Start by marking “Sim ou Não: Um Guia para Tomar as Melhores Decisões” as Want to Read:
Sim ou Não: Um Guia para Tomar as Melhores Decisões

Sim ou Não: Um Guia para Tomar as Melhores Decisões

3.79 of 5 stars 3.79  ·  rating details  ·  398 ratings  ·  30 reviews
The bestselling co-author of The One Minute Manager (more than 3 million copies sold) provides "an entertaining approach to making decisions."--Human Resources magazine
"This book is essential reading. You can read it on a plane ride and apply the lessons immediately."
--Jack E. Bowsher, former Director of Education, IBM
"Dr. Spencer Johnson has the rare ability to be int
Capa Mole, 160 pages
Published 2004 by Pergaminho (first published 1992)

To ask other readers questions about Sim ou Não, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sim ou Não

Allison
Jul 23, 2011 Allison rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Folks looking for self-help books
Recommended to Allison by: Tish Graham
Maybe? Sigh...Take it with a grain of salt.

I like the way the story was told. It read a lot like a fable or a folktale. The advice it gives for decision making is reasonable and probably very sound advice. The problem I have with it is one that I have with the entire genre of self-help books (and I'm honestly drawn to them like a moth to a flame - seriously): It doesn't have a disclaimer pointing out that the system discussed doesn't work for everybody. A lot of times when the system doesn't wor
Hani
The storytelling style somewhat reminded me of "The Alchemist" but the lines and descriptions were so off that it was hard for me to get engaged to the story...WHICH was distracting as I couldn't really concentrate on the advice "the guide" was giving to the main character.
Instead of trying to come up with an outline of a simple story, I think this could have been better written as a straight-up informative book.
Rhonda Davis
we all need to know how to make better decisions. this very short read allows you to get some armchair psychology into what makes a better decision, and why you don't already do what you know you should. highly recommended.
Ganesh
it's very good book to learn how to make your perfect decision in perfect time. Whenever you want to do or not to do any thing, just ask yourself that is it needed or just desired ? If needed, how to move ahead, ask yourself. Likewise, a lot of things can be learnt.
Annette
My husband read it for a class and wanted me to also since I tend to be somewhat indecisive..... I don't really care for the fable type stories but the ideas are good if I can only remember them!!
Apr 22, 2012 Jennifer rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Jennifer by: Grad school
Shelves: graduate-school
Grad school.
Super corny and way over simplified, but some solid advice and good lessons.
Nathan Tanner
I had to read this book for an MBA course. If you enjoy management parables that aren't realistic (guy climbing mountain and random character pops up out of nowhere to share deep "insight" at the perfect time), you might enjoy this. My professor said it was one of his favorite books. He also said his wife hated it. My thoughts align closer with his wife's.
Maya
Some grt MSG to take along from this book

As you look ahead to making a better decision do you know what you need to do first ? If you Are not sure do you know what not to do?

To make a better decision I first stop proceeding with a poor decision.

When what is not working for you is finally out of your way, you are then free to find something better. And you usually do, rather quickly

If you want a hot cup of tea you must first empty your cup

Why do we keep doing what we known doesn't want
Because al
Daniel
I liked it. It was easy to read and it gives you some common sense suggestions. It's like a "pocket-card".
Praveen Kumar
A simple book on decision making!
Diogo Cordeiro
I liked it.

All it gives us is common sense suggestions, but when they all are written down, and put together as a "pocket-card", then they serve as a true guide to better decisions.

It has no magic formula, unfortunately, but helps us to equate and build a sustained deduction for our choices, and how to capitalize on the past wrong decisions.
Christøpher Es
Required reading for all DECA officers at caledonia high school. I guess.

I also found that really blurry photo they took of us at the end of eighth grade..inside this book. If you squint you can almost make out everyone's face.
Andrew
Quick read, but a useful lens to help with decision making. I like how he broke the process down to the heart and mind components - each of us is probably good at one or the other, and it is helpful to look at both.
Kimberly
A great book that teaches the importance of trusting yourself when making decisions so that you can make a GOOD decision. Not just for business; This book has a strong personal application as well.
Sundeep
Never knew that making business decisions could be de-tox sessions. Very impactful, but a tad difficult to read with characters changing every 3 pages.
Julie Baylor
Over all, it is too slow and repetitive. But the section on insight spoke to me. "We often get the results we unknowingly believe we deserve."
Tim
Very similar to other Spencer Johnson and Ken Blanchard books. Good moral, but uses a simplistic story to explain
Addie
I loved how simple it was to learn the questions. I will definitely use these questions in the future.
Mariangela

Not my favorite Johnson book. The core is good but it was a little difficult to get through.
Dwight
Great lessons to be learned when we have a guide to making better decisions
Yang
Thought provoking, succinct and handy! I am inspired by the whole story.
Michelle Beese
I love the short and to the point format of Spencer Johnson's books!
Minnie ^o^
A key to make a better decisions in everyday life!!
Moss
I can't decide if I liked this or not.
Eleanor
Helpful guidance on making decisions.
Claire
Read it for work.
  • The Leadership Pill: The Missing Ingredient in Motivating People Today
  • Digital Wars: Apple, Google, Microsoft and the Battle for the Internet
  • Conquering the Chaos: Win in India, Win Everywhere
  • Forbes Greatest Business Stories of All Time
  • The Game Changers: 20 extraordinary success stories of entrepreneurs from IIT Kharagpur
  • Why Should Anyone Be Led by You?: What It Takes To Be An Authentic Leader
  • The Tyranny of Oil: The World's Most Powerful Industry--and What We Must Do to Stop It
  • The Rules of Management: A Definitive Code for Managerial Success
  • A Better India: A Better World
  • High-Performance Entrepreneur
  • The Habit of Winning
  • Car Guys vs. Bean Counters: The Battle for the Soul of American Business
  • Transitions: Making Sense of Life's Changes
  • Take Charge of Your Life
  • Speak Like a CEO: Secrets for Commanding Attention and Getting Results: Secrets for Communicating Attention and Getting Results
  • Quantum Memory Power: Learn to Improve Your Memory with the World Memory Champion!
  • The Tom Peters Seminar: Crazy Times Call for Crazy Organizations
  • Success For Teens: Real Teens Talk About Using The Slight Edge
Spencer Johnson, M.D., is the author of several New York Times bestsellers, including The One Minute Manager, all in the entertaining style of a parable that contains useful information readers can use in their own lives. There are more than thirteen million copies of his books in print in over twenty-five languages.

Dr. Johnson's education includes a psychology degree from the University of Southe
More about Spencer Johnson...
Who Moved My Cheese? The Present : The Secret to Enjoying Your Work And Life, Now! Peaks and Valleys: Making Good And Bad Times Work For You--At Work And In Life Who Moved My Cheese For Teens One Minute Sales Person, The: The Quickest Way to Sell People on Yourself, Your Services, Products, or Ideas--at Work and in Life