Start by marking “Make It Happen, A Healthy, Competitive Approach to Achieving Personal Success (3 Off the Tee, #2)” as Want to Read:
Open Preview read ebook

Make It Happen, A Healthy, Competitive Approach to Achieving Personal Success (3 Off the Tee #2)

4.19 of 5 stars 4.19  ·  rating details  ·  64 ratings  ·  26 reviews
36 Time Award Winning Book Series
15 Time Award Winning Book

Make it Happen by Lorii Myers follows her first book, Targeting Success, in her 3 Off the Tee series. Being a golf fanatic, the analogies she uses make her books fun and sports-oriented, and in her latest guide, which promotes a healthy, competitive approach to achieving personal success, she tells you to visualize...more
Published March 1st 2012 by LEDA PUBLISHING CORP.

Be the first to ask a question about Make It Happen, A Healthy, Competitive Approach to Achieving Personal Success

The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen R. CoveyEvery Silver Lining Has a Cloud by Scott StevensThe Secret by Rhonda ByrneHow to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale CarnegieThink and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill
Best Self Help Books
38th out of 498 books — 728 voters
Make It Happen, A Healthy, Competitive Approach to Achieving ... by Lorii MyersHow to Stop Worrying and Start Living by Dale CarnegieTargeting Success, Develop the Right Business Attitude to be ... by Lorii MyersThe 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen R. CoveyExcuses Begone! How to Change Lifelong, Self-Defeating Thinki... by Wayne W. Dyer
Best Books on Burnout
1st out of 21 books — 20 voters

More lists with this book...

Mona Abbas
3 Off the Tee: Make it Happen
an easy to read book, smooth, simply written yet with interesting ways to help one focus, set goals, and practice implenting plans to reach goals.
No one can help us if we do not choose and focus on helping ourselves, this book is good for referring to everytime one feels like he or she is loosing track or loosing motivation to move on.
I read through the book, but I know I will at times in the future need to refer back to it.
I recommend this book for everyone,,those...more
Marcia
This is a practical book that both teaches and delights readers. The author equates life to a golf game. Although not everyone who reads it is a golfer, almost everyone has some basic golf knowledge. The author stresses that self-awareness is a continual process. By striving to know one's dreams, aspirations, and talents, the challenges to success become evident, and almost everyone can improve situations. I won this book, but I liked it so much that I bought two additonal copies to give to frie...more
Larry
I received this book as a First Reads win. Having read Zig Ziglar, Steven Covey, and others, and using the What Matters Most planner system, I found 3 Off the Tee: Make It Happen an enjoyable read. The points made and the analogies to a game of golf make the concepts easy to relate to and gave me several "now that's a great way to think about that." I plan to re-read this book with a highlighter and quick tabs to better incorporate concepts into my thought processes. Thanks for a great win.
Billie
I wasn't sure I could get into a book like this but I'm always willing to try.

And I'm really happy I did as did as this book is a little gem.

What it did for me is give me some clues to self improvement while confirming some of what I had already done.

Having short chapters meant I could get through them done fairly quickly and then move on to another idea in the next chapter.

Some of the material and ideas I knew about and others were an aha moment.

All in all I rate it highly
Charlotte Kemp
I won Make it Happen! I was delighted and having already read the first book in the series I was curious as to what this book was about.

Although this book stands alone, it reinforces the first book, Targeting Success. It is a very enjoyable read. Inspirational and motivational. There are great stories about "real people" making it happen, each in their own way.

It offers great direction and insite.

A spunky fresh approach to succeeding in life!
Jill
What to say? What to say!

Positive urgency resounds in my head.

I finished this book a week ago and I am still thinking about it.

Definately a book to read and reread.

My favorite quote:

"Once you figure out what you want in life -- expect nothing less."

Brett Marshall
Lorii Ziglar Myers!

This book will remain in my permanent library while others come and go.

Although very different from Zig Ziglar in writing style, Lorii Myers is a positive great thinker and this is evident in her writing.

She is quickly ramping up with her new "3 Off the Tee" series: motivational, inspirational, dynamic, and fresh!

I've now read this book twice. I love the "real life" stories and I have noticed, by reading through the second time, I absorbed some information I had missed the f...more
Christine
It's great to read something that inpires me to actually want to better myself. I think I have been on the right track, but I got very motivated when I read this book. I was constantly flipping back and forth while reading because I could see how information in one chapter related to something I had read a few chapters back. This has been some well-spent time for me.

I will likely re-read this book or parts of it several times so that I can get the most out of it. There are alot of good suggestio...more
Jim Serger
What a great book on how to look at big huge task and how to break it down, so the task can be accomplished. Lorii does a great job at tying in her real life stories and applying them to the theme of the book. She shares with us through 18 holes, how any project can be tackled head on when we look for small outlets--a great read, and I am going to grab her 3 Off The Tee: Success next.
Richard Biggs
A lot of people should read this book. The author uses a golf analogy to basically tell us that we can control our life, energy, evolution and future. If that's what you want to believe, then by all means this is the book to help you achieve that goal. Golf is a game of concentrating your desires on the moment, and as the author so expertly states, so is life.
Babble Hartman James
Aside from the fact that I LOVE GOLF, I really like the concept of incorporating a healthy, competitive approach to success into day-to-day life.

A great read!
Ryan Walsh
3 Off The Tee Make It Happen, what an exceptional read. The author Lorii Myers has such insite and positive attitude towards reaching your goals. She has managed to capture the essence of success and break it down in a manor to which it can appeal to anyone from the student straight out of school to the seasoned executive that is just looking for their next challenge. Lorii has made this book so captivating by including some of her own success stories as well as real life tales of others she has...more
Kim Heimbuch
I despise golf and I had to chuckle to myself when I received this book and I instantly started to judge the book by the cover, something I am constantly harping on others never to do!

Lorii Myers has put together a brilliant and intense resource guide to help people, such as myself, to achieve personal success. She makes it easy to understand and follow along while using frequent bullet style points in her book which I felt kept the flow going.

You can tell that Lorii is very knowledgeable abo

Lisa
Jan 29, 2012 Lisa rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: anyone ready to make a change in their life
When I first got this, I thought it was going to take me forever to read, because it would be another boring self-help book. Having read it all the way through (in less than 2 weeks!) I found out it is a pretty good book! I have been inspired to look at my own life and make a few changes (for the better). It will take some time, but I can do it! Thanks, Lorii! :)

I recieved this book through the Goodreads first reads program.
Francine
I'm not a golfer and know nothing about the game but wanted to read this book anyway. A true indicator of a good author is if they can help someone to understand a concept they have no knowledge of and Ms. Myers does just that here. She draws good analogies between golf and business making the book an easy and entertaining read. I truly enjoyed it!
Ashley
An easy to read book with lots of positive words of wisdom to get you motivated about your life. I would like to take some of her bold statements and put them up around me =)
Benny
Nov 06, 2012 Benny added it
loved it
Fred Hughes
This review is based on a copy of the book which I received free from the Publisher through the Goodreads First Reads program.

In the Authors second 3 Off the Tee book she moves from Business Success to Personal Success. Something which I believe has to precede business success.

She walks us through 18 chapters titled as the 18 holes on a golf course.

The front half of the book (Holes 1 to 9) are about mentally preparing for success. As you may already know if you don’t prepare yourself mentally fo...more
Re
If any book is a "keeper", this one is it. Yes, I KNOW...lots of business and positive-as-well as encouraging books out there. This one is DYNAMITE "FOR-ME".
I used to play a lot of golf with hubby, and luv'd the game. Still luve it but my back doesn't. sigh! Our sons play golf though. One doesn't HAVE-TO play or even know HOW-TO play to enjoy this clever application of ideas through the "holes" of the game of golf. Spectacular!
GREAT and fantastic number of memorable 'quotes', as well. I HIGHLY...more
Leo
I'm not a big golfer, and often golfing has the opposite effect of rather that calming me down, it usually frustrates me. So I thought, "Why not?" I should give this book a try.
3 Off the the Tee has many tips and helpful hints, to improve your golf gmae and relax while doing it. I haven't had an opportunity to try out the tips as it is now winter, and there is snow on the gold course. But I look forward to trying out some of the tips that were suggested in this book to see if they work :) Simpl...more
Emily (Heinlen) Davis
Things I liked: This book contains an interesting concept. I like how the author tied the concept of personal success to golf. It makes it more accessible to those with a sports mind.

Things I didn't like: I hate it when words break across the lines. Unfortunately, I'm not a sports person, so I generally just found the book to be confusing.
Yvonne Stegall
I am not really a competitive person, but I did like the approach this book takes at helping people to succeed. Thanks Goodreads for the free read! (received the book for free through Goodreads First Reads)
Haan
I could not get into the book. I was trying out a new type of book to read and this one was not for me. I did like how she used the golf game as references and thoughts.
Lynne
Dec 31, 2011 Lynne marked it as to-read
I won this book for free through Goodreads First Reads. Thank you.
Matt
Not a great read. Not terrible, but not great.
Dee
Mar 29, 2012 Dee marked it as to-read
I won this book as a Goodreads First Read.
Nicole
Nicole marked it as to-read
Oct 19, 2014
Rickie
Rickie marked it as to-read
Oct 14, 2014
Matt Mullins
Matt Mullins marked it as to-read
Oct 13, 2014
Mollshree
Mollshree marked it as to-read
Oct 10, 2014
  • Good in a Room: How to Sell Yourself (and Your Ideas) and Win Over Any Audience
  • Thinking Strategically: The Competitive Edge in Business, Politics, and Everyday Life
  • Tin Soldier (Seven Halos, #2)
  • Wizard of Ads
  • The Ten-Day MBA : A Step-By-Step Guide To Mastering The Skills Taught In America's Top Business Schools
  • Impossible Is Stupid
  • Cosmic Ordering Guide
  • Zombie Tag
  • The Spiritual Secrets of Happiness Health and Success
  • Fraternity: In 1968, a visionary priest recruited 20 black men to the College of the Holy Cross and changed their lives and the course of history.
  • Maximum Achievement: Strategies and Skills that Will Unlock Your Hidden Powers to Succeed
  • The Secrets of Consulting: A Guide to Giving and Getting Advice Successfully
  • Overachievement: The New Science of Working Less to Accomplish More
  • Launching a Leadership Revolution: Mastering the Five Levels of Influence
  • Jeffrey Gitomer's Little Black Book of Connections: 6.5 Assets for Networking Your Way to Rich Relationships
  • The Coincidence Engine
  • The Start-Up of You: Adapt to the Future, Invest in Yourself, and Transform Your Career
  • Obedience
36 Time Award Winning Author

An empowered employee turned entrepreneur, Lorii Myers has more than three decades of top flight business experience that encompasses a wide variety of careers, challenges including senior manager, controller, business owner, and award-winning author. With the belief that the right attitude is everything, she carefully details the mental and physical makeover strategies...more
More about Lorii Myers...
Targeting Success, Develop the Right Business Attitude to be Successful in the Workplace (3 Off the Tee, #1) No Excuses, The Fit Mind-Fit Body Strategy Book (3 Off the Tee, #3)

“Sometimes not getting what you want is a brilliant stroke of luck.” 43 likes
“It's sometimes easier to help others rather than helping yourself. The trick is to listen to your "self" as a friend. This may be the simplest change you ever make in life, with the biggest impact.” 37 likes