Start by marking “A Summit City Christmas (Summit City, #2.5)” as Want to Read:
A Summit City Christmas (Summit City, #2.5)

A Summit City Christmas (Summit City #2.5)

Holiday's with friends and family are never dull and Boone's first Christmas in Summit City is no exception to that Yuletide rule.

You are cordially invited to join Boone and Wade for a Christmas Eve extravaganza, including many of your other favorites from the Summit City - Sno Ho series.
Published December 9th 2011 by MLR Press, LLC

To ask other readers questions about A Summit City Christmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Summit City Christmas

Blame It on the Mistletoe by Eli EastonSock it to Me, Santa! by Madison  ParkerUnwrapping Hank by Eli EastonLet It Snow by Heidi CullinanThe Christmas Throwaway by R.J. Scott
38th out of 181 books — 246 voters
Sock it to Me, Santa! by Madison  ParkerBlame It on the Mistletoe by Eli EastonThe Christmas Throwaway by R.J. ScottThe Winter Courtship Rituals of Fur-Bearing Critters by Amy LaneHis For The Holidays by Angela James
Christmas/Summer/Holiday Gay Romance
36th out of 170 books — 111 voters

More lists with this book...

OHHH Boone, OHHH Wade how I missed you!!! This story was just perfect. It was everything I expect from Ethan Day. I was laughing IMMEDIATELY, crazy in love with the characters, and just having the best time from the moment I started to read.

Here’s the thing with Ethan Day, the man OWNS the Romantic Comedy in this genre. His comedic timing is flawless. He gets the laugh EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. Whenever I set out to read something from Ethan, I KNOW I will fall quite a few times, whether off my chai
MsMiz (Tina)
Dec 09, 2011 MsMiz (Tina) rated it it was amazing
Shelves: glbt-all, pdf
First, I have already read this twice, so that should tell you how I feel about spending the holidays with Boone, Wade and the menagerie of family and friends.

Second, I have a deep seated love for the Life In Fusion stories. Whenever I get time and need a pick me up, I always find myself turning to these boys. Ethan always does a fantastic job with his characters and if you have not, for sure pick these books up and At Piper's Point at the least. Ethan has a real gift for romantic comedy - his
Heather C
Dec 09, 2011 Heather C rated it it was amazing
It was too frickin' short, but I still loved it!!! Boone and Wade are my favorite couple out of all of Ethan's books! Especially Boone and his slutty mouth. I laughed out loud so many times I almost peed myself (seriously). I even got a little teary-eyed during that one special moment. Trust me, you will know which one I mean! It was just *sigh* so so sweet! Wade is so amazing!

Anyway, I love these guys if you haven't figured that out already. I hear there will be one more book to finish out the

While this was a lovely way to catch up with Boone and Wade, it sadly fell short of the previous books. Maybe because the cost of this one didn't tally with the length or content? Theres no real plot, just a family gathering for Xmas. If this was a free short or even part of an anthology it would of had a beter reaction from me. Overall a 3 star read. But its gets an extra star purely because Boone was still in top form.
Dec 09, 2011 Snowtulip rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m
All a girl could hope for Christmas is a little Boone and more Christmas wishes, I've been taken care of :)

Boone and Wade are my comfort characters because of the love and laughter. This story did not dissapoint, the humor is top notch once again...I so love Boone.

My post read glow left me laughing and starry eyed.
Cole Riann
Another laugh-fest from Mr. Day. I could never get enough of Wade and Boone.

Uh, they might be the only m/m couple that I've actually wished were real...

My Brain: Well, we finished that one. Now what?

My Heart: You can think about Boone as Dave Franco in red long johns...because you know you're thinking of him when you read Boone.

My Soul: This is all your fault, Brain! We should have paced ourselves. Made the pleasure last longer instead of scarfing it down like it's the last morsel of food on the planet.

My Brain: It's a little late to be bringing that up now. I can't help I was starving for more of these guys...Hold on, Dave Fr
Dec 10, 2011 Tamela marked it as to-read
I was so excited when I saw there was a Boone and Wade story out. But I was just as shocked to see that the short story... only 54 pages, was priced at $4.99. I love my ebooks, but the reason I went to the Kindle was to try and SAVE money. I'm actually finding that all the very expensive shorter stories are hitting my pocketbook harder than the good old paperbacks.

Sadly, this story is going to have to go by the wayside as I cannot afford to spend that kind of money for a 54 page short story whi
Emanuela ~plastic duck~
In my wildest dreams I receive a daily update on Wade and Boone's everyday life: Boone teasing, Wade charming him, Boone falling a little bit more in love with each passing day, their love making session. This was just perfect for the holidays. I loved the guys, but I also liked Boone and Gabe's conversation, the corn children, the Twins, everything. Being in Summit City is like visiting dear old friends. I miss them already. I'm a Sno-Ho ho...
Dec 25, 2011 Sylvia rated it liked it
LOL funny but a little bit crowded with people and hardly a story.
Dec 14, 2012 Melanie~~ rated it really liked it
Well, I cheated. No, I read this whole story and read it today.

My cheat was that I read this story first rather than last. Now, I can't wait to read Sno Ho (Sno Ho, #1) by Ethan Day and Life in Fusion (Sno Ho, #2) by Ethan Day and pretty much anything written by Ethan Day.

I loved the characters in this story. All of them! Boone is so funny in his sarcasm; Wade is so sweet in all his sentimentality. Everyone else—as well as I know or don't know them for not having read the first two books—rounds out the cast by supporting or tweaking the mains wherever needed.

Dec 13, 2011 Melanie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the 3rd installment of Wade and Boone's story that started with Sno Ho, continued on with Life in Fusion and will end with a 4th book coming out next year. I have to admit I always look forward to a new Wade and Boone story. The first Sno Ho kept me in fits and giggles the entire time and this one is no exception. If this is your first introduction to this couple, I suggest you start at the beginning or all the different characters here will confuse you.
Between Wade's family and Boone's
Tami (synchro from BL)
Dec 18, 2012 Tami (synchro from BL) rated it really liked it
A short story about christmas in Summit City (not surprising considering the title :-)).
It was very nice, you met all the characters from the first two installments, it had some nice bantering and sarcasm which is Boone's trademark. It also had a very romantic moment: (view spoiler)
I liked it, the writing was great as in the other books, my only little minus here: there was nothing new, no story development, just a little christmas peace, therefore "o
Jun 17, 2012 Monika rated it really liked it
Ahhhh! To have Boone and Wade back even for a very short time was great. I miss these two, especially Boone and in this short story he didn’t disappoint me he’s the same adorable, sweet, funny, crazy, snarky character he was in the previous books and I’m so glad for it. Wade is still the stable one and still very much in love with Boone. What a crazy bunch of characters this series has. It was nice to catch up with what was going on in Wade and Boone’s life and to see something starting for Gabe ...more
Dec 19, 2011 Vespasian rated it liked it
I enjoy this author's work, and I'm a big fan of humor in stories. This bordered on too over-the-top for me, with characters scrambling to best each other with sassy lines. It reminded me of watching a play where the comic relief character takes over, and the audience gobbles it up at the expense of the main plot.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the story, but I felt it would have been better had the comedy been toned down.
A cute and funny Christmas story with Boone and Wade, two MCs who are quickly becoming one of my favorite pairings. It's the first Christmas the two of them celebrate together in Summit City. Boone's family and friends are there to spend the holidays with them and Wade's family and friends. And with all stories from Boone's POV, there are funny, funny quips abound from Boone's twisted and sarcastic mind about the holiday traditions. There are sweet and touching interactions there, too.
Dec 14, 2014 Tara rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, holiday, read-in-2011
This Christmas interlude of the Summit City boys is good. Really it doesn't progress the story line further (well, maybe a little bit of Gabe's story), but it is still a fun read. It's Boone's first Christmas in Summit City and all his old friends have shown up to spend the day with him. It's really like a little slice of Holiday life with Wade & Boone and that's ok by me.
Ohh, I missed Boone and Wade so much. They are such a great couple and I'm so happy Ethan Day decided to write more about them! They're just so great and funny and sexy and sweet. Ethan Day could write as many books about them as he wants and I'd never get tired of reading about them. I loved it!
Jan 03, 2012 Mandi rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance-mm
I finally broke down and bought this ($4.99 for 54 pages!! So short!! I thought I would be getting my kindle books a bit cheaper!), but I couldn't resist the allure of Wade and Boone. I love these characters and enjoyed reading more about them (and the crazy family and friends!)
Dec 10, 2011 Elci rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favourites, series
What?! That's it?! I want more. This story was laugh out loud funny, insanely fab and just full of awesome sauce. I love love love Boone. And Wade ain't so bad either.
Dec 01, 2015 Katherine rated it really liked it
This was really short and ended abruptly, but I love this couple and all of their friends and family. I laughed out loud at Boone and his mom Dixie. So funny.
Dec 20, 2011 Bdbaficionada rated it it was amazing
I love this series and all things written by Ethan day. I can't wait to see more with Gabe and Chip as well as wedding plans.
Dec 13, 2011 Ruby rated it really liked it
Rating: B

Review originally posted on Brief Encounters Reviews

I was thrilled to get my paws on this one as I’ve loved reading Ethan Day’s two previous Summit City stories: Sno Ho and Life in Fusion (both too long to be reviewed over here). They tell the story of the whirlwind romance between self-confessed slut Boone Daniels and Summit City golden boy Wade Walker. All three books are narrated by the inimitable Boone, and their success largely hinges on whether or not you enjoy his unique narrativ
Mar 08, 2012 Dawn rated it really liked it
Shelves: to-be-read-again
Ethan Day is an author I absolutely love to read, because within five pages of one of his stories I am laughing hysterically at the things Boone says and does. It stands to reason that his latest Snow Ho series story is full of humor, love and steamy sex. I wasn’t wrong either. With the right amount of humor, a cast of captivating characters and a storyline that continues several months after the last book (LIFE IN FUSION) ended. I absolutely adore Boone. He is hilarious and is quite a charmer a ...more
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
The Romance Review

Boone is back! Boone's snarky remarks, kooky friends and funny family never cease to make me laugh. In this fun short story, we see Boone trying to keep his neurotic behaviours under control as they bring two families together – his and Wade's. Wade is his manly stable self. He's the only calm shelter amongst the whirlwind cast of characters. Even Wade's sister is a bit on edge with her Tasmanian Devil children.

Mr. Day creates a warm family holiday piece where the family eccentricities add flav
Dec 18, 2012 Plainbrownwrapper rated it liked it
Shelves: mm
I reread the first two books in the series before reading this Christmas short.

I love parts of these books. The humor is often hysterically funny, the secondary characters are quite memorable, and the emotions are sometimes touching. OTOH there isn't much plot...and, most seriously for me, the MC is a big time serious chick-with-dick character. This time around it really really bugged me -- he repeatedly calls himself a slut or a whore, his knees literally go weak when the other MC is around, he
Sammy Goode
Jan 07, 2012 Sammy Goode rated it it was amazing
Once again, the indomitable Ethan Day brings us a whirlwind of fun and love with downright zany characters and the sweetest touch of romance, all wrapped up in A Summit City Christmas. We join Boone and Wade for their first christmas together in the snow covered mountains of Summit City. Complete with a tree that Boone swears displaced half the squirrel population, the sex-crazed twins Donny and Lonny and a satisfyingly neurosis ridden visit by Gabe who is still jonesing over Chip, this little n ...more
Dec 27, 2012 Shierra rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
First i wanted to say, Ethan day is one of my favorite author of all time.

i really love the whole series of sno ho, i actually read it twice now.. i love how the story moves, each character of the series, and the ending.
its not special or unique to me but it is amazing and very sweet romance. i just love the humor of the protagonist, both of them were such a smart ass.

i was hoping that ethan day shows us the future of these two. i love them but considering their fast pace romance, it
Apr 20, 2015 Elizabetta rated it really liked it
Shelves: humorous, series2
Ethan Day has his own brand of zaniness that translates well to the page. Wade's family is crazy -- lots of colorful characters that are extended to the town-folk too. Boone has realized that being with Wade means being a part of that large extended family. Even if they get all up in the guys' biznatch and make for frustrations, it's all loving and good in their first Xmas together. This is a sweet, short follow up to Sno Ho and Life in Fusion. Light and humorous, perfect for holiday reading.
A christmas get-together featuring Wade and Boone's crazy family and friends.

This book will not make any sense unless have read the first two books of the series - Sno Ho (Sno Ho, #1) by Ethan Day and Life in Fusion (Sno Ho, #2) by Ethan Day.

If you have read those two books, you will be prepared to laugh out loud and for Boone to make no sense whatsoever.

I personally think that ending with Book 2 would have been just fine.....
  • Personal Shopper
  • Christmas with Danny Fit
  • Beautiful Harmony (Conquest, #5.5)
  • Miracle of the Bellskis (Bellskis, #2)
  • Winter Warmers
  • The Match Before Christmas  (The Match Before Christmas #1)
  • Icecapade
  • Every Time A Bell Rings (Wonderful Life #1)
  • Twelve Days (A Note in the Margin, #2)
  • Something to Believe In
  • Games Boys Play (Glitterbomb! #2)
  • A Picture Perfect Holiday
  • Mending Noel (North Pole City Tales #1)
  • Sock it to Me, Santa!
  • Left of Centre
  • Too Much Christmas Spirit
  • The Christmas Proposition
  • Sixty Five Hours: The Twelve Days of Christmas (Sixty Five Hours, #1.5)
Welcome to Ethan Day's Goodreads Profile. I write mainly contemporary GLBT Romance Novels, but who knows what the future might bring and what other genres I may dive into.

Hopefully, you’ll find my books to be sexy as well as fun. Sex and romance, should be fun! If it isn’t, then perhaps you’re not doing it right.

I hope you love my characters as much as I do. With any luck they’ll inspire you the
More about Ethan Day...

Summit City (3 books)
  • Sno Ho (Summit City, #1)
  • Life in Fusion (Summit City, #2)

“I felt my muscles tensing as my body readied itself to flight—not fight—from whatever critter was about to spring free from beneath the branches and attack. I’d long since realized I was the type who’d always run. I’d grown up having a mother who’d continuously informed me there was no shame in living to flee another day.” 2 likes