Start by marking “Celebrity in Death (In Death, #34)” as Want to Read:
Celebrity in Death (In Death, #34)

Celebrity in Death (In Death #34)

4.25 of 5 stars 4.25  ·  rating details  ·  13,635 ratings  ·  967 reviews
Lieutenant Eve Dallas is no party girl, but she's managing to have a good time at the celebrity-packed bash celebrating 'The Icove Agenda', a film based on one of her cases. What comes as a surprise however is seeing the actress who plays Peabody drowned in the pool on the roof of the director's luxury building.
Published February 21st 2012 by Piatkus Books (first published February 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Celebrity in Death, please sign up.

Jolisa Sampey You can pick up the book and read it. It does stand alone, much like any episode of any sitcom. But. Like any series, the story is richer and deeper…moreYou can pick up the book and read it. It does stand alone, much like any episode of any sitcom. But. Like any series, the story is richer and deeper if you start from the beginning. YOu don't need to know how Eve and Roarke fell in love to know they are, but if you don't read that part, you miss the chance to fall in love a little with Roarke yourself.(less)
Can't Wait Books of 2012
128th out of 2,495 books — 15,914 voters
The Fault in Our Stars by John GreenInsurgent by Veronica RothGone Girl by Gillian FlynnCity of Lost Souls by Cassandra ClarePandemonium by Lauren Oliver
Best Books of 2012
86th out of 3,041 books — 9,402 voters

More lists with this book...

Danielle The Book Huntress (Self-Proclaimed Book Ninja)
A very good installment in the Death series. Eve is completely authentic as a tough police woman, but I like that Roarke sees her in a more intimate way as his wife. Yet he embraces her as a strong woman and stands by her side. That's a good man! The mystery was good, although it did drag a bit towards the end. Still, it was an excellent book despite that fact.

Overall rating: 4.5/5.0 stars.

Reviewed for Affaire de Coeur in the February 2012 issue.
Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey)
Quick review

Cover: Follows previous molds.
Rating NC-17 for a few sexual scenes.
Thumbs Up: 4.5
Overall: Really Good
Characters: Well written as always
Plot: Was interesting.
Page Turner: Yes.
Series Cont.? Yes, definitely
Recommend Yes.
Book Boyfriend: Julian

SUMMARY (50 word or less)

J.D. Robb (aka Nora Roberts) wrote another stellar tale in the Eve Dallas series (in Death series). This story was intended to be less heavy than the last and a slightly more than average case. I wasn’t blow away by i
Allison (The Allure of Books)
As I’ve talked about many times before on the blog, the In Death books are my all time favorite series. The newest installment, Celebrity in Death by J.D. Robb, is no exception! It releases today, and fans of the series should definitely expect an awesome addition to Eve & Roarke’s adventures.

Now, as long time fans know, these books are oftentimes pretty much the same. I obviously don’t mean that as an insult – I just mean that we basically know what to expect by now. J.D. Robb definitely ga
I never knew how much I looked forward to the chase scenes, shootings, stabbing and all the other excitement that permeated these books, until I read this one. I never thought I would find myself saying that an Eve Dallas book could be boring, but this one was.

Eve, Roarke and Dehlia have been invited to the party that is celebrating the the movie (vid) "The Icove Agenda". While there, nasty words are exchanged between the actress playing Peabody and almost everyone who is at the party. Naturally
I seem to be in the minority on my opinion of this book. I'm a huge fan of Nora Roberts and the In Death series. Huge. But I felt this installment was lacking. There was no action at all and little emotion. Maybe I'm just getting bored with the series, but I was disappointed. I judge a book by how easy it is to put it down and it took me 3 days to read it when normally I get through an In Death in less than a day.
Lady Lioness
I'm glad I re-read Origin in Death before Celebrity in Death. It probably wasn't strictly necessary, but having the details fresh in my mind added on an extra layer of fun for me. Anywho, I practically stood on the front porch waiting for the UPS guy and promptly devoured the book in about two hours. Probably going to re-read parts before bed.

So what to tell you? Well, the person I thought did it didn't, Eve gets another mag coat, and there are some terrific Peabody/McNab moments. Nadine also g
This is the longest series I follow and it's still the best.

I've said it before, but it bears repeating: I want to be Eve, be married to Roarke, exchange snarky barbs with Summerset, be BFF with Mavis and have Leonardo design my wardrobe, have Peabody as my partner and be disgusted by McNab's fashion style, have Feeney as my mentor, have tea with Dr. Mira, be harassed by Trina... The list goes on and on. I just love this series!
So many times authors start off a series with a really well-developed set of characters and a great plot idea, but over time the author seems to forget that people (whether fictional or real) are changed by the events that occur. It becomes increasing frustrating to the faithful series reader, and they become bored when the author fails to allow the characters to change and grow over time.

JD Robb's readers keep coming back for more, because the characters remain the heart of the In Death series
4,5 stars

While I (almost)sad to see Roarke's scene become less than New York to Dallas, I enjoy Eve and Peabody partnership here. Also, finally the investigation back to basic (like guess who's the real culprit are).

At last, Roarke never do me wrong. I guess, I will always smitten by him, and all my friend already tired to hear I'm gushing after him everyday ;)
Okay, I know that every book after NY2D is anticlimatic, but I did enjoy this one. A very different twist/story line and isn't that what it's all about?

Some good banter between Peabody and Eve - and we learn about Peabody's new pink cowboy boots!!!

Nadine plays a bigger role not only as Eve's friend but a very good investigative reporter and interviewer - really liked her role in that.

This was the second time I've read the book and I had forgotten so much about it including who the killer was, so
Tamika♥The Assassin♥

Hmmm I don't know what I really feel about this one. I liked the beginning as usual. I thought it was interesting for Eve to have been so part of the murder as well as being the cop investigating it. I loved Peabody as usual, her spirit just brings happiness wherever she is around. I'm not so certain on the whodunit part. I think for everything that happened that this book could have been way shorter. I found myself bored at some points, it was just o long. I also did not like the seria
Eve is invited to dinner with the cast of the upcoming vid based on one of her previous cases, and her more pleasant than she expected evening is ruined by murder.

Her suspects are all in the house, the victim was liked by no one and caused a number of problems to many of them and reading the suspects is harder than usual, considering that most of them are actors.

Eve and Peabody are determined to solve the case and with a lot of digging and good investigating, eliminate some and lean towards othe
I really enjoyed this installment. My favorite books are the ones were Eve and Roarke are at odds, and though that wasn't the case here I found the case interesting and the usual cast of characters engaging. There was quite a bit of humor laced throughout. The whodunit was pretty easy to figure out but I enjoy watching Eve puzzle her way through the evidence.

I love this series. We know this. These characters are charming, witty and marvelous to spend time with. I very much wish that I wasn't now caught up with the series, as now I'm left with no more books to dive into (for now).

With that being said, I have to honestly say this was one of the books in the series I've liked least, possibly the worst for me. I have enjoyed Eve mellowing out over the series, but still retaining her bitchy core. BUT, some of the things that are being played out for all
Apr 28, 2012 Estara rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Estara by: auto-buy series
Shelves: ebook, read-in-2012
I really enjoyed this outing. It was far less dark than when Eve has to run after active serial killers with special m.o.s - (view spoiler).

What was the most fun was that because of the plot - Eve being confronted with a movie team making a movie out of Nadine Furst's book about the Icove clone case - she met all those actors
Reporter Nadine Furst and friend of Eve wrote a book about the Icove case and now has caught the attention of the big screen movie moguls who’ve made it into a major motion picture production, near the end of filming it’s decided that a grand party is due and of course the people who inspired the real life case have to be there too, which means that Eve and Peabody are in attendance when a death occurs. It at first appears perhaps accidental but soon becomes a murder investigation which turns in ...more
Alyssa Ricks
I really enjoyed this installment. All our favorite characters are present, for at least one scene, but it really focuses on Eve as well as Peabody and Roarke. The murder victim is an acress no one likes playing Peabody in the movie based on Nadine's book on the Icove case. When she's found she looks similar to Peabody and that leads to some emotional reactions from those close to her. (view spoiler) ...more
Anne OK
Another fun and rock solid installment to the In Death series. Don't know how she does it, but J.D. Robb keeps the momentum going in this one. The crime, though not as action-packed or dark and gruesome as some have been, held my attention and was skillfully crafted. Enjoyment is always the case when Lt. Dallas and her gang of cops take on the bad guys. And this time around, the book was worth reading just to learn the location of Eve's latest hidey hole for her candy stash and celebrity nicknam ...more
Another amazing installment of my favorite series!! It was an interesting case with an interesting twist on the murderer. Celebrity was quite a bit lighter than the previous NYTD, but didn't we all need that? Didn't Eve and Roarke need that? Yes, on both counts. Lots of very sweet E&R moments...very much loved the "coffee discussion" and the beginning of Chapter 18...hell, make that the whole chapter, was nothing short of awesome. I also loved the continuity of the coats:)Enjoy!

9/15/12 Start
I love Nora Roberts writing as J.D.Robb. she takes us into the future a little bit but not so it seems Unreal. Kept me guessing till the end again!!
Aug 14, 2015 Will rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Eve Dallas fans

I suppose I use Nora Roberts as a rut-breaker, reading one of her 'in Death' series books when I need a break. For Celebrity in Death she picks a rather sensational seven year old case that LT Eve Dallas solved for Hollywood to turn into a murder mystery blockbuster. So Dallas, Peabody, Roarke and the others get to meet their on-screen alter egos, even though Eve Dallas is unsure the nationwide publicity will help her 'low profile' her pursuit of murderers and
Heidi Rice
Nora Roberts 34th In Death book is another cracking police procedural, this time with Eve investigating the murder of Peabody's lookalike during a celebrity party featuring the cast of The Iscove Case - a film being made of one of Eve's former cases. All the usual suspects are here - Peabody (slightly freaked when the actress playing her in the movie gets dumped in a rooftop pool! and turns out to be an uber-bitch on further investigation), McNab (who's actor lookalike is boffing Eve's actor loo ...more
Laura (Kyahgirl)
3.5/5; 4 stars; B+

I enjoyed this addition to the In Death series. It wasn't spectacular but it was enjoyable. The most notable thing about this version is that this is the abridged audiobook and I thought they did a pretty good job of keeping the story cohesive and interesting. Ms. Erickson does a good job narrating these books. I've listened to her once before and appreciated her ability to seamlessly move from male to female voices and different accents.
This is another great In Death book. I liked the coat too. I'm totally with Eve on the shoes and clothes, if it's not comfortable why kill yourself trying to wear it. Great sense of humor scenes, some verbal kicking A, liked the gag reel, and of course the characters were great. Another book on the keeper shelf, but In Death books are obvious keepers. I liked the twist toward the end and am never exactly sure how it'll turn out. Gotta Love It!!! ENJOY!
Susan Williams
I have read all of J. D. Robb's books. I have enjoyed them all. However, I could swear this
is a rehash of an earlier book, with different characters, setting, and plot. I guess when you
write as much as she does, it is hard to come up with a completely new story.
I also missed Roark and her being at odds with each other. There was no disagreement between
them, and for me that is one of my favorite parts of her stories.
Cecilyn P.
Again, not a favorite, but good. It wasn't nearly as intense as some of her others. I guess I can't expect them to ~all~ be like that. :-)
One of her best in one of my favorite series. The series had started to get a bit formulaic, but the last two have broken pattern and been excellent. For me as always the best part is the growing relationships. I want an auto-chef and a maid droid.
Caz Malpas

Another bloody brilliant story in the series.

Whilst making the film about Eve and Co and their part in taking down a massive cloning racket, Eve is attending a party with some of the big name celebrities playing parts in the movie, when the death of an actress occurs its looks at first glance like an unfortunate accident but Eve's senses smell foul play.

This story kind of played out in my mind like a 80's sleuth show, you know the ones where all the actors and actresses
Genine Franklin-Clark

Books in this series are reliably good reads. Good writing, plots, characterization, no typos, grammatical errors or oddly spelled words.

She may write a book a day, but damn, she does it well.
J.D. Robb : Buddy Read - Celebrity In Death (June 2015) - Spoiler Zone 32 18 Jun 21, 2015 04:01PM
J.D. Robb : Celebrity In Death (Spoiler Zone) 90 97 Jan 27, 2015 03:19AM
new release 10 98 Oct 07, 2013 05:30AM
  • Don't Look Down (Samantha Jellicoe, #2)
  • Copper Beach (Dark Legacy, #1)
  • Chasing Fire
  • Canyons of Night (Rainshadow, #0; Harmony, #8; Looking Glass Trilogy, #3; Arcane Society, #12)
  • So Close the Hand of Death (Taylor Jackson, #6 )
  • Born to Darkness (Fighting Destiny, #1)
  • Now You See Her
  • The Boy with the Painful Tattoo (Holmes & Moriarity, #3)
  • Stars & Stripes (Cut & Run, #6)
  • If You Know Her (The Ash Trilogy, #3)
  • Deadly Lies (Deadly, #3)
J.D. Robb writes police procedurals set in the near future.

Naked in Death is the first book in what was initially meant to be trilogy about Eve Dallas, a NY police lieutenant with a dark past. In that first book she meets the mysterious Roarke, who is a suspect in the case. By the time the third book in that initial trilogy was in stores readers clamored for more.

Twenty years later, Devoted in Dea
More about J.D. Robb...

In Death (1 - 10 of 42 books)
  • Naked in Death (In Death, #1)
  • Glory in Death (In Death, #2)
  • Immortal in Death (In Death, #3)
  • Rapture in Death (In Death, #4)
  • Ceremony in Death (In Death, #5)
  • Vengeance in Death (In Death, #6)
  • Holiday in Death (In Death, #7)
  • Conspiracy in Death (In Death, #8)
  • Loyalty in Death (In Death, #9)
  • Witness in Death (In Death, #10)
Naked in Death (In Death, #1) Glory in Death (In Death, #2) Immortal in Death (In Death, #3) Portrait in Death (In Death, #16) Rapture in Death (In Death, #4)

“If somebody doesn't call me a bitch once a day, I figure I'm not doing my job.” 50 likes
“Hey. Hands off.”,
“Please. Please, please, soooo pretty. Lemme just have one little touch.”
“Peabody, isn’t it embarrassing enough you’re wearing pink cowboy boots, again, without standing here drooling on my coat?”