Start by marking “Judge Sn Goes Golfing” as Want to Read:
Judge Sn Goes Golfing

Judge Sn Goes Golfing (The Android's Dream Short Story)

3.83 of 5 stars 3.83  ·  rating details  ·  409 ratings  ·  20 reviews
John Scalzi visits the universe of his bestselling novel The Android's Dream for this exclusive short story, featuring fan favorite character Judge Nugan Bufan Sn -- a brilliant alien jurist whose misanthropy and lack of social graces is matched only by his futile, unrequited for the game of golf. When he hits the links at the abysmal Dulles Woods golf course, the unexpect ...more
Published (first published December 31st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Judge Sn Goes Golfing, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Judge Sn Goes Golfing

Dan Schwent
Judge Sn, alien jurist posted on Earth, is banned from every golf course around Washington DC except the worst one ever constructed, Dulles Woods. He's having a life-changing golf game when the shooting starts...

I received this novella I've never heard of as part of the 2012 Subterranean Press grab bag. It was good for a chuckle.

With art by Gahan Wilson, Judge Sn Goes Golfing is an odd little book. The judge recounts his life, mostly of how he's been banned from most golf courses east of the Mis
Abigail
I listened to this as an audio book today and the only reaction / review I can give is: WTF?!

Although I did enjoy the Monty Python reference of "It's just a flesh wound." But seriously, WTF was that?
Dustin
This one was weird.
Kaethe
With illustrations by Gahan Wilson. HA!
Cale
Another very silly short story about the transformative power of golf. Even for aliens. The climax is absurd to the extreme, but a very enjoyable quick read. The only knock against it was there wasn't enough Gahan Wilson artwork to the story - seeing his name as the illustrator was a nice bonus that unfortunately didn't pan out overall considering how limited the illustrations were.
Ryan Nims
I enjoyed the character of Judge Sn in his brief appearance in The Android's Dream, so it was a no-brainer for me to pick up this little short story about the grumpy alien judge. It's a quick read, and a fun little romp in the fairway!
Jon
Absolutely hilarious & a 20 minute read. The only thing "wrong" with the short story is that I had higher expectations for the Gahan Wilson illustrations. This could be a humorous surprise for a golf lover, but, as I understand it, there were only 1500 copies printed. It is available on Amazon, but I wonder how long they'll last....
L (Sniffly Kitty)
Amusing little short story. Although it's not quite long enough to develop everything to be loveable, it's still a fun read. I love having this collectible from Scalzi though.
Brad
Very funny short. I am fully reminded of the best of Douglas Adams, mixed with the best of our very jaded sensibilities. I really have to read The Android's Dream now.
Nicholas
A Scalzi short that Scalzi fans, especially those who liked The Androids Dream will enjoy.

I liked it, but it did read like a bit of writing exercise.
Tristan
A nice, amusing, short story.
Not enough substance to quite get four stars, but still a good read, and one I may read again if I want a quick laugh.
Jeremy Preacher
I am becoming increasingly addicted to Subterranean Press's habit of publishing fascinating shorts from my favorite authors.
Randy
humorous story set in the universe of The Android's Dream. Great illustrations throughout as well as cover art by Gahan Wilson.
Nicki
VERY funny, in a black humor sort of way. Reminded me of Grosse Pointe Blank for some obvious reasons.
Angie
Fun SF story, especially for a golfer, but the ending was a bit disappointing.
Shawn
A fun, 32 page short story set in the "Android's Dream" universe.
Rob Hermanowski
Amusing short story by the prolific John Scalzi.
Jesi
Absolutely adorable short story.
Chris
Subterranean Press One of 1500
Laurie  Ashton Farook
Laurie Ashton Farook marked it as to-read
Nov 24, 2014
Katherine
Katherine marked it as to-read
Nov 23, 2014
Ivan Padilla
Ivan Padilla marked it as to-read
Nov 14, 2014
  • Clash of the Geeks
  • Atomic Robo Volume 6: The Ghost of Station X (Atomic Robo, #6)
  • The Walk Up Nameless Ridge
  • METAtropolis: Cascadia
  • Consultation With a Vampire
  • Overtime (Laundry Files, #2.5)
  • All Seated on the Ground
  • Invincible, Vol. 12: Still Standing
  • The Churn: An Expanse Novella
  • The Apocalypse Ocean (Xenowealth #4)
  • The Fourth Wall (Dagmar, #3)
  • Robots Have No Tails
  • Space Vengeance (Scrapyard Ship)
  • Gods and Pawns
  • Federations
  • The Mammoth Book of Golden Age Science Fiction: Ten Classic Stories from the Birth of Modern Science Fiction Writing
  • Shoggoths in Bloom and other stories
  • Far From Home: The Complete Series (Far From Home 1-12)
John Scalzi, having declared his absolute boredom with biographies, disappeared in a puff of glitter and lilac scent.

(If you want to contact John, using the mail function here is a really bad way to do it. Go to his site and use the contact information you find there.)
More about John Scalzi...
Old Man's War (Old Man's War, #1) Redshirts The Ghost Brigades (Old Man's War, #2) The Last Colony (Old Man's War #3) Fuzzy Nation