A Summit City Christmas (Sno Ho, #2.5)

A Summit City Christmas (Sno Ho #2.5)

4.09 of 5 stars 4.09  ·  rating details  ·  407 ratings  ·  75 reviews
Holiday's with friends and family are never dull and Boone's first Christmas in Summit City is no exception to that Yuletide rule.

You are cordially invited to join Boone and Wade for a Christmas Eve extravaganza, including many of your other favorites from the Summit City - Sno Ho series.
Published December 9th 2011 by MLR Press, LLC

To ask other readers questions about A Summit City Christmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Summit City Christmas

Blame It on the Mistletoe by Eli EastonSock it to Me, Santa! by Madison  ParkerThe Christmas Throwaway by R.J. ScottChristmas Delights by Diane  AdamsLet It Snow by Heidi Cullinan
M/M CHRISTMAS Books
18th out of 96 books — 90 voters
Sock it to Me, Santa! by Madison  ParkerThe Christmas Throwaway by R.J. ScottThe Winter Courtship Rituals of Fur-Bearing Critters by Amy LaneHis For The Holidays by Josh LanyonBlame It on the Mistletoe by Eli Easton
Christmas/Summer/Holiday Gay Romance
14th out of 99 books — 77 voters

More lists with this book...

Lauraadriana
OHHH Boone, OHHH Wade how I missed you!!! This story was just perfect. It was everything I expect from Ethan Day. I was laughing IMMEDIATELY, crazy in love with the characters, and just having the best time from the moment I started to read.

Here’s the thing with Ethan Day, the man OWNS the Romantic Comedy in this genre. His comedic timing is flawless. He gets the laugh EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. Whenever I set out to read something from Ethan, I KNOW I will fall quite a few times, whether off my chai...more
Heather C
It was too frickin' short, but I still loved it!!! Boone and Wade are my favorite couple out of all of Ethan's books! Especially Boone and his slutty mouth. I laughed out loud so many times I almost peed myself (seriously). I even got a little teary-eyed during that one special moment. Trust me, you will know which one I mean! It was just *sigh* so so sweet! Wade is so amazing!

Anyway, I love these guys if you haven't figured that out already. I hear there will be one more book to finish out the...more
MsMiz (Tina)
First, I have already read this twice, so that should tell you how I feel about spending the holidays with Boone, Wade and the menagerie of family and friends.

Second, I have a deep seated love for the Life In Fusion stories. Whenever I get time and need a pick me up, I always find myself turning to these boys. Ethan always does a fantastic job with his characters and if you have not, for sure pick these books up and At Piper's Point at the least. Ethan has a real gift for romantic comedy - his...more
Deeze

While this was a lovely way to catch up with Boone and Wade, it sadly fell short of the previous books. Maybe because the cost of this one didn't tally with the length or content? Theres no real plot, just a family gathering for Xmas. If this was a free short or even part of an anthology it would of had a beter reaction from me. Overall a 3 star read. But its gets an extra star purely because Boone was still in top form.
Snowtulip
All a girl could hope for Christmas is a little Boone and Wade...done...no more Christmas wishes, I've been taken care of :)

Boone and Wade are my comfort characters because of the love and laughter. This story did not dissapoint, the humor is top notch once again...I so love Boone.

My post read glow left me laughing and starry eyed.
Cole Riann
Another laugh-fest from Mr. Day. I could never get enough of Wade and Boone.

Uh, they might be the only m/m couple that I've actually wished were real...
Emanuela ~plastic duck~
In my wildest dreams I receive a daily update on Wade and Boone's everyday life: Boone teasing, Wade charming him, Boone falling a little bit more in love with each passing day, their love making session. This was just perfect for the holidays. I loved the guys, but I also liked Boone and Gabe's conversation, the corn children, the Twins, everything. Being in Summit City is like visiting dear old friends. I miss them already. I'm a Sno-Ho ho...
Sylvia
LOL funny but a little bit crowded with people and hardly a story.
Melanie~~
Well, I cheated. No, I read this whole story and read it today.

My cheat was that I read this story first rather than last. Now, I can't wait to read Sno Ho (Sno Ho, #1) by Ethan Day and Life in Fusion (Sno Ho, #2) by Ethan Day and pretty much anything written by Ethan Day.

I loved the characters in this story. All of them! Boone is so funny in his sarcasm; Wade is so sweet in all his sentimentality. Everyone else—as well as I know or don't know them for not having read the first two books—rounds out the cast by supporting or tweaking the mains wherever needed.

What...more
Melanie
This is the 3rd installment of Wade and Boone's story that started with Sno Ho, continued on with Life in Fusion and will end with a 4th book coming out next year. I have to admit I always look forward to a new Wade and Boone story. The first Sno Ho kept me in fits and giggles the entire time and this one is no exception. If this is your first introduction to this couple, I suggest you start at the beginning or all the different characters here will confuse you.
Between Wade's family and Boone's...more
Tamela
Dec 10, 2011 Tamela marked it as to-read
I was so excited when I saw there was a Boone and Wade story out. But I was just as shocked to see that the short story... only 54 pages, was priced at $4.99. I love my ebooks, but the reason I went to the Kindle was to try and SAVE money. I'm actually finding that all the very expensive shorter stories are hitting my pocketbook harder than the good old paperbacks.

Sadly, this story is going to have to go by the wayside as I cannot afford to spend that kind of money for a 54 page short story whi...more
Monika
Ahhhh! To have Boone and Wade back even for a very short time was great. I miss these two, especially Boone and in this short story he didn’t disappoint me he’s the same adorable, sweet, funny, crazy, snarky character he was in the previous books and I’m so glad for it. Wade is still the stable one and still very much in love with Boone. What a crazy bunch of characters this series has. It was nice to catch up with what was going on in Wade and Boone’s life and to see something starting for Gabe...more
Tami (synchro from BL)
A short story about christmas in Summit City (not surprising considering the title :-)).
It was very nice, you met all the characters from the first two installments, it had some nice bantering and sarcasm which is Boone's trademark. It also had a very romantic moment: (view spoiler)
I liked it, the writing was great as in the other books, my only little minus here: there was nothing new, no story development, just a little christmas peace, therefore "o...more
Vespasian
I enjoy this author's work, and I'm a big fan of humor in stories. This bordered on too over-the-top for me, with characters scrambling to best each other with sassy lines. It reminded me of watching a play where the comic relief character takes over, and the audience gobbles it up at the expense of the main plot.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the story, but I felt it would have been better had the comedy been toned down.
Tara
This Christmas interlude of the Summit City boys is good. Really it doesn't progress the story line further (well, maybe a little bit of Gabe's story), but it is still a fun read. It's Boone's first Christmas in Summit City and all his old friends have shown up to spend the day with him. It's really like a little slice of Holiday life with Wade & Boone and that's ok by me.
Anna
Ohh, I missed Boone and Wade so much. They are such a great couple and I'm so happy Ethan Day decided to write more about them! They're just so great and funny and sexy and sweet. Ethan Day could write as many books about them as he wants and I'd never get tired of reading about them. I loved it!
Mandi
I finally broke down and bought this ($4.99 for 54 pages!! So short!! I thought I would be getting my kindle books a bit cheaper!), but I couldn't resist the allure of Wade and Boone. I love these characters and enjoyed reading more about them (and the crazy family and friends!)
Elci
What?! That's it?! I want more. This story was laugh out loud funny, insanely fab and just full of awesome sauce. I love love love Boone. And Wade ain't so bad either.
Bdbaficionada
I love this series and all things written by Ethan day. I can't wait to see more with Gabe and Chip as well as wedding plans.
Ruby
Rating: B

Review originally posted on Brief Encounters Reviews

I was thrilled to get my paws on this one as I’ve loved reading Ethan Day’s two previous Summit City stories: Sno Ho and Life in Fusion (both too long to be reviewed over here). They tell the story of the whirlwind romance between self-confessed slut Boone Daniels and Summit City golden boy Wade Walker. All three books are narrated by the inimitable Boone, and their success largely hinges on whether or not you enjoy his unique narrativ...more
♆ BookAddict ~ La Crimson Femme
The Romance Review

Boone is back! Boone's snarky remarks, kooky friends and funny family never cease to make me laugh. In this fun short story, we see Boone trying to keep his neurotic behaviours under control as they bring two families together – his and Wade's. Wade is his manly stable self. He's the only calm shelter amongst the whirlwind cast of characters. Even Wade's sister is a bit on edge with her Tasmanian Devil children.

Mr. Day creates a warm family holiday piece where the family eccentricities add flav...more
Dawn
Ethan Day is an author I absolutely love to read, because within five pages of one of his stories I am laughing hysterically at the things Boone says and does. It stands to reason that his latest Snow Ho series story is full of humor, love and steamy sex. I wasn’t wrong either. With the right amount of humor, a cast of captivating characters and a storyline that continues several months after the last book (LIFE IN FUSION) ended. I absolutely adore Boone. He is hilarious and is quite a charmer a...more
Plainbrownwrapper
I reread the first two books in the series before reading this Christmas short.

I love parts of these books. The humor is often hysterically funny, the secondary characters are quite memorable, and the emotions are sometimes touching. OTOH there isn't much plot...and, most seriously for me, the MC is a big time serious chick-with-dick character. This time around it really really bugged me -- he repeatedly calls himself a slut or a whore, his knees literally go weak when the other MC is around, he...more
Sammy Goode
Once again, the indomitable Ethan Day brings us a whirlwind of fun and love with downright zany characters and the sweetest touch of romance, all wrapped up in A Summit City Christmas. We join Boone and Wade for their first christmas together in the snow covered mountains of Summit City. Complete with a tree that Boone swears displaced half the squirrel population, the sex-crazed twins Donny and Lonny and a satisfyingly neurosis ridden visit by Gabe who is still jonesing over Chip, this little n...more
Shierra
First i wanted to say, Ethan day is one of my favorite author of all time.

i really love the whole series of sno ho, i actually read it twice now.. i love how the story moves, each character of the series, and the ending.
its not special or unique to me but it is amazing and very sweet romance. i just love the humor of the protagonist, both of them were such a smart ass.

HOWEVER...

i was hoping that ethan day shows us the future of these two. i love them but considering their fast pace romance, it...more
~~Dani ♥ semi-colons~~

Boone, dear god, that is not how you react when your boyfriend (view spoiler)

The smexy at the end was hot. The rest was meh; too many side characters and bantering.

But at least there was an actual ending.
Elizabetta
Ethan Day has his own brand of zaniness that translates well to the page. Wade's family is crazy -- lots of colorful characters that are extended to the town-folk too. Boone has realized that being with Wade means being a part of that large extended family. Even if they get all up in the guys' biznatch and make for frustrations, it's all loving and good in their first Xmas together. This is a sweet, short follow up to Sno Ho and Life in Fusion. Light and humorous, perfect for holiday reading.
Eve
Awesomely cute ending for this! By the way, do Gabe & the Chip-ster get their own story?!? Pretty please!
Kukko
A christmas get-together featuring Wade and Boone's crazy family and friends.

This book will not make any sense unless have read the first two books of the series - Sno Ho (Sno Ho, #1) by Ethan Day and Life in Fusion (Sno Ho, #2) by Ethan Day.

If you have read those two books, you will be prepared to laugh out loud and for Boone to make no sense whatsoever.

I personally think that ending with Book 2 would have been just fine.....
Nivalis
54 pages are simply too short to make this book a satisfying read. There's hardly anything happening that could be tagged "story"; it's really just too many characters meeting up to celebrate Christmas together. I feel like (view spoiler)

On the bright side, there was more Gabe/...more
  • Miracle of the Bellskis (Bellskis, #2)
  • Winter Warmers
  • Christmas with Danny Fit
  • Beautiful Harmony (Conquest, #5.5)
  • Personal Shopper
  • Fanning the Flames (The Match Before Christmas, #2)
  • Icecapade
  • Every Time A Bell Rings (Wonderful Life #1)
  • Something to Believe In
  • Where the Heart Is
  • Twelve Days (A Note in the Margin, #2)
  • A Picture Perfect Holiday
  • What Can Be
  • A Wealth of Unsaid Words
  • Too Much Christmas Spirit
  • Games Boys Play
  • The Statue
Welcome to Ethan Day's Goodreads Profile. I write mainly contemporary GLBT Romance Novels, but who knows what the future might bring and what other genres I may dive into.

Hopefully, you’ll find my books to be sexy as well as fun. Sex and romance, should be fun! If it isn’t, then perhaps you’re not doing it right.

I hope you love my characters as much as I do. With any luck they’ll inspire you the...more
More about Ethan Day...
Sno Ho (Sno Ho, #1) As You Are Life in Fusion (Sno Ho, #2) At Piper's Point Anything for You (A Middleton Romance #1)

“I felt my muscles tensing as my body readied itself to flight—not fight—from whatever critter was about to spring free from beneath the branches and attack. I’d long since realized I was the type who’d always run. I’d grown up having a mother who’d continuously informed me there was no shame in living to flee another day.” 2 likes