Start by marking “Run Rabbit Run (Sophie Green Mystery, #5)” as Want to Read:
Run Rabbit Run (Sophie Green Mystery, #5)

Run Rabbit Run (Sophie Green Mystery #5)

3.96  ·  Rating Details  ·  359 Ratings  ·  38 Reviews
Sophie’s in trouble. Must be Tuesday.
Sophie Green’s an ex-spy, or trying to be. You wouldn’t believe the trouble she’s in. An MI5 officer has been shot with her gun, her fingerprints all over his office. And no, she didn’t kill him.

But she has gone on the run.

Now Sophie’s desperately seeking whoever’s trying to frame and kill her. She’s being forced to work with the least
Published February 13th 2012 by Choc Lit

To ask other readers questions about Run Rabbit Run, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Run Rabbit Run

Kerri
Nov 27, 2012 Kerri rated it liked it
Vicky (Books, Biscuits, and Tea)
Original review: http://www.booksbiscuitsandtea.co.uk/...

I’ve always loved mysteries and powerful heroines so when I was asked if I wanted to review this book, I was delighted and couldn’t wait to get started. Run Rabbit Run is the fifth instalment in the Sophie Green series and not being familiar with the previous books, I had no idea whether I could get into it or not or. But once again, Choc Lit presented me with a gripping story I was unable to put down and which kept me awake all night – I
Tara Chevrestt
Feb 29, 2012 Tara Chevrestt rated it really liked it
"A car gets blown up, and it's either going to Al Queda or Sophie Green."

I haven't read the first four books of this series, but when Choc Lit released the fifth one, this one, I figured in order for them to release a book they didn't have the first four for, that it would be able to stand alone, and I can't resist a woman spy.

It can stand alone. Even though some characters were in the book that obviously had run ins and experiences with Sophie in previous books, I never found myself confused.

S
Blodeuedd Finland
There are books before this one, but this book it the first book relased by Choc lit, and I decided to give it a go (ok I might have missed the part of a series thing ;) But it still worked great as a stand alone, you did not need to know Sophie from before and this was certainly a new adventure for her.

The book starts with a bang, Sophie in the run. And the book never slows down, Sophie keeps on running from the MI5 while trying to figure out who is after her. I kept on wondering if she would m
Lindsay (Little Reader Library)
'I had to fall in love with someone who gets nearly killed three times a year.'

Sophie is an ex-spy who is having a very bad day indeed. She was the last person at the scene of the murder of an MI5 officer and despite her protested innocence, everything points to her being guilty of the crime; he was shot with her gun, and her fingerprints are found in his office. Now she's on the run, and trying to discover who has set her up.

Her boyfriend Luke Sharpe works for MI6, and he swore he'd never get
Samantha Janning
Apr 19, 2012 Samantha Janning rated it really liked it
I first read Kate Johnson when I got lost in her novel The UnTied Kingdom, a unique novel with a blend of fantasy and chick lit. I was looking forward to another book from her, and that Run Rabbit Run was a mystery. I love a good mystery, and this one did not disappoint! This is actually a series following Sophie Green, but I didn’t have any issue catching right up with the characters. Sophie is an ex-spy, but she is forced back into that world when she is framed for murdering a M15 officer. Her ...more
Sue
Mar 29, 2012 Sue rated it really liked it
I have always been a big fan of the TV series ‘Spooks’, always enjoyed a thriller and a mystery storyline so when ChocLit asked if I would be interested in reviewing Run Rabbit Run, I jumped at the chance. I hadn’t read any of the previous Sophie Green mysteries but that wasn’t a problem as this book can be read as a stand alone.

If I’m totally honest, much as I wanted to like Sophie, initially I found her incredibly frustrating. She wasn’t the sophisticated, smooth and competent agent I was expe
The Commuting Bookworm
Jun 29, 2012 The Commuting Bookworm rated it it was amazing
Run Rabbit Run by Kate Johnson: Choc-Lit
Sophie Green is an ex-spy. An MI5 officer has been shot dead with her gun, her fingerprints are all over his office, but she swears she is innocent. Her boyfriend Luke Sharpe is tall, tanned, sexy and does not do commitment, he is a MI6 spook, or was until his girlfriend Sophie kills, again.

Jack de Valera, English by birth, but lives as a bounty hunter in the US, until he is framed for the murder of a Supreme High court judge, Irene Shepherd, he is on th
Shaz Goodwin
Apr 08, 2012 Shaz Goodwin rated it really liked it
Fifth in the Sophie Green Mysteries, Run Rabbit Run is also a stand-alone read. You don’t have to know anything about Sophie or her past at all. I haven’t read any of the others in the mysteries and I can assure you it made no difference to my enjoyment.

The prologue shows the reader the drastic measures Sophie is taking to leave the UK.

In each Chapter we spend time with Sophie while she is trying to evade capture (narrated in the first person) while also spending time with boyfriend Luke and wha
Laura Summers
Reviewed for www.bookchickcity.com

I’m a big fan of Janet Evanovich’s Stephanie Plum series, and RUN RABBIT RUN was very much like a British version. Sophie’s car even got blown up!

Sophie is a retired MI5 agent, now working in a book store at the airport. But when an MI5 officer is murdered, with Sophie’s gun and her prints all over the crime scene, she knows she’s been framed and goes on the run to clear her name. Leaving her MI6 boyfriend behind. On the run she also meets bounty hunter Jack, wh
Kirsty (Book - Love - Bug)
Feb 27, 2012 Kirsty (Book - Love - Bug) rated it really liked it
Run Rabbit Run is the latest instalment in the Sophie Green Mysteries written by Kate Johnson. This book is published by the lovely publishers that are Choc Lit UK; an independent brand-led publisher, specialising in fiction with romantic content, where the writing clearly develops the hero’s point of view. Oh, and have I mentioned before that Choc Lit heroes are always really realllly yummy!

In Run Rabbit Run, we get two delicious heroes (Luke and Jack) and one slightly crazy (quite possibly the
Kathryn
Jun 18, 2012 Kathryn rated it really liked it
Shelves: choc-lit
I read and thoroughly enjoyed Kate’s fantasy novel The Untied Kingdom last year and was looking forward to reading one of Kate’s Sophie Green mysteries. Run Rabbit Run is the first of these to be published by ChocLit, an independent publisher of fiction with an element of romance. (The previous four books in the Sophie Green series were published as ebooks in the USA.) You don’t need to have read any of the previous Sophie Green books to be able to enjoy this one. It works perfectly well as a st ...more
Shanyn Hosier
Well done, Kate Johnson!

Sophie Green, chaos on two legs, is back, and boy is she in trouble. All the favorite characters from past books make at least a cameo appearance (Xander, Rachel, Harvey, etc), for Sophie's on the lam for a crime she didn't commit, constantly looking for a place to crash or a bit of cash.

The story is pretty fast paced - although, from the mystery's perspective, it spins its wheels for a good while through the middle before we get to the nail-biting ending that's worth th
LindyLouMac
Jul 13, 2012 LindyLouMac rated it really liked it
I had no idea until after I read this novel that it is actually number 5 in the Sophie Green series, now I understand the dedication at the the front of the book.'To everyone who's emailed, Tweeted and Facebooked to ask what happened to Sophie next'. It is just that this is only the second book that has been published by Choc Lit from this author. Run Rabbit Run is perfect for a stand alone read, as you do not need to know anything about Sophie or her past at all. A fast paced fun read thanks to ...more
Christina
Jul 20, 2012 Christina rated it really liked it
(I'd like to give this 4 1/2 stars but the system won't let me).
I absolutely love Kate Johnson's writing - it's amusing, the stories are fast-paced, the characters eminently likeable and quirky. Once I started reading this book, I couldn't put it down - I was with the heroine every step of the way, wondering how she'd get herself out of the major trouble she was in. I loved her feistiness and the way nothing got her down, or if it did, she kept bouncing back. The hero (or heroes in this case) we
Heidi
May 18, 2013 Heidi rated it really liked it
I feel this book was the best in the series. I loved that she added the view Luke and the reader was able to feel what Luke felt fondly realizing what he wanted most of all.
However Sophie I feel was weak in this book and it bothered me a lot. She caved in at one point in the book and I was so angry I wanted throw my kindle across the room. The fall wasn't needed and it totally bugged me even after I finished the book.
After all of what Luke and Sophia went though in the other books I can't imagin
Heather
Apr 08, 2014 Heather rated it it was amazing
Loved this book! Johnson captured my attention from the very first page and I couldn't put it down. As much as I wanted to read it slowly I had it read in just over 24 hours. If you are looking for a fast-paced novel; one that stays true to the humor, Buffy references, and powerful connection between Sofie and Luke that Johnson gave in the previous 4 novels in this series, then get Run, Rabbit, Run. Just be prepared to lose interest in everything else for a while!
Stephanie Snyder
Aug 22, 2012 Stephanie Snyder rated it did not like it
I have read all the books in the series and after book 2 it stopped becoming a mystery we could tell where it was leading Sophie green would hurt her self run off and do something wasn't suppose to and in the end try to turn away from Luke. By the time I got to #5 all I wanted to know was what happens with Sophie and luke every thing else was the se just insert new character names new city's and new wounds and you have all 5 books.
MoyJoy
Apr 27, 2012 MoyJoy rated it liked it
This was cute... as were there others. It was nice to see Sophie working somewhat on her own but it was lacking some action and substance throughout most of it. Also some of her quirk was missing. That being said, I'm happy it was written and I'm happy to have read it. :) It was like I sat with Sophie over coffee and she filled me in with what went on in her life since the previous book.
Liz Willoughby
Aug 23, 2012 Liz Willoughby rated it really liked it
Very different from Kate's first novel The UnTied Kingdom which I adored. This is very much a fun roller coaster spy mystery novel. I hadn't realised it was part of her Sophie Green Mysteries but it reads as a stand alone too. I enjoyed Sophie and Luke's relationship but my favourite hero was Jack! A fun beach read. HIghly recommended.
Vanessa Fox
Sep 03, 2012 Vanessa Fox rated it liked it
As far as fluffy, tune-out reading goes, this series was OK. It was a little too Mary Sue (perfect heroine with a flawless body, and shiny blonde hair, so smart, and charming, but clutzy, and is shocked and amazed that all the boys fall for her, etc.). But it featured a cute cat.
Stina
May 10, 2012 Stina rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed the latest installment in the Sophie Green series. I found Still Waters to be a bit lacking, and Run Rabbit Run definitely made up for it. There was action, adventure, romance, and ridiculousness. And of course the Buffy references were plentiful!
Abby Runk
May 14, 2012 Abby Runk rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed the newest Sophie Green Mystery. It had been awhile since one had come out so I had forgotten about how lovable this character is. It is a great beach or travel read.
Meredith Kaupp
Mar 09, 2012 Meredith Kaupp rated it really liked it
I really liked this installment in the Sophie Green series. I especially liked that we get to hear Luke's point of view as well as Sophie's in this one.
Henriette Gyland
Jun 25, 2012 Henriette Gyland rated it it was amazing
Funny, sassy, touching, and romantic, with some truly hair-raising, scary parts - Sophie Green is the UK's answer to Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum.
Jenni
Jun 20, 2012 Jenni rated it it was amazing
Shelves:
Love this author and love this series. Luke is absolutely scrumptious and in this book you get his perspective. Can't wait for the next in the series.
Elizabeth Warner
Aug 28, 2012 Elizabeth Warner rated it really liked it
I enjoyed reading another Sophie Green book after a long wait. This series is total fluff, but the characters are fun...a great summer read.
Jack
Mar 05, 2015 Jack rated it really liked it
The irrepressible Sophie is on the run, in disguise, trying to prove her innocence and keep one step ahead of the bad guys.
Wrathsqueen
Apr 01, 2012 Wrathsqueen rated it really liked it
My review of Run Rabbit Run by Kate Johnson: http://wrathsqueensbooks.blogspot.co....
  • Never Coming Home
  • To Turn Full Circle
  • The Elephant Girl
  • Rise of the Notorious (Vasser Legacy, #2)
  • Close to the Wind
  • The Silver Locket
  • Highland Storms (Kinross Saga, #2)
  • Uncorked (A Chrissy McMullen Mystery, #7)
  • Blackout (Quick Reads 2014)
  • Trades of the Flesh
  • Vanity, Vengeance And A Weekend In Vegas (A Sophie Katz Murder Mystery, #6)
  • Before They Find Us
  • Love & Freedom
  • Peaceful Genocide
  • Star Struck
  • The Depot: When Life and Death Cross Tracks
  • Dear Amy
  • Number Seventy-Five
Kate Johnson lives in rural Essex where she belongs to a pride of cats and puts up with a demon puppy. She did actually do most of her homework, but quickly so as to have more time to stare out of the window thinking about heroes. Stay in school, kids. Kate has done a variety of not-particularly great jobs, ranging from airport check-in to lab assistant, but much prefers writing for a living. For ...more
More about Kate Johnson...

Sophie Green Mystery (5 books)
  • I, Spy? (Sophie Green Mystery, #1)
  • Ugley Business (Sophie Green Mystery, #2)
  • "A" is for Apple (Sophie Green Mystery, #3)
  • Still Waters (Sophie Green Mystery, #4)