Start by marking “The Making of Me: Finding My Future After Assault” as Want to Read:
The Making of Me: Finding My Future After Assault

The Making of Me: Finding My Future After Assault

Fourteen-year-old Tegan Wagner thought she was going to a party with friends. Instead, she found herself trapped in a house with a group of older boys she had never met before. She was gang raped that night by three brothers.

What followed forms the basis of Tegan Wagner's riveting story as she struggled to cope with the fallout from that horrific night – the betrayal by fr
Published 2009 by PAN Macmillan Australia (first published November 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about The Making of Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Making of Me

Antoinette Young
An amazing young woman! A traumatic gang rape at the age of 14, your strength and courage to work through it and put them inside and tell your story shows your strength of character. I wish her all the best in the future.
Midnights_Darling -The Emo Kittie
I'm not going to lie I didn't like this book. I don't know what it was but I had a lot of trouble connecting with the author and didn't quite understand the way she went about dealing with her troubles. I was constantly left feeling frustrated by her decision and annoyed by her immaturity.

I have read a lot of books surrounding these 'child abuse' , 'rape'..ect subjects and I can always understand the reasons why they lashed out or rebelled but when this girl first got raped she couldn't even wor
Anne
Jul 27, 2012 Anne rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
the courage of Tegan to survive and then fight to get justice is inspriring. For a girl so young to have gone through so much to come out the other side, strong, wiser and so caring for others who have shared a similar experience is inspirtational. Tegan is half my age and yet I could never have written a book so honestly raw and real. A huge congratulations and much success in everything you undertake your already a winner
Deb Bodinnar
A very brave young lady writing about what must have been a horrific time of her life. Full points to her for getting her story out there and hopefully young girls will read this and realise what can happen. You never think that things like this would happen to you, but as Tegan found out, it can, and it did. The only down side of the book was I found it a little repetitive, but definitely worth the read.
Dawn
Oct 20, 2012 Dawn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: true-life
This book is just fabulous. Tegan's strength and incredible resilience in facing her ordeal of rape by multiple attackers and the aftermath is inspiring and uplifting. She shows clear insight into rape not being a racial issue but rather a violence issue. The book shows how the justice system is brutal and unforgiving towards victims, leaving them with the feeling that they have been "raped" by the system. Highly recommended.
Amanda Cassidy
May 03, 2012 Amanda Cassidy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

This is a really good book, it must have been really hard to write this, such a brave young lady
Dalys
Rhi1981
Rhi1981 rated it liked it
Aug 28, 2009
Marie Nicol
Marie Nicol rated it it was amazing
Mar 31, 2016
Nicole
Nicole rated it liked it
Jul 11, 2012
Jess
Jess rated it it was amazing
Aug 04, 2012
Annette
Annette rated it it was amazing
May 24, 2013
Sharlzie
Sharlzie rated it liked it
Nov 13, 2012
Chantel
Chantel rated it really liked it
Feb 22, 2015
Jessica Dodds
Jessica Dodds rated it it was amazing
Jan 13, 2014
Lauren Windsor
Lauren Windsor rated it really liked it
Apr 28, 2012
Kellie
Kellie rated it liked it
Jan 10, 2015
Fiona
Fiona rated it really liked it
Aug 29, 2016
Andrée
Andrée rated it it was ok
Jun 26, 2009
Orlagh
Orlagh rated it really liked it
May 31, 2013
Debbie X
Debbie X rated it really liked it
Dec 23, 2012
Katie
Katie rated it liked it
Dec 21, 2016
Allison Powell
Allison Powell rated it it was amazing
Jul 07, 2013
Earlk
Earlk rated it liked it
Mar 28, 2011
Sarah Lisle
Sarah Lisle rated it really liked it
May 13, 2013
Jessica
Jessica rated it liked it
May 18, 2016
Jess
Jan 05, 2011 Jess rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very good
Bri
Bri rated it liked it
Jan 04, 2012
Sophie Armstrong
Sophie Armstrong rated it liked it
Jun 21, 2015