Start by marking “Lancelot Du Lethe” as Want to Read:
Lancelot Du Lethe

Lancelot Du Lethe (Arthurian Triptych #2)

3.55 of 5 stars 3.55  ·  rating details  ·  122 ratings  ·  5 reviews
The story of Lancelot is one of striving for perfection in the company of men only to fall short due to the sins of the flesh...but in Lancelot Du Lethe the most famous of the Knights of the Round Table is only partially of the mortal realm. He and Guinevere share a mystical bond of which Arthur can not be a part for they are both of the bloodline of the fey, and are immor ...more
Published February 17th 2003 by Tor Fantasy (first published 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Lancelot Du Lethe, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lancelot Du Lethe

Lindsey Sablowski
This book I absolutely adored. I have read many stories about Lancelot and the knights of the Round Table. Many of us probably know what the original story goes as. Though in the original legend, Lancelot is the knight who betrays King Arthur and is ultimately the reason for the ending of Camelot, I believe this novel showed another side.
The story is told from Lancelot's eyes; it starts at the very beginning when Lancelot is born. We become so involved in his dreams to be a knight --to be someth
Melissa Johnson
Don't know if I can get past the author's description of Queen Elaine having to disguise herself in peasant clothing as "she seemed a woman being raped." Highly questionable metaphor there. Also can't get past the staccato sentences like "her ears roared with wind. Her mouth burned with brine. Her skin stung with rain."

Annoyed enough at this point not to read much further. Honestly, it's why I've nearly given up on the genre to begin with.
Nikki
Carleen
Re-read this book recently, and it was my absolute favorite thing in high school, but now...not so much. Still a lovely story, a different twist than the usual Arthur/Gwen/Lancelot story, but it all just feels...rushed. As though it were a summary written about an entire series of books.
Joy
While looking at new books by authors I've read I had to mark this old read as worth remembering. A new take on an old story. Arthurian rewrites are a favorite of mine and I've read some very good new takes, this being one of them.
Aria Sedai
Aria Sedai marked it as to-read
Mar 09, 2015
Justin
Justin added it
Mar 06, 2015
Pearl Norrington
Pearl Norrington marked it as to-read
Mar 03, 2015
Bernadine Landl
Bernadine Landl marked it as to-read
Feb 28, 2015
Sandra Verga
Sandra Verga marked it as to-read
Feb 22, 2015
Dianna Salts
Dianna Salts marked it as to-read
Feb 19, 2015
Lexi
Lexi marked it as to-read
Feb 15, 2015
Chris
Chris added it
Jan 22, 2015
Gwen
Gwen marked it as to-read
Jan 16, 2015
Brittany Hobday
Brittany Hobday marked it as to-read
Jan 16, 2015
Margo White
Margo White marked it as to-read
Jan 06, 2015
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Jan 01, 2015
Lola Bunting
Lola Bunting marked it as to-read
Dec 23, 2014
Amberger
Amberger marked it as to-read
Nov 09, 2014
Desiree
Desiree marked it as to-read
Nov 09, 2014
Kanisha Bevins
Kanisha Bevins marked it as to-read
Nov 07, 2014
Catherine Lehmann
Catherine Lehmann marked it as to-read
Nov 06, 2014
Carolyn
Carolyn marked it as to-read
Sep 13, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • The Story of Sir Launcelot and His Companions
  • The Serpent and the Grail (Arthor, #4)
  • Guinevere Evermore (Guinevere, #3)
  • The Idylls of the Queen: A Tale of Queen Guenevere
  • King Arthur
  • Percival's Angel (Merlin's Harp, #3)
  • Shalott
  • Prince of Dreams: A Tale of Tristan and Esyllte
  • The Killing Way (Arthurian Mysteries, #1)
  • Merlin's Mirror
  • King Arthur
  • The Return of Merlin
  • Beloved Exile (Firelord, #2)
  • The Mammoth Book of King Arthur: Reality and Legend, the Beginning and the End--The Most Complete Arthurian Sourcebook Ever
  • In the Shadow of the Oak King (Dragon's Heirs, #1)
  • Hobby (The Young Merlin Trilogy, #2)
  • The Sunbird (The Lion Hunters, #3)
  • The Book of the Sword (Hallowed Isle, #1)

Arthurian Triptych (3 books)
  • Mad Merlin
  • Le Morte D'Avalon
Vinas Solamnus (Dragonlance: Lost Legends, #1) Edge of Destiny (Guild Wars, #2) Realms of Magic (Forgotten Realms: Anthologies, #3) Time Streams (Magic: The Gathering: Artifacts Cycle, #3) Heart of Midnight (Ravenloft, #4)