Blank-133x176
Angel Thief

Jenny Schwartz

Angel Thief (Out of the Bottle #2)

3.16 of 5 stars 3.16  ·  rating details  ·  25 ratings  ·  14 reviews

She’s breaking the rules. Again.

An archivist in the heavenly library, Sara must follow protocol when it comes to curating the knowledge of the universe. But "liberating" an ancient text from the collection of a human—an Australian drug lord—could save a boy’s life. Sara has no way of knowing that one of the man’s other treasures is a sexy-as-sin djinni, bound by a wish t

Audiobook
Published by carina (first published November 2010)

Jackie
A delightfully easy fast sexy little story.. I have not read about "Genies" and Angels as the main m/f characters and both Sara and Filipe are interesting if due to the length of the story not that well fleshed out... However in the length of the novella we have a love story, an adventure, the redeeming of those who may have been lost if not due to second chances and most of all a nice interlude into fantasy that allows the reader to escape
the real world for a few short hours!

Reading The Price o...more
Shelleyrae at Book'd Out
Nov 23, 2010 Shelleyrae at Book'd Out rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Shelleyrae by: Jenny Schwartz
Shelves: blog-reviews
Angel Thief is a paranormal romance of novella length. The short format of Angel Thief necessarily restricts the ability of the author to explore her characters and their world fully, however the broad strokes are enough if you are craving a quick hot romantic read.
Sarah, an angel with a rebellious streak, is captured by a sexy djinni while on a mission of mercy. It stretches credibility to have an angel who was worried about being caught sneaking out of heaven for the right reasons, throwing h...more
Anne
Nov 14, 2010 Anne rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone who likes paranormal romance.
When an enslaved djinni teams up with a rule-breaking angel, the resulting tale is a fast-paced adventure packed with romance.

Sara is an archivist working on a project that will allow manuscripts to be stored using light. She's also an angel. Sara's friend, Andrew, tells her about Tommy, an eight year old boy with a life-threatening bone infection. Sara takes it upon herself to research a possible cure, even if she has to break the rules to do it. Her quest leads her to the collection of a ruthl...more
Anna
One of the best aspects of Angel Thief is that it jumps right into the action, no elaborate schemes to draw out the introduction of characters- what you see is what you get. And who wouldn't want this image seared into memory?

He wore jeans, zipped but unbuttoned, and nothing else. The bones of his face were dominant angles, the nose aquiline, the wide mouth made for sin. Blue eyes were astonishingly bright against the darkness of his gleaming wet hair and skin.

Yum-my! Makes a girl want a djinni...more
Alex
Stars: 2.5/5

Overall
Sara and Filip are two pawns in a game, struggling to do what is right, and best, while playing within the guidelines. If they can manage to work together, they might just be able to win.

I'll admit it's been a while since I read a het romance, but the concept of an angel falling for a djinn was tempting. That part of the story held up strongly and was satisfying. I recognize that my perspective may skew this review.

Strengths
Plot. I felt the strength of the story was in what wa...more
Habrewer
Angel Thief by Jenny Schwartz
* I received a copy of this book from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review*

Angel Thief is more than just a tale of good vs. evil, it’s about the choices we make as human and the consequences of those choices. A drug lord’s daughter is kidnapped for revenge and he orders his djinni to rescue her while he plans an attack on the kidnapper.

Filip is used to being at the command of others, he is a djinni. His is a life of servitude from one master until the next. In...more
Eva (TXBookjunkie)
The premise seemed interesting enough. And though I haven't read the first book of this series (it seems this is the second book in Out of the Bottle series), I don't think that affected my enjoyment (or lack thereof) of this book. I just didn't connect with the characters or feel any spark between Sara or Filip. The resolution of the kidnapping felt sort of flat to me, though I did enjoy the way the kidnapper foiled Filip. I really wanted to like this book, but it just didn't work for me.

I've i...more
Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
Sara is the archivist in the Library of Heaven. When she discovers a rare and valuable book in the earthly library of an Australian drug lord, she knows she must liberate it to save a young boys life. She knows it is breaking the rules, but she looks to the greater good of saving the boy. What she doesn’t know is that one of the other rare treasures held by the drug lord is Filip, a sexy and attractive djinni, sworn to protect all property of his master, no matter what.

When a fanatic kidnaps th...more
Alice Janell
After receiving an ARC of "Angel Thief" from Netgalley, I was excited to read this novella from Carina Press.

The premise caught my attention straight away: a paranormal romance with angels and dark genies (djinn). Finally! Something other than vampires, werewolves, witches and faeries. The paranormal spectrum is large and wide; it's nice to read about something different.

However, I had a hard time connecting with the characters. They felt one-dimensional and the romance wasn't as believable as I...more
Cleffairy
Reviewed at: Library of Lights

Date reviewed: 17th Feb 2011

Review link: http://mykindaland.com/?p=143

This book is a keeper, very original and very intriguing and inspiring. Angel Thief is one book that I will read again whenever I got the chance to do it. It is interesting to note that the author does not paint the main character, Sara, who is an angel a complete goodie. Instead, she’s portrayed as a vibrant being who would do anything for goodness sake, even that means she’ll break the heavenly...more
Laurielu Bona Fide Reflections
Mar 26, 2011 Laurielu Bona Fide Reflections rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: over 18 due to sexual content
In Angel Thief, Jenny Schwartz creates a short story about compassion and redemption sprinkled with a little bit of lovin’. This paranormal romance begins with Sara, an angel, stealing into a library of a drug smuggler to find a book that holds an anecdote to cure a little boy with life-threatening bone illness. While in the library, she is caught red-handed by a djinni named Filip. The sparks fly between them from the inception of the story. An unlikely pair, djinni and an angel, are thrown tog...more
Jenny Schwartz
Oct 28, 2010 Jenny Schwartz rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
How can I not give my own novella 5 stars?!!
D
Too rushed. I really hate short stories.
Fiona Marsden
Fiona Marsden marked it as to-read
May 26, 2014
Kendra Brand
Kendra Brand marked it as to-read
May 23, 2014
Ashley Perez
Ashley Perez marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2014
Nancy Jones
Nancy Jones marked it as to-read
Apr 02, 2014
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Mar 18, 2014
Lexi
Lexi marked it as to-read
Feb 07, 2014
Eleni Konstantine
Eleni Konstantine marked it as to-read
Dec 04, 2013
Laura marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2013
Mia
Mia marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
I'm a West Australian author of coastal romances that celebrate the joy of falling in love and the freedom of choosing to follow your heart.

I'm also a huge re-reader. Some of my favourite authors include Terry Pratchett, Jayne Ann Krentz, Shelly Laurenston and Ilona Andrews.

More about Jenny Schwartz...
Mistaken Engagement Drawing Closer Wanted: One Scoundrel (Bustlepunk Chronicles #1) It’s Love, Dude Hero Duty