Start by marking “Shifting Hearts (Wiccan Haus, #1)” as Want to Read:
Shifting Hearts (Wiccan Haus, #1)

Shifting Hearts (Wiccan Haus #1)

The last of his kind…

Rekkus is the last of the great Black Tiger weres and he is happy to stay that way. Working as security for the Wiccan Haus, a magical spa for inner healing, he has enough danger – and women – to keep him busy. Unfortunately, the Fates are not content with him being comfortable.

Alone and discouraged…

Dana has walked away from all she has known, her fian
ebook
Published November 11th 2011 by Musa Publishing (first published November 10th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Shifting Hearts, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Shifting Hearts

Laurie Garrison
Fantastic story and a great romance.
You get a great storyline with this novella. Dominique takes you into some islands off of Maine and gives you witches, vamps, shifters and a lot of other bump in the night creatures. I enjoyed getting to know them and can’t wait for the next book.

Rekkus is a very dominating shifter that really doesn’t want a mate but when a woman comes to the inn for vacation he just cannot stop nor can she.

I recommend this to anyone who likes a good short read with some gre
Cassandra
My Thoughts - 5 out of 5 Unicorns - I loved it!!!
***Received a copy of the ebook for an honest review

The cover is okay, but I really wanted to see Rekkus’s cat because he sounds gorgeous :)

This is the first book in a multi-author series called Wiccan Haus. This book is novella length and for adults only due to the steamy content. This is also my first time reading a book by Dominique Eastwick.

Okay, I started reading this book this morning, and before I realized it, I was sucked in and didn’t st
Toni
Apr 25, 2012 Toni rated it it was amazing
I have read quite a few books that combine resorts, paranormals and finding love. So far so good and I have enjoyed them all and love the idea. I really like the idea of the Wiccan Haus series. Welcome to a new form of healing and peace. Shifting Hearts is the first in the series and has set the bar high for rest of the series.

Dana has probably just made the hardest decision of her life. While it was a mutual decision to not get married, she feels lost because she left her friend of many years a
Star
Apr 16, 2012 Star rated it it was amazing
A Para always knows their mate at first site...

Dana is heartbroken and needs some time away from her family and the man she left at the altar. Her best friend comes along with her to the Wiccan Haus - a place of healing, peace, and relaxation. She's just an ordinary human, but she starts to see and experience things around the Wiccan Haus which give her pause...especially Rekkus.

I enjoyed the premise of the Wiccan Haus - a resort for humans and Paras that focuses on rest, relaxation, and harmony
Beckey
Welcome to Wiccan Haus Resort, were fate meets, destiny occurs and the romance is enchanting.
The overall story is captivating and enjoyable story to read. The author’s vivid details in the story are great. The interesting flawed characters and plot/storyline is great…
It may have been a short book to read but it won’t disappoint…
The varied wide-range of characters in the series makes this seem like it’ll be a great one to read. Looking forward to the next books in the series…
Denise Van plew
Jul 16, 2015 Denise Van plew rated it it was amazing
Wowzer this was a pleasant surprise so let me tell you why. I am always on the hunt for paranormal that is different due to having read tons by now over the years. I still love alot of it thanks to characters that make a story,but also like it when different basis of it all is introduced. As soon as I opened this one (the first in a series) a welcome is given that in itself was refreshing. Since this is also the first time for me in reading anything by this author it is like panning for gold. Th ...more
Jean Smith
Aug 12, 2015 Jean Smith rated it really liked it
A black tiger with a hot date with fate

Dana almost fell into the wreck of a marriage her parents steered her into. She’d known Frank most of her life, but marriage? Now that was a whole other can of worms, one she found she wasn’t willing to open when she found herself saying “I don’t” at the altar. Frank was in total agreement. Her parents on the other hand told her they disowned her. So she traded in her Caribbean honeymoon for a week at the Wiccan Haus with her best friend Jessie.

Rekkus is a
Carolyn Spear
Apr 16, 2014 Carolyn Spear rated it it was amazing
Great premise: "Fantasy Island" or "Love Boat" for paranormals and humans. Love her alpha shifter, last of his kind, reluctant lover. So hot. Strong heroine- no shrinking violet here- stands up for what she wants: Rekkus.
Brandy
Dec 21, 2011 Brandy rated it really liked it
BLURB:

The last of his kind…

Alone and discouraged…

Dana has walked away from all she has known, her fiancé, family, apartment, and job. Now, having a ticket to the Wiccan Haus may be the only way she can move on. But wha
Delphina
Jan 05, 2012 Delphina rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
I found this book quite a fun read. The story takes place on an island off the coast of Maine (we think ;))where a magical Inn/resort (The Wiccan Haus) is located. This particular story is the love story between a shifter who works on the island and a guest of the island whose life had pretty much hit rock bottom before she arrived. The love story was interesting to watch unfold and did have some pretty hot adult scenes for those who love them. What I loved most about the book, however, was the ...more
Maghon Thomas
Feb 02, 2012 Maghon Thomas rated it really liked it
thank you, first, goes out to the author for giving me a copy of this to review. This isn't a very long book, but it's also not a short story either, so think in between. It's about a girl, who called off her wedding and is just lost at what to do with her life, and a guy, who happens to be a hot black tiger shifter :) yep, it's hot! hahahaha

Rekkus is our yummy tiger, who does security at this cool island resort/spa and he has no interest in bonding with a mate... Dana is lost, and hurt, and doe
Boundless Book Reviews
Dominigue Eastwick, provided a copy of Shifting Hearts in exchange for a honest review. I would like to thank her for the request.

Shifting Hearts is a great, quick, spicy, paranormal read. With a very likable BBW Dana and of course the gorgeous WereTiger Rekkus, who is so Alpha with his 6'5" growling self, I was hooked from the beginning. The only thing I noticed was a few minor spelling errors, but it wasn't enough to throw off the pace of the story. I enjoyed Shifting Hearts immensely.

This is
Michelle Fita
Dec 29, 2011 Michelle Fita rated it it was amazing
I LOVED THIS BOOK!

It had everything from shape shifters to vampires to sirens to just plain old humans...lol

Being only 60 pages you would think it was rushed and there wouldn't be much of a story to be honest that's what
I thought to. When I started it I was only 7 pages in and I was completely hoôked. Dominque has written in a way that you feel every feeling that passes though Dana from sadness to complete happiness.

Be warned if your not into HOT romance then this isn't for you.
I also felt it wa
Deb
Jul 12, 2015 Deb rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow! I just found this author & am so glad :) It may be the first book of hers I've read but won't be the last as I am adding her other works to my TBR list.
Ingrid Stephanie Jordan
Jul 13, 2015 Ingrid Stephanie Jordan rated it it was amazing
Title : Shifting Hearts
Wiccan Haus Series Book 1
Author : Dominique Eastwick
Reviewed by : Stephanie Jordan

If Wiccan Haus Series is as good as Book 1
all these authors are sitting on a Gold Mine.
Ms. Eastwick has written her characters with such empathy and personalities. You automatically fall in love with them.
Rekkus Duteigr had a job to do , a job he loves. He was hired by the Syndicate to protect Cyrus Rowan by being his bodyguard. Being that there was quite a demand for Cyrus'
Tina
Mar 10, 2012 Tina rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. I don't usually like novellas too much because I don't feel that the author has enough time to really get into the character development. I think she did a great job of having the right amount of background information and action going on that I didn't even notice. This one has me awaiting the second story. I will be reading more from this author.
Bea

I love getting in at the start of a new series. Technically it isn't a new series; it started at the now defunct Musa Publishing and moved to Decadent Publishing where it's been revived and new stories added. This is the first book, for both lines. The basic concept of the series appeals to me: a magical resort where both humans and paranormals come to play or rest and just happen to find romance. Humans don't know about paranormals but there are some exceptions.

Rekus (it's a Welsh name
Pam Louis
Jul 14, 2015 Pam Louis rated it it was amazing
Oh book me a trip now!

Dana at the last minute called off a wedding and her family is mad. Her best friend and Dana booked a trip to Wiccan Haus to heal.

Rekkus is the head of security for Wiccan Haus. One look at Dana told him all he needed to know, she was the one. His one. Only he never planned to mate plus she's human.

Thus was a great storyline. I loved the characters and it was so much fun to read. This book had a small amount of drama form the wedding being called off and Rekkus not planni
Jessi Szigethy
Mar 03, 2013 Jessi Szigethy rated it really liked it
the only reason this isn't 5 stars is that it is short. I want more Rekkus and Dana and friends. guess I need to seek out the rest of the series.
T.
Aug 01, 2015 T. rated it it was amazing
I was given this book for free in exchange for an honest review. I always give honest reviews whether people appreciate them or not. This is the republishing of the first book of the Wiccan Haus Series now from Decadent Publishing. Wiccan Haus is on an island off the coast of Maine and it is magically protected with a thick fog around is, and a magical boundary beneath the surface as well. It’s kind of a paranormal spa yet they do have regular humans go there also.

We begin this story with Dana
Got Romance!  Reviews
Length: Novella
Heat Level: Spicy
Reviewer: Toni
Date: April 25, 2012

Official Goodreads rating received by original reviewer.

Kristin
Jul 28, 2012 Kristin rated it really liked it
Dana and her fiancée have agreed that neither want to be married to the other, unfortunately they came to that decision at the alter in front of all their family and friends. What's a girl to do when she doesn’t want to spend her honeymoon alone? Why cash in tickets to the Caribbean and head to the Wiccan Haus with your best friend! Which is where Dana met Rekkus. Rekkus is the last of the black tigers, he is at the Wiccan Haus to protect his best friend and his family from those that would hurt ...more
Tana
Jan 09, 2012 Tana rated it really liked it
Shifting Hearts (Wiccan Haus, #1) by Dominique Eastwick

Shifting Hearts is a beautifully written short novella that does not disappoint, this story is written with ease and has you hooked in the first few pages. Dominique Eastwick gives you just enough information on the two main characters while introducing the reader to a wide range of other character that I am hoping we see in the future with their own stories.

This is a paranormal romance with some heat attached to it, Rekkus is a shapeshifte
Mel
Apr 04, 2012 Mel rated it really liked it
Dominique is an author that is new to me. This is the first book I have read from her. This is also the first book in the Wiccan Haus series. Shifting Hearts is about a young woman, Dana, who breaks off an engagement during the wedding ceremony. Dana and her friend then decide to spend the would- be honeymoon at the Wiccan Haus to relax, refresh, and rejuvenate. Dana has some decisions to make and this is the place to do it. While there Dana meets Rekkus and the story begins…

I am still new to th
Danielle
Jul 07, 2012 Danielle rated it really liked it
What a great start to a new series. The series is about a beautiful island owned by paranormals were humans and other paranormals can go to heal kind of like a spa of sorts yet they use their powers to help them along. The first book Shifting Hearts is about Rekkus a shape shifter that works security on the island. Rekkus is all sexy alpha male that has been scarred by his past. Dana is a human visitor to the island looking for some relief after leaving her fiance at the alter unable to marry hi ...more
Buffy Kennedy
Jun 23, 2012 Buffy Kennedy rated it really liked it
Vampires, witches, and weres, oh my! This was a sweet and sexy novella, filled with shape-shifting yumminess and cameos from a couple witches and vampires. I’m partial to the cat shifters to begin with, so the hero being a were-tiger was the icing on the cake. It was also a relief to read a romance, especially an erotic romance, where the heroine wasn’t supermodel stick thin and perfect, but was still plenty sexy. There’s not a whole lot of storyline other than a little background on our main ch ...more
Cheap and Lazy
I don't normally go much for shape-shifting in erotic romances, too much room for yik. No yiks here, only yum! Rekkus is a wonderful hero--very alpha (and the shape-shifting actually adds to that nicely), yet romantic and considerate. The heroine, Dana, was likable in her insecurities and the way she handled discovering the secret of the island plausible. The development of the relationship felt real even though it was (of necessity) quick. I'm not usually into novellas, either, as I just like m ...more
Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
Originally posted at: http://whippedcream2.blogspot.com/201...

Sometimes it just takes an alpha were-tiger to help you figure out what you want in life. So where do you find one? At the Wiccan Haus, of course. Just don’t expect him to greet you with open arms.

Rekkus is the last black were-tiger, and he’s sworn off long term relationships. A terrible tragedy in his past left him the lone survivor of his kind. But try as he might, he can’t run from fate. She’s showed up on his secluded island with
Alicia Nordwell
Oct 27, 2012 Alicia Nordwell rated it really liked it
I received Wiccan Haus #1, Shifting Hearts, as a prize in a blog hop. I was really intrigued by the underlying 'world' concept with the spa/retreat. I thought that the base for that, and for the series, was quite well done. We had a lot of characters to be introduced to in this first book to make it work. As a novella, the story had a good arc.

There were a few small typos, and I felt that the romance was really predictable (the watch plot device was an example of that) but I read a veritable to
Melissa
Jun 16, 2015 Melissa rated it it was amazing
Dana finally stood up for herself when she walks away from her wedding. Now at Wiccan Haus to heal, she's not even sure of what she needs...certainly the sexy security manager, Rekkus, who has his own demons.

Ms. Eastwick creates a world sure to entertain with Wiccan Haus, where humans and paras can rejuvenate side by side. Magic, passion and fun abounds on this island.

This is the first book in this amazing series I've read and I can't wait for more! Her characters are engaging and sizzling as t
  • A Man Worth Fighting For (Wiccan Haus, #2)
  • Making Him Purr
  • Dragon's Prey (Shadow of the Dragon, #4)
  • On the Edge (On the Edge, #1)
  • The Fall Of Troy
  • Warrior (Wolves of Angels Rest, #4)
  • Love's Learning Curves (Wolf’s Seduction #3)
  • Her Lycan Lover (Rocky Mountain Shifters, #3)
  • Beneath the Broken Moon: Part Two (Broken, #2)
  • Dance of the Crystal (Dance, #3)
  • Finale (The Alpha's Captive, #7)
  • Reunion
  • Big Bad Wolf
  • Beauty and the Wolf
  • Thomas (Le Beau Brothers #4)
  • Stolen Dreams (Cassie Scot #4)
  • Lycan It (Lycan, #3)
  • Shades of Dragon
Award Winning Author, Dominique Eastwick grew up a US Navy Brat, so if there was a Naval base that was probably home. She currently resides in North Carolina with her husband, two children, crazy lab and lazy cat.

Dominique's love of reading started when she was told to read TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD in high school. A book that opened her eyes to the joys of reading and entering into the world of the a
More about Dominique Eastwick...

Wiccan Haus (1 - 10 of 16 books)
  • A Man Worth Fighting For (Wiccan Haus, #2)
  • An Apple Away (Wiccan Haus, #3)
  • Siren's Serenade (Wiccan Haus, #4)
  • Psychic Lies (Wiccan Haus, #5)
  • Unveil My Heart (Wiccan Haus, #6)
  • Finding Her A-Muse-Ment (Wiccan Haus, #7)
  • Guarding His Heart (Wiccan Haus, #8)
  • Lifebound (Wiccan Haus, #9)
  • The 13th Guest (Wiccan Haus, #10)
  • A Bride Worth Fighting For (Wiccan Haus, #11)

“He's naked," she said in a whisper louder than a yell.
"He knows," Cyrus said.
"Does he want a blanket?"
"Apparently not.”