Start by marking “Sachin Tendulkar-A Definitive Biography” as Want to Read:
Sachin Tendulkar-A Definitive Biography

Sachin Tendulkar-A Definitive Biography

3.79 of 5 stars 3.79  ·  rating details  ·  95 ratings  ·  14 reviews
Sachin Tendulkar: A Definitive Biography by Vaibhav Purandare is a book in which the author has attempted to highlight some special aspects about one of the greatest sportsperson in the world. The book talks about Sachin Tendulkar, the renowned Indian cricketer, and throws light on his professional and personal life. It also attempts to present the attributes of the past t ...more
Published 2005 by Lotus Roli

To ask other readers questions about Sachin Tendulkar-A Definitive Biography, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sachin Tendulkar-A Definitive Biography

Rohit Nair
More like a chronological telling of Sachin's cricket history, starting from school. Lots of theories added to the mix, but I fail to see how they enhance the book in any manner. A dry read, for the most part. The best part of the book is that as you read it, you relive Sachin's boundaries, wickets and centuries in your mind!
The chapters on his early life are a treat to read. There is so much in those that was not known to me and is pretty interesting and important to really upgrade the status of the GOD.
However soon after the initial years of his cricketing life were over, everything was known already. Perhaps because Sachin is such a public figure that nothing of his life could remain unknown. It was certainly a treat to relive all the innings and those special contests.
I will certainly read this again someday and
Prajot Joshi
The book I read was mainly covering the period till 2005. Although the author has added the happenings after that in his epilogue and extended it to 2010, it is a much shorter description of the period. Obviously, the book misses the world cup triumph of 2011 and the never before celebrated retirement of any sporting legend of 2013. I would love if the book is updated now to cover these crucial events. But overall, a fantastic read.
The book provides a good trip down memory lane especially if you are one of those early 80's kid who literally grew up alongside Sachin Tendulkar's career. But it offers only few things which you already didn't know about Sachin. That maybe because Sachin has always been in the public eye so much, that we already know a lot about him. The chapters on his early life are interesting in that aspect as they provide us insights into moulding of Sachin as a cricketer.

The book was written in 2005 with
Ashwini Kumar Sharma
Just the usual biography of God of cricket, will appeal to Sachin fans. Needed more new content.
Kabir Grewal
Excellent :)
Biography written towards the later stages of Tendulkar's career. Some of the pivotal moments of his career including the 100th century, 200 ODI unbeaten runs, and World Cup win come later.
Could say, it is the hors d'oeuvre before the main course- if Tendulkar is of the mind to pen down his thoughts in another 5 years.
Praveen Kumar Garlapati
The book is a good read but I doubt if it is a definitive biography.

It definitely touches on the important moments in Sachin's knocks but I feel disappointed in it not having the trivia or personalised details of his life.

Nevertheless a book which a Sachin fan can enjoy.
Pardeep Mittal
Note bad, but exactly not what I expected from this book. It doesn't touch upon unknown facts about Tendulkar much, it presents whatever is there in media already.
Ajit Oke
As a tribute to the Master, read and enjoyed the defining moments of Indian Cricket (and also memories of growing up with Sachin :))
Venu Menon
Sep 12, 2012 Venu Menon is currently reading it
Good book.....especially if you are a die-hard fan of Sachin ! I am yet to finish the entire book....
A little more coverage of his contemporaries and team mates would have made this a better read.
Sanjay Rao
Gets tiresome after 50 pages.

But, I did read it through. And like it.

Amarendra Bandla
extremely boring and too much of blabber.
Atiq marked it as to-read
Nov 07, 2015
Rodney Ulyate
Rodney Ulyate marked it as to-read
Oct 30, 2015
Deepti Garg
Deepti Garg marked it as to-read
Oct 07, 2015
Rim Khan
Rim Khan marked it as to-read
Sep 19, 2015
Vishwas Jumde
Vishwas Jumde marked it as to-read
Sep 04, 2015
Nilesh Kadam
Nilesh Kadam marked it as to-read
Aug 05, 2015
Rekha Sharma
Rekha Sharma marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2015
Maurice Anthony
Maurice Anthony marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2015
Navnath Rakshe
Navnath Rakshe marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2015
Sazzad Hossain
Sazzad Hossain marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2015
Hemangi Anavkar
Hemangi Anavkar marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2015
Aditya Paiginikar
Aditya Paiginikar marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Narendra Modi: The Man, The Times
  • Slayer Of Kamsa
  • Thundergod - The Ascendance of Indra (The Vedic Trilogy, #1)
  • Arjuna: Saga of a Pandava Warrior-Prince
  • Around India in 80 Trains
  • Chameleons
  • The Void Through the Human Body: The Spiritual Journey of One's Life
  • The Indian Tycoon's Marriage Deal
  • The Wordkeepers (The Wordkeepers Trilogy, No. 1)
  • A Bank For The Buck, The Story Of HDFC Bank
  • Lines of Space: Source of Fundamental Forces and Constituent of All Matter in the Universe
  • Open Heart (Farsighted, #2)
  • Beloved Luna (Beloved #1)
  • A Shot At History: My Obsessive Journey to Olympic Gold
  • The Evolution of Human Intellect: Discover the Information that Schools and Religions Aren't Yet Teaching
  • John Wright's Indian Summers