Blue Christmas (Moody Blue, #1)

Blue Christmas (Moody Blue #1)

3.9 of 5 stars 3.90  ·  rating details  ·  370 ratings  ·  63 reviews
Working late on Christmas Eve, college senior Hannah Brooks is in the midst of a full-blown pity party. When a last-minute customer brimming with holiday spirit invites her to a candlelight service and a late-night family dinner, Hannah reluctantly accepts. She has no idea this kindhearted woman is the mother of Jason McKenzie - leader singer of Out of the Blue, the hottes...more
Published September 26th 2011 by OBT Bookz

To ask other readers questions about Blue Christmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blue Christmas

The Hunger Games by Suzanne CollinsCatching Fire by Suzanne CollinsBlue Christmas by Diane MoodyMockingjay by Suzanne CollinsFull Circle by Rachel Roberts
Books that you must read now
3rd out of 112 books — 13 voters
The Master's Plan A Novel About Purpose by Stephany TullisForgetting My First Love by Derick Shawn FarrisShort-Straw Bride by Karen WitemeyerCrossing the Deep by Kelly   MartinLove's Reckoning by Laura Frantz
Newer Christian Fiction! 2011+
136th out of 432 books — 273 voters

More lists with this book...

Katie Watkins
Hannah Brooks is a college student working at a grocery store in Chapel Hill, NC. When a kind lady invites her to her home for Christmas Eve, Hannah is hesitant, but accepts and her whole world turns upside down. Little does she know, this woman is Jason MacKenzie's mom--a member of one of the hottest boy bands around!

I love the camaraderie the guys in the band have and the relationship they all share with Jason's parents. I love how accepting they are of Hannah and how they try to protect her...more
Cookintine
I never dreamed I would like this as much as I did! Very sweet and love how faith is woven into the story is such a gentle way.
Loraine
Summary: Working late on Christmas Eve, college senior Hannah Brooks is in the midst of a full-blown pity party. When a last-minute customer brimming with holiday spirit invites her to a candlelight service and a late-night family dinner, Hannah reluctantly accepts. She has no idea this kindhearted woman is the mother of Jason McKenzie - lead singer of Out of the Blue, the hottest band in the country - and Hannah's childhood idol. The evening ends with an innocent kiss (sans mistletoe) as Hannah...more
Barbara
This book starts on Christmas Eve. But that's where the similarity to Christmas ends. This is a great book to read any time of the year. Hanna is invited to the home of a kind lady customer from the store where Hanna works. After going to church with the kind lady, she then goes to her home for dinner. She wasn't even sure of the lady's name. Imagine Hanna's surprise when in walks the idol of her teen years. Thus starts the beginning of an adventure that has many ups and downs. While we are give...more
Kame
I don't know why I decided to read a Christmas story in March but I am glad I did.

Before you read the story make sure you read the preface from the author as to how this book came to be...

Hannah thinks her Christmas will be lonely she is stuck at her job thru the holidays since her boss had to leave town for a funeral. That is until her last customer of the night insists that Hannah attend church with her and her husband and come with them for dinner. Hannah doesn't even know this customer's nam...more
2012
I loved this sweet Christmas story. It was much better than I expected it to be. It is the story of a girl who finds herself in the company of a band that she loved as a teen. Full of memorable characters, strong faith, and (of course) romance.

The only things that I didn't love about this book were that there were a couple of mild curse words in this book, some rough language, and a few times where the guys took off their shirts. However, none of it was really embarrassing and some of it onl...more
Rebecca King
I loved that this book took a character from another book from another author and told us his story. It was well written and easy to read. I also love that a huge part of the characters life was based on his faith in God.
Kim Justice
Jul 19, 2013 Kim Justice rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Everyone
When first starting this book I was not to sure I would like it. Just a little different than I thought at first. Then once into the book I could not put it down.

I am not going to get into this one as some others. The synopsis kind of does a better job at that. But will say that I will be checking out more books by this author. She has a way with words that make you want to learn more about the story. I love the fact that author Diane Moody started this for her daughter then it became bigger t...more
Lesley
I loved this book. If it wasn't for the fact that we had company coming for dinner on the day I was reading it, I would have not been able to put it down.

I loved watching the unexpected relationship between Hannah and Jason grow and I loved watching her interact with her friends, Jason's parents and friends.

Every good love story needs angst, so it wasn't a surprise that something or someone would come between them, but I definitely kept hoping there would be a happily ever after right up until...more
Angie
Ok...I gotta say that I am so happy with this book. When I was going through the free books on my Nook the other day I thought it sounded pretty good so I downloaded it to read sometime down the road. Today, I happened to be bored with the book I was reading so I picked up my Nook and there was Blue Christmas. I said what the heck and started to read it. I didn't leave my Nook but for potty breaks! This book is so wonderful!! All the characters are great. The book is funny, and heart wrenching a...more
  ღ☆ღ  Brenda
A good teen/young adult read. Lovable characters with nice little twist to the "Band Groupies".
Jenny
A light read for Mother's day!
Nancy Goldberg
I love books that have music in them, and I enjoyed this book. Once I started reading, it was hard to step away from the computer. I liked all of the characters, and there were some unexpected plot twists. I got a little angry with Hannah when she told Laura to go away and leave her alone, after everything Laura did for her. And it bugged me that almost every character said "y'know," which I thought was just a Jason thing at first.

Despite those few problems, I enjoyed the book and look forward t...more
Kathryn
Rachel
This is a delightful book - be it read at Christmas or any other time.
It was very uplifting and left one feeling happy and content. Hannah found herself in a situation that a lot of fans would absolutely love.
In the home of the parents of her "idol" of years. It was so interesting to meet each member of the band. What I really liked was that Ms. Moody made it plain that these men were nothing more than that! They had their problems and troubles just as the rest of the world does. Absolutely grea...more
Jerry Newhouse
What a really great piece of "fan fiction". (Who knew there was such a category?) It just amazes me the way the author can interweave her different characters' responses all in the same scene without getting bogged down. The story always flowed. Not to mention that she made the female characters so real that there were times where I couldn't follow their conversations at all. I have the same problem with the real ones. How much more real can you get? Overall...great job, Diane. I will buy the re...more
Missy
Fan fiction at it's best. I have become a fan of Diane Moody after reading Confessions of a Prayer Slacker. This book is not at all the same, but I love this easy read. The book takes me back to when I was younger and had so many crushes on so many actors, singers, musicians etc... The days of daydreaming and saying what if. The intertwined thread of God in the middle is just too good to be true. Such innocent times (sigh).

Great book.
Kathy
I got this book as a free read on my Kindle. In spite of some big questions about parts of the plots, I loved it. I started reading it one afternoon and I read straight through til I finished it later on that evening. I am a middle school reading teacher and I know my girl students would love this book also. Great Christian message, but not in an intrusive manner. I think the author did a great job fleshing out all the characters.
Sarah Wright
I didn't realize that this book was a "Christian Fiction" book before I started reading it, but that's okay. I like "Christian Fiction".

This book was a short, but great read and although it is set during the Winter months/Christmas season and I'm reading it in May, I still liked it.

To me, it had an "After School Special" feel to it, but I still liked it and have already started reading book number two in this trilogy.
Angela
This started as a 1-star novel. The writing was weak at the beginning but improved as the novel went on. The author developed the characters well. Most of the plot wasn't too predictable or far-fetched. The main characters' relationship was believable. The story was fun and also taught some lessons. However.....

This might be better suited to a YA audience!! The main character reminded me of Justin Bieber ;)
Anna
A great book! I totally related to the main character in the story on meeting her favorite singing group. I loved how she showed the singers as just regular people, like people you come across every day. The only difference is that they are more widely known. I especially loved the ending. Usually I am disappointed at the ending of many books, but I couldn't have written a better ending to this book!
Deborah Neil
Blue Christmas by Diane Moody, kindle format, was an excellent contemporary and romantic Christmas read. There was very little to do with Christmas. I don't even think there were any bad words in the book. As intimate as it got was a little kissing. This had an excellent story. I really enjoyed this read. I gave it 5 stars. If you are looking for a great read, this is definetly it. @:)
Melody Cox
I adored this book. This is one of the best books I have read and I enjoyed it immensely. I could not put it down and finished it in one sitting. The characters were dynamite. Loved them all and wished I could have been there with them. Thank you Diane Moody.

I wish there was a sequel to this story or perhaps about the other band members.
Norma
Sep 25, 2012 Norma added it
I am enjoying it so far. I just finished a teacup novella by the same author called "Strike the Match". I liked it so well, I started this.

Loved it so well I purchased the second of the Blue Trilogy. I am almose finished with it. It is very inspirational and pleasant reading. Definitely has some devotional teaching moments in its dialog.
Loved this! I needed a lighter read after finishing catching fire and orphan train. This fit the bill perfectly. I fell in love with the characters! Although it was somewhat fairytale-ish, I thoroughly enjoyed and am starting the second in the series today!
Melanie
I loved this book. It was a quick read and got me into the Christmas spirit. I loved how the author brought the characters together. It just made you feel good after reading it that nothing is impossible and you never know who you are meeting and what kind of turn of events can take place.
I loved this book! It's the first time I've read a book by this author, but I'm impressed. I couldn't put the book down!
Mary Beth
Pretty good. I didn't notice this book was about a fictional "celebrity" when I read the blurb. I don't usually enjoy or chose those because I have absolutely no attraction to celebrities. I did enjoy the faith based approach. Not a bad book, just not my cup of tea.
Tom Park
While i thought this was a little young for an old codger, it did read nicely and had a steady pace that kept you reading. Not sure I fully understand all that went on given what we see about young bands in today's media, but it was acceptable and, I guess, probable.
Wanda
Diane Moody's 'Blue Christmas' is a beautiful book about faith, hope, and fun that I would recommend as the perfect romantic stocking stuffer. Well written by a woman whose life is faith and family centered, it excels at presenting both in a loving way.
  • Blame It On The Mistletoe (Bright's Pond #4)
  • Forever Christmas
  • Enchanted
  • The Christmas Bus
  • Finding Christmas: Stories of Startling Joy and Perfect Peace
  • One Imperfect Christmas
  • Gone to Green (Green #1)
  • Texas Roads (Miller's Creek #1)
  • Tomorrow's Sun (Lost Sanctuary #1)
  • The Christmas Star
  • It Really Is a Wonderful Life
  • Truffles By The Sea
  • Christmas at Pebble Creek (The Pebble Creek Amish)
  • The Christmas Quilt (Brides of Amish Country, #5)
Born in Texas and raised in Oklahoma, Diane Hale Moody is a graduate of Oklahoma State University. She lives with her husband Ken in the rolling hills just outside of Nashville. They are the proud parents of two grown and extraordinary children, Hannah and Ben.

Just after moving to Tennessee in 1999, Diane felt the tug of a long-neglected passion to write again. Since then, she's written a column f...more
More about Diane Moody...
Tea with Emma (The Teacup Novellas, #1) Of Windmills and War The Runaway Pastor's Wife Confessions of a Prayer Slacker Strike the Match (The Teacup Novellas, #2)