Start by marking “Gunship (Gunship, #1)” as Want to Read:
Gunship (Gunship, #1)

Gunship (Gunship #1)

A world where anything is possible. Vampires battle organized crime factions for control of the underground, while armies field regiments of both Mech and Orc warriors. Pirates rule the skies, watching Zombies decimate what remains of Humanity below.

And what story would be complete without love? True love. The kind of love that steals the heart of a ship's captain, and pla
Published by Serenity Valley (first published June 13th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Gunship, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Gunship

Mark Polino
Aug 24, 2012 Mark Polino rated it liked it
Shelves: fiction, 2012
I get the reviews from others that this is similar to Firefly. There is something the rogue captain's speech pattern combined with 20th century style weapons and similar pieces that are Fireflyesque.

I really wanted to like this book but it really, really needs a line editor. Probably a good content editor too but definitely a line editor. I kept running into missing letters at the end of words but no punctuation to indicate that the character was cutoff in mid-sentence. There were some misspell
J.L. Dobias
Jan 08, 2014 J.L. Dobias rated it liked it
Recommends it for: fans of firefly who want some light reading
Shelves: book-shelf-10
Gunship(Book 1)by John Davis

I think I download this while I was looking for steam-punk novels, this is not steam-punk. It's more like Firefly with caveat's galore. It might remind some people of Firefly and some people might actually enjoy it. But there are a lot of strange style choices and sense of some sort of rush that starts from page one and goes right through the thing.

The sense of rush itself could be good but in this case it's just damaging. With the style of writing and everything that
Cole Gach
Oct 09, 2014 Cole Gach rated it did not like it
I tried to like this book. I started out at three stars, but as the story progressed, it went
down to just one star. characters are ok, but need more development. the main character arrives at his
morals just too quickly.
the story line also developed too quickly. the book goes from a battle scene to a meeting
on planning a battle. you don't know how you got there. there is not anough story in between
to let the reader know how it happened. the reader does not know where it is taking
place.
let's talk
Charles Daniel
Feb 06, 2014 Charles Daniel rated it it was ok
I Wanted to Like This Book . . .

. . . but I didn't. There are quite a few flaws in this book, the most obvious being: Scene breaks/transitions--there are a few, but for the most part there aren't any; Poor editing, the book is riddled with instances of wrong word choices--I suspect from over reliance on spell checking programs, since the things I'm referring to are things like using "he" in place of "the," "hear" in place of "her" and "to" in place of "too"; the final glaring problem I'll mentio
Chad
May 29, 2015 Chad rated it liked it
Shelves: science-fiction
I enjoyed this book as a start to the Gunship series. Nothing fancy, just a simple science fiction story line. It is similar to the Firefly series, it was a quick easy read as like many books that are the start of a series there are many questions that have been left answered. The characters have not been fully developed yet either, but I assume that will comes through the remainder of the books in the series.
Stanley Marshall
Jan 20, 2017 Stanley Marshall rated it liked it
Ok book

Lots of action but not lots of thinking about what's and how on making things work. I enjoyed the book but was disappointed with the scientific aspects of the equipment used and some of the characters were just to kookie
GREGG  CORDELL
Oct 24, 2015 GREGG CORDELL rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: anyone
This was a good read and part of a series . From the way book 1 went I think the series is going to be good and you should
know that I give little to no information on books that are short just my opinion, and I think it was good.So give it a try , I think you will like it.
Joe Swan
May 16, 2015 Joe Swan rated it liked it
INTERESTING BUT NEED MORE

Enjoyed it more than the last series 1st book I read which proves that it takes more than one is enough. We'll see if the second book in the series will hook me.
Jay Dee Archer
May 10, 2012 Jay Dee Archer rated it liked it
It had good action and a simple, straightforward story. No surprises, so it was comfortable, in a way. Read my full review here:
william hannon
william hannon rated it really liked it
Jan 30, 2017
Ron Patterson
Ron Patterson rated it really liked it
Feb 04, 2016
Roland  Hagge
Roland Hagge rated it really liked it
Sep 03, 2014
Jackie Ray Walkup
Jackie Ray Walkup rated it really liked it
Jul 06, 2015
may kavanagh
may kavanagh rated it liked it
Dec 18, 2016
Joseph Schade
Joseph Schade rated it it was amazing
Apr 13, 2015
Jeanne Daley
Jeanne Daley rated it liked it
Sep 04, 2014
Michael Cowan
Michael Cowan rated it it was ok
Mar 13, 2014
Paul Pearce
Paul Pearce rated it liked it
Jan 20, 2014
Joy Crow
Joy Crow rated it really liked it
Oct 24, 2014
Debbie Potter
Debbie Potter rated it really liked it
Mar 23, 2016
Jesse Cowand
Jesse Cowand rated it it was amazing
Mar 02, 2017
John Davis
Dec 04, 2011 John Davis rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Helen
Helen rated it really liked it
Mar 07, 2015
Karen Siebeneich
Karen Siebeneich rated it really liked it
Apr 03, 2015
simon bullock
simon bullock rated it really liked it
Jan 21, 2017
John C. Haslett
John C. Haslett rated it it was amazing
Oct 07, 2014
Amanda
Amanda rated it really liked it
Feb 10, 2016
verlinr roy
verlinr roy rated it it was amazing
Oct 19, 2015
garybpeak
garybpeak rated it it was ok
Nov 05, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • The Mountain and The City, Part I
  • Death in the Shadows (In Darkness We Must Abide, #2)
  • Allon
  • Dead Earth: The Green Dawn
  • Hera (Elei's Chronicles, #0.5)
  • Eye of the Storm (Black Eagle Force, #1)
  • The Visitors: SEASON ONE (Episodes 1-5) (The shocking YA dystopian serial)
  • Yesterday's Gone: Episode 2 (Yesterday's Gone, #2)
  • Blood Rage (The Dream-Walker War, #1)
  • Surviving the Fog (Surviving the Fog #1)
  • The Butcher's Boy
  • Nobody's Fault
  • Dancing in the Dark
  • Island Ghosts
  • The Covert Academy (The Covert Academy #1)
  • Pirates (Nastragull #1)
  • S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Captives of the Zone (diary #1)
  • A Romantic Ghost Story
If you’re new to my work, I’m a full-time published author with over 25 pieces of work in print. My career began with the Gunship series and then vaulted with my best-seller, The Fleet.

I’m more than just an author. I’m happily married to the girl of my dreams (15 years and counting) and I’m the proud daddy of two spoiled kids. I enjoy reading, listening to good music, lifting weights and NHL hock
More about John Davis...

Gunship (5 books)
  • Glimmeria (Gunship #2)
  • Reflections (Gunship, #3)
  • Geartown (Gunship, #4)