Start by marking “Dragon's Teeth” as Want to Read:
Dragon's Teeth
Open Preview read excerpt

Dragon's Teeth

4.19 of 5 stars 4.19  ·  rating details  ·  31 ratings  ·  9 reviews
You can never outrun your past... After years of war ravage the globe and decimate humanity, civilization is revitalized in the city of New Arcadia, a cybernetic playground where longevity treatments promise near immortality. Detective Cyrus, fond of fedoras and narcotics, is hired by Benji MacDowell, heir-apparent to an eugenics empire, to find MacDowell's long-lost biolo ...more
Published November 1st 2011 by Divertir Publishing LLC

To ask other readers questions about Dragon's Teeth, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dragon's Teeth

Midu Hadi
Sadia
This is the first book I won! Thanks for the giveaway guys! And I'm super excited, it's been a really captivating book so far, will follow up with a nice long review as soon as I finish reading! :)

Update: Finished reading! Time to review now

Dragon’s teeth gave me the goose bumps.

I loved reading it!

It made me uncomfortable, but kept me enthralled, I don’t think I’ve enjoyed reading the dystopian genre so much since 1984 and Brave New world.

Suzanne Van Rooyen has a wonderful style of storytelli
Aderyn Wood
Dragon's Teeth by Suzanne Van Rooyen, is a futuristic scifi that the author describes as a "cyberpunk/dystopian noir". I have to say that it is not my usual read, but I really enjoyed this and would recommend it without hesitation to scifi fans and anyone else for that matter.

The novel is set in a dystopian future, where people flock to "polycarbonate bubble" suburbias like New Arcadia, while the atmosphere undergoes a "Sky Rejuvenation Program". The story focuses on the central character of Cyr
R. Brennan
Feb 08, 2012 R. Brennan rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Sci-fi fans
Shelves: reviewed
I am general not much of a Science fiction reader, tending more towards the paranormal, romance and erotica stories when I am in the mood for a good read, so I jumped into this one a bit blind, as they say.

I have to say, despite not really getting into the story or the genre as a whole, I did enjoy the read. The author did a great job of pulling me into the story unfolding and after a few chapters, I was able to really relax into the story being presented. I admit to never really identifying wi
Rachael Woohoo
If you want to see more of my reviews, check out my blog @ Moosubi Reviews! Also check back on August 11 for my tour stop including a repost of this review & an international giveaway for a copy of this book!

Before I start my review, I want to point out what literally my face looked like when I was reading the last pages of the book.

Wait. What. Just. Happened.
*mind blown*

Dragon’s Teeth is a perfect testimony as to why I sometimes venture into the more “Adult” side of fiction – although there
Kimber Shook
This book is set up in three parts with several POV's. The beginning was a slow start. I wasn't really connecting with the beginning characters. When I hit the back story, I was absolutely hooked. I found myself so engrossed that I had trouble putting my kindle down for the night. My heart literally was pumping so hard that I really couldn't wait until the next morning to start up again.

Cyrus is a detective that was hired by Benji wanting to know more about his parents. He was adopted and knew t
Kirsten Everett
I loved this book. It was captivating and really enjoyable.
Well Done Suzanne!!
Meerit
The book consist of three parts and I really liked the middle one but if I hadn't read Obscura burning and loved it I don't know if I'd pushed through the first part. It was very stylish noir piece but I couldn't get any feel to the protagonist. I think the structure was a bit problematic. It was a interesting book but I felt it didn't quite reached the heights it could have.
Underground Book Reviews
What do you get when you combine a dystopian setting with genetically enhanced soldiers, drug-trafficking and a cynical detective? Dragon's Teeth. Although the title of Suzanne Van Rooyen's debut novel may incite images of characters from a fantasy book, there are neither dragons nor elves between the pages. Instead, we are launched into a world of robots and synthetic food, where having imperfect genetics is a crime, plastic surgery is the norm and no one remembers what the sun feels like on th ...more
Dave-Brendon Burgh
Dave-Brendon Burgh marked it as to-read
Nov 14, 2014
Dimitrios Giavroglou
Dimitrios Giavroglou marked it as to-read
Oct 22, 2014
Justine
Justine marked it as to-read
Oct 06, 2014
Mick Loves Books
Mick Loves Books marked it as to-read
Sep 20, 2014
Caelum Sheen
Caelum Sheen marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2014
Eliot Baker
Eliot Baker marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2014
Henna
Henna marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2014
Caroline
Caroline marked it as to-read
Sep 03, 2014
Kailyn Sarmiento
Kailyn Sarmiento marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2014
Lucia
Lucia marked it as to-read
May 30, 2014
Brin
Brin marked it as to-read
May 19, 2014
Moira Mcglynn
Moira Mcglynn marked it as to-read
May 11, 2014
Cristian Stier
Cristian Stier marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2014
Amy McNulty
Amy McNulty marked it as to-read
Jan 28, 2014
Janie
Janie marked it as to-read
Jan 06, 2014
Jemro
Jemro marked it as to-read
Dec 31, 2013
Anna Bastow
Anna Bastow marked it as to-read
Dec 26, 2013
Making Connections: # 15 - Suzanne Van Rooyen - DRAGON'S TEETH 15 67 Aug 20, 2012 04:17PM
Creative Reviews: Giving Away One Copy 2 5 Aug 18, 2012 03:08PM
Bloggers Unite™ : Win One Free Copy 1 4 Aug 14, 2012 04:57AM
Book Giveaways: Giving Away One Copy 1 7 Aug 14, 2012 04:53AM
Book Haven: Giving Away One Free Copy 1 7 Aug 14, 2012 04:42AM
Making Connections: Suzanne van Rooyen 8 41 Mar 29, 2012 07:25PM
  • The Lamplighters
  • The White Oak (Imperfect Darkness, #1)
  • Pressed: The Reluctant Hero Series
  • The Stillness of Time Travel (Benedict, #1)
  • Verita (Verita, #1)
  • The Other Alexander (The Bow of Heaven, #1)
  • Insanity
  • The Secret of the Elements
  • Dragonfriend: Leonard the Great, Book One
  • Wolf Hunt: The Burning Ages
  • Replenish the Earth
  • The Guardian's Apprentice (Beyond the Veil)
  • The Merchant of Dreams (Night's Masque, #2)
  • Praise of Motherhood
  • Wormwood
  • The New Death and others
  • Hanging Flynn
  • The Seventh Wave
I'm a YA author with a penchant for the dark and strange. I primarily write speculative fiction but enjoy literary writing as well. I occasionally delve into adult genres too.

I'm a musician and have a Master's degree in music, but I prefer writing strange stories, baking peanut butter cupcakes and playing with my shiba inu.

I'm repped by Jordy Albert of the Booker Albert Agency.

Publicity manager f
More about Suzanne van Rooyen...
Obscura Burning The Other Me I Heart Robot Helotry Pyrrhic Victory