Start by marking “Alice in the Country of Hearts, Vol. 2 (Alice in the Country of Hearts, #3-4)” as Want to Read:
Alice in the Country of Hearts, Vol. 2 (Alice in the Country of Hearts, #3-4)

Alice in the Country of Hearts, Vol. 2 (Alice in the Country of Hearts #3-4)

4.42 of 5 stars 4.42  ·  rating details  ·  938 ratings  ·  49 reviews
Kidnapped by a handsome man with rabbit ears, Alice Liddell finds herself abandoned in an odd place called Wonderland and thrust into a "game," the rules of which she has yet to learn. Alice, ever the plucky tomboy, sets off to explore and get the lay of this strange land, intent on finding her rude kidnapper and giving him a piece of her mind (and her fist). But little do ...more
Published June 26th 2012 by Yen Press (first published December 10th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Alice in the Country of Hearts, Vol. 2, please sign up.

Jessica Abrahams The bonus chapter that was in Alice in the Country of Hearts volume 4 was to promote the Alice in the Country of Joker PSP game in 2009. There is no…moreThe bonus chapter that was in Alice in the Country of Hearts volume 4 was to promote the Alice in the Country of Joker PSP game in 2009. There is no sequel to the Alice in the Country of Hearts series as it is based off the PSP game. Same with Alice in the Country of Clover which are just one-shots based on the game.(less)
Alice's Adventures in Wonderland & Through the Looking-Glass by Lewis CarrollThe Looking Glass Wars by Frank BeddorSplintered by A.G. HowardHatter by Daniel  ColemanJabberwocky by Daniel  Coleman
22nd out of 89 books — 125 voters

More lists with this book...

Callie Rose Tyler
This series is just a good time, plain and simple. Before and during the reading of this series I did not realize that it was a media tie in to a Japanese romance video game but after the fact it makes sense. I don't think that you need to have played this game to enjoy the books. Although the Wonderland presented is whimsical and majestic it is also off-putting, strange, and menacing which is what really makes the story entertaining and engages the reader.

One thing that was very strange is the
Theresa ♫
Jul 28, 2012 Theresa ♫ rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Fellow humans in search for a very, very interesting Alice In Wonderland fan-fiction

I'm the first review? OH MY, how honored I am.

I finally found out why the book was SO FAT. There are TWO VOLUMES in each fat book. took me FOREVER to figure that out.
I loved books 3 and 4 better than 1 and 2! It was so awesome that I finished it in ONE NIGHT. Within ONE HOUR.
And it was 12:00am. I was SLEEPY, yet I STILL finished this book!

Anyway, you guys have read my review for Volumes 1-2, right? I ke
I'm continuing to enjoy the series. I definitely have some favorite characters and Peter isn't annoying me as much. Plus his bunny form is so cute!
Story is still not going anywhere quickly.
I have no idea what to think of this series. I stopped reading manga years ago and the only reason I read this one is because it is supposed to be a re-telling of Alice in Wonderland (which I love).

I could see it in Vol. 1. Now I only see similarities when it comes to names of characters. It also bothers me how I cannot figure out where this story is going and if I should continue being invested or not.

In Vol 1 I was impressed over the use of eyes as a determination of whether the character ha
Judy (Geeky Reading)
[Also available on my blog.]

I am really liking this series. It’s not like a five star, ohmygod this is the most amazing, well written, book I have ever read, but at the moment I would rate it at a very solid, high 3.5, but it’s a very good, very enjoyable 3.5.

Oh, before I really get into this review, I want to say that there will most likely be more spoilers than there were in the first books’ review. In that one, since it was the first in the series, I was trying to be vague; in this one,
Lanie Sanders
I don't know if I liked this one as much as the first one or not. :( its very good, there's no doubt about that. And the artwork is beautiful. Its just . . . mostly its Alice. She likes to read, she's kind and friendly. She's not afraid to tell you what she thinks. But she's kind of an idiot. Just bumbling along visiting different crazy people who are all fighting over her. Its very interesting of course. I like watching them all try to win her heart and play this mysterious game and such. But I ...more
Melissa Chung
Ohhh the plot thickens... Alice is still making everyone fall in love with her but she is also sort of changing them too. Making them think about their mortality. Everyone knows in Wonderland that death doesn't really exist as long as the Clock Maker can fix them, but as Alice has pointed out they will no longer BE themselves, they will be made into someone new and that makes her sad. Alice is starting to really like everyone in Wonderland and doesn't want anyone to get hurt. Lots of death threa ...more
Lady Belinda
This was a great continuation of the story. I like that Alice is getting out and getting to know the other people in Wonderland. Peter is not any cuter to me as a fluffy rabbit...he's still just as annoying as his human form., why to be creepy and increase my dislike of him. I really like Elliott a lot, even though he works for Blood. Ace was a little weird in this edition, but I still like him. I really started to like Julius a lot in this volume. He truly cares for Alice and wants ...more
Jun 15, 2013 Emma rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2013, manga
I'm so confused. There has to be something wrong with me. I really don't understand the Alice series at all. O bought this book after I read number one, which turned out not to be part of the same series only to also find out that the book I was reading was number FOUR in the series versus number TWO even though it says that it is on the cover! Some I just don't get it. But the story was still good.

I kind of figured it out now. So, the Alice book I was read was My Fanatic Rabbit, not Alice in th
This was a great volume and had a lot of really fun scenes. I really like Boris and the friendship him and Alice are developing. This volume also has a really interesting bonus chapter at the end that I hope to read more about.

Contains Chapters 12 - 24
Alice 12.) Adaptation
Alice 13.) Doubt
Alice 14.) Disjointing Flower
Alice 15.) Crooked Love
Alice 16.) Sweet Dream Taste
Alice 17.) Declaration
Alice 18.) Let's Go Comfortably!
Alice 19.) Whereabouts
Alice 20.) Twilight
Alice 21.) Knight
Alice 22.) Coming
*Miss Fame*
This volume wasn't nearly as exciting in terms of storyline as the first one, but I still loved it! I find when I pick these volumes up, I have a hard time putting them down! I really enjoy these characters, the artwork, and the fashions. I'm really sad there is only one (technically two) volumes left. But I can't wait to see how it all ends!

Also, I can't believe how dumb I was to not figure out Boris was the Cheshire Cat.... halfway through this volume I went "I wonder how come they didn't make
So I requested from the library what I thought was vol 2 of the series (this does have a number 2 on the front) and I had posted I was currently reading vol 2, but it kept feeling like I was missing something. As I finished, the end of the page reads: "Alice in the Country of Hearts 2 The End" and then has a preview (? idk it also says the end after a few pages) of Alice in the Country of Joker but they're talking about being in the Country of Clover, and then the last page says this is volumes ...more
Andrea Herrera
After many days I finally finished this manga. I liked it, however I don't know if it was my copy or if it was a yenpress mistake but the pages of chapter 18 were in the wrong order and it was impossible for me to read that chapter.
In this volume we learn more about this crazy world and its rules, some of the characters were annoying me, but it's nice to see how Alice is changing the inhabitants of this world. I really don't have much to say about this volume, I'm still upset about chapter 18.
colleen the fabulous fabulaphile
The madcap hijinks continue, but I feel like this book didn't really progress the story all that much until the end, when we're introduced to the Countries of Clover and the Joker, and find out a little more about Nightmare.

The most development concerns the deal with Alice and her "dream" and what, exactly, she's forgotten - and just more of the same about her effect on and relationships with the various denizens of Wonderland.
Darker and grittier then the first but also filled with plenty of humor. One can never keep things serious for too long in Wonderland after all! Peter White was less annoying (and his bunny form was rather cute), Boris and Blood are definitely my favorite characters, and Ace turned the creepy factor up a notch. Even Julius opens up a little more in this volume. So entertaining and funny! I'm dying to see the final volume!
I really enjoyed the book, but I was very unhappy with the misprint of Chapter 18 (repeated pages, missing pages, pages out of order) that made it unable to properly read this chapter. That was my biggest complaint even though it was a short chapter and not all that necessary to the plot it seems, but I would have preferred my book being in proper condition.
This manga is once again amazing. I love all of the characters and the art and just everything that was in this book. The one thing, however, that has kept this book from getting a 5 stars from me is that I have been seeing a lack of a plot in the series. Supposedly it is going somewhere however I have yet to see. However it is still amazing sooooooooo go read it!
i think this is a pretty interesting take on a self-aware video game world

like the whole distinction between characters with roles and without (npcs!) and the way everyone is conscious that alice as an 'outsider' (aka the player) is default important to everyone

it's almost like she's the main character or something! xD

the dream stuff is interesting too, like if we're taking the wonderland books as a hint then some of the characters she meets translate to her rl friends/family (i feel like vivald
As we get to know the various inhabitant of the Country of Hearts a bit better, the story becomes more interesting. The constant battling among the characters and Alice's shock does get a bit old, but luckily things to seem to linger too long on that topic for me.
Airaseem Perdomo
So far nothing is really blowing my mind. It's okay I love the creatieness of the characters and the drawing are amazing. But other than that there no romance and I need that in a story. It's a good past time read and I enjoy the childness and teeness together.
Jun 10, 2015 Amber rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: manga
This is one of the best manga series I have read in awhile. I can't wait to see what happens from page to page. Very cute and addicting. Nice twist on Alice in Wonderland.
4.5 stars! :D As usual, very funny and I can't wait until I get my hands on the last one. I loved how they put in Alice in the Country of Joker at the end.
Victoria Sedillo
I LOVE this book!

My fav people are Boris, Elliot, Blood, Ace, Nightmare, Bloody twins, and Gray.

Idk I wanted to say that!! XD
Absolutely great book! Can't wait to get the third one!
pick it up, give it a go and enjoy!!
Gén ^^
I'm confused by the ending. is the next one vol 3 or do I have to read a country of clover now?
Luke Reynolds
This world and the characters have grown on me throughout these past two omnibuses. The world is interesting, and I really like Alice's connection with people (some more than others).

Boris x Alice (BorLice) is my OTP. The amusement park chapter was so adorable!

Also, I don't know if all of the editions are like this, but there was a printing problem in the book I received for an interlibrary loan. Pages were repeated, pages were printed in the wrong order and in the wrong chapters, and it made th
couldn't put it down!
see vol 3
Somehow missing volume 2 (regular) was huge. I missed so much! But how lucky was it that the omnibus editions came in for me instead of the regular volumes! yay!

The story is bizarre in some sort of endearing way. I'm really starting to love almost all of the characters. The art has almost a clean or minimal quality to it. The story keeps you guessing. I guess I really couldn't ask for more. There is drama and humor, lightness and intrigue. I'm excited to read more.
  • Afterschool Charisma, Vol. 3
  • Library Wars: Love & War, Vol. 5 (Library Wars: Love & War, #5)
  • The Earl and The Fairy, Vol. 02 (The Earl and the Fairy, #2)
  • Kamisama Kiss, Vol. 4
  • Magic Knight Rayearth II, Boxed Set (Magic Knight Rayearth II, #1-3)
  • Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon, Vol. 5 (Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon Renewal Editions, #5)
  • The Betrayal Knows My Name, Volume 2
  • La Corda d'Oro, Vol. 16
  • フラワーコミックス [Black Bird, Vol. 11]
  • 하백의 신부 [Bride of the Water God], Volume 10
Quinrose is a games company which is also responsible for the manga based on their games.
More about QuinRose...

Alice in the Country of Hearts (6 books)
  • Alice in the Country of Hearts, Vol. 01 (Alice in the Country of Hearts, #1)
  • Alice in the Country of Hearts, Vol. 02 (Alice in the Country of Hearts, #2)
  • Alice in the Country of Hearts, Vol. 03 (Alice in the Country of Hearts, #3)
  • Alice in the Country of Hearts, Vol. 04 (Alice in the Country of Hearts, #4)
  • Alice in the Country of Hearts, Vol. 05 (Alice in the Country of Hearts, #5)
  • Alice in the Country of Hearts, Vol. 06 (Alice in the Country of Hearts, #6)
Alice in the Country of Hearts, Vol. 01 (Alice in the Country of Hearts, #1) Alice in the Country of Hearts, Vol. 04 (Alice in the Country of Hearts, #4) Alice in the Country of Hearts, Vol. 02 (Alice in the Country of Hearts, #2) Alice in the Country of Hearts, Vol. 03 (Alice in the Country of Hearts, #3) Alice in the Country of Hearts, Vol. 1 (Alice in the Country of Hearts, #1-2)