Start by marking “Illicit” as Want to Read:
Illicit

Illicit

3.57  ·  Rating Details  ·  777 Ratings  ·  90 Reviews
What began as a steamy weekend fling is about to change their lives forever.

When Lindsay receives a mysterious invitation to live out her most illicit fantasies, she thinks it's her best friend playing a joke. Little does she know, the invitation is from someone else. Someone who knows her deepest desires…and intends to fulfill them.

Erik is a man of many secrets, and he in
Published February 26th 2013 by St. Martin's Griffin

To ask other readers questions about Illicit, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Illicit

Chris- Bookaddict
Apr 03, 2013 Chris- Bookaddict rated it it was ok
Ok I gotta say this right off the bat , I HAD NO IDEA Aside from the Book Blurb what this book was about , and let me tell you It would of been nice if the author had posted a warning saying that this book had M/M, M/M/F . I had never read a M/M book before . I went into this blind , yes I finished reading it ,( I had to I paid $9.99 for it ) but I think for others the author should put that warning there .

This book blurb is kinda deceiving , as Yes Erik wants a weekend with Lindsay but what it
Cheryl
Feb 14, 2013 Cheryl rated it liked it
Lindsay is on her way to visit a friend. She rushes to the elevator only to run face first into a solid male chest of muscle. Once she removes herself from the chest she realizes that she is surrounded by three nice males.

Erik can sense that Lindsay is into him. Erik takes a chance and mysteriously invites Lindsay to a fun weekend. At first Lindsay thinks the invite is from her girlfriend and they are going to have a ladies weekend but once she realizes who the invite is from and that it is not
Amy Jacobs
Feb 08, 2013 Amy Jacobs rated it did not like it
Shelves: books-i-own
Usually author Opal Carew is a must read for me. I love her writing and the fantasy worlds she can create within the covers of a book (and between the sheets for her characters). With Illicit though, I was less than pleased with the story unfortunately.

The summary of this book sounded really good. I was excited to start another book by this author and dying to see what she would bring for Lindsay and Erik. The first few pages I was interested. The few pages after that were okay. Then it went dow
JoAnne
Feb 24, 2013 JoAnne rated it liked it
This was so out of my comfort zone it wasn't funny.
I won this book in a contest and boy was it hot!
One woman, 3 men and a fantasy weekend and there was a storyline.
Thomaidha Papa
Mar 16, 2013 Thomaidha Papa rated it it was ok
1.5~2 Hearts

Review written for MM Good Book Reviews

Lindsay has had it bad in her life. Her stepmother constantly makes her feel unworthy and her latest relationship literally destroyed her self-esteem when she found her ex with two other women in bed. Yes, and his parting words that she’s boring didn’t help either.

But an almost embarrassing incident in the elevator that involved Lindsay falling face first to a wall of muscles triggered a series of fantasies
Francesca the Fierce (Under the Covers Book Blog)

ILLICIT is my first dabble into Opal Carew. I’ve had this author on my never ending TBR for a long time but for one reason or another I never picked up a book. So this one fell on my lap and I was very excited to try the author, plus I thought the blurb sounded interesting.

Here’s what I quickly realized, and it may just be specific to how I feel about this book. It’s completely centered around sex, and I think the sex was overwhelming the story. I’m not sure if her other books are like that as
Nadia
Dec 30, 2015 Nadia rated it did not like it
This felt very one dimensional, the characters were horrible, there was no plot whatsoever. Basically, it was just a constant stream of badly written orgies.
LaFleurBleue
Sep 17, 2013 LaFleurBleue rated it liked it
Shelves: erotica, romantica, e-book
Compared to other eroticas, the plot is rather simple. I liked that it did not involve having sex with other people to learn to show or accept your feelings for someone, as it too often does in this author's books.
The characters had potential but it could have been developed more.
My main disappointment regards the hot scenes which I found slightly clinical and repetitive, and thus really below what Ms. Carew is able to write.
Jenn
Apr 25, 2015 Jenn rated it did not like it
Shelves: couldn-t-finish
I am all for sexy scenes and fantasies, but this book had NO PLOT! It was all sex. There would be a paragraph of non sex and then pages of sex. I ended on page 108 because I couldn't take it anymore. It wasn't romantic or loving it was men always ready and Lindsey who was supposed to be shy but that was never shown. I agree with some of the other comments - there is no prep it is just full on go for it. In one sentence they are talking and the next sentence they are already having sex. It was su ...more
Delpha
May 16, 2013 Delpha rated it really liked it
These three men are H.O.T. Hot
If you are not into books with bisexual men this one certainly isn't for you. These men are all kinds of hot for her and for each other and with three of them someone is always ready for action. Also has a decent storyline and ending although mostly it was about the sex.
Lita
Apr 22, 2013 Lita rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
Sad to say that this book was only 4 stars, I thought this book really shook me to my toes, but not to my core... Nevertheless, this book was enticing, wild, and outrageously unique compared to other books I've read so far. Can honestly say that I have never read anything like this before.
Tia
Mar 04, 2013 Tia rated it really liked it
Yeah, this novel was pretty much my fantasy. However I was kind of ticked it ended with them all just getting together. I wanted to know that they made it, got married, had babies. hah. I really thought it was great though and well written but what else can you expect from Opal Carew?
Akanksha❤ Søren♰
Maybe if the starting was better and they didn't get the whole 'ABILITY' thingie into the novel, this would have been a 4 Star read.
I love MMF books.. they are HOT.
This was like SMUT to the brim.. too much sex happening :P
Decent read for a bored person :P
Nicci   ☞ Hell Raisin Sugar  ☜
This book would have been a four star for me had we been given an epilogue....

This book was HAWT. Scorching. I don't think some of the sexual feats in this book are actually possible, but they were hot nonetheless.

Jackie
Mar 22, 2013 Jackie rated it really liked it
Way to live out ones sexual fantasy!! Wow very steamy. Some people aren't into the kinkyness. It's wether u love it or hate it. Just gotta be sure with your sexuality.
Winfield
OMG... TO ALL MY FREAKY FETISH LOVERS who are into BDSM pick this book up and read it without stopping. Putting this book on my .
Tiffany
May 09, 2013 Tiffany rated it really liked it
The blurb for this book definitely didn't prepare me for the contents! But after reading it all I can say is WOW!!! Seriously, that's all I have.....
Jann
May 05, 2013 Jann rated it liked it
I had no clue what I was getting into when I started reading this book! Let's just say I was intrigued where it was going to go.
Sam
Jun 30, 2014 Sam rated it it was ok
Shelves: love, hot, romance
I have to agree with the majority of the reviews... I went into this pretty blind too!!
I've got to admit the M/M was a bit much at the beginning, and I debated on whether I should read on or not, but the more the book went on the more I came around! M/M isn't my thing, but holy-cow some of those scenes are undeniably hot!!

The downside to the book was that although we all love a little hot read, usually there is a storey to follow with twists and turns like any other book... I did feel this was p
Kim Perry
Jan 16, 2014 Kim Perry rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed Illicit. Lindsay was betrayed in her last relationship and is not looking for a relationship, but when she trips entering an elevator, she fantasizes about the three sexy men riding with her. Later, she has the opportunity to turn those fantasies into reality with Erik, Connor, and Travis. Lindsay quickly develops a deep bond with Erik and she provides Travis with a level of acceptance he has rarely found. Relationships are tested when Erik refuses to trust Lindsay with his secr ...more
May Mostly Romance
เราคงตองเริมตนดวยการบอกมาตรฐานการใหคะแนนเรืองแนวอีโรติกโรแมนซของเรากอนนะคะ

เนืองจากเราไมคอยเปนกลางเทาไหรนัก ความเชือของเรากคือ เรืองแนวอีโรติกโรแมนซไมใชหนังสือทีมีสาระมากนัก เราไมคอยเชือวา การแบงหนากระดาษระหวางพลอตเรืองกับฉากเซกสในจำนวนทีพอ ๆ กันจะสามารถทำใหตัวละครมีความลึกได ดังนันในการตัดสินเรืองแนวนี เรากตัดสินอยางงาย ๆ คะ คือ ฉากเซกสมันรอนแรงมากแคไหน อยางไรกตามกไมไดหมายความวา เราเหมาหมดวา อีโรติคโรแมนซจะเปนเรืองของเซกส เพราะเราเจอเรืองแนวนีทีเขียนไดดีมาก ๆ มากกหลายเลม เลมทีเราคิดวา มีสวนผสมล
Helyce
Previously reviewed at http://smexybooks.com/2013/02/review-...

I probably should not have accepted this arc to review. It’s very clear in the blurb that this is a story involving menage and I have been quite honest in my reviews here that books with that theme don’t always work for me. But I have to admit that I was very intrigued by the blurb. I mean, strictly from a “fantasy” stand point, who would not want to spend a weekend being worshiped, body and soul, by three gorgeous men who were at yo
Cocktails and Books
Mar 30, 2013 Cocktails and Books rated it really liked it
Shelves: cnb-reviewers
I read the premise for this book and knew I wanted to read it. It's not a traditional male/female romance. It's hot, hot, hot, and did I say hot!!

Lindsay is reeling from the experience of walking in on her boyfriend in bed with 2 other women. He defends his infidelity by telling her that she is boring in bed and her mother reinforces his opinion. Needless to say Lindsay is short on self-esteem and confidence. She literally bumps into 3 hot guys on an elevator and begins to imagine sex with them.
Mar 24, 2013 Jennifer rated it it was ok
The book opens with Lindsay stumbling into an elevator and ends with her falling in love. Little does she know that her less than graceful entry into the elevator would lead to an invitation to experience a smoking hot weekend with three incredibly handsome men whose sole focus is her pleasure. Lindsay accepts the invitation because she believes it is a joke from her best friend and will simply be a relaxing girl’s weekend in a swanky penthouse.

Erik, Connor, and Travis share an unconventional l
Nicola Sheridan
Mar 01, 2014 Nicola Sheridan rated it liked it
Shelves: erotic-romance
Well... this was not my usual reading material. I'd never really considered the machinations of functional sexual foursome (M M F M). So in this regard it was interesting. I wouldn't recommend this book for the faint of heart or initiated erotica reader. It was full of sex, sex and more sex - which is great if that's what you're after. I'd say if you're of a curious nature, looking for buzz and open minded then this is the read for you.
Emily
When Lindsay receives an invitation to have her every fantasy fulfilled by three men, she believes this is a gift from her friend who knows she is struggling right now. When she sees it’s the three men she had seen on an elevator, clad in only a towel heading to the pool she is not certain if she can go through with it. The connection to Erik is instant and cannot be denied. With Travis and Connor willing to show her every delight she could ever imagine she finds herself falling hard especially ...more
Jaskreet Johal
May 11, 2013 Jaskreet Johal rated it liked it
ok well this book took me by shock the stuff in the book was all new to me i never before had read a book like this at one point i was like OMG AM I REALLY READING this and that i should stop i didn't think it was going to be my kind of book but i had to read on to no what happened my cheeks sometimes would be as red as rose but im glad i kept reading i would recommend this book to OPEN minded ppl but its totally worth a read Illicit opened me into a entire new world on SEX PERIOD!!!! i couldn't ...more
Kristen
Aug 24, 2015 Kristen rated it it was ok
Had a hard time deciding how many stars to give this. I landed on 2 because I read it faster than that awful maya banks book... Anyways. I really loved how quick the story was. I appreciated that I wasn't dragged though a lengthy back story that ultimately wouldn't matter by the end. My only complaint really was the lack of warning that this book involved male on male action. The summary of the book is super mild compared to the sexual imagery Opal Carew threw at me. Other than the surprise of w ...more
Sonya
Jan 02, 2015 Sonya rated it liked it
I really don't know how to rate this book or what to say about it. I loved Erik and I thought some of the scenes were pretty hot and a few were just a little unbelievable. But because I wanted her to fall in love with Erik and Erik fall for her and it actually happened I give the book a high 3 stars.
Sharyn
Jun 24, 2014 Sharyn rated it liked it
A lot of fantasy sex. 3 men, one woman, all sharing each other. Some of it didn't even sound possible or comfortable. Throw in some sex mind reading, and a rich police officer willing to share home and woman with his 2 bisexual roommates. Yep that's the story.
  • Serving Him: Sexy Stories of Submission
  • O Christmas Three (Texas Highlanders Ice Hockey, #0.5)
  • Past Midnight (DeKnight, #1)
  • Blush (In Vino Veritas, #1)
  • Two Geeks And Their Girl
  • Desire's Edge (Edge, #2)
  • Shared
  • By Private Invitation (Salon Games, #1)
  • Sexcapades
  • Nothing Between Us (Loving on the Edge, #7)
  • The Darker Side of Pleasure
  • The Dirty Girls Book Club
  • Haven of Obedience
  • Claudine
  • Play it Again, Sam  (Cougar Challenge, #1)
  • A Little Harmless Ride (Harmless, #9)
  • The Switch
  • The Story of  X
206712
New York Times and USA Today bestselling author, Opal Carew loves cats, Zentangle, and wild nail polish!

More about Opal Carew...