Start by marking “Sachin Tendulkar-A Definitive Biography” as Want to Read:
Sachin Tendulkar-A Definitive Biography

Sachin Tendulkar-A Definitive Biography

3.77 of 5 stars 3.77  ·  rating details  ·  90 ratings  ·  14 reviews
Sachin Tendulkar: A Definitive Biography by Vaibhav Purandare is a book in which the author has attempted to highlight some special aspects about one of the greatest sportsperson in the world. The book talks about Sachin Tendulkar, the renowned Indian cricketer, and throws light on his professional and personal life. It also attempts to present the attributes of the past t ...more
Published 2005 by Lotus Roli

To ask other readers questions about Sachin Tendulkar-A Definitive Biography, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sachin Tendulkar-A Definitive Biography

Rohit Nair
More like a chronological telling of Sachin's cricket history, starting from school. Lots of theories added to the mix, but I fail to see how they enhance the book in any manner. A dry read, for the most part. The best part of the book is that as you read it, you relive Sachin's boundaries, wickets and centuries in your mind!
Hitesh
The chapters on his early life are a treat to read. There is so much in those that was not known to me and is pretty interesting and important to really upgrade the status of the GOD.
However soon after the initial years of his cricketing life were over, everything was known already. Perhaps because Sachin is such a public figure that nothing of his life could remain unknown. It was certainly a treat to relive all the innings and those special contests.
I will certainly read this again someday and
Prajot Joshi
The book I read was mainly covering the period till 2005. Although the author has added the happenings after that in his epilogue and extended it to 2010, it is a much shorter description of the period. Obviously, the book misses the world cup triumph of 2011 and the never before celebrated retirement of any sporting legend of 2013. I would love if the book is updated now to cover these crucial events. But overall, a fantastic read.
Nikhil
The book provides a good trip down memory lane especially if you are one of those early 80's kid who literally grew up alongside Sachin Tendulkar's career. But it offers only few things which you already didn't know about Sachin. That maybe because Sachin has always been in the public eye so much, that we already know a lot about him. The chapters on his early life are interesting in that aspect as they provide us insights into moulding of Sachin as a cricketer.

The book was written in 2005 with
Ashwini Kumar Sharma
Just the usual biography of God of cricket, will appeal to Sachin fans. Needed more new content.
Kabir Grewal
Excellent :)
Aoi
Biography written towards the later stages of Tendulkar's career. Some of the pivotal moments of his career including the 100th century, 200 ODI unbeaten runs, and World Cup win come later.
Could say, it is the hors d'oeuvre before the main course- if Tendulkar is of the mind to pen down his thoughts in another 5 years.
Praveen Kumar Garlapati
The book is a good read but I doubt if it is a definitive biography.

It definitely touches on the important moments in Sachin's knocks but I feel disappointed in it not having the trivia or personalised details of his life.

Nevertheless a book which a Sachin fan can enjoy.
Pardeep Mittal
Note bad, but exactly not what I expected from this book. It doesn't touch upon unknown facts about Tendulkar much, it presents whatever is there in media already.
Ajit Oke
As a tribute to the Master, read and enjoyed the defining moments of Indian Cricket (and also memories of growing up with Sachin :))
Venu Menon
Sep 12, 2012 Venu Menon is currently reading it
Good book.....especially if you are a die-hard fan of Sachin ! I am yet to finish the entire book....
Sanjiv
A little more coverage of his contemporaries and team mates would have made this a better read.
Sanjay Rao
Gets tiresome after 50 pages.

But, I did read it through. And like it.

Amarendra Bandla
extremely boring and too much of blabber.
Ryan
Ryan marked it as to-read
May 14, 2015
Rohit
Rohit marked it as to-read
May 07, 2015
Jasbir Sandhu
Jasbir Sandhu marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2015
Avishek Mukherjee
Avishek Mukherjee marked it as to-read
Mar 29, 2015
Prasun Ghosh
Prasun Ghosh marked it as to-read
Mar 23, 2015
Swastik Panda
Swastik Panda marked it as to-read
Mar 23, 2015
Hend Zamalkawia
Hend Zamalkawia marked it as to-read
Mar 17, 2015
Gunjan Sahni
Gunjan Sahni marked it as to-read
Mar 03, 2015
Ilias joy
Ilias joy marked it as to-read
Feb 12, 2015
AARTHY
AARTHY marked it as to-read
Jan 31, 2015
  • Narendra Modi: The Man, The Times
  • Slayer Of Kamsa
  • Thundergod - The Ascendance of Indra (The Vedic Trilogy, #1)
  • Arjuna: Saga of a Pandava Warrior-Prince
  • Around India in 80 Trains
  • The Indian Tycoon's Marriage Deal
  • The Wordkeepers (The Wordkeepers Trilogy, No. 1)
  • The Void Through the Human Body: The Spiritual Journey of One's Life
  • A Bank For The Buck, The Story Of HDFC Bank
  • Lines of Space: Source of Fundamental Forces and Constituent of All Matter in the Universe
  • Open Heart (Farsighted, #2)
  • Beloved Luna (Beloved #1)
  • The Evolution of Human Intellect: Discover the Information that Schools and Religions Aren't Yet Teaching
  • I'll Put 3 Chips on God - just in case there is one
  • Rahul Dravid: Timeless Steel
  • When Strangers meet..
  • Lashkar: Into the Heart of Terror
  • The Hunt for Kohinoor (Mehrunisa Trilogy, #2)
Sachin Tendulkar Sachin Tendulkar: The Definitive Biography. Vaibhav Purandare The Sena Story Bal Thackeray & The Rise of the Shiv Sena Kahe ko Byahi Bidesh ; Songs of Marriage from the Gangetic Plains