Start by marking “Maisy Goes Camping: A Maisy First Experience Book” as Want to Read:
Maisy Goes Camping: A Maisy First Experience Book

Maisy Goes Camping: A Maisy First Experience Book (Maisy)

3.6 of 5 stars 3.60  ·  rating details  ·  168 ratings  ·  27 reviews
Five in the tent! A camping trip with Maisy turns into a slapstick comedy of errors in this hilarious picture-book adventure.

When Maisy sets off to go camping in the country, it’s only natural that all her friends come along, too. But they soon find that pitching a tent is not an easy thing to do. Even if they do manage to keep the tent up, there’s the matter of fitting th
Published April 12th 2004 by Candlewick Press

To ask other readers questions about Maisy Goes Camping, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Maisy Goes Camping

Ellias
We read this before our second season of camping out, and I thought it was pretty funny. The only thing is has to do with camping is sleeping in a tent, but I know all the characters names when they pop out, so I still made Mommy read it about a hundred times.
Beth Singleton
In the realm of the pre-k crowd, I love Maisy and her friends. Lucy Cousins artwork combines bright colors and the perfect amount of detail without being too distracting. She also has a knack for writing a storyline that introduces little ones to new vocabulary and sentences without losing her audience.

Hands down, this is my favorite of Maisy's adventures. Without being preachy, kids see how Maisy and her friends tackle problems and find solutions to putting up a tent, a daunting challenge to ma
Allison C. McCulloch
I'd give it 3.5 stars. It's fun.
Polly
Fine for a summer story time.
Hope4flowers
Henry(at 4 years old) loves this one and asks to read it again and again. It has beautiful, bright illustrations and big easy to read simple words. A great book to point with your finger to the words as you read the book. I'll occasionally have him tell me what the words are. He can usually figure it out from the context and memory and it helps him become familiar with different words.
jacky
A nice addition to the Maisy series. It is really more about teamwork and compromise than camping, but it does introduce things associated with camping through the pictures. Natalie learned about sleeping bags and sleeping under the stars. Also a counting book up to five.
Tricia
as a maisy book goes, this would be one of the better ones. when the friends go camping, setting up the tent and turning in for the night are the main focus of the book. would be good if an all ages storytime on the green turned all "two-year-old" on the presenter.
Emerson
Another hit in the Maisy series. This time they all go camping, culminating in the whole group of friends trying to fit into the tent! They end up sleeping outside under the stars when Eddie the elephant tries to get into the tent.
Elisabeth
This was a perfect book to read to our 4 year old to get him ready for the idea of camping. And it has a counting element that isn't patronizing doesn't overwhelm the story like many other counting books do.
Leah
A simple story with colorful illustrations. Invites children to count the number of animals in the tent, while introducing a camping/outdoors theme. Used in camping storytime with 0-5 year olds with some success.
Ingrid
My best book for camping storytime. It worked for both age groups. The basics of camping are introduced as well as themes of friendship, counting, bright colors, and humor. Also works well as an easy reader.
Dylan Reisz
Anything with Maisy is a "good read." In this one, she shares a tent with her closest pals, but Eddie the Elephant is so big, everyone but him ends up sleeping outside the tent.
John O'hara
My 16 month old daughter loves this, which means I have to read it multiple times in one sitting!!! As children's books go, this is well illustrated and with a fun story.
Katya Epstein
Short and simple. My two-year-old daughter laughs out loud every time I read it to her. I find the illustrations a little crude, but they're good enough.
Jessica Lauber
Meet Maisy and her friends in this great introduction to camping for younger kids. Funny. Pages are colorful with full page illustrations.
Alexandria
Me encanto la parte en que todos echaron de la tienda y me gusto la parte cuando la carpa cayo sobre Maisy y sus amigos.
Samantha
Libro muy lindo. Este libro me dejó riendo y la celebración de mi estómago como Pepo patadas a todo el mundo de la tienda.
Patricia
Teacher.
We liked this one! Maisy and the crew go camping and fill a tent with friends and fun!
Anaeka
We read it once. That's about it. A prefers The Bear scouts book (berenstein bears)
Ashley
Cute little book, and a fun way to review counting to five.
Brenna Call
Cool way for kids to practice counting.
Catherine
"Pop" (giggle, giggle).
Bridget
Have the audio version
Brittney S.
We love all the Maisy books.
Maha
A funny story! Love it!
  • Tip Tip Dig Dig
  • The Birthday Box
  • Tiny Little Fly
  • Duck Sock Hop
  • Digger Man
  • Down by the Cool of the Pool
  • Good-Night, Owl!
  • Ollie
  • Brownie & Pearl Step Out
  • Lots of Dots
  • I Know a Rhino
  • Roadwork
Lucy Cousins, BA Honours in Graphic Design from The Faculty of Arts and Architecture, Brighton Polytechnic, postgraduate degree from Royal College of Art, is an author-illustrator of children's books. She is best known for her books featuring Maisy Mouse but she has also published other children's books including one about Noah's Ark. She is a mother of four and lives in Hampshire, England. Her ow ...more
More about Lucy Cousins...
Hooray For Fish! Maisy Goes to the Library: A Maisy First Experience Book Yummy: Eight Favorite Fairy Tales Peck, Peck, Peck Maisy Goes to Preschool: A Maisy First Experiences Book