Start by marking “Talking to Siri: Learning the Language of Apple's Intelligent Assistant” as Want to Read:
Talking to Siri: Learning the Language of Apple's Intelligent Assistant

Talking to Siri: Learning the Language of Apple's Intelligent Assistant

3.46 of 5 stars 3.46  ·  rating details  ·  24 ratings  ·  9 reviews
This is the eBook version of the printed book.

Sweet-talk SiriTM into doing practically anything!

Apple's Siri voice technology is even more amazing when you "really" know how
to talk to it. Now, two top Apple tech experts show how to talk Siri into doing
more than ever before! Just look up what you want to do, and you'll find tested
step-by-step instructions for getting "ex
Published March 16th 2012 (first published October 25th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Talking to Siri, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Talking to Siri

Chris
When I picked up this book in my closest Barnes and Noble store, I figured that this book was just a "cheat-sheet" like book to any other book based entirely about "What to Say to Siri". Although I had read Siri for Dummies before this, I knew what to expect. Now, I don't have a device with Siri on it (as I said in that book's review), but this book was just what I'd originally expected it to be when I bought it on my Amazon Kindle instead (I do like Amazon Kindle books because I'm a slower-read ...more
Melissa
So, you know all the iPhone 4S commercials where Siri is cheerful and pleasant or the rumors that you can get Siri to respond to a query with a witty quip?

Yeah, I don't have that version of Siri. I have the snotty teenager version that pretends it's listening then freaks when asked to change a reminder.

Perhaps it's just me, that I am having trouble communicating with Siri on a basic level.

Thankfully, Erica Sadun and Steve Sande put out a little book that goes over Siri's high points and limitati
Justin McDowell
This book was pretty cool. It was informative to learn new things that Siri could do that I wasn't aware of. It was amusing to learn all of the different ways you could have fun with Siri. I would recommend this book for an iPhone 4S or later user that enjoys using technology.
Larea
This information may be available elsewhere but this was a quick, convenient, and entertaining way for me to get up to speed with Siri. I just upgraded my iPhone 4 to iPhone 5 and I am loving it! I may even ditch my voice recorder that I carry for ideas in the car.
xamevou
This book adds little information that is not already in the "help" feature that comes with Siri. Even most of the examples are the same. The only exception is on dictation, which I've found quite useful.
Deven
Fun quick read. Siri is more powerfull than I dreamed. Don't get mad at it or her. I said some regretfull things and it would not talk to me for two days. Seriously no kidding.
Elaine
I'm impressed at what Siri is capable of. I'm just now becoming familiar with Siri and this book shed some light on it for me. Excellent resource for Siri (and 4S) newbies.
Paula
I just bought the second addition of this book for my Kindle app. The book is very helpful in using Siri more effectively, and I recommend it to anyone who has an eye device.
Eric Durant
Some fun material, and some useful material. Not worthwhile if you read the first edition.
Rand
Rand marked it as to-read
Oct 11, 2014
Plantsman
Plantsman marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2014
Steve
Steve marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2014
Relyn
Relyn added it
Mar 22, 2014
Nelson
Nelson marked it as to-read
Feb 14, 2014
Steve
Steve added it
Feb 09, 2014
Midge Frazel
Midge Frazel is currently reading it
Feb 05, 2014
Michael Quinn
Michael Quinn marked it as to-read
Jan 03, 2014
Joyce
Joyce added it
Nov 22, 2013
Ty Lyons
Ty Lyons marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2013
The iPhone Developer's Cookbook: Building Applications with the iPhone SDK The iOS 5 Developer's Cookbook: Core Concepts and Essential Recipes for iOS Programmers (Developer's Library) iOS Auto Layout Demystified The Core IOS 6 Developer's Cookbook Pitch Perfect: The Art of Promoting Your App on the Web