Start by marking “Thank You Notes 2” as Want to Read:

3.96 of 5 stars 3.96  ·  rating details  ·  457 ratings  ·  60 reviews
LIMITED EDITION: INCLUDES SOUND CHIP WITH THANK YOU NOTES THEME MUSIC.

Picking up where the first Thank You Notes left off, Jimmy Fallon has many more people and things to thank. He addresses some 200 new subjects in need of his undying "gratitude." Each page will feature one note and a photograph of its recipient.

"Thank you, gift bags, for saying "I care enough to put yo
Published May 22nd 2012 by Grand Central Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Thank You Notes 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Thank You Notes 2

Philip
""Thank you... Thank You Notes 2 for including a sound chip of thank-you music to play along with the notes. It makes up for the fact that you were slightly less funny than the first book."'

"...No I'm serious." I loved the sound chip. It was brilliant."

"...And what's with all the quotation marks, you ask? Oh, I don't know."

I hate "it" when people misuse the "hand-quote" thing, so I thought I'd mess around with these and see what happened. """" Seriously. It's nothing."

"At any rate, I did like th
Fiona
Jul 14, 2012 Fiona rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Anyone who enjoyed the Book of Awesome, or likes internet memes, has a sense of humor
Written by Jimmy Fallon with the writers of Late Night with Jimmy Fallon, you do not expect anything less than a few laughs out loud. And that is exactly what happened during my 30 minute lunch break. This is a very short read that I would recommend browsing through during a bathroom/lunch break, or basically anytime you have a few spare minutes.

Each page contains a relevant photograph to a "thank you..." note on an appreciated, unappreciated, or clearly ridiculous everyday observation, opinion
Rebecca
Great gift book or bathroom book. Not sure why it has a sound chip with theme music that will play, unless they are really looking to integrate the TV-into-book experience, but it's there as an option. I also think it would have been fun to come up with the photos for each page.

Favorites:

"Thank you, birthday card I'm writing in the car outside a birthday party, for proving that I need to make some changes in my life. Have a great birthday!"

"Thank you, friend who texts me to say happy birthday or
Josh McConnell
Absolutely hilarious. Short, inexpensive and a quick read (I did it in one setting), Jimmy Fallon and his writing prove again that they deserve your hard-earned dollar. It also makes for a perfect side table book and/or gift. Check this one out, alongside the original.
Leanne
I love Jimmy Fallon's Thank You Notes. It's one of the main reasons I try to watch his show on Friday nights when I don't work first thing the next morning. I love going through and finding the ones that I remember watching. This is a great and fun read! :D
Kandice
Dear Jimmy Fallon,
Thank you for your mediocre second installment of Thank You Notes. Thank you for keeping it short and sweet so I can read it in the bookstore rather than purchasing it with money that can be spent on a much better book.
Thank you!!
Traci
Hahahahahaha. This was a funny book of little "Thank You"s. It was so funny I should not have read it at work. I think I spent more time trying to find co-workers to show the funniest ones too than I spent working.
Bev
Ditto to everything I said about the first Thank You Notes book, except this one has a bonus--a sound chip that plays the Thank You Notes Theme Music while you read! So much fun!
Kerrikoala
Some of these were funny, some were so-stupid-they're-funny, and some were just okay. And some of them made me think twice about what I'll be giving as Christmas gifts this year.
Michelle
I love you Jimmy Fallon!! I also enjoy that this book has the music with it so I too can feel like Im writing thank you notes :)
Alicia
Much funnier than the first one! I laughed out loud a few times. I will be giving this for a gift in the near future.
Stephanie
There were some funny ones, but there were a couple that seemed very similar to each other. I would give this 3 stars but the addition of James' Thank You notes music to the front panel of the book made it one star better.

Here are some of my favorite Thank You notes:

"Thank You... people who clap for the pilot when the plane lands, for basically applauding the fact that you're not dead"

"Thank You... New York city weather, for skipping fall and already being cold and wintry again. It's like gettin
Lori
Fun and humorous. The accompanying piano music is a nice touch.
Erin
Less LOLz than the first one, but still super duper funny.
A
Not as funny as the first, but still enjoyable.
Wendy
not as good as the first, but still funny!
Tammi Drevers
Jimmy Fallon is acomedic genius!!!
❀❋УᗩᔕᗰᎥИƎ❋❀
This was slightly better than the first, so I'll just cut to the chase and tell you the parts I found funny:

Thank you gift cards, for basically saying, "I could have just given you this money, but I wanted to have final say over where you spend it."
Thank you tiny children who call spaghetti, "pisketti." Look, just because you're tiny doesn't mean you get to talk like an idiot. Get it together
Thank you motion sensor hand towel machine. You never work, so I just end up looking like I'm waving h
Madison
Fallon is an incredible talk show host. I absolutely CANNOT wait until he takes over the Tonight Show in February 2014. His writers are also incredibly talented. The monologues, the skits, they are all extremely well done. The best segment has to be the Thank You notes. To most people they are a notorious thing that must be done after every big celebration in which you recieve gifts, but Fallon takes a new spin on them with Thank you notes to ordinary objects or occurences, pointing out things a ...more
Kathy
I liked this book a lot better than the original thank you notes book. There was one that was reused from the first book, but otherwise I thought all of the notes in this book were much more clever and funnier. I also enjoyed that the front cover played the thank you notes music. Adds to the experience for sure.
Holli  Ronquillo
Quick read - like 20 minutes worth of reading material. I laughed out loud at least twice, but the fat shaming knocked out a star.
Erin Gunderson
Meh. Mildly amusing. Not as good as the show, though I do enjoy the sound clip with James' Thank You Note theme music.
Jill
Not as funny as the first volume of these Thank You Notes but still a good laugh!
Jack
If you are a fan of the bit, you will like this book.
Nick
It'll take you 5 minutes. And it's a good five minutes.
Renee
Really like the additional theme music while reading the Thank You's.

... birthday card I'm writing in the car outside a birthday party, for proving that i need to make some changes inmy life.

... prison, for sometimes sounding extremely relaxing... "Wait, you mean I don't have to work, I don't have to deal with my family... for 8 to 10 years?

... aunt who keeps saying that she "loooves dark meat," for making everyone at the table under the age of 35 extremely uncomfortable.
Stephanie
This book is great for people who are fans of Late Night, SNL, or who just want to read a funny book. The thank you notes in this book are entertaining to read, and it's nice to be able to flip to a random page and have a guaranteed laugh. I recommend it! Although it's best to not read all of the book at once. Read them a few at a time, then there's more of an element of surprise I guess.
Melanie
I love Friday Night Thank You Notes on Jimmy Fallon. A few of them I remember from the show. A quick and easy read along with a few nearly everyone can identify with experiencing.
Robert Wright
More of the same giggles from Fallon & company.

Ups the ante with an electronic chip that plays the "Thank You Notes" music. It also helps if you can imagine Fallon's delivery of some of these in your head. The joke is not always that great, but Fallon's delivery sells a few of these that just fall flat on the page.

Still, a fun little diversion.
Shacoria
The Thank You Note portion of the Jimmy Fallon show is always one of my favorite parts. It's always hilarious, so I was expecting this book to be hilarious and I was disappointed that it wasn't. The book has a few funny parts but for the most part it was just not as funny as I expected it to be.
  • This Is Ridiculous This Is Amazing: Parenthood in 71 Lists
  • Too Much Information (Unshelved, #9)
  • Confessions of the World's Best Father
  • The Ten, Make That Nine, Habits of Very Organized People. Make That Ten.: The Tweets of Steve Martin
  • Global Model Village
  • Point Your Face at This: Drawings
  • Scared Sh*tless: 1,003 Facts That Will Scare the Sh*t Out of You
  • Dog Shaming
  • Movies In Fifteen Minutes: The Ten Biggest Movies Ever For People Who Can't Be Bothered
  • Shake
  • Frog Trouble: . . . And Eleven Other Pretty Serious Songs
  • The Best of the Rejection Collection: 293 Cartoons That Were Too Dumb, Too Dark, or Too Naughty for The New Yorker
  • Grumpy Cat: A Grumpy Book
  • Contrary to Popular Belief: More than 250 False Facts Revealed
  • The Avengers and Philosophy: Earth's Mightiest Thinkers
  • Money Rules: The Simple Path to Lifelong Security
  • Patient One
  • Carnival For The Dead (Nic Costa, #10)
James Thomas Fallon, Jr. is an American comedian, actor, and musician known for his work on Saturday Night Live. He is also scheduled to become the host of Late Night in 2009.
More about Jimmy Fallon...
Thank You Notes I Hate This Place: The Pessimist's Guide to Life Your Baby's First Word Will Be DADA Snowball Fight! The Bathroom Wall