Start by marking “City of Foxes” as Want to Read:
City of Foxes

City of Foxes

3.65  ·  Rating Details  ·  34 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
Originally released in "Wild Passions" Anthology (June 2011)

The last thing Jake Sullivan wanted to do upon returning to the city was get involved in the ongoing struggle between the organized militia and the fox people. After saving a fox child from bullies, however, he finds himself in the heart of the foxes' slums, where showing his face as a human can be just as dangero
Published December 2nd 2011 by Storm Moon Press (first published November 30th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about City of Foxes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about City of Foxes

Counterpoint by Rachel HaimowitzHeaven by Jet MyklesChange of Heart by Mary CalmesDrawn Together by Z.A. MaxfieldCethe by Becca  Abbott
Best Gay Drawn Erotic Book Covers
121st out of 355 books — 280 voters
Among the Living by Jordan Castillo PriceWithout Reservations by J.L. LangleyCamp Hell by Jordan Castillo PriceWith Caution by J.L. LangleyChange of Heart by Mary Calmes
Best Gay Paranormals
377th out of 856 books — 670 voters

More lists with this book...

Tam
Jan 12, 2012 Tam rated it really liked it
This review can be found at Brief Encounters Reviews.

This interesting fantasy short hit almost all the right buttons for me. I was sucked in immediately to the world, the descriptions of the grimy “futuristic” city, built on crumbling ruins, with pollution and crime. Immediately our reluctant hero has to rescue a young fox child. He doesn’t want to get involved, he just wants to keep his head down, but … When you’re a nice guy at heart, what can you do? From there the chase is on, he’s rescued b
Ami
Dec 04, 2011 Ami rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm-short-stories
This story is part of the Wild Passions anthology released in June. I missed that one -- but I'm also not a huge fan of anthology, and always wish they are released separately on later date, so I can buy titles from authors I like. This one, I like ...

The story revolves in a dystopian society, where humanoid animals are fighting against militia for their freedom. Jake is a human with power and returns to the unnamed city after 8 years. When he is injured after saving a fox-child from three mili
Eve
Dec 04, 2013 Eve rated it it was amazing
Approx. 14,000 words. I often feel that some writers who write short stories do so in a sort of perfunctory way, maybe written on commission for anthologies or mainly to sell their longer books. Then there are those writers like Cornelia Grey who seem to do their best work with short fiction, and whose short stories pack a lot of punch.

This is short. It's got substance. And it’s satisfying.

Of course, I don't think she's written a long book yet, and it may turn out even better than the stories,
ManOhMan
Feb 27, 2012 ManOhMan rated it liked it
Shelves: reviewed
Reviewed by Joe: I love foxes and I love fantasy stories like this. This is a very enjoyable story that will make readers salivating for more. That was my biggest complaint, the story felt incomplete and left me wanting so much more. When I finished I felt like I had just read the first chapter of a longer work. I wanted more. I wanted to know what happened after. I can only hope that Ms. Grey will continue to tell stories of the vibrant world she has created.

The story is brilliantly written, M
Rachel
Jun 22, 2012 Rachel rated it really liked it
Part of the Wild Passions anthology.

Really liked this one...interesting world building and characters. Would love to read more!
Jessie Potts
Dec 05, 2011 Jessie Potts rated it liked it
Very interesting concept, but it was too short. (yes yes I know it was originally a part of an anthology) I just felt the concept could have been drawn out more. Hopefully this author has more fox books in the future.

Jake is an ex-militia running from his past when he sees three men hurting and beating on a young fox boy, from there his world shifts as he starts living in the fox's community.

I just felt like I wanted to know more about the 'city'and where the fox people came from. Why does the m
Sandra
Apr 08, 2012 Sandra marked it as to-read
$2.49 on Nook, 26 pages. Part of the Wild Passions anthology, $6.99 on Nook
Misty

** 3.5 Stars **

Brilliant work but way too short !!!!
Elske
Jun 04, 2013 Elske rated it liked it
Shelves: ebook, m-m
3stars
A delightful read, loved the author's ability to twine this new world and character build in a short novella.
Shinyfox
Nov 21, 2012 Shinyfox rated it liked it
A cute story. The characters show the ability to grow if this series was ever expanded on.
Ravyn
interesting premise and characters, but too short in length and too lacking on details
Adrianamae, Marco's fan
Apr 06, 2012 Adrianamae, Marco's fan rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
3.5
Sammyd
Sammyd marked it as to-read
Sep 21, 2015
Rita-Teodora
Rita-Teodora marked it as to-read
Sep 18, 2015
Artemis147
Artemis147 rated it liked it
Aug 31, 2015
Lavinia
Lavinia marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2015
Driima
Driima marked it as to-read
May 16, 2015
Blackheart
Blackheart marked it as to-read
Jan 18, 2015
Ebosu
Ebosu rated it really liked it
Nov 25, 2014
Hanna Meinikheim
Hanna Meinikheim rated it liked it
Nov 24, 2014
Sara
Sara rated it liked it
Nov 20, 2014
Lyrabela
Lyrabela marked it as to-read
Oct 14, 2014
احمد حسن
احمد حسن marked it as to-read
Oct 07, 2014
Kathleen
Kathleen rated it liked it
Sep 17, 2014
Albertcamus
Albertcamus rated it really liked it
Nov 02, 2014
Bucletina
Bucletina marked it as to-read
Jan 31, 2014
Jax
Jax marked it as to-read
Jan 19, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
Cornelia Grey is a creative writing student fresh out of university, with a penchant for fine arts and the blues. Born and raised in the hills of Northern Italy, where she collected her share of poetry and narrative prizes, she is now based in London, and she is thoroughly enjoying the cultural melting pot that is the City.

Her interests vary from painting to photography, from sewing to acting; whe
More about Cornelia Grey...