Start by marking “Never Trust a Sorcerer (Trust, #1)” as Want to Read:
Never Trust a Sorcerer (Trust, #1)

Never Trust a Sorcerer (Trust #1)

At the behest of her brother, Lady Serra Bloodmoon turns to the feared Dretho the Mage for a cure to her horrid nightmares. As news reaches her that her brother has been murdered, and her sister, kidnapped, she returns to Moondale with a mission. Knowing that taking the Bloodmoon Brigade would mean her sister's demise, she embarks alone only to find help in a handsome ...more
Published September 17th 2011 by Createspace

To ask other readers questions about Never Trust a Sorcerer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Never Trust a Sorcerer

Karen
Feb 03, 2012 Karen rated it it was amazing
An amazing first novel! Characters to make you seethe, to make you laugh, to make you cheer for and scream at... This novel has it all. The is the first "first novel" that I have read in a long time that took surprising twists. Just when I had it all figured out, wham, another direction. A wonderful story with so much yet to follow! I have the second novel of the "Trust" series and am excited to see where it leads. On Bloodmoon Brigade!!!
A.B. England
May 03, 2016 A.B. England rated it really liked it
What chance does a twenty-something young woman have at stopping a crazed sorcerer from enslaving the world? That’s the question L. R. Barrett-Durham poses in this fantasy adventure.

What ensues is an action packed adventure with a touch of romance. Barrett-Durham does an excellent job of laying out her world, cultures, and characters. The plot is a strong one, and her heroine is compelling.

There are a few technical things that pop up here and there, as is to be expected with an author’s first no
Courtney
I loved this book. It took you on journey that was not as straight forward as you thought. There were twists and turns that made you hang on to every word and left you wanting more. I had to make sure I had books 2 and 3 readily available, so when I was finished with the first I could continued the story. I can not wait to see what is in store for the people of Moondale and the friends and enemies they have made.
Phillip Drayer Duncan
Jul 07, 2013 Phillip Drayer Duncan rated it it was amazing
Dretho and Hildvar were my favorite characters from the gate so I may be a little biased haha. What I really liked about this book is that at first it seems like it's going to be a typical epic fantasy, but then L.R. Barrett-Durham takes an awesome twist that makes it unique. This was one of the best epic fantasy books I've read in a long time. Also, did I mention I really liked Dretho and Hildvar?
Martin Powell
Apr 18, 2014 Martin Powell rated it it was amazing
L.R. Barrett-Durham is a world-builder in the tradition of Piers Anthony, R.A. Salvatore, and Edgar Rice Burroughs. The fact that NEVER TRUST A SORCERER is the author's first published novel makes her achievement all the more remarkable. Vivid characters, epic action, passions in a grand almost Shakespearean intensity, the book is a magical page-turner of betrayal, vengeance, and ultimate love. Highly recommended.
Shiva415
Shiva415 rated it it was ok
Nov 03, 2013
Kristina
Kristina rated it it was amazing
Feb 05, 2012
Laura Peterson
Laura Peterson rated it really liked it
Jul 30, 2014
Derek Spraker
Derek Spraker rated it really liked it
Apr 24, 2014
Joseph Julian
Joseph Julian rated it it was amazing
Dec 04, 2012
Jarl Balgruuf
Jarl Balgruuf rated it really liked it
Jan 02, 2015
T. L.
T. L. rated it it was amazing
Mar 28, 2012
David Lanyon
David Lanyon rated it liked it
Sep 15, 2013
Jabbman42
Jabbman42 rated it it was amazing
Mar 22, 2012
Dallas Vinson
Dallas Vinson rated it it was amazing
Nov 13, 2012
Pamela Martin
Pamela Martin rated it did not like it
Oct 04, 2014
E.G.
E.G. rated it it was amazing
Feb 04, 2012
Mary
Mary rated it it was amazing
Jul 23, 2015
Barrett-Durham and
Barrett-Durham and rated it it was amazing
Nov 21, 2012
L.R. Barrett-Durham
Feb 04, 2012 L.R. Barrett-Durham rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Dawn
Dawn added it
Feb 07, 2012
Lori Morrow
Lori Morrow marked it as to-read
Nov 22, 2012
Connie
Connie marked it as to-read
Nov 25, 2012
James Manthey
James Manthey is currently reading it
Jan 16, 2013
Lindsey
Lindsey marked it as to-read
Apr 27, 2013
Julie Fulmer
Julie Fulmer marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2013
Patience Wolfeheart
Patience Wolfeheart marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2013
Taryn
Taryn marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2013
Elizabeth
Elizabeth marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2013
Terri
Terri marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2013
Petra Eichlerová
Petra Eichlerová marked it as to-read
Aug 01, 2013
Crystal Cooper
Crystal Cooper marked it as to-read
Aug 30, 2013
Lovely Primrose
Lovely Primrose marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2014
Donovan Dearment
Donovan Dearment marked it as to-read
Nov 08, 2013
Heather Sartin
Heather Sartin marked it as to-read
Dec 17, 2013
Jennifer Reynolds
Jennifer Reynolds marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2014
David
David marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2014
Christin Kaminski
Christin Kaminski is currently reading it
Jun 04, 2014
Jolene
Jolene marked it as to-read
Apr 30, 2014
Kendall Dean
Kendall Dean marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2014
Paul
Paul added it
Jan 29, 2015
WolfeVII
WolfeVII marked it as to-read
Jan 02, 2015
KellyJo
KellyJo marked it as to-read
Jan 05, 2016
Paula
Paula marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2016
Ian Donnelly
Ian Donnelly marked it as to-read
Jan 29, 2016

L R Barrett-Durham is taking the reading world by storm with over half a dozen novels varying in genres of epic fantasy, paranormal romance, sci-fi romance, horror, and even an illustrated children's book.

A native of North Alabama, she's a "Jane-of-all-Trades" in the arts, as well as writing, and is best known for her Geeky Stained Glass, a nerdy twist on an old world trade.

Chat with her on Facebo
More about L.R. Barrett-Durham...

Trust (3 books)
  • Always Trust Your Honor (Trust, #2)
  • Forever Trust Your Aim (Trust, #3)

“Do not underestimate me. If you wish to stop, then stop, but you committed yourself to blows when you made your way into the room." ~Serra Bloodmoon, Never Trust a Sorcerer” 1 likes
“If he don' get us killed on this little trip, I'll eat me beard." Captain Gnarl Knottytrunk, Never Trust a Sorcerer” 1 likes