Start by marking “Temptation” as Want to Read:

Includes:
- Goodnight Kiss
- Goodnight Kiss 2
- The Vampire Club

Cruel Intentions meets The Vampire Diaries in this sexy packaging of a classic vampire duology from bestselling author R.L. Stine.

In this collection of three fan-favorite stories, the vampires of Sandy Hollow crave the summer months. Summer means plenty of beach tourists…and plenty of fresh blood after months of
Published July 10th 2012 by Simon Pulse (first published July 30th 2008)

Tammy ~Witching Hour Reads~
Jan 05, 2014 Tammy ~Witching Hour Reads~ rated it it was amazing
I read these books back when they were first published in the early 90s, still in grade school, I fell in love with the covers and R.L. Stine Fear Street series. Thus my love of vampires and all things paranormal started, I was hooked I remember waiting to get my allowance and begging to be taken to the book store so I could spend said allowance picking up various Fear Street books. I was obsessed I even scoured our library in town, a local branch for everything Fear Street, I read everything he ...more
PrincyJessie
Sep 26, 2012 PrincyJessie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: finished
PLOt = Thirsty vampires one game, you need to take three sips of blood but you can't kill the person. Its summer and vampires are getting really really hungry.
Characters = Jessica = I love books with my names in it lol, I love her and she is one gorgeous vampire that is innocent on the outside. I love how snarky she is and she is similar to katherine in vampire diares. I love her bet with Gabri. Gabri= the hot handsome dude, he is a vampire and I love his relationship with April there are some t
Alex
Oct 07, 2012 Alex rated it it was ok
This book featured Fear Street's "Goodnight Kiss" and "Goodnight Kiss 2", as well as a (very) short story called "The Vampire Club" that I'd never read.

Wow. I really didn't remember those two books being as lame as they were! Every time I read the word "nectar" I almost busted a gut laughing. I didn't think it was possible for these vampires to be any cheesier than they already were, but then they'd throw out the "So thirsty! I need the nectar NOW!" and I was proven wrong.

The second one is actua
Hannah Haertl
Sep 19, 2012 Hannah Haertl rated it it was amazing

This book, oh my goodness, this book kept me up for hours on end. I'd spend the extra time I had in class reading; just being completely addicted to what I had in my hands. I would recommend this book to anyone who has a mind for good books. It will keep you up at night; wondering what is going to happen next. I'll admit, I'm not one for vampires but that's what made this book amazing. Everyone should get a chance to read it.
Michelle Arrow
Mar 08, 2014 Michelle Arrow rated it it was ok
Shelves: vampires
Goosebumps, Goosebumps, Goosebumps. R.L. Stine is known for Goosebumps, and when I saw this at the bookstore, I’m like “He wrote a teen book? Cool beans bro.” So I obviously picked this up and couldn't wait to begin it.

Vampires are probably the cheesiest things to write about these days, I’m sick of reading about them. It’s always the same thing in every single book, like how far can you go with this subject? Let me tell you, not that far at all.

This is about the known vampires, the cheesy
Silva Libohova
Sep 16, 2012 Silva Libohova rated it liked it
Temptation by R. L Stine was a very interesting book. The way it started off was something really new and different to me. It wasn't like the other typical "vampire" books i knew about. The two vampires in the very beginning of this book did not even know that the other one was a vampire. They were both going on a date to drain their date of blood, only to find out that the other was trying to do the same. I thought that was quite comical in a way. Along with this though, the book is not really ...more
Valerie
Jan 03, 2016 Valerie rated it liked it
I wish I could say that I loved this book but honestly by the second half I expected the supposed "shocker" and I was right. it was still a good read though.
lalakary
Aug 25, 2012 lalakary rated it it was amazing
r.l. stine has a twisted imagination just saying... how can u expect a happy ending with this guy??? this is why i love his books
Leslie
May 21, 2017 Leslie rated it did not like it
this book was so bad I can't. cheesiest thing I've ever read. I barely finished it, the characters were so basic the plot was so simple it could have been shorter. also Nectar? really. this book was lame I didn't enjoy it at all
Darkness
Apr 30, 2013 Darkness rated it did not like it
Temptation is about vampires. That alone was enough to make me skeptical. If you don't follow there, I think vampires are overdone. And for the people that love them, I will agree there are a few good adaptations, but for the most part I feel that people are just trying to ride what I like to call the "List of Plots Teens Will Like Train" *cough* sparkly fairies in twilight *cough*. So with that in mind let's talk about 'Temptation' shall we?

The beginning starts sightly promising. It starts wit
Mehsi

This book features 3 stories. 2 long and 1 really short story.
The first two are related to each other, though no clue how much time is between them.
Both stories feature vampires (or Eternal Ones) who do a bet to make the summer a bit more exciting. Story 1 features 2 vampires, and story 2 has 3 vampires. In story 2 someone from story 1 makes an appearance, well actually the whole story is about her. (view spoiler)
Maddie Paitz
The book, Temptation by R.L. Stein, is divided into three stories. These stories are Goodnight Kiss, Goodnight Kiss 2, and The Vampire Club. Goodnight Kiss and Goodnight Kiss 2 take place in Sandy Hollow, which is a popular town in the summer for beach tourists. However, the town is also a popular town for vampires, for this is best season for fresh human blood. In Goodnight Kiss, two vampires named Gabri and Jessica decide to have a little competition to see who can turn their victim into a va ...more
Billie Pritchett
Aug 17, 2016 Billie Pritchett rated it liked it
Shelves: ya-fiction
I like the book, but it's pure cheese. Temptation by R.L. Stine is actually two books, Goodnight Kiss and Goodnight Kiss 2, and a short story called "Vampire Club." Goodnight Kiss I'd read when I was in middle school, Goodnight Kiss 2 I'd owned but never read. I was unfamiliar with "Vampire Club" before reading it in this volume. I don't know why exactly it's included because, aside from being about vampires, it does not seem to fit with the other two books.

The truth about this volume is that th
Hannah
May 06, 2015 Hannah rated it it was ok
Shelves: ew-why
Okay this book was easy enough to read. But the writing was insufferable. The characters were annoying as all hell and basically had no personality other than party boy and bitchy girl. Oh there was also the quiet, shy one. The two stories (not including that last mini one) both seemed like they were just different versions of the same story. Annoying vampires? Check. Vampires make a bet to turn human into vampire? Check. Stupid, unsuspecting teenagers? Check. Bratty little sibling(s)? Check. Fr ...more
Maya H.
Jul 25, 2015 Maya H. rated it it was ok
Mileena
Jun 20, 2014 Mileena rated it really liked it
4.5/5 stars

Goodnight Kiss
5/5 stars

Sure the characters in this one were a little generic, but hey, it's RL Stine here. I did love the depth that the two vampire characters specifically had. I loved the scene with Todd in Matts room, it gave me the chills and I adored the fact that all of the myths and lore that come with original vampires were kept in this version of them.

Goodnight Kiss 2
3/5 stars

Kind of repetitive compared to the first one. It pissed me off that Billy was so gung h
Sofia Nadezhdina
Dec 27, 2012 Sofia Nadezhdina rated it really liked it
Shelves: unit-2
I could not put Temptation down as I turned page by page of a 3- story,vampire,fast paced and mysterious book. This is not a typical "Twilight story", It is a new and fresh novel that keeps you waiting till the very end. R.L Stine knows how to crank up the heat by putting time limits and setting goals for characters. As I was reading I thought I knew everything, but an imperative puzzle piece was missing. In the end, this essential piece was recovered and painted in a new light. I would recommen ...more
Ekko  Lyn Fosc
Dec 18, 2013 Ekko Lyn Fosc rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
i think the main idea of the story was great, but after Goodnight Kiss I knew what was going to happen in Goodnight 2. Still, mostly good character design in this book, though there were some mistakes that clashed with the whole vampire-not vampire-thing. Still, R.L Stine did a good job making the vampires seem attractive in an abnormal way and make the oblivious characters seem oblivious. I found that at some points it was almost difficult to tell when the character was thinking: there would be ...more
Claire Okon
Jan 20, 2016 Claire Okon rated it did not like it
Awful. I loved the Goosebumps series as a kid, so when I saw that R.L. Stine had come out with a young adult novel, I was obviously pretty excited. I thought that since it was not targeted for kids, it would have better quality writing than his other books.
I was wrong. I never even made it past the first chapter. Maybe I'm being too harsh, or maybe I should have given it a chance and muddled through, but I had a headache not two pages in. I might try it again one day, but I don't have high expec
Janell
Oct 28, 2012 Janell added it
This book was simply amazing. The vampires all played a game. The first one to turn a human into an Eternal one wins. There is a catch though only three sips a night. More than three sips will kill the human. They do not want dead bodies because then the beach will get closed down. The first two vampires are Jessica and Gabri. They both win the contest. But then they both get killed. Next is Irene, Kylie and April. April is really Diana. She wants to kill the vampires because they turned her cou ...more
Azura Chan
May 08, 2013 Azura Chan rated it it was ok
The first part was OK. When it comes to the second part, the plot was getting bored. Why everybody turned out to be vampires? The ending was expected from the beginning.. The way he wrote keep on reminding me that this is a teenage book (90s style of horror movie). I shouldn't expect something a little bit heavy plot here. Overall, it was OK, if I am still a teenager reading this book back in 90s....
Ktine
Dropped. It was too painful to read. In my opinion, the characters seem one-dimensional, like paper characters. The conversations seemed unnatural and forced. There was also something that kept on peeving me ever since I opened the book. Vampires call blood NECTAR? REALLY?

I was a big fan of R.L. Stine. I read a lot of Goosebumps back when I was around ten. I'm not sure if this was just too juvenile for me or...
Anne
Sep 30, 2012 Anne rated it did not like it
Why in the world did I buy this book? It must have been the cover. Anyway,Temptation is read like a children's book. I grew up on R. L. Stine loved most of his earlier works, when I was around twelve years old. The problem with this book, is that it's written for a very young audience I am thinking from ten to fifteen.

As an adult that has read her fair share of great horror books, this attempt at a vampire tale by Mr. Stine was horrible. I want my money back!
Sarina
Feb 03, 2014 Sarina rated it liked it
Typical R.L Stine writing, not much improvement from the books I read in third grade. However it was indeed hooking enough to capture my attention. It strikes me as the type of book that has childish writing with a teenagerish plot. Not really something you should go out of your way to read. The first story was the best, so if your going to read it that's probably the only somewhat worthwhile one.
Angeline Joseph
Oct 27, 2012 Angeline Joseph rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-2012

Ok. I'll start off my little rant by saying that I totally love R.L.Stine BUT this book wasn't as thrilling as I expected. This book, I feel, is all the way rushed especially the part where Billy and Diana go hunting for vampires. Ugh! This book is very disappointing but I have to say that those little twists and turns in the story were totally unexpected. But I feel R.L.Stine can do better.:(
Jen
Jan 04, 2014 Jen rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: jan-2014
This book unfortunately is for a way younger group of readers. It's a set of three stories all about the same thing. Vampire teenagers who turn into bats and run and summer vacation island. I liked the first mini story Goodnight Kiss but the others ones just seemed really young and I wasn't interested anymore. A bet between two vampires to get the most "nectar" and your friends end up dead or vampires.
Nadia
Jul 16, 2014 Nadia rated it really liked it
I think it was a great book with twists at the end of each story that left me shocked. :)I liked the characeters and their dialogue and how the vampires have a bit of old fashion lore around them such as sunlight weekness, not being able to eat anything, and being able to turn into bats. Over all I would recomend this book to any fans of the Goosebumps books or vampire books in general!
Shrinking Violet
This book caught my attention as soon as I opened it.It was a classic R.L Stine not lacking in horror or crazy plot twists.I loved how this book had me on edge.The only negative thing I have to say is I don't really get how the last little story goes with the rest of the book either way I still loved reading it.
Casey
Jan 07, 2014 Casey rated it it was amazing
Shelves: physical-copies
I absolutely enjoyed this book. The plot twists are crazy! Reading these stories felt like watching vampire movies.

I love R.L. Stine's writing style. This is the first R.L. Stine book I've read and now I know why he's so popular. I'm definitely checking out his other works. This book got me out of my reading slump. Perfect read!
Jackie
Jul 07, 2016 Jackie rated it it was ok
For me this would've gotten two and a half stars. I didn't hate the story and it was pretty easy to get through, but I felt that each turn in the story was too predictable. A good read for something light and middle grade though, I just personally didn't enjoy it too much
  • The Blood Coven Vampires, Volume 1 (Blood Coven Vampire, #1-2)
  • Fangtastic (Vamped, #3)
  • Made for Each Other (My Boyfriend Is a Monster, #2)
  • Dark Moon (Wereling, #2)
  • Vampier in de school
  • One Thing or Your Mother (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 2, #10)
  • Blood Lovers
  • Flirting with Italian
  • Hell Phone
  • ロザリオとバンパイア season II 14 [Rozario to Banpaia Season II 14] (Rosario+Vampire Season II, #14)
  • The Myth of Repressed Memory: False Memories and Allegations of Sexual Abuse
  • And This Is Laura
  • Balefire (Balefire, #1-4)
  • Shadow Falls: The Next Chapter: Taken at Dusk and Whispers at Moonrise
  • The Train
  • The Witch is Back (Life's a Witch, #3)
  • Fang Girl
  • The Vampire's Promise (The Vampire's Promise, #1-3)

R. L. Stine b