Start by marking “Fallen in Love (Fallen, #3.5)” as Want to Read:
Fallen in Love (Fallen, #3.5)

Fallen in Love (Fallen #3.5)

3.77  ·  Rating Details  ·  30,627 Ratings  ·  1,548 Reviews
Unexpected. Unrequited. Forbidden. Eternal. Everyone has their own love story.

And in a twist of fate, four extraordinary love stories intersect over the course of a romantic Valentine's Day in medieval England. Miles and Shelby find love where they least expect it. Roland learns a painful lesson about finding and losing love. Arianne pays the price for a love so fierce it
Kindle Edition
Published (first published 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Fallen in Love, please sign up.

Katerina No, technically, you do not need to read any of the Fallen books in order to read the book Unforgiven cause this story is about Cam and not Daniel and…moreNo, technically, you do not need to read any of the Fallen books in order to read the book Unforgiven cause this story is about Cam and not Daniel and Luce. Fallen in Love is based on Arriane, and so you don't really need to read it. The Fallen series are really good, most of the people judge on the first book which is quite stereotypical but the second, third and fourth book is really good, so if you really want a plot twist and an interesting story line you must keep reading. I hope this helps :)(less)
Insurgent by Veronica RothCity of Lost Souls by Cassandra ClareFinale by Becca FitzpatrickThe Golden Lily by Richelle MeadPandemonium by Lauren Oliver
Most Anticipated reads for 2012
129th out of 470 books — 810 voters
City of Bones by Cassandra ClareHush, Hush by Becca FitzpatrickFallen by Lauren KateCity of Ashes by Cassandra ClareCity of Glass by Cassandra Clare
Nephilim
252nd out of 267 books — 464 voters

More lists with this book...

Cait
Jul 01, 2012 Cait rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Post-review: I feel like, after reading almost all of this series, now, including the in-between book that I was in no way obligated to read, I am allowed to write a letter. I feel as if we have grown......so much closer over this series. So much closer.....:

My dearest Lauren Kate; my honey-bun, my up-and-downer; my peach,

I regret to inform you that your writing has gone all-out bipolar on us all, and this book is prime evidence of that fact. Passion was the worst book of this series to dat
Steph Sinclair
Feb 04, 2013 Steph Sinclair marked it as unlikely  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: angels
This book is about the only Valentine's day that Luce and Daniel ever had together.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

How romantic and heartbreaking is that?

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

hayden
Mar 11, 2012 hayden rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
(scroll for review)

They REALLY need to stop screwing with Fernanda's art!!!

Wow. What a complete waste of paper.

The last time I checked, a "novel" was more than two-hundred measly pages of huge text and lots of chapter breaks. Calling this tiny thing a "novel" is ridiculous, as is pricing it at $15.99. Luckily, I got it on sale at Target, so it wasn't too expensive, but I totally want my money back after reading it.

Also, the last time I checked, a novel in a series was supposed to advance the ov
Saniya
Nov 26, 2011 Saniya marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Fallen in love?
Fallen 3.5?
Is this a very nasty joke?
*looks at the reviews* O_O Shit.
Awesome. Just freaking awesome. Now I got to read this '3.5' book too.
God! is this just me who wants to just finish this fucking series already so I could know the end due to my big mistake of even starting reading this series? I seriously want to finish and get over with this.
Anyway, pretty cover. -.-
Haleema
Feb 21, 2012 Haleema rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Hmmm. How about... no.
description

Okay. So maybe I knew what I was getting myself into. Just maybe. But I still gave it a try. I was sane enough to. But boy. Boy, oh, boy. The first story was incredibly idiotic. Miles and Shelby are nincompoops.

NIN
COM
POOPS.

I don't know why I just did that. Anyway, Shelby is so annoying. Miles is such a wuss. All they talked about was Luce and Daniel. And it just amazes me how those two tolerate each other. I mean, I have to be pretty insane to not want to beat the crap out of them.

Pretty. Insan
Kiriaki Sandy
To all of you people out there,
there is one thing I don't quite understand; if you have already read the other books in the series, and didn't like them, why do you really have to go and search about this book? And then, why do you have to "review" it, since it hasn't even been published yet? Even if you have no other interest in your life other than being all mean to authors and books, I suggest you keep it to yourself. You can write in your diary.

(Okay, the tagline was a bit lame indeed, but
Donna {Book Passion for Life}
Fallen in Love is a novel which tells the tales of Miles, Shelby, Roland, Arriane, Luce and Daniel finding love on Valentine’s Day in Medieval England. With four different stories and each one completely different from the other, it was nice to see them all come together at the end to help Daniel and Luce have their perfect Valentine’s day. I did enjoy the single stories, some more than others but I don’t think it’s something you have to read in order to continue with the series. So read it or d ...more
Kirsten
Feb 10, 2012 Kirsten rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: People who like romance :)
Malissa
Feb 13, 2012 Malissa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
There isn't much to say, except I thought it was lovely and I can't wait for Rapture. Especially after reading the excerpt...and I have to say..Oh Cam, I adore you...This HAS to be one of the best quotes ever!!!!

"Yeah about that, How is it Possible?" Shelby said. "You'd think that kind of thing would leave an impression on the old memorizer."

"Cam's face reddened." ""You try falling for nine days through multiple dimensions and trillions of miles, landing on your face, breaking your wings, rollin
Siobhan Davis
This was an enjoyable enough read but it does nothing to move the plot along with the series and appears to be a pure filler to fill the gap until the final book was released. I read it primarily for Daniel and Luce's story but it fell short of the mark for me, could have been more romantic.
Heather-Jane
A-MA-ZING!

*Spoilers from now on!!*

'Love where you least expect it'
(The valentine of Miles and Shelby) :

This story follows Miles and Shelby as they step out of an announcer and into Medieval times, or more specifically, into the middle of a Valentine's faire!

I really enjoyed this as it gave more depth into the two's relationship and saw it develop more without any distractions/life-changing missions.

'Love Lessons'
(The valentine of Roland)

This one was heart-felt and beautifully written as it also
Mary ♥
4 stars

Miles and Shelby: 4/5 stars

I really liked the story but it was not like...something to wow me, it was quick and funny.

Roland: 5/5 stars

Roland is my fave<3 I never expected him to have such a story. It was really painful and proved that he is not heartless

Arianne: 5/5 stars

Even more heartbreaking. OH MY GOD. Arianne's story was my favorite because it was so cute and sad and a million other things

Luce: 3/5 stars

This one wasn't the best. To be honest, I loved how cute it was but not much
Amy Lignor
Feb 04, 2012 Amy Lignor rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
True Love Never Says Goodbye… Except for the reader, who reads these books with such intensity and passion that they almost want to strangle the publisher for having the nerve to offer an excerpt to the final Fallen book that they won’t be able to get their hands on for a few more months.

The Fallen series has become one of the largest and most well-known when it comes to the “winged ones” of the world, and Lauren Kate has managed to captivate and enchant all of her fans. Having this new novel t
Maxi ̖́-
Nov 17, 2014 Maxi ̖́- rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014
*3.5 stars*

Perché quasi quattro stelle se l'intera serie mi ha fatto quasi pena? Perché questa raccolta di brevi storie é forse meglio dei primi tre libri tutti insieme.

Tralasciando lo stile di LK che non mi ha mai fatta impazzire l'idea che sta alla base delle prime tre novelle/racconti brevi é buona. La mia preferita é quella di Arianne mentre, nemmeno a farlo apposta, quella di Lucinda e Daniel l'ho trovata banalissima. Come se fosse sempre la stessa cosa ripetuta all'infinito.
Leesya Nazman
Nov 14, 2015 Leesya Nazman rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
FEELS, FEELS ARE SCATTERING EVERYWHERE.

"And in that moment under the stars, a simple understanding passed among the four. Sometimes love needed a lift from its guardian angels, to get its feet off the ground. But once it made its first early beats toward flight, it had to be trusted to take wing on its own and soar past the highest conceivable heights, into the heavens,and beyond."
Ask
Feb 16, 2016 Ask rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
I really love Miles and Shelby parts. They are the cutest and the sweetest story in this book!

(**)
Tanja (Tanychy) St. Delphi
I have no clue how to rate this half-books! Seriously this is published as a book, oh Dear Lord! I'll just say it surely isn't as good as first two (unfortunately) but it's a bit (but really little) better than third one (it's shorter thought)!

I wanted to jump out of my skin when I read "announcer", oh yes I still have nightmares after Passion. Luckily it's only mentioned few times, so I survived.
Basically here you have stories about Valentine's Day (now how sweet is that?). It's good because
Taneika
Jan 16, 2012 Taneika rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc-or-galley
More of my reviews can be found at Flipping Through the Pages!

*drools over cover*

I've done a mini review for each story :)

Love Where You Least Expect It: The Valentine of Shelby and Miles
Rating: 1 star

Alrighty, first things first, I don't care about Shelby and Miles at all. Throughout the series so far, I think their both rather flat and boring. Miles sounds like every other guy with no personality and Shelby sounds like every other chick with no personality.

I don't think I have to explain thes
Jan 27, 2012 Jennifer rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
When Fallen debuted in December 2009, I fell in love with it. It was different than a lot of other YA novels out there at the time , which made it pretty refreshing to read. When Lauren Kate came out with the third installment in the Fallen series I was just as excited to read it as I was the other two, but my excitement quickly diminished-it seemed I was no longer interested in Luce and Daniel’s story anymore. I tried and could not finish the third in the series. With Fallen in Love, I thought ...more
Meli
Nov 10, 2012 Meli rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Photobucket

La eternidad y un día es un spin-off de la saga Oscuros, que narra el único San Valentín que Luce y Daniel van a pasar juntos.
A pesar de que no leí la saga, me largué a leerlo porque tenía entendido que era una especie de antología de cuentos románticos. Bien, no. Es una novela corta, que si bien tiene conexión con la trama de la saga, no acontecen cosas que alteren los hechos, que tengan relevancia en la historia principal.

Se puede leer tranquilamente sin haber leído previamente los tres prime
!Aria!
Jun 14, 2016 !Aria! rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This little story was cute, but kind of unnecessary. I loved shelby and miles' story and the other stories were okay. Overall I found that shelby and miles' story could've just been added into book 3 or 4 somewhere or not mentioned at all. The book was a simple and quick read, so it was okay to read for fun.
Rebecca Jane
I don't know if it was this book or just the sudden urge to read but I read this book really quickly. Shelby and Miles' story was pretty cute, although I thought the end was a bit mushy. Roland's story was sad and had a bittersweet ending but I enjoyed reading his story. Arriane's story was quite sad and the most surprising, although I don't know why.
And then we come to Luce and Daniel...Honestly it was pretty good but I couldn't help but feel like it wasn't needed, despite it making all the oth
ade_reads
Di halaman 157, si cantik malaikat Arriane menyadarkan pembaca, (aku khususnya) bahwa : "... setiap jiwa harus merasa puas dengan diri sendiri sebelum berani jatuh cinta (menjadi pribadi yang kuat untuk siap diabaikan dan juga siap kehilangan) karena kita tidak akan pernah tahu kapan seseorang yang kita cintai (entah itu, saudara, orang tua, keluarga, pasangan, sahabat atau teman) memutuskan untuk melepaskan (pada bagian iniii aku berpikir, termasuk terpisah karena kematian (?)) diri dari cinta ...more
Amanda Minnock
Ummm.... I actually don't know what to write? I don't understand why she even wrote this "book"?? Is it even long enough to class as a novel? no it isn't... Money money money *FACE PALM*

I have read the rest of the books and only have Unforgiven here left to read, is it just me that is glad to be at the end of this series? Don't get me wrong I liked Rapture it actually had a plot and I didn't want to rip my eyes from my head but I don't see why she had to try and slip Fallen in Love in there, pre
Mindy
Mar 17, 2012 Mindy rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Dumb.
mary
Jun 30, 2013 mary rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Συνήθως για κάποιο λόγο αυτά τα επιπλέον βιβλία με ιστορίες έξω από την κανονική ροή των γεγονότων μιας σειράς δεν μου πολυαρέσουν,τα βρίσκω βαρετά.Θεωρώ μάλιστα ότι οι συγγραφείς τα βγάζουν πολλές φορές μόνο και μόνο για κερδοσκοπικούς σκοπούς.Δυστυχώς το συγκεκριμένο βιβλίο δεν αποτελεί εξαίρεση αφού για μένα ακόμη και σε αυτό που στόχευε δεν κατάφερε να ανταποκριθεί πλήρως.
Το συγκεκριμένο βιβλίο διαπραγματεύονταν τέσσερις διαφορετικές ιστορίες για τον έρωτα με επίκεντρο τους βασικούς πρωταγ
Insanity.
Mar 31, 2016 Insanity. rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Well, I actually liked this book much more than the second one but in comparison to the third it's not that emotional and amazing, so am gonna rate her with 4/5 stars.
Jess (Gone with the Words)
Meh. It didn't add anything to the main story line.
Arda
Jan 18, 2016 Arda rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Un salto nel passato!!
Ho letto pochissime saghe, ma quella di Fallen è una di quelle che ho più amato!!
Ammetto che dopo un po' mi aveva stufato Luce, ma alla fine non era proprio così insopportabile ahaha
In ogni caso, questo breve romanzo formato da quattro racconti (che però sono collegati tra loro) si svolge nel Medioevo, direi tra il terzo e il quarto libro della saga. Non voglio dire molto per evitare troppi spoiler, anche per chi la saga non l'abbia letta!!
Essenzialmente sono quattro raccon
Louisa
Mar 05, 2015 Louisa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: re-reads
So very fantastic, loved these stories of love, whether is's starting, ending, hard times or easy times, and now to read Rapture!

*First read July 8th 2012*
Lots of great short stories of romance, some sad, some not, but all of them great, and the excerpt from Rapture was amazing! Can't wait for my library copy of it to come in!
Shelby and Miles..thoughts?? 14 74 May 11, 2016 12:09PM
Spoilers: Afterwa...: Fallen In Love 1 2 Mar 27, 2016 12:24AM
YA lovers <3: Fallen in love 2 7 Oct 07, 2014 09:45PM
Do you have to read this before rapture? 5 23 Jun 05, 2014 08:20AM
Is Arriane a lesbian? 17 255 Nov 20, 2013 03:24PM
Fun Reads & RoleP...: Fallen in Love 1 3 Apr 03, 2013 08:00PM
love stories 1 10 Sep 19, 2012 02:34PM
  • Balthazar (Evernight, #5)
  • Heaven (Halo, #3)
  • Speed of Light (Fenestra, #3)
  • Lost Scene from Hallowed (Unearthly, #2.1)
  • Never to Sleep (Soul Screamers, #5.5)
  • Dreaming Awake (Falling Under, #2)
  • Angel Fever (Angel, #3)
  • Lenobia's Vow (House of Night Novellas, #2)
  • Fury (Mercy, #4)
  • Diabolical (Tantalize, #4)
  • Gates of Paradise (Blue Bloods, #7)
  • Everlasting (Kissed by an Angel, #5)
  • Echo (Soul Seekers, #2)
  • Retro Demonology (The Demon Trappers, #0.5)
  • End of Days (The Fallen, #3)
  • Blood-Kissed Sky (Darkness Before Dawn Trilogy, #2)
  • The Savage Grace (The Dark Divine, #3)
  • Magic of the Moonlight (Full Moon, #2)
Lauren Kate grew up in Dallas, went to school in Atlanta, and started writing in New York.
She is the author of Fallen and The Betrayal of Natalie Hargrove. She lives in Laurel Canyon with her husband and hopes to work in a restaurant kitchen, get a dog, and learn how to surf.
She is currently at work on the sequel to Fallen.
More about Lauren Kate...

Fallen (5 books)
  • Fallen (Fallen, #1)
  • Torment (Fallen, #2)
  • Passion (Fallen, #3)
  • Rapture (Fallen, #4)
  • Unforgiven (Fallen, #5)

“Sometimes love was not about winning, but about wise sacrifice and the realiability of friends like Arianne. Friendship, Roland realized, was its very own kind of love.” 42 likes
“When one lover suffered from a broken heart, no matter how badly the other wanted to help, she couldn't be the one to heal it.” 36 likes