Start by marking “Devil on a Sparrow's Wing (Viridis, #2)” as Want to Read:
Devil on a Sparrow's Wing (Viridis, #2)

Devil on a Sparrow's Wing (Viridis #2)

3.75 of 5 stars 3.75  ·  rating details  ·  114 ratings  ·  16 reviews
With London on the verge of revolution, Phoebe follows her husband, Seth, and their dear friend, Gavin, to Edinburgh in order to barter with Scotland's Am Freiceadan.

Famous for her herbal elixirs, Phoebe offers her newest drink, Sanctis, in exchange for weapons and men to help the Cause, a movement trying to end the suffering of the poor and a revolution the Secret Servic
Published November 2nd 2011

To ask other readers questions about Devil on a Sparrow's Wing, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Devil on a Sparrow's Wing

Gone with the Wind by Margaret MitchellPride and Prejudice by Jane AustenWuthering Heights by Emily BrontëThe Great Gatsby by F. Scott FitzgeraldSense and Sensibility by Jane Austen
Literary Love Triangles (Non-YA)
251st out of 416 books — 1,826 voters
Soulless by Gail CarrigerThe Iron Duke by Meljean BrookClockwork Angel by Cassandra ClareChangeless by Gail CarrigerBlameless by Gail Carriger
Steampunk/Romance
126th out of 236 books — 719 voters

More lists with this book...

Becky
Elizabeth
Sabrina
Once again, another amazing book!!! Such different twists and unsuspected occurrences. It hade me on the edge of my seat. It was so emotional, creating a huge connection with the characters. I will say that this series has definitely become a favorite of mine. I hope that more is to come! I highly recommend this series.
Carol Stromek
Great concept book. This was my first steampunk story, and I enjoyed the techno-fantasy world of it very much, as well as the historical aspects relating to Victorian UK (as it encompasses both England and Scotland as sets). I was slightly annoyed by the repeated sex acts -- one or two are enough for me, and that is the primary reason for the 3 star, rather than 4 star, rating.

That being said, if you are NOT annoyed by frequent episodes of relatively mild graphic sex, I would recommend this book
Rachel
Loved this book, but was disappointed at the suddenness of its ending, hence the four star rating instead of five (though I devoured this book faster than the first). This volume of the Viridis series was more about adventure, though there was a little mystery thrown in from the viewpoint of wondering what would happen next.

At the beginning of the book, Phoebe has just recently married Seth and they are living together happily. Phoebe has created Sanctis, another herbal concoction based off Vir
Jemi Fraser
Loved it! Devil on a Sparrow's Wing follows more of Phoebe's adventures in Steampunk London. Independent, passionate Phoebe and brilliant tinkerer Seth are trying to help the poor of England, and rebellion is approaching. Gavin, Seth's Scottish pal, has a large part in this new book - he's a fabulous character. And that accent? You're going to love it!

Phoebe has developed another herbal - Sanctis - which enhances the senses in a way that will give the rebels a distinct advantage. I don't want to
Robin Shreeves
I downloaded Devil on a Sparrow's Wing immediately after finishing Viridis, the first book in the series for free to my Kindle. I was pleasantly surprised to find that while it wasn't a perfect book, I enjoyed it enough to want to keep reading about the characters and what happens to them next.

I liked this book even better than the first, and I think Taylor has a way of creating characters that I really like and care about. Her Viridis series is my first experience with Steampunk, and I'm inter
Whitebeard Books
While I do enjoy a good Steampunk romance mystery and Calista Taylor is a great storyteller, this title was a bit dissapointing in that it had too many recurrances of statistically improbable things happen. And even the end result of the three way relationship at its conclusion is highly improbable though she left that with a genuine chance for change in the next in the series. Still, the compositions of the people with whom she populates her story are believable and strong as is the main female ...more
Jean Oram
Phoebe is back and so is the trouble, drama, and intrigue. Oh, and the romance too!

Phoebe is settling in to her new life, but the revolution and 'bad' guys have other plans for her--as well as a certain someone. Or should I say, someones?

Set in Victorian England, this steampunk book covers romance, espionage, major life choices, violence and so much more. The ending will have you just as confused for Phoebe as she is when it comes to wondering what on earth she should do now!

Book 2 in the Viridi
Nicole Trainor
I really wanted to like this book more. I highly enjoyed the first book, Viridis. However, this book just annoyed me. The Scottish accents felt heavy and overplayed to me. I could only take so much "Och, dinna cry wee lassie". I really felt distanced from the main character (to say nothing of not really like Seth, her main love interest). Unless the third book is really cheap, I'm unlikely to continue this series, even though it ended on a cliff-hanger.
Stacy
This book had possibly the worst editing of any I've ever read. Considering that I'm one of "those" people - the kind who get hung up on little mistakes to the point of not being able to see past them to the story - I still loved this book. Actually, I loved this book and the previous one, Viridis, so much that I had to be careful not to read them before bedtime or risk being awake all night since I couldn't put either of them down.
Nicole
I just had to see what happened after viridis so I bought this and wasn't disappointed. I'd love to see more of this!
A.L. Butcher
I really enjoyed this followup. The characters kept to form and the ups and downs really held me. Ending on the cliff hanger was excellent and I look forward to the 3rd installment.
Jessie
This book didn't read nearly as well as the first one. The characters seemed too contrived- as if they were completely done growing.
Amy
Amazing! Didn't like the sex stuff, but loved the era style this was written in!
Sherry
I can't wait to see how she resolves the 2 husband problem.
Jennifer Toci
Jennifer Toci marked it as to-read
Dec 11, 2014
Nikki
Nikki marked it as to-read
Dec 01, 2014
Paige
Paige marked it as to-read
Nov 23, 2014
L-D
L-D added it
Nov 18, 2014
Tammy Jamea
Tammy Jamea marked it as to-read
Nov 13, 2014
Stacey Coburn
Stacey Coburn marked it as to-read
Oct 23, 2014
namericanwordcat
namericanwordcat marked it as to-read
Sep 27, 2014
Marianne
Marianne marked it as to-read
Sep 12, 2014
  • The Light Beyond the Storm Chronicles
  • The Clockwork Wolf (Disenchanted & Co., #2)
  • Warrior Reborn (The Guardians of Eden, #2)
  • Eulogy's Secret
  • Honor Bound (The Witchblade Chronicles #1)
  • Flash Gold (Flash Gold Chronicles #1)
  • Clockworks and Corsets
  • Skies of Fire (The Ether Chronicles, #1)
  • The Wild Adventure of Jasper Renn (The Steampunk Chronicles, #3.5)
  • Miss Bramble and the Leviathan
  • The Adventure of the Wollaston Ritual (The Baskerville Affair, #0.5)
  • Heart's Blood (Blood Magic, #2)
  • A Measured Risk (Regency Risks, #1)
  • Clockwork Fagin (Free story from Steampunk!)
  • Homecoming (Cloaked Devices #0.5)
  • Agamemnon Frost and the House of Death (Agamemnon Frost, #1)
  • Clockwork Lies: Iron Wind (Clockwork Heart, #2)
  • Dragon Blade (War of the Blades, #2)
Calista Taylor is an agented author of steampunk/gaslight romance and non-fiction, with a steampunk clothing craft book due out in September 2012 and now available for pre-order. When not running things over with a sewing machine or lacing herself into a corset, Calista can be found tapping away on her laptop, tormenting her characters, and riddling the streets of Victorian London with dead bodies ...more
More about Calista Taylor...
Viridis (Viridis, #1) For One Last Kiss (A Grim Reaper Romance, #0.5) Steampunk Your Wardrobe: Easy Projects to Add Victorian Flair to Everyday Fashions Jack (A Grim Reaper Romance, #1) The Fall: Tales from the Apocalypse