Start by marking “Malevolent Spirit (Merryweather Lodge, # 2)” as Want to Read:
Malevolent Spirit (Merryweather Lodge, # 2)

Malevolent Spirit (Merryweather Lodge #2)

4.28 of 5 stars 4.28  ·  rating details  ·  25 ratings  ·  8 reviews
It’s Christmastime at Merryweather Lodge. Emily has returned to the cottage from her home in Canada; after the untimely death of someone she loved. Will she be able to celebrate a traditional English Christmas in her aunts enchanting little cottage or will she be tormented by the hideous creature, again? Was Emily’s attempt to banish her unearthly adversary successful? Wil ...more
Published November 1st 2011 by Whiskey Creek Press (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Malevolent Spirit, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Malevolent Spirit

Laurie Garrison
Pauline Holyoak delivers another bone chilling story. This is the second book in the Malevolent Sprit trilogy and it takes you deeper into the myth around Merhia and the lodge then the first book. You get a better look into how Merthia the creature came about. Pauline still keeps the same pace where you understand all the elements going on and the way she explains it you feel like your right there and that’s where the creepiness really gets you.

Emily gets even more grief this time around from t
Fran Orenstein
Merryweather Lodge, Book Two - Malevolent Spirit by Pauline Holyoak
Whiskey Creek Press

Many years have passed since Emily Fletcher visited her Auntie Em at Merryweather Lodge on the Salisbury Plains in England, near the legendary Stonehenge of ancient druid times [Merryweather Lodge, Book One, Ancient Revenge]. Now a grown woman, Emily has never forgotten, Jonathan, the boy she always loved, now an even more appealing and sexy man. After the death of her mother and the departure of her father to
Lindsay Kendal
Honestly after reading and enjoying the first book so much I had no doubt in my mind that I would enjoy this one just as much. From the first page I was hooked and once again Pauline Holyoak managed to give me the creeps. Awesome!

The book is so visual and believable, the characters are three dimensional and the book holds your attention throughout. I love the whole idea of a Druid priestess still haunting the location. It’s different to any other ghostly stories I read. This book goes more in d
Helen Stothard
I really enjoyed the first book in this trilogy but this one was even better. I found myself hesitating before turning the page, in the same way you hide behind a cushion when watching a scary movie. As with the first book it's not blood and gore horror, it's psychological, and woe betide the cat that jumps on your lap while you're reading!

Both books are stand alone books, I look forward to reading book three.
Diana Leigh
MALEVOLENT SPIRIT is the second amazing book in Pauline Holyoak's eerie trilogy about the strange goings on surrounding a quaint English cottage near Stonehenge. In this book Emily returns to Merryweather Lodge for an extended visit with her Auntie Em, who owns the property. Emily quickly learns that the evil spirit of an ancient Druid priestess called Merthia is still plaguing Merryweather Lodge seeking revenge, and Merthia's prime target is Emily.

This is a very chilling tale that kept me on th
Misty Blankenship
Reading this book was like watching a scary movie...ya know the kind i mean where your yelling at the screen "DONT GO IN THE BASEMENT YA DUMMY!!!!!!!!!! Ya know whats gonna happen especially with the chants you have been hearing!!!!!!!!!!!!" Yeah that kind of movie.
Wow all the stuff that happens in this book was dreadful!! I WANT MORE!!!!!!!!
I do believe I finally have an opinion of Jonathan.....Even though he likes to act like nothing is going on he steps up to the plate when it really matters
Victoria
2.5 stars. Possibly even 2.75 stars.

Yet another occasion where I wish Goodreads let me rate with quarter or half stars.

The story was decent but, for me, it didn't "gel" as well as it had in the first book. Plus, there were quite a few spelling/grammatical errors that took away from the overall story.

I will give the next installment in this series a chance, however, as I am curious to see how this all wraps up (or doesn't).

Recommended as a spooky beach/airplane read to load on your e-reader. I
Brandy
Emily returns to Merryweather Lodge for the holidays only to find out the spirit is not gone. When her best friend comes to visit all sorts of craziness starts to happen.
Why is Jonathan staying away? Will Emily ever make love to him? Who is the Malevolent Spirit and how are they going to get rid of it?

This book was spine chilling. It took me by suprise. I never knew which way I was heading. Just when I thought I had it figured out. Sharp turn into a spooky spirit or possesed being.
This is one
Darby
Darby marked it as to-read
May 24, 2015
Leslie ( Cerridwen)
Leslie ( Cerridwen) marked it as to-read
May 13, 2015
Pauline Holyoak
Sep 20, 2014 Pauline Holyoak rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)
Courtney
Courtney marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2014
Tina
Tina marked it as to-read
Mar 06, 2014
Mrs. SAL
Mrs. SAL marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2013
Steff
Steff marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2013
Sammi
Sammi marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2013
Charli ღ Denae
Charli ღ Denae marked it as to-read
Oct 13, 2012
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Sep 24, 2012
Stacey
Stacey marked it as to-read
Sep 23, 2012
Alison Devlin
Alison Devlin is currently reading it
Sep 19, 2012
Kathy
Kathy marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2012
D.C.
D.C. marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2012
« previous 1 3 next »
This book was inspired by my own experiences in a remote little cottage near Stonehenge. A chilling tale of love, passion, sorcery and sacrifice; laced with mystery and tied with humor...I live in western Canada but I grew up in England; in a coal mining village, my husband calls, "The place that time forgot." Go to my website and find out why.
More about Pauline Holyoak...

Merryweather Lodge (3 books)
  • Ancient Revenge (Merryweather Lodge, #1)
  • Ultimate Sacrifice (Merryweather Lodge, #3)
Ancient Revenge (Merryweather Lodge, #1) Ultimate Sacrifice (Merryweather Lodge, #3) Melanie Gets a Nanny Melanie Gets A Nanny