Baby's Little Bible: Blue Edition

Baby's Little Bible: Blue Edition

4.79 of 5 stars 4.79  ·  rating details  ·  14 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Asimple retelling of 20 favorite Bible stories,beautifullypackaged specificallyfor littleboysIn this beautifully repackaged blue gift edition of Sarah Toulmin's The Baby Bible, stories run the full religious historicalrangefrom creation to the resurrection and are filled with a charming sense of wonder, expressing God's love for creation. Combined with heartwarming illustr...more
Published November 1st 2011 by Lion Hudson (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Baby's Little Bible, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Baby's Little Bible

Melanie
I just love gifting books for special occassions. There seems to be a book for every person out there. My very favorite book to gift is a Bible. This precious little bible for baby's is perfect for giving to a new Mom and Dad for their little one, or giving to a baby for their 1st birthday. My Grandma has a tradition of gifting her great grandchildren with Bibles for their first baby and I love that!
This Bible is a padded hard back book coming in blue and pink. The pages are thicker, but not boa...more
Title: BABY’S LITTLE BIBLE
Retold by: Sarah Toulmin
Illustrations by: Kristina Stephenson
Publisher: Lion Children’s
November 2011
ISBN: 978-0745962719
Genre: Inspirational/children’s story Bible

BABY’S LITTLE BIBLE is a collection of Bible stories, simply told with colorful images, that is sure to hold your baby’s interest while you read him or her some of the Bible stories.

The book, which comes in either a blue cover or a pink cover, is divided up into Old Testament stories and New Testament stories...more
Sara
I have started requesting more children's books to review lately, and my daughter has definitely enjoyed it! I have, too, since it gives me more of a variety to read to her.

The sentences in these stories are simple, and the words would be easy to read for a beginning reader. My 2 ½-year-old daughter liked the pictures in this book. They are brightly colored, and they are cartoon-like, but not so much so that they look weird.

This is not an in-depth children's Bible (and there are no Bible refer...more
Brenda
"Baby's Little Bible" is an eye catching book of Bible stories that is sure to capture baby's attention. This is a book that actually comes in blue or pink, and for me I just love the soft feel of the cover, while it is a hardback book, it has a soft cushy feel that little hands will just love.
This little book is divided in two sections, Old Testament stories and New Testament stories. The Old Testament section is at the beginning of the book and consists of nine stories, which are about God who...more
Ibjoy1953
My Thoughts on this little Bible!

Baby’s Little Bible, by Sarah Toulmin

I love Bibles of all kinds, and what a special little Bible to give as a give to a newborn! Because then is when we should start teaching our children about God.

In this Bible, the author chose some of the more known Bible stories for little ones. Some of those include: Creation; Noah and the Flood; David and Goliath; Jonah and the Whale; Daniel and the Lion’s Den; Jesus Feeding the Five Thousand; Jesus Calming the Storm; Jesus...more
Mymcbooks
Dec 05, 2011 Mymcbooks rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Families

My Review: This is a cute baby’s little bible story book for kids ages 3-8 years old. This book shares the wonderful word of God, His love and power from the creation of the world in the old testament to the resurrenation of Jesus Christ in the new testament. You will find that these stories are engaging and easy to read that your child won’t want you to stop but read every story. From
This book has 160 pages and is the appropriate gift from a parent to their child. This version of the bible is...more
Tammy
The Baby's Little Bible was first published in 2006, written by new mom, Sarah Toulmin, as a way of sharing the stories she loved with her own little ones. Her sweet, simple retellings of 20 favorite Bible stories, from Creation to the Resurrection, are filled with a child's wonder that expresses God's love for His creation. The lovely, colorful illustrations are carefully drawn by Kristina Stephenson.
We really like the story on page 62, The Big Fish. Of course, we laughed at Jonah when the big...more
Writerrani
I thought this was a wonderful Bible for babies and toddlers. It was similar to a small Bible when I was younger. I think this Bible would be a perfect baby gift and it could be used as the child gets older. I do think the word, “Baby’s,” could be removed though, so it could be focused on toddlers as well.

Kristina Stephenson did a wonderful job with the illustrations. They supplemented the text and were very simple for babies and young children.

I highly recommend this Bible to parents or anybody...more
Theresa
There is really no other word to describe this story Bible than precious. Unlike many of the other baby's Bibles I have seen, this one is to be used, read to, and understood by your sweet baby as he/she grows up. The illustrations are beautifully done, and will hold your little one's interest as you read the simple prose of some of our most beloved Bible stories.

As your baby grows older, it can be used as their own book to read from, something like "The Beginner's Bible". This is a book that wil...more
Jacque Stengel
A very simple story book that a new reader could pick up and read on their own with very little problems, but the book is really geared for the youngest among us. The pictures are bright and colorful and sure to catch many youngsters eyes. The stories are told with a lot of action and fun words like crash, thud, scritch, hiccup and many more. Very entertaining to read aloud and keep a baby's attention. I can see this being a tool for the 2 year old crowd to learn more about God's stories and get...more
This is a beautiful Bible for the baby in your life whether it’s your own, a nephew, grand child – this will be something that will be treasured because of it’s timeless character and the well done craftsmanship. It is a hard covered Bible with a slightly puffy feeling and that makes it feel baby-ish. Child like illustrations grace the pages of these Bible stories and help keep the child’s attention focused on the page. With only a few words per page and each story under 5 minutes this Bible wil...more
Babs
This is the cutest bible. I am giving this to my 2 year old for Christmas. We read through it together a few days ago and he couldn't stop staring at the pictures while I read. This is a great book for children starting out. I wish I had this for my 2 oldest when they were young. Hopefully it will last for my 1 year old when it is time if not I will buy one. This would make a great gift anytime.

I received this book from Kregal Publication for an honest review.
Jennifer Harley lucas
Jennifer Harley lucas marked it as to-read
Aug 15, 2013
Roba
Roba added it
May 22, 2013
Baby Bible Baby's Little Bible and Prayers Baby Prayers Meine erste Bibel / Mein erstes Gebetbuch The Baby Girl Bible