Trains

Trains

3.47 of 5 stars 3.47  ·  rating details  ·  64 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Examines different kinds of trains, past and present, describing their features and functions.

Book Details: Format: Paperback Publication Date: 3/1/1988 Reading Level: Age 5 and Up
Published March 1st 1988 by Holiday House (first published 1987)

To ask other readers questions about Trains, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Trains

midnightfaerie
An okay book about trains. Colorful pictures but too technical to really hold the attention of my kids, both the preschool aged who love trains, and my 5 yr old. Just trying to find some good children's books about trains since my 2 yr old twins love trains so much. Too bad they lost interest after the first sentence.
Jordan Caton
This non-fiction book titled Trains is the book I chose for my concept book. This is a book about the different types of trains. It shows different uses for them along with different tracks. Some are for people, while others carry coal and cars. Some are underground, while some are above. Some are on regular train tracks while others are held from the top. It puts trains in a very positive light saying "trains are fun to watch".

This book focuses on bright, bold colors along with a big emphasis...more
Kayla Mosson
This book is a great book that allows young readers to gain an interest in trains. It discusses a variety of different aspects that pertain to trains, from what you can eat on a train, what a train carries, to the parts of a train. Gail Gibbons does an excellent job with her vibrant colorful pictures that provides her readers with a depiction of the text. Although this book is not your normal story telling book it gives great details and information for young readers who are still learning the b...more
Katherine Settle
This book was very well at showing what part of a train was, or teaching something to the reader. I liked how the colors were bright in the book. I think this could be very helpful for a small child, especially if they are interested in trains. The book does a good job of describing what all the trains can do. They also mention all of the different kinds of trains. Although, this book teaches a lot, I almost wish it told more of a story. This book was very good at teaching.
Rachel
This is one we have checked out from the library MANY times because my boys are obsessed with trains. I like that Gail Gibbons just has one simple line of text for each page, and yet the book is still filled with plenty of interesting facts. A good book for young train enthusiasts.
Misty D
A children's book that tells you about the history of trains. Even though this book is listed as a work of fiction, it is a wonderful resource to get a young child learning the history and possibly wanting to know more. A must-read for anyone who has a child who loves trains!
Alyce Dougan
This is a book all about trains and trains history. This book is very informative, easy to follow, and has simple pictures. I would recommend this book to a Pre-K or Kindergarten class.
Cindy
My son has an interest in trains - due to Thomas the Train. I like how it has information but it's not too much information - where the child gets overloaded.
Rebecca
A little wordy for my 18 month old who wanted me to read it to her. She became disinterested quickly. However, a 3-4 year old would probably love it.
David Gallin-Parisi
Facts and colorful tracks.
Not much of a story, yet a treat for train enthusiasts of any age.
Vintage Gibbons design and illustrations!
Karen
Alison
Alison added it
Jun 11, 2014
Haley Edgar
Haley Edgar marked it as to-read
Apr 21, 2014
Thomas
Thomas marked it as to-read
Apr 05, 2014
Sam
Sam marked it as to-read
Feb 24, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
From Seed to Plant The Seasons of Arnold's Apple Tree The Moon Book The Pumpkin Book Apples