Start by marking “Dragon's Teeth” as Want to Read:
Dragon's Teeth

Read Excerpt

Dragon's Teeth

4.26  ·  Rating Details  ·  34 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
You can never outrun your past... After years of war ravage the globe and decimate humanity, civilization is revitalized in the city of New Arcadia, a cybernetic playground where longevity treatments promise near immortality. Detective Cyrus, fond of fedoras and narcotics, is hired by Benji MacDowell, heir-apparent to an eugenics empire, to find MacDowell's long-lost biolo ...more
Published November 1st 2011 by Divertir Publishing LLC

To ask other readers questions about Dragon's Teeth, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dragon's Teeth

Midu Hadi
Mar 27, 2012 Midu Hadi rated it liked it
Recommends it for: people looking for something different
Sadia
Mar 04, 2012 Sadia rated it really liked it
This is the first book I won! Thanks for the giveaway guys! And I'm super excited, it's been a really captivating book so far, will follow up with a nice long review as soon as I finish reading! :)

Update: Finished reading! Time to review now

Dragon’s teeth gave me the goose bumps.

I loved reading it!

It made me uncomfortable, but kept me enthralled, I don’t think I’ve enjoyed reading the dystopian genre so much since 1984 and Brave New world.

Suzanne Van Rooyen has a wonderful style of storytelli
Aderyn Wood
Feb 18, 2012 Aderyn Wood rated it really liked it
Dragon's Teeth by Suzanne Van Rooyen, is a futuristic scifi that the author describes as a "cyberpunk/dystopian noir". I have to say that it is not my usual read, but I really enjoyed this and would recommend it without hesitation to scifi fans and anyone else for that matter.

The novel is set in a dystopian future, where people flock to "polycarbonate bubble" suburbias like New Arcadia, while the atmosphere undergoes a "Sky Rejuvenation Program". The story focuses on the central character of Cyr
R. Brennan
Feb 08, 2012 R. Brennan rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Sci-fi fans
Shelves: reviewed
I am general not much of a Science fiction reader, tending more towards the paranormal, romance and erotica stories when I am in the mood for a good read, so I jumped into this one a bit blind, as they say.

I have to say, despite not really getting into the story or the genre as a whole, I did enjoy the read. The author did a great job of pulling me into the story unfolding and after a few chapters, I was able to really relax into the story being presented. I admit to never really identifying wi
Rachael
If you want to see more of my reviews, check out my blog @ Moosubi Reviews! Also check back on August 11 for my tour stop including a repost of this review & an international giveaway for a copy of this book!

Before I start my review, I want to point out what literally my face looked like when I was reading the last pages of the book.

Wait. What. Just. Happened.
*mind blown*

Dragon’s Teeth is a perfect testimony as to why I sometimes venture into the more “Adult” side of fiction – although there
Kimber Shook
Aug 17, 2012 Kimber Shook rated it really liked it
This book is set up in three parts with several POV's. The beginning was a slow start. I wasn't really connecting with the beginning characters. When I hit the back story, I was absolutely hooked. I found myself so engrossed that I had trouble putting my kindle down for the night. My heart literally was pumping so hard that I really couldn't wait until the next morning to start up again.

Cyrus is a detective that was hired by Benji wanting to know more about his parents. He was adopted and knew t
Kirsten Everett
Dec 29, 2013 Kirsten Everett rated it really liked it
I loved this book. It was captivating and really enjoyable.
Well Done Suzanne!!
Meerit
The book consist of three parts and I really liked the middle one but if I hadn't read Obscura burning and loved it I don't know if I'd pushed through the first part. It was very stylish noir piece but I couldn't get any feel to the protagonist. I think the structure was a bit problematic. It was a interesting book but I felt it didn't quite reached the heights it could have.
Underground Book Reviews
Jun 05, 2013 Underground Book Reviews rated it really liked it
What do you get when you combine a dystopian setting with genetically enhanced soldiers, drug-trafficking and a cynical detective? Dragon's Teeth. Although the title of Suzanne Van Rooyen's debut novel may incite images of characters from a fantasy book, there are neither dragons nor elves between the pages. Instead, we are launched into a world of robots and synthetic food, where having imperfect genetics is a crime, plastic surgery is the norm and no one remembers what the sun feels like on th ...more
Melis
Melis marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2016
Jeana Phillips
Jeana Phillips marked it as to-read
Mar 20, 2016
Watermelon
Watermelon rated it it was amazing
Feb 11, 2016
Cecilia Dunbar Hernandez
Cecilia Dunbar Hernandez rated it it was amazing
Feb 05, 2016
Holly
Holly marked it as to-read
Dec 23, 2015
Ekaterina Trayt
Ekaterina Trayt rated it it was amazing
Nov 28, 2015
Christine
Christine marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2015
Avner
Avner marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2015
Jennifer Bardsley
Jennifer Bardsley marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2015
Melanie McFarlane
Melanie McFarlane marked it as to-read
Dec 01, 2015
Gracie Liberty
Gracie Liberty marked it as to-read
Apr 21, 2015
David Braude
David Braude marked it as to-read
Mar 27, 2015
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
Feb 10, 2015
Dave-Brendon Burgh
Dave-Brendon Burgh marked it as to-read
Nov 14, 2014
Justine
Justine marked it as to-read
Oct 06, 2014
Matilda Mavunga
Matilda Mavunga rated it really liked it
Oct 03, 2014
Mick Loves Books
Mick Loves Books marked it as to-read
Sep 20, 2014
Valistra
Valistra marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2014
Eliot Baker
Eliot Baker marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2014
Henna
Henna marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2014
Making Connections: # 15 - Suzanne Van Rooyen - DRAGON'S TEETH 15 67 Aug 20, 2012 04:17PM
Creative Reviews: Giving Away One Copy 2 5 Aug 18, 2012 03:08PM
Bloggers Unite™ : Win One Free Copy 1 4 Aug 14, 2012 04:57AM
Book Giveaways: Giving Away One Copy 1 7 Aug 14, 2012 04:53AM
Book Haven: Giving Away One Free Copy 1 7 Aug 14, 2012 04:42AM
Making Connections: Suzanne van Rooyen 8 43 Mar 29, 2012 07:25PM
  • The Lamplighters
  • The White Oak
  • The Secret of the Elements
  • The Stillness of Time Travel (Benedict, #1)
  • Verita (Verita, #1)
  • Pressed (The Kurt Vetter Trilogy, #2)
  • The Guardian's Apprentice (Beyond the Veil)
  • Holding Back the Day
  • Insanity
  • Reality Bites
  • The Undying
  • The New Death and others
  • Guardian of Fate (Fate, #1)
  • Carmina Gadelica: Hymns and Incantations from the Gaelic
I'm a YA author with a penchant for the dark and strange. I primarily write speculative fiction but enjoy literary writing as well. I occasionally delve into adult genres too.

I'm a musician and have a Master's degree in music, but I prefer writing strange stories, baking peanut butter cupcakes and playing with my shiba inu.

Upcoming titles:

New and improved OBSCURA BURNING coming your way in Novemb
More about Suzanne van Rooyen...