Start by marking “Gunship (Gunship, #1)” as Want to Read:
Gunship (Gunship, #1)

Gunship (Gunship #1)

3.5 of 5 stars 3.50  ·  rating details  ·  62 ratings  ·  5 reviews
A world where anything is possible. Vampires battle organized crime factions for control of the underground, while armies field regiments of both Mech and Orc warriors. Pirates rule the skies, watching Zombies decimate what remains of Humanity below.

And what story would be complete without love? True love. The kind of love that steals the heart of a ship's captain, and pla
Published by Serenity Valley (first published June 13th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Gunship, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Gunship

Mark Polino
I get the reviews from others that this is similar to Firefly. There is something the rogue captain's speech pattern combined with 20th century style weapons and similar pieces that are Fireflyesque.

I really wanted to like this book but it really, really needs a line editor. Probably a good content editor too but definitely a line editor. I kept running into missing letters at the end of words but no punctuation to indicate that the character was cutoff in mid-sentence. There were some misspell
Cole Gach
I tried to like this book. I started out at three stars, but as the story progressed, it went
down to just one star. characters are ok, but need more development. the main character arrives at his
morals just too quickly.
the story line also developed too quickly. the book goes from a battle scene to a meeting
on planning a battle. you don't know how you got there. there is not anough story in between
to let the reader know how it happened. the reader does not know where it is taking
place.
let's talk
Charles Daniel
I Wanted to Like This Book . . .

. . . but I didn't. There are quite a few flaws in this book, the most obvious being: Scene breaks/transitions--there are a few, but for the most part there aren't any; Poor editing, the book is riddled with instances of wrong word choices--I suspect from over reliance on spell checking programs, since the things I'm referring to are things like using "he" in place of "the," "hear" in place of "her" and "to" in place of "too"; the final glaring problem I'll mentio
J.L. Dobias
Jan 08, 2014 J.L. Dobias rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: fans of firefly who want some light reading
Shelves: book-shelf-10
Gunship(Book 1)by John Davis

I think I download this while I was looking for steam-punk novels, this is not steam-punk. It's more like Firefly with caveat's galore. It might remind some people of Firefly and some people might actually enjoy it. But there are a lot of strange style choices and sense of some sort of rush that starts from page one and goes right through the thing.

The sense of rush itself could be good but in this case it's just damaging. With the style of writing and everything that
Jay Dee Archer
It had good action and a simple, straightforward story. No surprises, so it was comfortable, in a way. Read my full review here:
Katherine Newman
Katherine Newman marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2015
Pete Miller
Pete Miller marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2015
Harold Murray
Harold Murray is currently reading it
Dec 30, 2014
Sonja
Sonja marked it as to-read
Dec 17, 2014
Navi
Navi marked it as to-read
Nov 25, 2014
Hulltech
Hulltech marked it as to-read
Nov 14, 2014
Samantha Brown
Samantha Brown marked it as to-read
Nov 13, 2014
Hayleigh Marks
Hayleigh Marks marked it as to-read
Nov 10, 2014
Taylor
Taylor marked it as to-read
Nov 04, 2014
Brian
Brian marked it as to-read
Oct 22, 2014
crystal ruddock
crystal ruddock marked it as to-read
Oct 13, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Welcome to my world! I’m just a regular guy who is enjoying life, extremely happy and I also happen to write books for a living. I’m big on minimalism, fitness, classical music and self-focus. No internet, no distractions and all kinds of time to focus on what’s truly important in life.

I don’t write for money, prestige or any of the ridiculous reasons I’ve heard other writers give. I write for a l
More about John Davis...

Gunship (5 books)
  • Glimmeria (Gunship #2)
  • Reflections (Gunship, #3)
  • Geartown (Gunship, #4)
  • Roman (Gunship, #5)
Guardian Angel Glimmeria (Gunship #2) Reflections (Gunship, #3) Geartown (Gunship, #4) Gunship: Omnibus Edition