Start by marking “Captured for the Captain's Pleasure” as Want to Read:
Captured for the Captain's Pleasure

Captured for the Captain's Pleasure

3.55  ·  Rating Details  ·  97 Ratings  ·  17 Reviews
Captain Michael Hawkhurst relishes his fearsome reputation, for he lives only to wreak revenge on the Fulton family, who so cruelly destroyed his own.Spirited Alice Fulton knows a ship is no place for a lady, but she is determined to save her father's business….When fate delivers him Fulton's virginal daughter as his captive, Michael faces a dilemma—should he live up to hi ...more
Published December 20th 2011 by Harlequin (first published June 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Captured for the Captain's Pleasure, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Captured for the Captain's Pleasure

Joana V.
Jan 01, 2016 Joana V. rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: meus, harlequin
Opinião completa em http://pepitamagica.blogspot.pt/2015/...

Eu tenho uma coisa por piratas e capitães que se fazem passar por piratas – mas que têm honra acima de tudo. E é sobre isto que este livro trata: honra, vingança e amor.
(...)
que não foi boa ideia.

Devido à guerra, o navio onde Alice seguia, em vez de levar hasteada a bandeira inglesa, levava a bandeira espanhola – o que por si só era crime, mas protegeria o navio se houvesse franceses a pensar em atacar o navio. Mas são apanhados não po
Susan
Pretty good book. I enjoyed Alice's way of standing up to Michael. She did a good job of negotiating the ransom demand. I think Michael didn't quite know what hit him. She also showed an amazing ability to think on her feet when she faced down the men on the Royal Navy ship to prevent him from being whipped. I also liked her escape from Sandford's house and her appearance back on Michael's ship. Meanwhile, he was dealing with his tunnel vision regarding his revenge. When he finally got it, he di ...more
May
3.5

Hero had a secret agendas that were not revealed till way later on

Couldn't really understand the hero even when his last cards were revealed :/
Christine
Jan 27, 2012 Christine rated it it was amazing
The last time I read a Harlequin was in my early teens, and I have never read a Regency romance. I wasn't sure if I would enjoy it or not. I'm happy to say that I absolutely loved Captured for the Captain's Pleasure!

This book captured my attention from the start. There was action, interesting characters, and I felt like I was back in time with them.

I liked how the main characters, Michael and Alice, were not perfect. They both had their own secrets and issues with some of their family. It made
TwinFitzgeraldKirkland
Cris
Mar 08, 2013 Cris rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: historicos, regencia
Vou ser sincera (como sempre, aliás), peguei esse livro achando que a história seria fraquinha; primeiro por não conhecer a autora, e segundo porque a sinopse não me cativou. Mas, ainda bem que as minhas expectativas foram frustradas.

Logo no principio eu já me deixei cativar pela mocinha, que sabe que não é uma beldade e lida bem com isso, pois o seu lado prático não a deixa sucumbir a bobeiras, tal como ter o navio atacado por corsário e ser feita prisioneira pelo capitão.

Ao ter o navio abalroa
Gail
Revenge story that mostly takes place on board a ship back in the 1800s. Hero is a privateer who captures the heroine's father's ship, with the heroine, her brother, and a girlfriend of hers aboard. He wants revenge on her dad because he thinks he caused the death of his family. The heroine has handed him the perfect means to get it. There's a lot of bargaining and negotiations and revelations. I enjoyed it.
Emona de Souza
Mar 08, 2016 Emona de Souza rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favourites
As usual Ann Lethbridge, is known for her historic romances.
Really loved the book..... :)
Micheal and Alice learn to love, trust, and protect each other -
(sometimes from their own decisions)
Both, Alice's courage and Micheal's protection for Alice are dominant throughout the book,
eventhough Alice's mind screams "No, he is the captor", and Micheal's,
"Remeber, this is payback time", both trust their hearts - to love -
which is far more superior to hate and revenge.
Fernanda
uma trama mais ou menos simples, sem nada de inovador.
os personagens enfrentam alguns fantasmas do passado o que lhe condiciona toda a vida no sentido de obter justiça senão vingança.

Alice tem uma personalidade forte, não se deixando minimizar sem lutar por aquilo que quer muito.... o amor de Michael!
Este por sua vez com um forte sentimento de culpa e com alguma dificuldade de assumir os seus sentimentos por Alice.

No fim, com todos os segredos desvendados e sentimentos assumidos, nada melhor q
Susan
Dec 16, 2011 Susan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm a sucker for Harlequinn Historicals and when I found out they offered an ebook subscription I jumped at the chance. Sometimes you think that eventually you'll be able to picture how the story will end and sometimes it just surpises you.

I loved this story! I even cried a little during the end. Why people can be so helpless and stubborn when in love.......it's a really good story.
Sabrina (Soter) Sally
Tralasciando qualche cliché classico del genere piratesco e una nota stonata che mi ha fatto venire i brividi stile unghie sulla lavagna, per il resto è stata una lettura piacevole! Peccato che l'autrice non abbia scritto un libro dedicato a Jaimie, un personaggio che mi ha incuriosito molto! =(
Cristina Contilli
Iniziato sotto forma di ebook e proseguito sotto forma cartacea...

I corsari dei romance si assomigliano un po' tra loro, ma io lo stesso un debole per navi, battaglie e assalti ai nemici con in mezzo qualche romantica storia d'amore...
Linda
Jun 25, 2012 Linda rated it liked it
Surprisingly good.Tortured hero who doesn't think he deserves happiness. Strong heroine who thinks she isn't attractive enough 2b loved for herself but is willing to trust the hero. This time I liked the heroine better
Jennypara
Jan 17, 2015 Jennypara rated it really liked it
Indeed this story captured my mind with its beautiful pictures and characters. It made me feel like an addict looking for his pleasure. It sure is a really good read!
garnetyuna
Dec 29, 2013 garnetyuna rated it did not like it
Shelves: m-f, historical
Awful. (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡 ...more
Cynthia
Apr 11, 2013 Cynthia rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2013
Very emotionally moving. Ann Lethbridge did a superb job with the plot. Even better is that the man was a pirate!
Helen
Feb 01, 2013 Helen rated it really liked it
A great story of revenge and love a pirate and a spinster I really enjoyed this one
Cynthia Porter
Cynthia Porter is currently reading it
Jun 25, 2016
Stephanie
Stephanie marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2016
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2016
Amy
Amy rated it it was ok
Jun 14, 2016
Sadie
Sadie marked it as to-read
Jun 06, 2016
Rae M.
Rae M. added it
Jun 05, 2016
Irma04
Irma04 rated it really liked it
May 29, 2016
Kathryn Smith
Kathryn Smith marked it as to-read
May 12, 2016
Pat Winter
Pat Winter marked it as to-read
Apr 20, 2016
merlene Garcia
merlene Garcia marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2016
Nicole Laverdure
Nicole Laverdure marked it as to-read
Apr 02, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Feb 04, 2015 09:25AM
  • Ravished by the Rake
  • The Lady Confesses (Copeland Sisters, #3)
  • An Escapade and An Engagement
  • Rake with a Frozen Heart
  • How to Disgrace a Lady
  • A Question of Impropriety
  • Taken by the Wicked Rake (Regency Silk & Scandal, #8)
  • His Enemy's Daughter
  • Lady with the Devil's Scar
  • Captive of the Border Lord
  • The Taming of the Rogue
  • The Last de Burgh (de Burgh, #7)
  • Bought for Revenge
  • A Dark and Brooding Gentleman
AKA Michèle Ann Young (Goodreads Author)

An army brat born in England and now living in Canada, Ann grew up loving history, but majored in business, with history on the side. She has a husband and two lovely daughters and a Maltese Terrier called Teaser, who likes to sit on a chair beside the computer while she works.

Her love of the past and the stories in her imagination led her to write her first
More about Ann Lethbridge...