Alliance Forged (The Light Blade, #2)

Alliance Forged (The Light Blade #2)

3.86 of 5 stars 3.86  ·  rating details  ·  253 ratings  ·  38 reviews
"There is no mercy in the demon realm. No escape. In this place of desperation and conflict, anyone who is not purebred is virtually powerless. Until a blind priestess lays claim to a half-breed warrior, body and soul... "
Hunted and marked for death by Na'Reish demons for their half-blood heritage, the Na'Chi are searching for a new home--something an alliance offered by t...more
Published July 3rd 2012 by Berkley Sensation

Naomi Lahn
OH MY NA'CHI!
This book was even better than the first one. Thank god Kylie for Varian. This was the story of Varian and Kymora.
Varian is the leader of the Na'Chi (half-human/half-demon), we see a bit of him in Vengeance Born and I was really excited to read his story. He's the kind of hero that I absolutely love. Varian was a strong warrior, loyal to the bone. He was not afraid to fight and to stand for his people. But he was also so very insecure and afraid of his demon half. He thought that h...more
Book Chatter-Cath
Let me start by saying the wait for this book has been torturous!
Ever since I read the first installment of The Light Blade series - Vengeance Born back in February, I have had Alliance Forged on my need-to-get list and not just because the cover is HOT!

Kylie Griffin has a talent for sucking the reader in.
By page 3, I was engrossed, and by page 13, I had informed my family that I was out of bounds for the rest of the night!
I was immediately pulled back into this unique and gripping world of hum...more
Dragana
Why did I read this book?
I'm participating in fun game for Bookworms hosted by SOS group. The game si called 'Fantasyland' and I'm part of team #2 called: 2 Read or Not 2 Read. Task for this week was to read a book with green cover.
I picked Alliance Forged since I was in a mood for light fantasy with a dash of romance (also the cover is green lol).

My thoughts:
I read first book in 'The Light Blades' series last year and the best thing about Vengeance Born was beautiful cover. Before abandoning 'T...more
Christine
Just as I enjoyed Vengeance Born, I found I couldn't put this one down either. Kylie, I love how you can get your readers to identify, empathise and sympathise with your characters. You even brought me to tears at one point - the mark of a good writer!

I love how the relationship between Kymora and Varian develops before finally blossoming into something special. The action sequences make the reader want to sit on the edge of their seat, eyes scanning the pages madly to see what will happen next...more
Alice
omg what an emotional rollercoster ride of emotions, i laughed and cried
cannot wait for the 3rd book :)
The Window Seat
Ah... back to the Light Blade world... What a pleasure. In this latest installment of Kylie Griffin's Light Blade series, we get the story that was greatly hinted at in the first book, Vengeance Born. This is the story of the Na'Chi warrior Varian and the human priestess Kymora. This is one of the more unique stories I've read in a while. Throughout the book, typical romance story troupes are avoided left and right. For that, it gets a big plus!

Kymora is the blind head priestess of the human rel...more
Crazy4more

The challenge and fortitude for the alliance between human and Na'Chi continued as struggles from all directions bombarded. Tested at every facet, from who to trust, who to fight and who to love...and was one worthy of such devotion.

The aching truth of prejudice embedded and shunned throughout Varian's life. Leader he was but loved and self-worth were unfathomable. And so life was cold, schematic and uninspired...until Kymora forced her way into his life and she didn't take no for an a...more
Ronda
I was eager and excited to read this 2nd installment of the Light Blades and their new allies the Na'Chi... I knew this time I would be reading about Kymora and Varian and I hoped that I'd be as captivated as I was with Vengeance.

I adore Kymora and Varian is just something else and although the story of the two was exciting and sometimes a little breath-taking, I did find that I was hoping it would hurry along. I became a little frustrated at times and it took me quite a while to read this book...more
Synnie Wadden
I will start with the things I enjoyed. I loved the cover. He’s hot and badass looking.Absolutely love the spots. I love the names – Kymora, Rystin, Rissa.

Now onto what I didn’t enjoy. Okay, so Kymora is blind. It’s an important thing to note. Twenty two times in a novel is a little much. Especially because she’s get repetitive about at random. On one page near the beginning, ‘blind’ ‘disability’ etc was mentioned six times. SIX. On ONE page. That’s ridiculous. Yet in the last 200 pages, not a w...more
Pat (ireadthatbook.com)
Rebel Light Blades (gifted humans) attack the fledgling settlement the Na'Chi (human/demon hybrid) and humans are building at the behest of a disgraced council leader Davyn who is still grieving over his daughter.
This entire review and others can be found at: http://www.ireadthatbook.com
Rachelle
A fantasy romance about faith, trust, being honest with your emotions, and risking everything to follow your heart. The plot is a little slow-paced, and most of the relationship is Kymora reaching out (she is blind, which is unusual) and Varian pushing her away.
Jaq
A very enjoyable fantasy romance. This will be one series I will continue to follow. Griffin has constructed an intriguing world, and populated it with some great characters. I look forward to reading more in this series.
Midalah Ballinger
I haven't gotten so pulled into a series since I picked up my first Black Jewels book by Anne Bishop. Having to wait until 2013 for book three is going to be torment. I can't wait to read Arek's story.
Tina
Kymora Tayn lived with half human-half demon hybrids. She could smell the full demons coming to her village. Kymora is blind. It frustrates her more than anything. When the demons come and attack her village, she wonders why they would attack the humans and half demons. They have not done so before. But the demons now want blood slaves and to annihilate the half breeds. Kymora thinks mistakenly that the Blade council has sent them to make sure her people were dead so they would not harm anyone....more
Carmel (Rabid Reads)
Reviewed by: Rabid Reads

I was a little disappointed by this book; I'm not going to beat around the bush. Vengeance Born was such a strong start to The Light Blade series that my expectations for book 2 were perhaps a tad high. The first novel has an even split between action and romance while as this second installment is heavy on the latter with next to no action. Maybe it's my own fault; this series is shelved as Fantasy / Paranormal Romance after all. Perhaps I was just spoiled when it came t...more
Carien
I totally love this book.

I already told you I'm falling more and more in love with this world with each new book I read in this series and that again was true when reading Alliance Forged. I can only hope Griffin will write more books in this series, because I'm slightly addicted to this fantasy world full of demons and half demons.

And the romance!
Varian and Kymora are my favorite couple so far. Varian is such a delicious, tortured hero, and the blind Kymora is a really great heroine as well...more
Barb Lie
Alliance Forged by Kylie Griffin is the second book of her Light Blade series, and if you remember from my review of Vengeance Born, this is romance urban fantasy. Griffin does a masterful job of creating this worldbuilding, of Humans (Light Blade), Na’Reish (demons), and Na’Chi (half human/demons). The story picks up shortly after Vengeance Born left off, when Kalan, the Chosen of the Light Blade, forces his command of the Council and Soldiers, by allowing Na’Chi to be part of their alliance, a...more
Elissavet
I don't understand how this book averaged 3.89 but people, you need to give this series a go!!

This is the second book from The Light Blade series. I feel that if I don't write something about this book I am not giving Kylie Griffin the due praise she deserves for this well-written work. This is deserving of five stars, considering how well the author wrote this technically, creating a romance and plot that is original, compelling, well-balanced and explored.

While it is normal to have a "save-th...more
Edan Marie Esquibel
Alliance Forged is the second book of the Light Blade Series.

This time, Varian is on the lime light, along with Kymora. Okay, so why 3 stars? (Actually, I feel giving it a 3.5 stars) (Goodreads should have .5s here)

1. I liked this book but I can't help but feel there's something lacking.

2. Not to compare and be judgmental, but my expectation were high after reading Vengeance Born. maybe I expected too much? Not that the book is not great, but the events concerning the demons, humans and Na'Chi...more
Bec McMaster
One word: Varian.

Okay, maybe a few more words than that. This book is awesome. It's fantasy-romance with fascinating world building and a great pair of leads that have real chemistry with each other as well as a hefty dose of respect. Don't expect any alpha bullshit from the hero, he's tormented, but he honestly respects Kymora and I loved that so much. As for Kymora, she may be blind, but she's not going to let that stop her from doing anything. I loved her attitude and the fact that when Vari...more
Malory
Alliance Forged is the second book in a series written by Kylie Griffin and is a good addition to the romantic fantasy genre.

I was super excited about this book when it came out because I fell in love with the world Ms. Griffin constructed and with the characters portrayed. It was a good book filled with action, fantasy, and romance, but I didn't think it was as good as the first book. I liked the main characters Varian and Kymora, but the book dragged a little bit. The romance, though apparent,...more
Malia
I was wary about starting this book even though I loved the first one in this series. I wasn't sure if this one would be as good as the first since most series fall flat at book two. But my wariness was for naught since this book was not only as good as the first but better. Varian and Kymora are amazing together. They complement each other so perfectly and I loved how their relationship and feelings for each other wasn't spontaneous. I'm also happy to see that the alliance between humans and Na...more
Vivienne
Kylie Griffin continues to amaze in Alliance Forged with her captivating world building. She develops the relationships formed in Vengeance Born, and whilst Alliance Forged is centred on different main characters, the people we've already fallen in love with are still key players in this second book.

Again, even having read this book before, I found myself invested in the different characters, enthralled by their journeys and wasn't able to put the book down before I'd finished it.

Very much look...more
Kathy
Alliance Forged – the 2nd book in Kylie Griffin’s Light Blade Series is another great read in the series. I feel you should read No 1 – Vengeance Born first though. The relationship with Kymora and Varian was something special. I found this book though a tad more on the romance side than the romance/action that we had in the first novel. Not quite as good as the first – but still good and I will for sure be reading No 3 now out….
Jenny Delandro
Kymora is blind and is the temple elect for the religion in their land... mains she is in charge...
Varian is the leader of a group seeking alliance with Kymora's people...
I have not read the first book and felt the lack of knowledge keenly..
Interesting threads that are not complete in this book and I want to know what happens next..
Larisa
Thoroughly enjoyed this second adventure into the Lady's world of Light Swords, Na'Chi and Na'Reish. With so much world building accomplished in the first book, this second focuses further on the emotional struggles of being Na'Chi and trying to integrate with the humans.

Anxiously awaiting the third installment.
Cell1e
The first book was great, lots of action, adventure, romance and suspense.
This book is completely different, slow paced, a lot of political stuff and heart to hearts which can be excruciating for the reader if not handled well. For me this book dragged. Not enough action adventure and excitement. :(
Wendy
This is a fascinating series. Interesting world. Scene with Rystin was my favorite-powerful.
The Light Blade series is much more than a collection of paranormal romances. This is an epic-scale fantasy with a building war, a hidden past, and a race of people with their work cut out for them.
Hilary
The Light Blades and Na'Chi continue to build their alliance; this time the story focuses on Varian and Kymora. The struggles they face in their friendship, the need to trust and be truthful, feel very real and cover over the slight deficiencies in the prose.
  • Inherit
  • Touch of the Angel (Demons of Infernum, #3)
  • My Lady Mage (Warriors of the Mist, #1)
  • Locked in Silence (Grimm's Circle, #5)
  • Primal Pleasure (Pendragon Gargoyles, #3)
  • Liquid Lies (The Elementals, #1)
  • Forsaken By Shadow (Mirus, #1.1)
  • The Lone Warrior (The Four-Sided Pentacle, #3)
  • Smolder (Dragon Souls, #1)
  • Katie's Hope (Rhyn Trilogy, #2)
  • Deliverance (Mortal Path, #3)
  • Falling Blind (Sentinel Wars, #7)
  • The Winter King
  • Morning Star (Equinox #1)
  • Tainted Night, Tainted Blood (Kat Redding, #2)
  • Scandalous (Playing with Fire #3)
  • Entasy (Prophecies of The Nine, #0.5)
  • The Darkest Day (Immortal Heat, #1)
Kylie Griffin’s addiction to all things paranormal started at an early age when she imagined the jacaranda tree in her front yard was a spaceship or castle tower used to defend the world from hordes of invading enemies. Writing stories seemed like a natural extension.

By day she’s a primary school teacher but at night she writes paranormal romances for the Berkley Sensation line. She credits two wo...more
More about Kylie Griffin...
Vengeance Born (The Light Blade, #1) Allegiance Sworn (The Light Blade, #3)