Forsaken (The Fallen, #4)

Forsaken (The Fallen #4)

4.06 of 5 stars 4.06  ·  rating details  ·  799 ratings  ·  57 reviews
Half angel and half human, Aaron holds the weight of the world in his hands in the fourth book of the New York Times bestselling The Fallen series.

The war between Heaven and Hell rages on. The devil has possessed Lucifer’s body and is intent on unleashing unfathomable chaos in the world. But no matter the cost, Aaron and the other Nephilim are determined to protect humanit...more
Published August 14th 2012 by Simon Pulse

To ask other readers questions about Forsaken, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Forsaken

Stuck in Between by Blakely BennettHush, Hush by Becca FitzpatrickThe Fallen and Leviathan by Thomas E. SniegoskiCrescendo by Becca FitzpatrickKings & Queens by Courtney Vail
Hottest Males in a Book
7th out of 41 books — 47 voters
Walking Disaster by Jamie McGuireNever Too Far by Abbi GlinesEntwined with You by Sylvia DayReckless by S.C. StephensThe Redemption of Callie & Kayden by Jessica Sorensen
2013 New Adult Releases
350th out of 1,158 books — 2,996 voters

More lists with this book...

Melissa Marlow
I finally finished it. I found it hard to read this time, only because of the devastation that the Nephilim are going through. Aaron, Gabrial (the amazing dog), Vilma, and Jermey have all returned. The darkness has grown strong, strong enough to engulf one of them. The beast is one that all of us know well, FEAR. They are presented an opportunity to actually make a difference and change the outcome, but the story doesn’t go like it should.

Jeremy is off with his mother, and a baby that speaks lik...more
Carlos Eduardo
I finished the entire book in one whole day, I just could not put it down. Great work from Thomas Sniegoski and the narrative was amazingly written, even though there were places where (even for the realm of the story he had pushed to far, talking dog and mouse...) but I was pleasantly surprised and happily accepted that I was wrong.
One of the few flaws that I see now with the entire story arc is that now that I have enjoyed four great novels, how will it feel to finish the series with the next...more
Jacquline
Shaheen
Forsaken is an apt title for the book, since it's about an Earth that has been cut off from heaven, and the dormant evil forces of the world have come out to play. To make matters worse, Satan (who is not Lucifer Morningstar) is determined to lead these beings in a bid to take over the world now that Heaven's influence has been stemmed. There are only a handful of Nephilim left to stand against him, and Aaron and Vilma have to pick and choose their battles carefully, condemning some people to di...more
Mar
Great! Just great! This installment to The Fallen series was excellent. All hell is breaking loose and Aaron and his friends are trying hard to get rid of the darkness. The only problem is that they keep running into one disaster after another. Things are looking good for the Nephilim.

This book finished filling in all the holes left of information. It had a good amount of action and mystery. The action is nonstop and keeps you captivated wanting to see what happens next. There's also new charac...more
Well, I'm quite exhausted now that I finally got to the end of book 4. But as fantastic as this story is, alas there is book 5 for me to get.

I'm so glad that my beautiful Nephilim is still alive, nearly had an attack when he was stabbed by Satan. He's not out of the woods yet, in fact (Spoiler allert) Nice cliff hanger of an ending.

I was quite concerned & then realised I was running out pages fast & knew then that there had to be another book, cause there was no way it was ending that f...more
P.M.
The Darkness is coming earlier and lasting longer. It is bringing monsters of all types to harvest humanity. Aaron, Vilma, Melissa, and Cameron are the only Nephilim left to fend off the rising power of the Darkstar. Lorelei is wasting away and Dusty is consumed by visions from the Instrument. Lucifer is missing and Verchiel has returned. Somehow Aaron as the Chosen One, must find a way to reconnect Earth to Heaven. Some mysterious Architects and some creepy Sisters of Umbra are standing in his...more
Elvia
I liked this book much better than any of the other books. Sniegoski seemed to take another stance I find the story making more sense with this book than the others even though he seemed to revamped the story line to extend the series. I like to follow a series to the end which is the only reason I found myself continuing it, but I'm glad now that I did seeing the story line pick up with more cohesiveness.

The Earth is separated from God and there is darkness, shadows and monsters pouring out fr...more
Jenny

*screaming* Argh!!!! Such a cliffhanger!!! I'm dying to have the 5th sequel of this book. At first, I thought the 3rd book was the end of it. But I was totally wrong... I was browsing new books in my favorite bookstore when I found this. I was really thinking... What the hell? 4th sequel of Fallen? So I grabbed it. And read it. And I as expected it has A LOT of jam packed actions scenes like the previous 3 books.

This book never fails to give me all kinds of emotions. Anger, sadness, love and ho...more
Michael Blackmore
Good but often sad penultimate volume of the series. Filled with set backs and spiraling threats to the lead characters to the point it made it hard to read, but still an entertaining reading as you wonder what is next. Already started the final volume to see.
Adam
Forsken is the fourth installment into the fallen series. book four picks up right where number three drops off lucifer has been posesed by Satan. the nephilim are dwindling in numbers and a new threat emerages from the shadows and has set irs sites on earth. I personally have always been a huge fan of these books, the story is amazing, the charcters are fun and realistic. the action continues from the last couple of books and the story continues to develop along with the charcters. this series...more
Shauna Leonhardt
best one so far!!! kept me going the whole time and full of action!! it seems hope is fading!! I am scared to move on but hoping for the best!!
Vanessa Horne
This book was way different than the normal angel/demon novels you might read. It isn't focused so much on the romance like most are and I really liked that about this book. Can't wait to see what the fifth one brings!
Angi
This one I'm giving a 3.5. Basically after the last one I just read it to finish the series because it was getting too crazy and depressing for me. It was a creative twist, but I just felt like it was too much. Anyhow, it started getting better- more things coming together and what not, while still staying fairly depressing- toward the end. Then much to my dismay I finished the book and discovered the next one doesn't come out until next year, sigh. So now I mush wait to see if the ending sucks...more
Katie
Kdyby se čtyři díly zkrátily na dva, vůbec bych se nezlobila.
Naomi
I enjoy Sniegoski's writing but I didn't enjoy this book as much as some of the earlier ones.

That being said it was still an interesting read. It's hard to imagine the situation getting any worse for the beleaguered Nephilim. I'm keen to read the next and apparently last installment.
Julie Baker
I loved the first 3 so I tried and tried to get into this one and have finally conceded it. This one just doesn't work for me. It feels very much like he had a good thing going with the first three, but didn't know when to end on a high note - this one, for me, just drags the story on too long. I know there are others who love the series and loved this book too, so I'm probably in a minority here, but I'm throwing in the towel on it.
Amanda
Oct 03, 2012 Amanda added it
Shelves: 2012
God I was hoping this is the last one Im so revved up for the big show down!!! God the Nephilim are awesome, seriously. Brave, loyal, self sacrificing. In this intallment they grow up more and as they have to fight this seemingly ever gowing Evil they learn alot more abou their capabilities. The ending just left me agravated I hate ABOLUTELY HATE CLIFFHANGERS!!!!
Julia Leonard
I really want to read the last book to see if Aaron survives!!!!! I can't wait, the tension is so bad. Overall, it was a good book
Michelle Lunn
All these books keep me wanting more to see the Nephelium (half human half angel)trying to save the world from the darkness and the creatures in the dark. Its about good vs evil and it is very interesting to see this side of this. I dont want to say to much and give this away but it is worth the read if you like this kind of story.
mathjob
Bawi! This book is much much better than the previous. Tama lang ang drama, at ayos lang din action. Just enough not to be bothered by the ridiculous and stupid idea that Lucifer is not Satan. Yun lang talaga panira eh. Anyway anyway, I'm excited for the next and hopefully the final book. Tingnan natin kung matino ang ending.
May
I am/was a fan of this series. I had high expectations for this book. I couldn't really get into it though. I always found myself debating whether to pick it up again and continue reading or to do something else, come to say I still have not finished this. I doubt I'll finish it any time soon either.
Raechel
Aaron and the Nephilim battle monsters who are attracted to the darkness now surrounding a God free Earth. The war between good and evil barely seems fair with the light diminishing and the forces dwindling. Surprises surface and shocks abound during this sixth installment in The Fallen.
Amanda
'Forsaken' the fourth book in Thomas E Sniegoski's "Fallen series is a wonderful addition to the series I found myself enjoying this one more than previous three I'm looking forward to the fifth and final book 'Armageddon' when it comes out on August 13.
Noelle Walsh
Another great novel by Mr. Sniegoski! I can't wait to get my hands on the next book to see how things turn out, whether Lucifer gets free and how that twist ending resolves itself! I'll eat that book almost as quickly as I ate this one!
Mandy
Holy cow...I started off being a little bummed about this book because it was slow moving but then at about page 200 it just took off and was another awesome story. Ended with a crazy cliff hanger and I NEED TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS
Stacy
In spite of my meh attitude about the selective and erratic mixing of religion and mythology, I am enjoying this series. I like the twists and turns and the characters. I am looking forward to reading the conclusion.
Trisha ❁
I was literally crying. :'( I felt like I have lost hope. So disappointing at the end. I liked how it turned out anyway. I understand A LOT how the authors HURT AND TORTURE my fave characters. :'( 3 Stars.
Janeandjerry
ENJOYED THIS ONE AND CAN'T WAIT TO START NEXT IN SERIES...
Mia Israelsen Blackwelder
Nothing is happening with this storyline - it isn't even the last book, and I've lost interest. By page 150, there should be a much more interesting plot line going in book 4 of a series.
  • Counting Tens (Fenestra, #4)
  • Vanquished (Crusade, #3)
  • Montana Mavericks Weddings
  • Rebel (The Fallen, #4)
  • Everlasting (Kissed by an Angel, #5)
  • Kiss Me Quick (Kiss Me, #1)
  • Destiny (Immortal, #4)
  • Broken Dream (Dark Angel, #3)
  • Heaven (Halo, #3)
  • The Moment (Lila, #0.6)
  • Wicked Kiss (Nightwatchers, #2)
  • Guardian's Grace (Guardians of the Race, #1)
  • Thirst No. 5: The Sacred Veil (Thirst, #5)
  • Baby at His Convenience
  • Curse Workers #4
  • Shadows in the Silence (Angelfire, #3)
  • Rivals and Retribution (13 to Life, #5)
  • Nephilim (Academy of the Fallen, #2)
THOMAS E. SNIEGOSKI is the author of more than two dozen novels for adults, teens, and children. His teen fantasy YA series Fallen was adapted into a trilogy of monstrously successful TV movies by ABC Family Channel. His other books for teens include Sleeper Code, Sleeper Agenda, and Force Majeure, as well as the upcoming series The Brimstone Network. The author's first adult novel, A Kiss Before...more
More about Thomas E. Sniegoski...
The Fallen and Leviathan (The Fallen, #1-2) Aerie and Reckoning (The Fallen, #3-4) End of Days (The Fallen, #3) A Kiss Before the Apocalypse (Remy Chandler, #1) Dancing on the Head of a Pin (Remy Chandler, #2)