Start by marking “Chase Me (Underbelly Chronicles #2)” as Want to Read:
Chase Me (Underbelly Chronicles #2)

Chase Me (Underbelly Chronicles #2)

3.65 of 5 stars 3.65  ·  rating details  ·  80 ratings  ·  31 reviews
THE SECRETS SHE'S UNCOVERING WILL BE HIS TO KEEP...

Centuries ago, when their ship crashed to Earth, paranormals of all types settled secretly into our world, quietly going about their business with humans none the wiser. Self-ruling and careful to stay below the radar, all is threatened when Valkyrie archaeologist Lorin Schlessinger and her werewolf geologist partner Gabe...more
Published June 5th 2012 by Sourcebooks Casablanca

To ask other readers questions about Chase Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Chase Me

Jaime
Let me begin by saying I did not read the first book in this series, the Underbelly Chronicles. Which turned out to be a problem. There was no recap of what occurred in the first book. In this series Vampires, Werewolves, Fairies, etc are descendants of aliens that apparently crash landed on Earth. There were references to a Captain Noah Pritchard and to his ship the Arkapaedis (Ark), but there was no backstory for the reader to understand how or why this was so important to the characters. Also...more
Marlene
Originally published at Book Lovers Inc.

Tamara Hogan's Underbelly Chronicles are a wild blend of urban fantasy and paranormal romance with the teeniest, tiniest touch of science fiction. Well, the SF is there in the same way that Anne McCaffrey's Dragonriders of Pern were SF. I'll get back to that in a minute. Or a few paragraphs.

If you haven't read the first book in the series, Taste Me and you like your urban fantasy mixed with paranormal romance, check it out. Pretty much every race of supern...more
Paranormal Haven

Werewolf Gabe Lupinsky has worked hard for his new position at Sebastiani Labs. He's not sure which will be the bigger challenge during his next assignment, helping uncover the truth behind an artifact that could reveal vital history of the paranormals or getting along with the sexy yet infuriating Valkyrie archaeologist Lorin Schlessinger. Lorin is not happy when the pencil pushing Gabe first arrives at her dig site but he soon surprises her when he shows there's more to the man than j...more
Lady Lioness
This series is the perfect example of why I started using GoodReads because I remember really liking the first book, Taste Me and I bought Chase Me on the strength of that. However, I didn't remember the whole (view spoiler) thing and I feel I would have mentioned that in a review of Taste Me because it's certainly unique.

Anyways, you have to have read Taste Me in order to fully get Cha...more
Alexia Chantel
In the mood for a humorous paranormal that has all sorts of creatures, a little mystery, some "Beam me up Scotty", and hot sizzling energy releasing sex? Then you do not want to miss Chase Me.

Gabe and Lorin have not had much interaction before being assigned to work together at Lorin's dig site in Northern Minnesota. What little they new of each other had come from first impressions or gossip. So surprise surprise when they find themselves living in close proximity they wear on each other like s...more
All Things Urban Fantasy
Review Courtesy of All Things Urban Fantasy

CHASE ME, the second book in Tamara Hogan’s Underbelly Chronicles series, quickly grabbed my attention with a premise that added a sci-fi twist to the origins of the many paranormal creatures that populate this word. Unfortunately, that interesting concept never took flight. I ended up feeling like I read a 352 page prologue that never actually got around to the story. The set up was there, but by the end of the book…nothing had happened.

While I liked...more
Lucy Dosch
In the World of the Underbelly Chronicles created by Tamara Hogan, she presents us with a world of supernaturals (vampires, werewolves, sirens, icubus, etc.) who are all decedents from a spaceship which crashed on our planet of a thousand years ago. They live under the radar of the human race and they are self-governed by their own governing counsel which consists of two representatives from each race.

Chase Me is book 2 of the series. While on her current dig, Valkyrie Second and anthropologist...more
Paris
This is the second book in the Underbelly Chronicles and as a series I’m not sure how I feel about these two books. This book was a little less irritating than the first, except for the annoying POV shifts to the bad guys POV. I liked that this book looked a lot more into the fact that these people, these vampires, werewolves, sirens, Valkyries, and incubi/sucubbi are actually aliens whose ancestors crash landed on earth a thousand years before.

I liked that about the first book, but the author...more
Amanda P
So I read the first book in this series to know and understand what would be going on in the second book, I usually hate picking a book up in the middle of the series and not knowing what is going on. That being said, even having read the first book the details provided in that book on their beginnings are very vague and do not prepare you very well for this book, you are just kind of thrown into the whole alien space concept like you are expected to know more then you actually do. I have to say...more
♡ Sassy ~ Amy ♡
There were so many characters way to soon, and I am not sure if I should have known them prior to this book or not.

Setting: a dig site in northern Minnesota where a box of unknown metal is discovered by Larin a valkerie princess. The reason for the dig is to find evidence of a crash site that answers questions about the origination of the lore kind. Gabe a werewolf is sent to the dig site to help manage it. He’s the techie scientist from the main labs who own the site.

Some guy who I found out l...more
Scooper Speaks
Maybe 3.5

Favorite Lines: "This was lust--sheet rolling, wall-banging, bone-incinerating lust." (p.41, e-galley)

Book two in Tamara Hogan's Underbelly Chronicles is a paranormal romance with traces of science fiction. I didn't read book one, Taste Me, but managed to read Chase Me with minimal confusion. I garnered there was more to the story than I was reading, but it felt like a few cameo appearances to me.

Most often I've found that if an urban fantasy or romance book is going to place a disabled...more
Tracy
I'm Really Digging This Surprising Series
They are among us, but we will never know they're there. Incubus, siren, werewolves, Valkyrie, and more, all paranormal species, all living right beside us. They stay far under our radar, governing themselves, living their lives. They have completely integrated into our world.

They had to after their ancestors crash landed on our planet.

Werewolf Gabe Lupinsky hasn't even had a chance to celebrate being named interim Director of Physical Sciences at Sebasti...more
Redheads Review it Better
I was a little unsure of how I would like this book. It actually took me a bit to get into it. You can definitely read this book as a standalone, but it probably would of helped if I read the first in the series to be used to all the different types of characters and this whole world. By the end of the book though, I was flipping pages like a madwoman trying to find out what happens. I ended up reading it in less than 24 hours with little sleep. :)

Gabe. Where can I get me one of him? Sexy and sm...more
Michelle Leah Olson
Our Review, by LITERAL ADDICTION's Pack Alpha - Michelle Olson:

"Chase Me", UNDERBELLY CHRONICLES book #2, was another well written and enjoyable read by Ms. Hogan.

In my personal opinion, it wasn't quite as good as book 1, "Taste Me" (though that one had a music undertone mixed in with all of the parnormal, so it is kind of hard to beat for me). The world is still great though, I still love the characters, & the romance is, as expected, still steamy - even when the hero isn't an incubus. :)

O...more
Abbey Ann
Also posted at http://abbeyannsbookland.blogspot.com/

Overall, Chase Me was a good read. I probably would have liked it better if I had read the first one in the series. But since I didn't, I was left struggling to figure out what took place in the first book. It would have been nice if the author described the previous events more.

The best thing about this novel would have to be the romance.While the book lacked in other departments, it is definitely worth reading because of it. I loved the inte...more
Lynn Aoude

In Chase Me Lorin, a Valkyrie archaeologist, comes upon a box at a dig site. This box holds the secret to the real history of all paranormals that were on board of a spaceship that crashed on Earth. The box opens accidentally, thus initiating a chain of events. Enter Gabe Lupinsky, a scientist in metallurgy. He's also supposed to be Lorin's boss, which rubs her the wrong way. In this book, you get to watch the interaction between the 2 main characters. The plot suggests that once the bo...more
Jessica Aspen
Loved it! Here is my review from my blog:

Jumping into a series can be a serious error on a reader’s part, but not so with Chase Me, the second book in Tamara Hogan’s Underbelly Chronicles. A complex sci-fi mixed with paranormal much like Nalini Singh, Hogan has managed to come up with a fresh paranormal universe that fulfills our desires for a fast-paced sexy read.

Vampires, werewolves, sirens and more; supernaturals crashed to Earth on an alien spaceship thousands of years ago. Human’s are bliss...more
Quiana
Lorin Schlessinger, an archeologist, and Gabe Lupinsky, a geologist, are complete opposites; the two do not get along. Tempers flare and sparks fly when they’re paired to work on an archaeological dig. When Lorin makes a groundbreaking discovery, she unwittingly signals an unknown enemy. Now Lorin and Gabe must work together to protect themselves and the people they love, while fighting a growing attraction for one another.

Chase Me by Tamara Hogan, the second book in a series, was an extremely...more
Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
Originally posted at: http://www.longandshortreviews.blogsp...

If you can dream up the paranormal creatures, then you'll find them in this book.

I wasn't sure what I was getting myself into when I nabbed this book. I hadn't read the first in the series, but I love a good paranormal, so I took the leap. I'm glad I did. Ms. Hogan's book has a LOT going for it. The writing was smooth and drew me in right away. I could see the world the characters moved around in. What was there intrigued me and has m...more
Chrystina
This book was great and had just about everything! All manner of paranormal creatures, action, danger, a little mystery, and sizzling hot romance!

The main story focuses on Lorin, a valkyerie princess, and Gabe, a smokin' hot werewolf. The chemistry between Gabe & Lorin is amazing, like of the charts hot! I looked forward to seeing them interact throughout the book. Let's just say their chemistry is the kind that you try to find in any romance novel!

While the side story, with Beddoe and t...more
Ginny Lurcock
Ugh��� both the blurb and the cover are the worst (or best?) examples of blatant false mother fucking advertising. You can tell that the whole crashed spaceship and untapped resources thing is going to be big in this series as a whole, there���s no denying that. This volume though? This volume has like little tiny crumbs in regards to that whole major story arc. The actual book itself focuses on Lorin, the Valkyrie warrior princess, and Gabe��� the city boy werewolf who wreaks culture and refine...more
Michelle
Dani C. (Paulette's Papers)
For the first couple of chapters of Chase Me I was lost as a goose in a snow storm. There was no back story or recap to help you figure out who all these characters are, what was happening and why. I came very close to giving up and not reading past the third chapter but I didn’t. Once I figured everything out, I really started enjoying this book. In fact I didn’t want to put it down! The humor and the romance are perfect and go along quite well with the plot.

If I had to do it over again I would...more
Skye Reavis
It was amazing and the details were increadable. I own this book and i cant stop reading it.
Josie
Did very well as a stand alone book. I have not read the rest in the series but considering the cliff-hanger at the end I think it's a must for me know. I really enjoyed the story btwn Gabe and Lorin but I CANNOT wait to read about Andi and Gideon! (I hope)
Christi Barth
The 2nd book in this series is just as good as the first. Amazing worldbuilding, with a fresh twist on werewolves and vampires. Very sexy, very tension filled - I couldn't put it down!
Nancy
This is what I get for grabbing a
book on impulse from the library.
I'm going to have to find the
FIRST in the series if I'm to make
any sense of whats going on.
Paula
Really enjoyed this one, just as good as the first one
Sherri Morris
For Review on FreshFiction.com
Shevani Kumar
What happened to Paige!?!?
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Darkness Taunts (The Sensor, #2)
  • Kiss of the Goblin Prince (Shadowlands, #2)
  • A SEAL in Wolf's Clothing (Heart of the Wolf, #9)
  • Banshee Charmer (From the Files of the Otherworlder Enforcement Agency, #1)
  • Hunter's Prey (Bloodhounds, #2)
  • Lessons After Dark (Englefield, #2)
  • Midnight Reckoning (Dark Dynasties #2)
  • Kiss of the Vampire (Warriors of the Rift, #1)
  • Thoroughly Kissed (Fates #2)
  • A Lady Can Never Be Too Curious (Steam Guardians, #1)
  • The Wolf Who Loved Me (Westfield Wolves, #5)
  • To Catch A Vampire (A F.R.E.A.K.S. Squad Investigation, #2)
  • King of Darkness (Chronicles of Yavn, #1)
  • Don't Bite the Messenger
  • Tempted by Blood (Sweetblood, #3)
  • Masquerade (Vampires Realm, #7)
  • River Road (Sentinels of New Orleans, #2)
  • Demons Like It Hot (Demons Unleashed, #2)
Award-winning author Tamara Hogan loathes cold and snow, but nonetheless lives near Minneapolis with her partner Mark and two naughty cats. When she’s not telecommuting to Silicon Valley, she writes paranormal romance with a sci-fi twist. A feral reader with an unapologetic television addiction, Tammy is forever on the lookout for the perfect black boots.

Her debut, TASTE ME, won a Daphne du Mauri...more
More about Tamara Hogan...
Taste Me (Underbelly Chronicles #1) Touch Me (Underbelly Chronicles #2.5) Tempt Me (Underbelly Chronicles #3)