Start by marking “Ghouls Just Haunt to Have Fun (Ghost Hunter Mystery, #3)” as Want to Read:
Ghouls Just Haunt to Have Fun (Ghost Hunter Mystery, #3)

Ghouls Just Haunt to Have Fun (Ghost Hunter Mystery #3)

4.06  ·  Rating Details  ·  4,132 Ratings  ·  197 Reviews
7 hours 59 mins
Audiobook, Unabridged
Published January 22nd 2010 by Audible Inc (first published March 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Ghouls Just Haunt to Have Fun, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ghouls Just Haunt to Have Fun

Kate
Jul 18, 2009 Kate rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Oct 24, 2009 Jennifer rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: GhostHunter Fans
The third in the series and I am still really enjoying them.

In this episode (cue organ music) M.J. and Gilley are off to San Francisco to participate on a Bravo T.V. Show on psychics. They of course are staying at The Duke Hotel - the most haunted hotel in San Francisco, so to say that there are shenanigans aplenty would be an understatement. Add to this mix: murder, haunted items, fake psychics and horny T.V. producers - and you got yourself a story.

I think the series hit a turning point in i
Sandie
Nov 20, 2014 Sandie rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: those who enjoy mysteries featuring psychics and mediums
Recommended to Sandie by: John at Murder by the Book
Gilley Gillespie, the technical side of the partnership of Gilley with MJ Holliday, a psychic medium, had a new idea to make them big bucks and get some free advertising on the side. Hollywood had called with the idea of a sort of haunted Antiques Roadshow to be broadcast on their favorite cable network, Bravo. Gilley is totally excited about the idea, MJ says no way, and their business partner and former client, Dr. Steven Sable was already packed. After much deliberation and discussion, the th ...more
Kimberly Ann
M.J. Holliday is back and in San Francisco, in a old haunted hotel, set up for a t.v. program by her business partner & childhood friend Gilley. Three other psychics are brought in, two at the last minute who happen to be frauds....

Arriving at the hotel just as the body of a young woman is being removed from the sidewalk, M.J. talks to the Detective and convinces him (through talking with the ghost of the deceased) that a murder has occurred.

From there the plot thickens and becomes spookier
Riccarla Roman
Jul 27, 2010 Riccarla Roman rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love Victoria Laurie's books whether it's Abby Cooper Psychic Eye or M. J. Holliday Ghost Hunter. This is an M. J. book and really scary but fun.

M. J. gets snookered into appearing on a reality show - a haunted Antiques Roadshow - where she and three other psychics will examine objects to see if they are evil or not. She doesn't want to do it, but her best friend/business partner Gil has already signed the contracts. With her boyfriend, Steven, in tow, they fly off to San Francisco to the most
Myhotstylist
Sep 01, 2010 Myhotstylist rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the 3rd installment of Victoria Laurie's Ghost Hunter Mysteries. It it by far the best in the series. M.J. has agreed to go on a Tv show in San Fransisco to bust haunted items, like old tea pots and the like. As soon as she arrives at the hotel named "The Duke" (the worlds most haunted hotel) she comes across a fresh murder crime scene. Now she faces many ghosts inside the hotel, who turn out to be good for piecing clues together to solve the crime... as well as a knife that releases a d ...more
Shazza Maddog
Poonam
Really enjoyed reading this. With the setting of a haunted hotel it had many different ghosts and their background story. Some moments were really scary (view spoiler) and the concept of knife is interesting (view spoiler)
Amber
May 10, 2013 Amber rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My crack series. At least this is what I call it. Like I've said before I don't know why I get so sucked into these books. I just can't stop reading them. I gotta know what happens! In this book MJ gets invited to do some readings for a show called Haunted Possessions. She is VERY leary about doing it. Because she doesn't want to exploit her talent. Her and fellow psychic Heath have to sharpen their skills when one of the objects, a knife, turns out to be a portal that releases a nasty demon in ...more
Valerie
May 02, 2016 Valerie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-read-2016
Book 3 of the Ghost Hunter Mystery by Victoria Laurie was by far the scariest one I have read thus far! A haunted hotel- after watching The Shining I cannot look at hotels the same way again!- and our ghost hunters battling it out with the meanest demons.
The plot occurs with Gilley signing M.J. up for a T.V. show that will feature her and other mediums to decipher the whereabouts/messages from beyond the grave from items left behind by said ghosties. At first what seemed to be a silly and harml
Lauri Saplad
I love M.J. She is so quirky and funny, but strong at the same time. This story tells how she met up with Gopher and and Heath and embarked upon her career on Ghoul Getters, a new show on Bravo. If only it were a real show! Gilley and M.J. Are as hysterical as ever together. Gotta love the characterization. You feel as thought you've known they forever... It's also cool how she can speak t o spirits and help them cross over to the other side. Wonder if the magnet thing really works, though...
Liza Gilbert
I love the fun of Laurie's paranormal novels. They are light, fluffy, and pure entertainment. However, the character of M.J. is getting a little mean and rhymes-with-itchy. It's getting hard to care whether good or bad things happen to her. Also, it's getting increasingly apparent that Laurie really has made no discernible distinction between the character in the Ghost Hunter Mysteries and Abby Cooper of the Psychic Eye series. That said, I enjoy the fun of them.
Sheila Carsins
Feb 19, 2016 Sheila Carsins rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Ever paranormal fan
Recommended to Sheila Carsins by: I found it.
I highly recommend any of Victoria Laurie's books on the "M.J.Holliday," series, and the Abbey Cooper," series, particularly if you have any interest in the paranormal. There's some very good lessons and advice on what can go go wrong if you dabble in the occult or paranormal. There are also many helpful bits of advice and protective, proactive, advice on ways to protect, and counteract various energies.

I thought that this book was fantastic. I love that M.J.'s, best friend, is also the most lik
annapi
Feb 07, 2016 annapi rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery, paranormal
Ghostbuster MJ Holliday and her partner Gilley Gillespie have a new gig - Gilley has gotten MJ on a new cable TV show that features paranormal investigators checking out objects that might be haunted. Because they need the money, MJ reluctantly agrees, but gets more than they bargained for when someone brings in a dagger that is a portal for a demon, who is now loose in the haunted hotel where they are staying. The demon is powerful enough to take temporary possession of people, and MJ soon find ...more
SouthWestZippy
This one was a real nail biter. Loved the storyline and the well developed characters. A TV show is born and a hotel is needing some ghost cleared out. M. L., Gilley, Steven and a new character Heath are tested at every corner. I can't wait for the next book.
Ashley Ehlers
Oct 09, 2015 Ashley Ehlers rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: tbr

Originally posted on Paranormal Sisters: http://paranormalsisters.blogspot.com...

It was so easy to fall back into this world, especially with Gilley's antics haha. He is by far one of my favorite characters, he is definitely the comedy relief during M.J.'s stressful times. And boy were there some stressful times as there was a ghost at almost every corner, it even had Gilley's greedy mouth clamp up tight from fear. But what did you expect when you're staying at a haunted hotel that's being renov
Kim Bishop
Jan 20, 2016 Kim Bishop rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What kind of blurb is that??!! It just doesn't say much does it.....well let me tell you! M.J. is roped into taking a job in San Francisco where she will be doing readings on items that people think are haunted or possessed. The kicker is she will be filmed with an audience and working with three other psychics. The one thing I didn't mention is how Gilley, M.J.'s best friend, signed her up for it without asking her first!! After a lot of yelling and arm twisting, M.J. finally comes to terms wit ...more
Drebbles
Jun 13, 2013 Drebbles rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2009
Gilley Gillespie is always looking for ways to find business for his best friend, ghost buster M.J. Holliday, so he is quick to sign her up for a TV show that is a kind of haunted Antiques Road Show. M.J. agrees to go on the show thinking she would just be looking at haunted possessions, but before she knows it she is wrapped up in a murder investigation, staying at a haunted hotel, and trying to get rid of an evil knife that contains a demon. It is going to take all that M.J. and fellow medium ...more
Julie H.
Another fun entry in the M.J. Holliday "Ghost Hunter" series, however the back of the book detracts from the overall quality of the book:
When M.J. agrees to use her paranormal abilities on a new TV show called Haunted Possessions, she hopes her gift will not be expolited. Neither M.J. nor her fellow medium Seth realizes how much they'll need to sharpen their psychic skills when one of the objects--a knife--turns out to open a portal that releases a demon.
Unfortunately, the "fellow medium's" nam
Chibineko
Joanne
This was the third book I've read in this series, and let me just say that now I'm even more afraid of the dark. The problem is that I finally read the back of the book where it says that Victoria Laurie is a practicing psychic medium in real life. Does that mean that the things that happen in her book could possibly be real? Squeak!

In this book Gilley, M. J.'s primary partner, has snookered her into appearing on a new reality TV show being filmed in San Francisco called "Haunted Possessions," a
Linda Smatzny
This is the third book in the Ghost Hunter Mystery series. This time M.J.Holliday and her two friends,Gilley and Steven, have a TV show in San Francisco to do. The premise of the show is to see if everyday objects give off vibes. While there M.J. meets a fellow medium, Heath who also has the ability to talk to spirits. However the job turns into much more as people start getting killed, people are being taken over and everything bad seems to be happening. The book was a quick easy read.
Becca  Wagner
I didn't like this one as much as the first two. While it had some spooky points, I was never on the edge of my seat like I was with the others. I like some of the Ghost's back stories but it felt a little rushed with others and almost felt like how many ghost can M.J save in one book? I wish she had focused more on just two of them, telling more of their story. Gilly drove me crazy and due to a spoiler I accidentally read from a book further down the series, I have to admit I am having a hard t ...more
Teresa
4 stars
This is the #3 book in the Ghost Hunters Mystery series. I would recommend reading them in order but it is not absolutely necessary.

This is a scarey cozy mystery. A really scarey cozy mystery. The whole series so far is well written. The writing flows and the plot is easy to not only follow but easy to get lost in. (I sat down to start this book and got up 3 hours later when I finished it) The characters are realistic and very likable. I could and would be good friends with the MC M. J.
Julia
Mar 10, 2014 Julia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the first book in the Ghost Hunter Mystery series that I have read. I have read several in the author's Psychic Eye series, and have always enjoyed those.

I thought M.J. and Gilley were likable characters. The mystery surrounding the dagger was interesting, and kept me guessing until the very end. I liked the character of Heath, the fellow ghost hunter. He will make a good addition to the series, and I hope they keep him around.
Ashley
Dec 23, 2015 Ashley rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The mystery was interesting, but I didn't really enjoy this one as much as the other two. It just seemed a lot more far-fetched & certain things about Ghost-Busting seem to have been tacked on.

Gilley has started to annoy me as well. Kind of wishing he'd be fired, tbqh.

But it was still a fairly entertaining read. I'll check out the next in the series, but this book has pretty much dampened my enthusiasm.
Fiona Murray
Sep 20, 2015 Fiona Murray rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the second book in this series that I've read,and yes I've read them or if order, but the more I read of this series the more I want! The story had something for most people,a little mystery, romance and danger that had me wanting to turn the page and find out what happened next! And what can I say, I really love book about ghosts or the supernatural that isn't out to give you nightmares fire the next month!
Anderson's Bookshops
Kathleen said: "Ok, I know that it looks like a nice piece of "brain candy" but this was one of the scariest books I've read. And I made the mistake of reading it night. Needless to say I slept with the lights on that night.

Kathleen

MJ is back with her faithful side-kicks Gil and Steven. Unfortunately, without her approval, Gil has signed MJ up to participate in a reality tv show (think John Edwards meets Antique Roadshow) filming in San Francisco. Their stay is off to a rocky start when they arrive at the hotel to find
Kate
Mar 23, 2015 Kate rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: paranormal
I really enjoy the books by Victoria Laurie. She's a writer who can grab the reader’s attention and hold it with well-developed plots and charming characters. For a series about ghost busting, these books have so much more from haunted schools, ghost serial killers, poltergeist, art theft and murder. Also, the main characters sense of wanting to do what’s right no matter how dangerous it is for her just makes you admire her even more.
  • Devil May Ride (A Ghost Dusters Mystery, #2)
  • Where There's a Witch (A Bewitching Mystery, #5)
  • Tombs of Endearment (Pepper Martin, #3)
  • A Cast-Off Coven (A Witchcraft Mystery, #2)
  • The Witch Is Dead (Ophelia & Abby, #5)
  • Larceny And Lace (A Vintage Magic Mystery, #2)
  • Murder Under a Mystic Moon (A Chintz 'n China Mystery, #3)
  • You're the One That I Haunt (Nicki Styx, #3)
Victoria Laurie is the New York Times bestselling author of 30 books and counting. Victoria divides her time between her two adult mystery series, (The Psychic Eye Mysteries, and The Ghost Hunter Mysteries), and a Y/A thriller, When (Formerly titled Death Date), to be released in early January of 2015.

As a professional psychic, Victoria's protagonists - psychic Abigail Cooper, and spiritual medium
More about Victoria Laurie...

Ghost Hunter Mystery (10 books)
  • What's a Ghoul to Do? (Ghost Hunter Mystery, #1)
  • Demons are a Ghoul's Best Friend (Ghost Hunter Mystery, #2)
  • Ghouls Gone Wild (Ghost Hunter Mystery, #4)
  • Ghouls, Ghouls, Ghouls (Ghost Hunter Mystery, #5)
  • Ghoul Interrupted (Ghost Hunter Mystery, #6)
  • What a Ghoul Wants (Ghost Hunter Mystery, #7)
  • The Ghoul Next Door (Ghost Hunter Mystery, #8)
  • No Ghouls Allowed (Ghost Hunter Mystery, #9)
  • A Ghoul's Guide to Love and Murder (Ghost Hunter Mystery, #10)