Start by marking “Tote Bags and Toe Tags (Haley Randolph Series, #5)” as Want to Read:
Tote Bags and Toe Tags (Haley Randolph Series, #5)

Tote Bags and Toe Tags (Haley Randolph #5)

Haley Randolph's new job as a corporate events coordinator suits her like classic Chanel - as long as no one finds out her only degree is from bartending school. But then again, trouble's always afoot in the life of this amateur sleuth/professional fashionista...On Haley's first day on the job, she finds the chief of security - who was performing Haley's background check - ...more
Published June 1st 2012 by Kensington (first published May 29th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Tote Bags and Toe Tags, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tote Bags and Toe Tags

Angela
Aug 14, 2012 Angela rated it liked it
Shelves: mystery, chic-lit
I almost put this book down several times. Haley drove me bonkers the first half of this book for some reason. It felt like she'd swallowed a stupid pill.

About half-way through, I felt like her character came back again and I couldn't put it down. I don't say this very often about recurring boyfriend characters but I am sooooo glad they broke up. He was a twit.

Good mystery, great story, a little annoying but otherwise a good read.
Nancy Narma
Apr 04, 2012 Nancy Narma rated it really liked it
“An Intriguing Mystery That Will Keep You in Its Clutches”

Holt’s employee and collector of handbags; Haley Randolph, decides it is time for a change, but not just a different shade of nail polish or a new hairstyle! No!! She wants a brand-new self! She’ll keep her “Official Boyfriend”, hunky but aloof, and the fifth generation to run the Holt’s Dept. Store chain; Ty Cameron, but no more chocolate or Mocha Frappacchino binges!! Haley begins her transformation by first graduating from U.M. , the “
Gina Cresse
Aug 05, 2012 Gina Cresse rated it it was amazing
Dorothy Howell's sense of humor had me laughing out loud all the way through Tote Bags and Toe Tags. The "mix-up" between the University of Mixology and the University of Michigan was priceless. Haley's suspicion that she must've been adopted every time she has to deal with her beauty-pageant-queen mother was also hilarious. Once the reader comes to terms with the fact that Haley is who she is---flawed but funny---and just accepts the fact that this protagonist has lots of room for a character ...more
Jessica Brodman
Mar 13, 2013 Jessica Brodman rated it it was amazing
funny
Heather
Jun 18, 2012 Heather rated it really liked it
Title: Tote Bags and Toe Tags (Haley Randolph Series #5)

Author: Dorothy Howell

Publisher: Kensington

Synopsis (from bn.com): In Howell’s fast and fun fifth mystery featuring feisty 24-year-old Haley Randolph (after 2011’s Clutches and Curses), a misunderstanding lands Haley a well-paying job as an event planner at a prestigious Southern California corporation. Unfortunately, Haley once again becomes a murder suspect after stumbling on the bludgeoned body of the company’s security department head,
Sasha
Dec 21, 2012 Sasha rated it it was amazing

This is the first book I have read by Dorothy Howell. It will not be the last! I now need to go and get all the Haley Randolph books. I am so hooked. I just love this series! Dorothy Howell had me laughing all the way through this book.... Haley is fun crazy, spoiled, has a really bad work ethic and is totally addicted to bags...... doesn't matter if they are Totes, clutches, or just the fancy every day ones she is so addicted has to have the best of the best at all cost.
It is a very intriguing
Carolyn
Dec 04, 2012 Carolyn rated it liked it
I'm not sure how I stumbled across the first Haley Randolph book but I was hooked. Haley can be SO annoying and if I knew her in real life I'd be tempted to grab her and attempt to shake some sense into her. OR avoid her completely. She's a mess. She is a horrible employee and she has that bag addiction (which by the way I totally do not understand) and yet I am there every time a new book in the series comes out!! I guess I really just want to know how the story ends.

This book is not all that
Cecilia
Feb 13, 2014 Cecilia rated it it was amazing
Susan
Jun 11, 2012 Susan rated it liked it
Fashionista Haley gets a fabulous--well, well-paying--job with a contracting company, but unfortunately finds a body her first day at the office. Even more unfortunately, the police detective in charge suspects that she killed the victim to avoid the in-depth background check the firm demands. Well, everybody lies on their resume, don't they? Even shallow Haley shows some signs of humanity in this series entry, when her mother's housekeeper disappears after many years of faithful service, and ...more
Dawn
Oct 08, 2012 Dawn rated it really liked it
It's so great to be able to check in with an old friend, and some characters that may drive you batty, but do it while making you laugh. I agree with a previous reviewer -- the part about her looking for her real family was PRICELESS. Ms. Howell hit the nail on the head with that one!

I love the way Hailey's love life progressed in this one. I'm REALLY looking forward to the next installment in a series that makes me laugh, teaches me about the newest purse trends, and all in all makes me wish I
Sue Skerl
Aug 15, 2012 Sue Skerl rated it it was amazing
Once again, Dorothy Howell made me laugh out loud while reading her books. Her main character, Haley, is one snarky character who reminds me what it was like to be young and naive. Her habitual involvement in finding dead bodies while dreaming about owning the latest handbag has me shaking my head. Another great book. Thanks Dorothy. I highly recommend this book... but read the others first.
Chris Leuchtenburg
Dec 22, 2012 Chris Leuchtenburg rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery
I am embarrassed to admit how much I enjoyed this lite mystery. While cringing at the Valley Girl / Sex In the City lifestyle (passionate interest in fashionable handbags, shoes and men with no interest in work), I laughed often at the flip, devil-may-care lines and settled into the story that had to end well despite the protagonist’s complete lack of seriousness. It could have been titled, Elle Woods, The Detective.
mary Challis
Aug 02, 2015 mary Challis rated it it was amazing
So, girls heads up and shoulders back and grab this read and get ready to laugh. Haley is the very definition of a "Valley Girl", and of course a fashionesta extraordinaire!! Haley Randolph, is such a spoiled, materialistic "Valley Girl,"

Haley's suspicion that she must've been adopted every time she has to deal with her beauty-pageant-queen mother was also priceless . Ms. Howell hit the nail on the head with that one!
Melanie
Jun 15, 2012 Melanie rated it liked it
Have you ever managed one of those people who hide in the back room? Do you think a law should be passed that all
women's clothing have pockets so you don't have to carry a purse? If so, don't bother. The heroine is vapid, stereotypical Southern California. The mystery is interesting, but the protagonist isn't.
Nicole
Sep 15, 2012 Nicole rated it really liked it
Light humor & mystery. The authors writing style was a bit annoying at times. She describes certain events/situations in hyphenated form, i.e. "her blonde hair was in a ponytail & she had that I-didnt-put-on-makeup-and-I-dont-care look." Otherwise I enjoyed the story & it was an easy read.
Amanda
Dec 22, 2012 Amanda rated it liked it
Quick easy read. The bit about the maid missing seemed misplaced in the grand sceme of things. The ending leaves you needing to come back for more. The main character is multi-faceted & makes the book an enjoyable, waste the day away read.
Marilyn Kusniesz
Mar 20, 2013 Marilyn Kusniesz rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Marilyn by: Good Reads
I received this book from Good Reads. I thought it had a very good sense of humor. The main character is very spoiled and needs some better work ethics. I did like the humor through out the whole book and I will read her other books also.
Valerie
Nov 03, 2012 Valerie rated it liked it

Not a bad mystery but ...... the main character is just so-so materialistic!! if she meant ions another designer bag she covets I'll scream!!! How she continuously uses other people is also not pleasant. Not sure if I'd attempt another in this series or not.
Marla
Aug 18, 2012 Marla rated it liked it
I have read the other books in the series, but this one was missing something. There was one main mystery and 2 minor mysteries. The main one was solved but the 2 minor ones were not. The book dragged at some points and then abruptly ended.
Tommy
Dec 21, 2012 Tommy rated it really liked it
This is the first Haley Randolph book I've read and I'm going to find the rest of them to read. Haley is a frustrating, silly woman but I had an instant attraction to her. Loved the story and its twists.
Andrea Zanetti
Mar 10, 2014 Andrea Zanetti rated it it was amazing
So much fun to read. Similar to Kinsella's Shopaholic series. Love how the may character, Haley, justifies slacking off and spending money. Hilarious.
Karen
Jul 12, 2012 Karen rated it it was ok
I will never get the time back that I spent reading this. The ending improved it, but the rest was blah. I don't know why I persisted.
Sherry
Oct 16, 2012 Sherry rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mystery, library
Engaging and well-written story with a heroine I frankly did not expect to like, but ended up loving. I'll definitely read more in this series.
Elizabeth Benducci
Jul 05, 2012 Elizabeth Benducci rated it it was ok
This was a predictible rad. It went quick for me because I just wanted to finish it. Was not a satisfying read. The main character is a bit annoying. But it is not a bad fluff read.
Lichen
Feb 11, 2014 Lichen rated it did not like it
Shelves: cozy-mystery
I am not the person for whom the author wrote this. Are there people out there with attitudes like Haley's? No, don't tell me. I don't want to know.
I must not read any more like this.
Deb
Jun 12, 2012 Deb rated it it was amazing
Loved it! Glad that Haley and Ty finally called it quits. Hopefully things will now heat up with her and chunky PI Jack. Can't wait for the next book!
Tina Axell
Jan 13, 2013 Tina Axell rated it really liked it
Yes, I am looking forward to the next Haley Randolph mystery...this one was left as a real cliff hanger!
Raine
Raine rated it liked it
Feb 06, 2015
Laura rated it liked it
May 21, 2013
Jennifer Stowers
Jennifer Stowers rated it really liked it
Aug 02, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Connecting Church & Home: A Grace-Based Partnership
  • Laws of Depravity
  • Mistletoe, Merriment, and Murder (A Mom Zone Mystery #7)
  • Real Life, Real Miracles: True Stories That Will Help You Believe
  • L'imperatore del mondo vol.1: Il filantropo
  • Heart of Courage
  • The Bouchard Legacy
  • My Gun Has Bullets (Charlie Willis Book 1)
  • Use Your Body to Heal Your Mind: Revolutionary Methods to Release All Barriers to Health, Healing and Happiness
  • The Other Side of Gold
  • Angelguard (Chronicles of the Angelguard #1)
  • The Long Road to Antietam: How the Civil War Became a Revolution
  • A Captive Heart (Capture, #1)
  • A Touch of Nerves
  • The Secret of Emotions (Love, Lust and the Longing for God #1)
  • City of Promises
  • The Greyman (The Sirenne Saga #4)
  • Fill These Hearts: God, Sex, and the Universal Longing
Dorothy Howell writes for two publishing houses, in two genres, under two names. She writes mysteries as Dorothy Howell historical romance novels under the pseudonym Judith Stacy.
More about Dorothy Howell...

Haley Randolph (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • Handbags and Homicide (Haley Randolph, #1)
  • Purses and Poison (Haley Randolph, #2)
  • Shoulder Bags and Shootings (Haley Randolph, #3)
  • Clutches and Curses (Haley Randolph, #4)
  • Slay Bells and Satchels (A Haley Randolph Mystery)
  • Evening Bags and Executions
  • Duffel Bags and Drownings (Haley Randolph #6.5)
  • Beach Bags and Burglaries
  • Fanny Packs and Foul Play (A Haley Randolph Mystery)
  • Swag Bags and Swindlers