Start by marking “Angel Thief (Out of the Bottle, #2)” as Want to Read:
Angel Thief (Out of the Bottle, #2)

Angel Thief (Out of the Bottle #2)

3.29  ·  Rating Details  ·  28 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews

She’s breaking the rules. Again.

An archivist in the heavenly library, Sara must follow protocol when it comes to curating the knowledge of the universe. But "liberating" an ancient text from the collection of a human—an Australian drug lord—could save a boy’s life. Sara has no way of knowing that one of the man’s other treasures is a sexy-as-sin djinni, bound by a wish

Audible Audio
Published December 9th 2010 by Carina Press (first published November 29th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Angel Thief, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Angel Thief

Jackie
Apr 30, 2011 Jackie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A delightfully easy fast sexy little story.. I have not read about "Genies" and Angels as the main m/f characters and both Sara and Filipe are interesting if due to the length of the story not that well fleshed out... However in the length of the novella we have a love story, an adventure, the redeeming of those who may have been lost if not due to second chances and most of all a nice interlude into fantasy that allows the reader to escape
the real world for a few short hours!

Reading The Price o
Shelleyrae at Book'd Out
Nov 23, 2010 Shelleyrae at Book'd Out rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Shelleyrae by: Jenny Schwartz
Angel Thief is a paranormal romance of novella length. The short format of Angel Thief necessarily restricts the ability of the author to explore her characters and their world fully, however the broad strokes are enough if you are craving a quick hot romantic read.
Sarah, an angel with a rebellious streak, is captured by a sexy djinni while on a mission of mercy. It stretches credibility to have an angel who was worried about being caught sneaking out of heaven for the right reasons, throwing h
Anne
Nov 14, 2010 Anne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone who likes paranormal romance.
When an enslaved djinni teams up with a rule-breaking angel, the resulting tale is a fast-paced adventure packed with romance.

Sara is an archivist working on a project that will allow manuscripts to be stored using light. She's also an angel. Sara's friend, Andrew, tells her about Tommy, an eight year old boy with a life-threatening bone infection. Sara takes it upon herself to research a possible cure, even if she has to break the rules to do it. Her quest leads her to the collection of a ruthl
Anna
Nov 18, 2010 Anna rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
One of the best aspects of Angel Thief is that it jumps right into the action, no elaborate schemes to draw out the introduction of characters- what you see is what you get. And who wouldn't want this image seared into memory?

He wore jeans, zipped but unbuttoned, and nothing else. The bones of his face were dominant angles, the nose aquiline, the wide mouth made for sin. Blue eyes were astonishingly bright against the darkness of his gleaming wet hair and skin.

Yum-my! Makes a girl want a djinni
Alex
Dec 01, 2010 Alex rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, review-copy
Stars: 2.5/5

Overall
Sara and Filip are two pawns in a game, struggling to do what is right, and best, while playing within the guidelines. If they can manage to work together, they might just be able to win.

I'll admit it's been a while since I read a het romance, but the concept of an angel falling for a djinn was tempting. That part of the story held up strongly and was satisfying. I recognize that my perspective may skew this review.

Strengths
Plot. I felt the strength of the story was in what wa
Habrewer
Feb 08, 2011 Habrewer rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Angel Thief by Jenny Schwartz
* I received a copy of this book from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review*

Angel Thief is more than just a tale of good vs. evil, it’s about the choices we make as human and the consequences of those choices. A drug lord’s daughter is kidnapped for revenge and he orders his djinni to rescue her while he plans an attack on the kidnapper.

Filip is used to being at the command of others, he is a djinni. His is a life of servitude from one master until the next. In
Eva (TXBookjunkie)
The premise seemed interesting enough. And though I haven't read the first book of this series (it seems this is the second book in Out of the Bottle series), I don't think that affected my enjoyment (or lack thereof) of this book. I just didn't connect with the characters or feel any spark between Sara or Filip. The resolution of the kidnapping felt sort of flat to me, though I did enjoy the way the kidnapper foiled Filip. I really wanted to like this book, but it just didn't work for me.

I've i
Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
Sara is the archivist in the Library of Heaven. When she discovers a rare and valuable book in the earthly library of an Australian drug lord, she knows she must liberate it to save a young boys life. She knows it is breaking the rules, but she looks to the greater good of saving the boy. What she doesn’t know is that one of the other rare treasures held by the drug lord is Filip, a sexy and attractive djinni, sworn to protect all property of his master, no matter what.

When a fanatic kidnaps th
Alice Janell
Jan 04, 2011 Alice Janell rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2010
After receiving an ARC of "Angel Thief" from Netgalley, I was excited to read this novella from Carina Press.

The premise caught my attention straight away: a paranormal romance with angels and dark genies (djinn). Finally! Something other than vampires, werewolves, witches and faeries. The paranormal spectrum is large and wide; it's nice to read about something different.

However, I had a hard time connecting with the characters. They felt one-dimensional and the romance wasn't as believable as I
Cleffairy
Mar 29, 2011 Cleffairy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Reviewed at: Library of Lights

Date reviewed: 17th Feb 2011

Review link: http://mykindaland.com/?p=143

This book is a keeper, very original and very intriguing and inspiring. Angel Thief is one book that I will read again whenever I got the chance to do it. It is interesting to note that the author does not paint the main character, Sara, who is an angel a complete goodie. Instead, she’s portrayed as a vibrant being who would do anything for goodness sake, even that means she’ll break the heavenly
Laurielu Bona Fide Reflections
Mar 26, 2011 Laurielu Bona Fide Reflections rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: over 18 due to sexual content
In Angel Thief, Jenny Schwartz creates a short story about compassion and redemption sprinkled with a little bit of lovin’. This paranormal romance begins with Sara, an angel, stealing into a library of a drug smuggler to find a book that holds an anecdote to cure a little boy with life-threatening bone illness. While in the library, she is caught red-handed by a djinni named Filip. The sparks fly between them from the inception of the story. An unlikely pair, djinni and an angel, are thrown tog ...more
May 09, 2011 Sarah rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Check out my review at: Escape by Fiction
Jenny Schwartz
Oct 28, 2010 Jenny Schwartz rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
How can I not give my own novella 5 stars?!!
D
May 09, 2011 D rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2011, netgalley
Too rushed. I really hate short stories.
Melissa
Melissa marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2016
Onyx
Onyx marked it as to-read
Aug 01, 2016
Chelsea
Chelsea marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2016
Pamela
Pamela marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2016
Rita
Rita marked it as to-read
May 28, 2016
Felicia
Felicia marked it as to-read
Apr 28, 2016
Pat Winter
Pat Winter marked it as to-read
Apr 27, 2016
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2016
Selena
Selena marked it as to-read
Mar 07, 2016
Raine
Raine marked it as to-read
Feb 14, 2016
Zoe
Zoe rated it it was amazing
Feb 18, 2016
Beiza
Beiza added it
Jan 15, 2016
Willow
Willow marked it as to-read
Jan 11, 2016
Claire Boston
Claire Boston rated it really liked it
Jan 10, 2016
Asha
Asha marked it as to-read
Nov 27, 2015
Laura Vavz
Laura Vavz marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 next »
In 2016, Jenny's focus is the paranormal romance series, The Collegium. Shifters, demons, warrior-mages and dragons.

Demon Hunter - out now
Djinn Justice - out now
Dragon Knight - out now
Doctor Wolf - out now
Plague Cult - out now
Hollywood Demon - out August 2016

********

Jenny Schwartz is a hopeful romantic with a degree in Sociology and History — people watching and digging into the past. She lives i
More about Jenny Schwartz...

Out of the Bottle (3 books)
  • The Price of Freedom (Out of the Bottle, #1)
  • Three Wishes (Out of the Bottle, #3)