Start by marking “Compromised” as Want to Read:
Compromised

Compromised

3.26 of 5 stars 3.26  ·  rating details  ·  102 ratings  ·  16 reviews
Compromised is the story of a British Special Forces soldier kidnapped by the IRA in Belfast during The Irish Troubles in 1989 – the first part of the story is relentless in its pace and covers a time period of less than 12 hours focussing on the kidnapping and interrogation of the soldier. In contrast the second part of the novel covers the years that follow the kidnappin...more
Published (first published October 2nd 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Compromised, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Compromised

Katie
To say this was a free book it was very good, not my usual type of read but I think that's why I liked it, seemed very realistic, definitely would recommend it
Rick
A good read based on the Irish troubles.

The sequel to Compromised is coming and Derek is planning to release his new novel towards the end of 2012: he has confirmed that this will be a sequel following on directly from the final confrontation witnessed at the conclusion of Compromised and will feature some familiar characters from his first novel...more news will be published exclusively on DerekKeyte.com later in the year.
Per Bressendorff
Entertaining. Having worked for 5 months in Belfast during the height of the Troubles I recognised a lot of the settings and the atmosphere. However, whan the author writes that somebody flicks off the safety on his Glock 17 (which doesn't have an external safety) you wonder how much of the other facts are flawed.
Bill
As a freebie not much was expected but I actually enjoyed the debut novel though writing was not the best. Decent plot and sound atmospheric characters ensured you read on but the ending was swift and a slight let down. Author clearly knows the subject.
Rachel
This a kindle freebie, so I wasn't expecting that much from it. I was, however pleasantly suprised and couldn't put this book down. Shockingly realistic in places, I thought it brought to life many aspects of the Troubles in Northern Ireland.
Randall
Well written, exciting, and realistic. Unmarred by the increasingly prevalent problems with spelling and basic English in ebooks. For a paid book, it would be well worth it - this is a kindle free offering!
Sharon Goddard
A Kindle freebie: On the whole a very good book although uncomfortable reading in places. Couldn't predict the end...recommend to those old enough to remember the Northern Ireland 'troubles'.
Hilary Reynolds
This book is about a British soldier captured by the IRA what he endures and his life following. A difficult read at times but nevertheless a book that is difficult to put down
Anja
I downloaded this book for free and it makes sense why. It is slow at times and boring at others. The only interesting part is the setting, Northern Ireland in the 80s.
Jo
Couldn't put it down and couldn't predict the ending. Not sure if it was factually correct, but certainly a good read and a good insight into the troubles.
Jack
The story of an incident in troubled Northern Ireland, and the consequences for some of the survivors. Lots of macho stuff but otherwise a good plot.
Leslie
Pretty good plot set alongside real events in Ireland. Graphically realistic in a couple of places. Kept me interested all the way through.
Gem
Read like it was written by a 16 year old boy. Forced myself to finish the first chapter and then gave up.
Lili
A free kindle book, excitingly written but I couldn't get into it.
Rukhsana
I did not finish this - couldn't get into it at all!
Jo Anne
Interesting story about the troubles in Northern Ireland.
David Kavanagh
David Kavanagh marked it as to-read
Oct 12, 2014
Melissa Pierce
Melissa Pierce marked it as to-read
Oct 10, 2014
Kathy
Kathy marked it as to-read
Oct 04, 2014
Sally Cottrell
Sally Cottrell marked it as to-read
Sep 24, 2014
Kelly Moody
Kelly Moody marked it as to-read
Sep 14, 2014
Sam
Sam added it
Aug 26, 2014
Ali Pearce
Ali Pearce marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2014