Start by marking “Alexios' Fate (Apollo's Men #1)” as Want to Read:
Alexios' Fate (Apollo's Men #1)
Read Book

Alexios' Fate (Apollo's Men #1)

3.85 of 5 stars 3.85  ·  rating details  ·  34 ratings  ·  14 reviews
Mature King Lykos has a sexy confidence that turns Alexios' head. Seduced by Lykos, Prince Alexios discovers a world of men he's never known before.

Meanwhile his slave Galen has gotten tired of waiting in the wings. He sets out to woo Alexios and win his heart.

Even Apollo can't leave Alexios alone. The young prince finds himself pursued by a god and in danger of a perilous
Published April 13th 2012 by Breathless Press (first published March 16th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Alexios' Fate, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Alexios' Fate

Purgatory by Jeff MannWhen the Music Stops by John T. FullerAklesh by Samuel Jarius PettitP’tit Cadeau by Anel VizFaster Than the Speed of Light by Lucius Parhelion
Best Underrated M/M Books
45th out of 355 books — 223 voters
Captive Prince by C.S. PacatDuck! by Kim DareBloodraven by P.L. NunnCaptive Prince by C.S. PacatConcubine by Jill Knowles
Best Gay Slaves
159th out of 209 books — 812 voters

More lists with this book...

4.5 stars rounded up.

My second Kayla Jameth book and it didn't disappoint. I really enjoyed this ebook. It was interesting - the world building was excellent, I felt like I was back in Ancient Greek times, the mythology really well done, and the sex was freaking hot. And, well, who doesn't like the idea of fit, hot young guys competing in games in the nude, some slave sex and more. Review coming to On Top Down Under Book Reviews
Don Bradshaw
Reviewed on Hearts On Fire...

I found this to be a great, well researched and well written book. Being a fantasy fan of the old Greek Gods and all didn't hurt either. Alexios is the heir to the throne of Dicaea and has come of age for betrothal and finding a mentor. All of a sudden the whole of Alexios' world is turned upside down. He does not want a wife and sees no reason to become betrothed when he won't be old enough to marry for years. The obedient prince bo
Lisa Henry
Alexios is an eighteen year old Greek prince in a world where gods walk the earth in disguise, myths are real, and fate is both unknowable and inescapable.

Don’t let the blurb fool you: this isn’t just a love triangle (rectangle?). This is a well-researched story with some absolutely phenomenal world building. I am a complete sucker for world building, and… just wow. Alexios’ world hits the right balance between history and mythology, between everyday life in antiquity and epic.

Alexios is suppo
I was a bit apprehensive when I started this book. I am not well versed in Greek mythology and I was not sure if that would be a problem reading the story. I found it was no problem at all. the author does a lovely job of world building. I enjoyed the characters and the way their roles were in this world. This is no easy place to be. There is a huge disparity between the haves and have nots but even royalty is not immune to the whims of the gods.

Alexio is a prince, coming of age. His father has
Lena Grey
Alexios is a young prince in Ancient Greece who has reached his eighteenth birthday and is now considered a man. Instead of his ceremony to celebrate his coming-of-age being a social occasion, his father, the king, makes it into a media circus of sorts. He's invited four neighboring kings, under the pretense of celebrating with them, to join in the happy occasion. He has also told Alexios that one of them will be either his mentor only, or his mentor and his father-in-law. The king intends to ar ...more

Reviewed by Joe: First I must preface this review by saying that I know Kayla, but have not read any of her work. Thus, when the opportunity came to review the book, I immediately jumped on it and I was not disappointed.

I really enjoyed this book. I have always been fascinated by Greek myths and the ancient world, so this book really satisfied my craving for a good story that takes place in that time period. It also helps that Apollo, probably my favorite
this one suprised me, I thought it would be just another greek god story and wouldn't really have much worth but it was very good. I absolutly loved Galen and Alexios together, they made a handsome couple. this great read is definitely recommended.
Pixie Mmgoodbookreviews
4 1/2 Hearts

First published at MM Good Book Reviews

Alexios has reached the age to take a mentor, but his father is using it as a way to secure allies through a betrothal. Alexios catches King Lykos’ eye and Alexios finally notices his slave, Galen, and a god decides to shape his future for his kindness towards Apollo’s prophet, Cyrus. But, due to the bitterness and jealousy of one man, everything might be snatched away with Alexios’ life.

I absolutely love
A.B. Gayle
Kayla Jameth may be a new author but she writes the best sex scenes.

Reading this was a welcome change from my normal contemporary m/m reading as I was transported to Ancient Greece where sex between men was a normal part of society.

The author has done a great job of recreating that time, using just enough imagery to make you feel you are indeed back in that age without being overwhelmed. What's more I have it on good authority that the facts are correct.

The story also includes that other elemen
May 04, 2015 Shannon rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: god
I would have never read this if it wasn't for a challenge but I'm glad I did. I didn't particularly care for the multiple sex partners and the mythology beliefs and historical aspect were sometimes confusing but the overall story was good. The world building was fantastic and it did manage to make me cry so I must have cared about these guys.
I read this book as part of a challenge and it's probably not something I might have read otherwise. Despite that, I found it to be well-written and I did enjoy the developing relationship between Alexios and Galen. I think my lack of knowledge about Ancient Greek myths and legends meant I struggled a little bit with the story.
Wendy Schuffert
OMG!!! This book was AWESOME! I laughed, I awed and I cried. I couldn't put it down. This was just amazing. I loved all the characters and everything about it. I want to read more. I need more.
Hearts On Fire Reviews
Reviewed by: Don
Publisher: Breathless Press
Genre: M/M Fantasy
Rated: 4 Hearts

Check out the review at:
Do yourself a favor and read the Greek Lexicon of myths and characters at the end of the book before beginning Alexios' Fate.

The majority of the story is told through narrative. Told and told and told, so there is very little dialogue (and at that, contemporary dialogue in a historical novel-yikes!). The narrative is off-puttingly dense and gives an air of rigid constraint. I did manage to persevere in reading and found I enjoyed the book's plot and characters. It seems the author would do well
Amanda marked it as to-read
Oct 07, 2015
Justino marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2015
Elisa Rolle
Elisa Rolle marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2015
Alex marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2015
Anna Hjelm
Anna Hjelm marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2015
Bobby Corry
Bobby Corry marked it as to-read
May 22, 2015
Marie added it
Apr 11, 2015
Susan A
Susan A marked it as to-read
Aug 07, 2015
M. Corvidae
M. Corvidae marked it as to-read
Mar 03, 2015
Jamp marked it as to-read
Feb 20, 2015
Andrea marked it as to-read
Feb 18, 2015
Miranda Mcintosh
Miranda Mcintosh marked it as to-read
Jan 09, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
The House of Dion...: Alexios' Fate 3 3 Apr 24, 2015 07:19PM
Kayla Jameth grew up on the family farm in Ohio. An unrepentant tomboy, she baled hay, raised cattle, and her father taught her to weld before she graduated from high school.

She attended Cleveland’s Case Western Reserve University and later, Texas A&M University in her pursuit of veterinary medicine, taking her far away from her rural roots.

But it wasn’t all hard work for her, her sojourn as t
More about Kayla Jameth...

Apollo's Men (4 books)
  • Body Language (Apollo's Men, #0)
  • 496 BC (Apollo's Men #1.5)
  • A Spartan Love  (Spartan Love #1) (Apollo's Men #2)