Start by marking “Princess Mia (The Princess Diaries, #9)” as Want to Read:
Princess Mia (The Princess Diaries, #9)

Princess Mia (The Princess Diaries #9)

3.82  ·  Rating Details ·  19,229 Ratings  ·  609 Reviews

A Princess on her own . . .

Mia has been invited to speak at a gala for Domina Rei, an elite society of powerful businesswomen. But what could she possibly have to say? Michael has broken up with her, her bff Lilly won't speak to her, and her parents are forcing her to see a therapist. Even J.P.'s efforts to cheer Mia up (he's being really sweet!) aren't helping.

Just

Published January 1st 2008 by HarperTeen (first published January 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Princess Mia, please sign up.

Starrisa Hi! I'm guessing you're wondering if you can read books here using Goodreads? Unfortunately, no, Goodreads is for reviews and there is a site here…moreHi! I'm guessing you're wondering if you can read books here using Goodreads? Unfortunately, no, Goodreads is for reviews and there is a site here that allows people to put up unpublished stories. For published works like this book, you may want to purchase online (like on Amazon?), at a bookstore or maybe borrow from the library? Hope this helps! :D(less)

Jessica (priceiswong)
Jun 11, 2015 Jessica (priceiswong) rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
So glad this little lull is over and these books are back to being awesome! Just ONE book stands between me and A Royal Wedding!! I'm hoping to finish both this week!
April (Aprilius Maximus)
May 17, 2015 April (Aprilius Maximus) rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015
OMG!!!!!!!!!!
Chelsea (chelseadolling reads)
Shout out to Mia for FINALLY making positive decisions that don't just center around herself. Can't wait to for her to finally pull her head out of her ass. ALSO OMG ONLY ONE BOOK LEFT UNTIL I CAN READ THE ROYAL WEDDING SQUEEEEEEEE
Erin
Hmmm.

This book was fighting a losing battle against itself.

What do I mean by that? I guess... just that parts of it were great; other parts made me want to barf. Which, for me, makes it a typical Meg Cabot experience. I feel like we're destined to not click, Meg and I.

The Great
Maybe it's just that I've read so many of Mia's diaries, but these characters are starting to find a place in my heart. Especially Tina and Boris. Bless their hearts. (Lilly, too, is starting to feel like a real person...
Shannon (leaninglights)
More princess stuff! YES. I really enjoyed this one and got choked up a few times as well. Very interested to see where the story is headed. On to book ten!
Melissa Veras
Jul 09, 2016 Melissa Veras rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So. Good.

Not sure if I'm on board with the 'bomb' Mia throw at the end.
Katie
Ooh, look, I have a review for this one! This is a strong book in the series. Mia really grows up here and starts taking more responsibility for her actions. And I liked her realizing that she SHOULDN'T write Michael, begging himto take her back.

I love the way her friends (I'm not including Lilly in that) are so supportive of her. I love the scene (view spoiler)
Jessie
Feb 02, 2008 Jessie rated it it was ok
Okay, I have to say it was not her best. My favorite part was when Michael finally emailed her. I have to say that I really just didn't like how she agreed with Michael about breaking up. I expected him to come back, or take her abck, in this book. I have to say it was a let down for me. I hope Michael comes back, I liked him.
Melissa
Oct 25, 2016 Melissa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2016
*3.5 stars*

So close to finishing the main series and reading Royal Wedding! So excited! Mia is finally growing up and I just love her.
Abby
May 06, 2013 Abby rated it it was amazing
Shelves: i-own-it, summer-2013
This is the first book in this series that I felt I could make a full-sized review on and that's because I think this one was my favorite so far.

Characters:
Mia: I finally fully loved Mia's character in a book. I think she changed and grew a lot from the last book and she's finally realizing things that need to be realized. I almost think she's more relatable now that she's gone through her transformation. Her breakdown was believable and consistent with her character through the series.
Nikita the bookworm
Jul 27, 2016 Nikita the bookworm rated it liked it
Shelves: 2016
Perfect piece of fluff!
Muse-ic
Jun 22, 2015 Muse-ic rated it really liked it
Salma
First of all, I can't believe I just read this one.

To be fair, I didn't plan to do it . Read it I mean. On account of Mia's reasons, no offence but were completely stupid and irrational. I mean who does that ! Seriously. Anyway, Lily and J.P were so totally annoying.

Overall, 3 stars.
Sarah Actually
Jul 30, 2015 Sarah Actually rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2015
Mia kicks ass in this one.
MJ
Jan 29, 2015 MJ rated it it was amazing
To see full binge review click here.

This was a really well book except…

Mia’s not clinically depressed.

I’m sorry.

She was only in her pajamas for a week.

Try living with someone who is clinically depressed and then try saying Mia is depressed.

Um, no.

That’s from my own personal experience though. Maybe if I hadn’t grown up with someone who suffered from depression, I wouldn’t have mind Dr. Knutz evaluation so much.

And Mia’s parents, you really didn’t need to send her to a shrink. My parents would’ve
Brandy
Jul 18, 2008 Brandy rated it it was ok
There are some books I read where I wrestle with my conscience: to list it on GoodReads, or not? And so far I've always come down on the side of listing them all, even though they may not all be books I want to cop to reading. I'm listing this one and not putting it in my update feed. Maybe it'll sneak under my Smart Friends' radars, because I read this and I feel a deep shame for that fact.

Somehow I've managed to avoid the Clique/Gossip Girl/A-List types, but this series has sucked me in and wo
hpboy13
Sep 24, 2011 hpboy13 rated it really liked it
Shelves: best-of-ya
Picking up right where #8 left off, this book shows Mia growing up and realizing who her true friends are. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

ETA 7 years later: Princess Mia continues the rejuvenation of the series that began in PD #8, building on its strengths to tell a compelling story while maintaining the series’ signature humor. Cabot does a great job showing Mia’s descent into depression, as well as her recovery. She also FINALLY addresses the fact that Lilly is pretty much the worst friend of all ti
Sara Saif
May 07, 2016 Sara Saif rated it really liked it
Shelves: its-a-tie
It was better than expected and I had a pretty decent time reading it. I am beginning to hope that maybe, just maybe Mia will grow up after all. There were some major developments. Lana Weinberger finally came over her animosity towards Mia. That was a major step forward. And Mia finally grew in places she frequently whined about in like, the first 5 books (THANK GOD for that). Mia's depression over her breakup with Michael and her emotional state was something I was intrigued by. I didn't feel ...more
Rachel Brand
When I started to read this book I was worried that it was going to be another pathetic story full of whining and moaning from Mia, much like books 4 - 7, but thankfully Mia's depressive period didn't last for too long. There were some things which I liked about this book: the absence of Michael, who I always thought was unsuited for Mia; the absence of Lilly, who Mia should learn to stand up to; the story about the diary of Mia's ancestor, which was quite interesting; the subplot about Kenny - ...more
Emma
Jun 27, 2008 Emma rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: um, no one.
Shelves: meg-cabot, romance
Emily
Aug 20, 2015 Emily rated it really liked it
I really, really enjoyed this one.

I think Mia has finally started to grow up. She's not perfect, of course, and she was still naively oblivious to J.P.'s feelings, but I think she'll be a lot more mature in the next book as a result of everything in this one.

I adored Tina. She was SO great to Mia and was completely adorable. It felt like we saw more of her and I'm so happy about that. I will NEVER forgive Lilly after this, though. No matter what Mia does or says, Lilly is forever on my bad side
Sophia Dell'Aquila
Sep 22, 2016 Sophia Dell'Aquila rated it really liked it
At first I was a little disappointed with this book and the obsessive nature it took with a certain relationship. As I continued reading, I realised that it was actually meant to be that way for a reason. It still annoyed me, but not as much when I found out why it had become to 'important'. A lot of things happened that I felt should have had more focus but they didn't. However, in the last few pages (I say this a LOT in my reviews for the books in this series), something happens that makes me ...more
Anisha
Jun 24, 2008 Anisha rated it it was ok
Krista
Jun 16, 2015 Krista rated it really liked it
Shelves: series, 2015, library
Slightly proud of Mia in this book but also half the time I was like MIA GO TALK TO LILLY/MICHAEL/TINA/J.P. Like she needed to but just won't (but I totally understand that and need to work on that as well.) It's nice to see Mia getting the help that she needs but everything seemed to be piling up too much for Mia. And yo Lilly, that's just so rude. Not really liking her. And so proud for Mia taking a stand at the end. Good job!
4/5
Melanie
Aug 20, 2008 Melanie rated it really liked it
A deliciously stark contrast to my life right now - all problems can be solved in 200 short pages and there's the obligatory happy ending. Ah, bliss. And oh, if only my life worked that way!
Alina
May 23, 2016 Alina rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-in-polish
Okay, this one wasn't as bad as the last few ones.
 Marla
Mia is still the sweet flake that she's always been except now she's pining over Michael. I can barely listen to her whining and I'm actually surprised that I do, but I could never get through reading this book. But the twists in the story of Mia's life is I guess what keeps me coming back to this series when I need a book for a challenge. In this instance, I needed the 9th book in a series.

Likes:
* Tina Hakim Baba ~ cheerful friend
* Prestigious Domina Rei Women's Society
(view spoiler)
Serenity
Oct 27, 2016 Serenity rated it liked it
Do you ever wonder what it's like to be a princess? Well let me tell you it's not always as fun as it seems. The genre of this book is realistic fiction. I kind of liked the book however it was kind of cliche. You know where someone goes through a heartbreak and they think it's the end of the world? I mean just cry a river, build a bridge and get over it. It's not that hard. Well apparently in this book it was VERY HARD for Mia. Trust me if you think that is cliche there is much, much, much mor ...more
Sabil.imanecasablancaamericanschool.com
« It’s just that it’s someone who’s dead for four hundred years. »(Cabot,262) Princess Mia written by the renowned author that won different series of awards, Meg Cabot. Mia Thermopolis growing up in a royal teenage life getting to know her life out in new york city after knowing she was the princess of genovia. The young lady’s life changes from living in a pint house down the corner of a small town to a big, magnificent house full of green space. She still didn’t figure her path in her new lif ...more
Rebecca A
Bravo Meg Cabot. Just Bravo. But, then again, it's not over until the fat lady sings or rather the final novel is written/read (which in the written aspect has happened). This is the ninth book in the ten book Princess Diaries series and boy does it deliver.

We are returned once again to our beloved female protagonist's head...err diary where we go on a journey once again with her. It's a journey of healing and standing up for what you believe in. Mia grows so much into her own in this book. She
Meg Cabot Fan Club: Princess Mia 1 5 Oct 31, 2013 02:14PM
Nothing But The Truth 6 27 Sep 29, 2012 03:22AM
Princes Diaries 4 35 Sep 07, 2012 05:45PM
  • Almost Alice (Alice, #20)
  • Spells & Sleeping Bags (Magic in Manhattan, #3)
  • Love Is a Many Trousered Thing (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson, #8)
  • Kitty Kitty (Bad Kitty, #2)
  • The Princess & the Pauper
  • Under the Rose (Secret Society Girl, #2)
  • Girl, Going on 17: Pants on Fire (Jess Jordan, #3)
  • Kiss the Bride
  • Tempted (It Girl, #6)
  • Stealing Princes

More about Meg Cabot...

The Princess Diaries (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • The Princess Diaries (The Princess Diaries, #1)
  • Princess in the Spotlight (The Princess Diaries, #2)
  • Princess in Love (The Princess Diaries, #3)
  • Princess in Waiting (The Princess Diaries, #4)
  • Princess in Pink (The Princess Diaries, #5)
  • Princess in Training (The Princess Diaries, #6)
  • Party Princess (The Princess Diaries, #7)
  • Princess on the Brink (The Princess Diaries, #8)
  • Forever Princess (The Princess Diaries, #10)
  • Royal Wedding (The Princess Diaries, #11)

“Michael has never cried during a Broadway show. Except in that scene where Tarzan's ape father is brutally murdered.

And that was only because he was laughing so hard.”
73 likes
“The first thing we did was change all the clocks so that her siblings thought it was bedtime, then put them to bed ignoring their plaintive protests that they were not tired. They wept themselves to sleep soon enough.” 12 likes