Start by marking “Granny Heist” as Want to Read:
Granny Heist

Granny Heist

3.25 of 5 stars 3.25  ·  rating details  ·  61 ratings  ·  21 reviews
Grandma Switzer was not your typical sweet old granny. Cold and remote, she’d been a hoarder who had collected and stored years of rotting garbage, old food and junk in her cramped house. As Lindsay Carter and her sister Shelley sorted through junk and treasures in their dead grandma’s house, they discovered far more than expected. From boxes piled to the ceiling to myster ...more
Published October 31st 2011 by Winsome Entertainment Group (first published September 15th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Granny Heist, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Granny Heist

Elaine Mayes
The author had an interesting idea for this book, but many things went awry. The book is poorly proofread - many errors of the your/you're type and many apostrophe errors. Writers really should have a basic command of the English language -- or should be willing to listen to those who do. The basic premise of the book was interesting. However the author decided to throw in several additional cases for the detective that added nothing to the story. Overall, I would recommend this book, but with r ...more
Lynn Demsky
Death,diamonds and deceit would set off a chain reaction of crime and murder two thousand miles away and clues to unsolved mysteries would bubble up from decades past for granddaughters cleaning out Granny's Estate. I thoroughly enjoyed this book! It was fun, entertaining, surprising and well written. Hard to believe that Granny could get away with what all she did and then just sat on it! GREAT read! Will read more by this author!
Emhenson
A little hard to follow at times. Too many storylines going on at once. Didn't really wrap it up neatly either. I enjoyed the story of the grandma. And all her shenanigans and piecing that all together.
VJ
The good news: this book tells a fantastic story of a hidden crime spree. The plot is done very well, in my opinion. There are twists and turns and it is very intriguing.

The bad news: it is poorly edited. I'm talking first or second draft edited. Wrong words, misspellings, horrible punctuation, and bad grammar and stilted sentences abound. If the story wasn't so good, I'd have given up long ago. Also, there are so many characters at one point, that even the author got them confused...she called
Ann
The story line was good but the book jumped from one thing to the next to much. One time they went by Betty next time they referred to the same person as Grandma. It was very hard to keep track of who they were talking about. The main lady was a detective and when she was on police business and when she was doing her own personal investigation on her grandma it was hard to follow. Through out the whole book I had to go back a few pages and try and figure out who they were talking about,
Misterg
An interesting idea, but joined by too many others. THere are a couple of common threads but too much is sidelined by the cases being worked on by the main character (a police officer).
Then the punctuation goes awry, along with a few spellings. Next we get similar names (Ray and Det. Raymond). At one time there even seems to be a confusion in the author's mind between Lori and Terri.

All that aside it is a good read and so I give it 3/5... but only just
Beren
Jul 02, 2012 Beren rated it 1 of 5 stars
Recommended to Beren by: Free book on Kindle
The story idea - Grandma is not the woman you thought she was all your life - is pretty awesome.

The execution was painfully poor. The writing is amateur, and the editing nearly non-existent. I downloaded it for free on my Kindle, and think I overpaid.

Sorry, Ms. Clark - you get an A for idea, and D-- for effort.
Petula
This is an interesting book, but a little disjointed. Lindsay and her sister are packing up their dead grandmother's home . They make some incredible finds. That gives Lindsay ( a detective ) a mystery to solve. The disjointed part is her day job. Over all a good read.
Carol
I enjoyed reading this. However, it did not appear to be edited. Read it on my kindle--if it had been in paper I would have gone back and forth to check on who's who. Good story though-I am looking forward to more from this author.
Kiti
I would have given this a much higher rating if the author had stuck to the original plot and not throw in "extra" police cases, that were unnecessary to the story line. Also proof reading the book would have been a good idea.
Marilyn
This was a page turning book. It had a great, mind boggling mystery with many participants. The only reason I gave it 3 stars, I was disappointed in the ending . Good one to read.
Sinead Murray
downloaded free on my kindle - interesting idea - wanders off point a little bit but I stuck with it and enjoyed it - not particularly well written but enjoyable story
Colleen
Well this was a nice read, would be great for the beach or when you want to relax. No tricks up the sleeve here just a good clear easy to follow story.
Brandy Frasier
Overall the plot was good, but there was way to many grammatical errors and it was not clear at times which character was actually being discussed.
Vaunette
It was an amusing story. Except the author could have omitted the one 'f' word, it really wasn't necessary.
Shannon
I liked the story but there were many grammatical errors. The editor did not do a very good job.
Skeeter Jorgensen
What a Granny! Stuff kept showing up from her past. Good read.
Nancy  Thames
Interesting plot and great title!
Jan
Really enjoyed the twists and turns.
Angel
love a good Mystery
Marilyn
very good book!!!
Ryan Zimmerman Carstairs
Ryan Zimmerman Carstairs marked it as to-read
Dec 14, 2014
Tina
Tina marked it as to-read
Dec 13, 2014
Wit
Wit marked it as to-read
Nov 29, 2014
June
June marked it as to-read
Nov 01, 2014
Tracee Gleichner
Tracee Gleichner marked it as to-read
Oct 30, 2014
Sharon
Sharon marked it as to-read
Sep 28, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Juliet Dillon Clark was born and raised in Paso Robles, California. She graduated from Cal Poly San Luis Obispo in 1984 and pursued a career in Los Angeles. After working in the advertising industry for several years, she became a real estate broker and settled in raising a family in Northern Los Angeles. Much of her writing is based on her childhood memories of the beautiful central coast of Cali ...more
More about Juliet Dillon Clark...
Dead by Dawn Gypsy Harassed (Lindsay Carter Detective) Players Adventures in Self- Publishing