Start by marking “Don't Read in the Closet: Volume Two” as Want to Read:
Don't Read in the Closet: Volume Two

Don't Read in the Closet: Volume Two (Hot Summer Days)

4.14 of 5 stars 4.14  ·  rating details  ·  442 ratings  ·  29 reviews
This free ebook is volume two in a collection of short stories celebrating love, sex and romance between men. It is a product of the Goodreads M/M Romance Group Hot Summer Days event and features original stories from 28 authors; if you like what you read, come join our group!

Use the green download button below and choose from PDF, Mobi/Kindle, Epub and Html/Zip formats.
Published 2011 by M/M Romance Group

To ask other readers questions about Don't Read in the Closet, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Don't Read in the Closet

Hot Head by Damon SuedeBear, Otter, and the Kid by T.J. KluneThe Locker Room by Amy LaneDivide & Conquer by Abigail RouxBetween Sinners and Saints by Marie Sexton
Best M/M Romance Published in 2011
197th out of 503 books — 982 voters
Hell Cop by Astrid AmaraSindustry by Anne ReganLove Ahead by Madeleine UrbanIrregulars by Nicole KimberlingMen Under the Mistletoe by Josh Lanyon
Best Gay Anthologies
28th out of 178 books — 180 voters

More lists with this book...

Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions

Nov 03, 2011 Bookwatcher added it
Recommended to Bookwatcher by: Emanuela ~plastic duck~
Shelves: glbt-gay, free, anthology
*Review of Cleon Lee Short story – BENEATH YOUR WINGS (Angel/Demon)*

Zeqiel and Theliel are such heartbreaking couple!

Zeqiel is a cast out angel... banned from heaven, forever.

aka he is a demon

Theliel is his other half, an angel still in paradise. Zeqiel is forbidden to see, hear or talk to him...

But something is impossible to control... something that is so important, and is the reason of Zeqiel existence... that something is called love

Can an angel and a demon be together?
Read this free s
Rachel
This specific anthology has my favorite story from the entire event - Heatstroke. What an amazing story. Also, a few of my other favorites are Like the Taste of Summer and The Importance of Being Denny. But honestly, there is not a bad story in the entire anthology...some of the best stories I have read in a very long time, and the best part? It's all free! Highly recommend this entire anthology and the first volume too!
JenMcJ
Now for Volume 2 of the compiled stories from the Hot Summer Days event. Days 10 through 18.

As a co-moderator for the M/M Romance Group that pulled this event off with the help of our incredibly generous authors and members I have nothing but praise for all the efforts in this anthology.

I think anyone with a positive interest in the m/m genre would be hard pressed to find anything missing from this volume or the first volume, however, if you do, hang on. There are still two more volumes coming
Hannah
My favorite stories in this volume were...

"Be My Boy" by Casey Cox - an intriguing and surprisingly romantic story about a D/s slave relationship.

"Like the Taste of Summer" by Kaje Harper - further evidence that Ms. Harper is in her element when writing in the short form. This is a really sweet story about first love.

"Tears of the Sea" by Marguerite Labbe - a haunting paranormal story featuring some of my favorite mythological creatures.

"Super Sock Man" by Amy Lee - totally adorable. I haven't r
Adara
Nov 03, 2011 Adara rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)
Many of my personal favorite stories are in this particular volume: Taylor Donovan's Heatstroke, Marguerite Labbe's Tears From the Sea, Jason Huffman-Black's I am the Highway (and that's not just because it was written from my photo & letter). NJ Nielson, SJD Peterson, Amy Lane, and more. And my own story, Chasing the Prick, is in this volume also. It's a great mix of work from great authors!
Aniko
Be My Boy by Casey Cox - 4.5 stars
Hidden Amongst Stars by Nicole Dennis - 3.25 stars
Hidden Needs
Ana
Before this book, I hadn't gone too much into the M/M area. I might have read some stories here and there, and didn't bother to put them up on Goodreads, for they were just excerpts. Some of them were really badly written and I was skeptical about reading even more of this genre.

Though I gave it 3 stars, that doesn't mean I found it bad. It's just that 3 stars is the overall rating, cumulated from all the stories inside. Different authors were given a picture and they had to come up with a stor
Lauren
Once again, I can't praise the authors and the committed moderators over at the M/M Romance group enough for effort and hard work they put into the Hot Summer Days event. This anthology is fabulous, and there's definitely something for everyone here. Proud to have this on my Kindle ;)
Patricia
3.5 stars (definitely enjoyed this one!)

The stories that I enjoyed the most :)

Color Me by Blaine D. Arden
What I thought:
Really enjoyed this story. The POV change worked for me in this and I liked the tiny touch of the paranormal. Nothing much, this is still a contemporary that deals with deafness and difficulties that might occur as a result of miscomunication. Enjoyed this.

Delivery with a Smile by Megan Derr
What I thought:
LOL! Yes, this was quite cute for something involving hitmen. Enjoyed th
Taaronson
5 stars!!moree..because two of the stories in it..they are "HEATSTROKE and LIKE THE TASTE OF SUMMER" which make me criyin like a baby in the middle of the night..i like the others stories..just i love those two better.. :)
NannyOgg

Kari Gregg – THE IMPORTANCE OF BEING DENNY - 4
Kaje Harper – LIKE THE TASTE OF SUMMER - 5
Jason Huffman-Black – I AM THE HIGHW
Caroline Åsgård
Weeell, what can I say? It's another huge book with gay stories! xD I've spent some time on it since I've been doing so much this month. There were some stories that I had already read, but that was just really a relief in an almost 800-page book.
Some of the stories were really good, interesting and captivating, and since it's basically all women, sex is often described in detail. Nothing for the fainthearted here!
Don't know what more to say, as I could never possibly properly review this whole
Katy Beth Mckee
I really loved the mix of stories in this volume. It has a little bit of everything and while I enjoyed the first volume I think this volume does a better job of mixing up the types of stories presented. Also, I loved the mix of very short tales and some that were longer stories. I forgot to make note of the name but my favorite was one of the longer story of a boy's search for the truth of his grandma's attitude. There were a few I didn't enjoy as well or that I skipped but that had to do with ...more
Cindi
I'm not going to review each story in this review as I did them all individually as I read them. Some stories were amazing, some didn't quite work for me and I admit to (this time) even skipping a couple because the sub-genres weren't my thing. But overall this is a great collection of short stories by a large group of authors. If I didn't like one I knew that it wouldn't be long before I could jump right into another one. I am all about discovering new authors and as with Volume One, I have dis ...more
Lila Hunter
Skipped several stories. Overall, a good volume.
Carey
I loved this anthology. Some good stuff from authors I know & love & some introductions to authors I want to read more of. From sweet & sexy to hotter than hell, and everything in between, there is something for everyone. Paranormal, contemporary, mythic, sci-fi, just lots & lots of good stuff. And as a bonus, now I know how Donnie & Alejandro got together!
Quinn
I didn't enjoy this collection as much as I did Volume One.

Volume Two had 2 five-star stories, which were counter-balanced by 2 WTF 1-star stories. The rest were somewhere in between.

Still looking forward to the next volume.
Melanie~~
Five Star rating because of all the amazing effort from all involved (letter writers, writers, moderators, betas, copy editors, editors, and grunts) to produces this/these amazing stories and anthologies.

Thank you!
Tina_K
Sep 08, 2014 Tina_K marked it as dnr-dnf
Shelves: anthology, free-read
My first DNF of 2014. Haven't been impressed with the stories I've read and I just don't like short stories. That's on me. But I haven't liked what I've read so far. On to better, longer things.
Beckey
A collection of M/M erotica short stories...
Quite an interesting & enjoyable collection and collaboration amongst all the different authors!!!
Similar but different from the first :)
DarienMoya
May 15, 2013 DarienMoya marked it as on-hold
Color Me by Blaine D Arden 3.5 Stars
The Present in Room Four 2 stars
Labor of Love 2 Stars
Mariana
Some authors worth mentioning.
Adara O'Hare 4/5
Taylor V. Donovan 4.5/5
Nicole Dennis 4/5
Kaje Harper 4/5
Lillian Francis
4.5 stars all the way on this one. There were some absolutely superb stories in this one.
Gingerlr
Picking my way through the entire collection
  • Don't Read in the Closet: Volume Three
  • Stuff My Stocking: M/M Romance Stories that are Nice and… Naughty
  • Starting Over
  • Heatstroke
  • Surf's Up
Blaine D. Arden is a purple-haired, forty-something author of gay & trans* romance mixed with fantasy, mystery, and magic who sings her way through life in platform boots.

Born and raised in Zutphen, the Netherlands, Blaine spent many hours of her sheltered youth reading, day dreaming, making up stories and acting them out with her Barbies. After seeing the film "An Early Frost" as a teen in th
More about Blaine D. Arden...
Color Me The Storyteller Aliens, Smith and Jones The Fifth Son The Forester (The Forester Trilogy, #1)