Start by marking “How I Love Your Torah, O Lord!: Literary And Theological Explorations On The Book Of Deuteronomy” as Want to Read:

really liked it 4.0  ·  Rating Details ·  4 Ratings  ·  1 Review
Published September 1st 2011

To ask other readers questions about How I Love Your Torah, O Lord!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about How I Love Your Torah, O Lord!

Spencer R
Feb 03, 2015 Spencer R rated it really liked it
Shelves: own
You can read my full review here: spoiledmilks wordpress com

Here, Block puts together a collection of of articles that "represent deep literary and theological meditations that have been personally incredibly inspiring and transformative" (xv). The issues found in HILYTOL are more specific that those found in another one of Block's books, The Gospel According to Moses, which are general essays on hermeneutical, theological, and ethical issues found in Deuteronomy.

If the psalter(s) of Ps 1 and 1
Sara Burt
Sara Burt rated it really liked it
Oct 20, 2013
J.D.
J.D. rated it liked it
Jun 14, 2015
Sooho Lee
Sooho Lee rated it it was amazing
Jul 14, 2013
Colton Guffey
Colton Guffey marked it as to-read
Aug 02, 2013
Alanna
Alanna marked it as to-read
Sep 08, 2013
Christopher Goins
Christopher Goins marked it as to-read
Jan 03, 2014
Andy
Andy is currently reading it
Feb 13, 2014
Mari
Mari marked it as to-read
Nov 26, 2014
Byung-kyu Kim
Byung-kyu Kim is currently reading it
Mar 09, 2015
Andrew Nedelchev
Andrew Nedelchev marked it as to-read
Jan 03, 2016
Stan
Stan marked it as to-read
Jan 04, 2016
Ryan Holmes
Ryan Holmes marked it as to-read
May 16, 2016
Daniel I. Block (DPhil, University of Liverpool) is Gunther H. Knoedler Professor of Old Testament at Wheaton College in Wheaton, Illinois. He is the author of several books and numerous essays and has written commentaries on Deuteronomy, Judges-Ruth, and Ezekiel. He has also been involved in the production of the New Living Translation of the Bible and lectures and preaches around the world.
More about Daniel I. Block...