Start by marking “Chocolate-Covered Eyes: A Sampler Of Horror” as Want to Read:
Chocolate-Covered Eyes: A Sampler Of Horror

Chocolate-Covered Eyes: A Sampler Of Horror

really liked it 4.0  ·  Rating Details ·  13 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
Lori R. Lopez will tingle your spine while tickling your funny bone in six peculiar tales from two of her story collections: OUT-OF-MIND EXPERIENCES and THE MACABRE MIND OF LORI R. LOPEZ.

Can the living and the undead co-exist in peace? A zombie defender must question his principles when a hunter becomes infected by the zombie plague and threatens the boy's mother in "Heart
ebook
Published October 29th 2011 by Smashwords

To ask other readers questions about Chocolate-Covered Eyes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Chocolate-Covered Eyes

T.W. Brown
Jan 09, 2012 T.W. Brown rated it really liked it
Chocolate-Covered Eyes: A Sampler of Horror by Lori R. Lopez has a little something for everyone. I am always eager to read something by somebody I have never read before. It is how you find that special gem. This book is one of those gems.

Having said that, I enjoyed MOST of the stories found in this tome. Yet, to be fair, I have never read a collection or anthology and loved EVERY story. First and foremost, as an indie title, I will applaud how clean this book reads. Many indies tend to be slop
Vix
Feb 19, 2012 Vix rated it really liked it

Lori's style was initially a bit of a shock to me... its a bit like going out for fish 'n' chips and ending with the a silver service, fine dining novelle cuisine meal!
If you are looking for some light reading, run away now... Lori is intense, emotion evoking, gigglesome in parts, never dull and exhausting in her descriptions.
To start with, I tried to "just" read Lori's wondrous outpourings, but oh no, you need to digest them, allow them to flow over you and get lost in her unique worlds....
I lo
Maghon Thomas
Jan 31, 2012 Maghon Thomas rated it liked it
First, and foremost, thank you Ms. Lopez for sending me a copy of your book to read. :) and thank you Books 4 Tomorrow for the recomendation!

Ok, so I can't say too much since these are all short stories (7 of them to be exact) but I can give you a few low-downs :) Ms. Lori has a very unique style of writing, and she can captivate you with some of these. Some stories have a poem like concept, while others are just stories written. However, I will say this, if you like a little horror (maybe a lo
Heather Faville
May 27, 2012 Heather Faville rated it liked it
Chocolate-Covered Eyes is an anthology that has something for everyone. I won't go into detail about each individual story as the summary given by the author is enough information to allow you an opportunity to gauge your interest in the content. I will, however, make it known that while I did not love each and every tale the author had to share, I did, in fact, enjoy her writing style. This is not an anthology for the weak minded. And it is absolutely not a simple bathroom reader.

Lopez's uniqu
Jason Pettus
Mar 16, 2012 Jason Pettus rated it liked it
Shelves: contemporary, dark, horror

This sampler of short horror pieces (both stories and gothic poems) by Lori R. Lopez just barely qualified in length to get reviewed here, with a reading experience to match -- it is certainly competently done, but with very traditional pieces that leave not much of an impression, the whole thing over and
Kim (Wistfulskimmies Book Reviews)
This is a collection of six of Lori's best stories preceded by a poem called 'Chocolate Covered Eyes'. All the stories have a horror theme and are slightly macabre.

This is the first taste I have had of Lori's work and I think I shall be coming back for more. She has an irreverent, humorous style that certainly appeals. The stories were deliciously dark, and I thoroughly enjoyed them. If I have one criticism, it would be the constant use of long and 'fancy' words - I found myself reaching my dict
Michelle Fita
Feb 10, 2012 Michelle Fita rated it liked it
This book is hard to explain for me, as the writing is very different from what I am used to.
A couple of the stories I actually got a little lost as to what the story was about. Upon saying that though if your a fan of very discreptive text and poetry text then this book is your perfect match.

If you look at it from a poetry/discreptive writing point of view then I would say it's extremely well written and Lori is a very talented writer in this sense.

But my 3 stars isn't because it is a bad book.
ѦѺ™
Jan 17, 2012 ѦѺ™ rated it it was amazing
“A good [short story] would take me out of myself and then stuff me back in, outsized, now, and uneasy with the fit.” ― David Sedaris

this is an excellent literary collection of stories that i savored and loved. i was amazed by the author's writing style. using a wide range of vocabulary, she still managed to make everything readable and accessible. out of the six eerie tales and one poem, my choice picks from this sampler are Heartbeat , Unleashed: Tail One , Bedeviled and Macabre .
among the
Jan 31, 2013 Jennifer rated it it was amazing
I just finished this book last night and all I can say is AMAZING!!!! There is something in this book for everyone. Each story is well written and the words just flow from the page. If you are thinking about getting this book you will not be disappointed. There is a story in here for everyone, weather you are new to horror or a die hard horror fan I recommend this book.
M.L. Roos
Apr 02, 2012 M.L. Roos rated it really liked it
Very interesting stories of the intelligent kind. Not light reading by any means. Lori Lopez strings words together that create an alliteration of word salad that blend together and create a Gestalt of visuals that will keep you thinking long into the night.

Well done.
Jackie G.
Mar 06, 2012 Jackie G. rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book of great stories.
Each one is different, horror and humour.
Just my cup of tea.
Gm Graham
Gm Graham rated it it was amazing
Jan 20, 2012
Jennifer rated it it was amazing
Feb 04, 2013
Lori Lopez
Nov 12, 2013 Lori Lopez added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Sarah marked it as to-read
Jan 09, 2012
Erica
Erica marked it as to-read
Jan 15, 2012
Tracey Jago
Tracey Jago marked it as to-read
Jan 18, 2012
Gregory Carrico
Gregory Carrico is currently reading it
Jul 31, 2012
Katy
Katy marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2012
Jeannie Walker
Jeannie Walker marked it as to-read
May 11, 2012
Justine
Justine marked it as to-read
Nov 18, 2012
Lori Lopez
Nov 12, 2013 Lori Lopez added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Diana Rozevskis
Diana Rozevskis marked it as to-read
Nov 27, 2012
Jaijanee
Jaijanee marked it as to-read
Jan 31, 2013
Noga Farouk
Noga Farouk marked it as to-read
Jan 31, 2013
Cecilia
Cecilia marked it as to-read
Mar 03, 2013
Brittni
Brittni marked it as to-read
Apr 04, 2014
Billy Candelaria
Billy Candelaria marked it as to-read
Jun 15, 2014
Em26
Em26 marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2014
Florence Iapicca
Florence Iapicca marked it as to-read
Dec 07, 2014
Nancy
Nancy marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2015
Ian Donnelly
Ian Donnelly marked it as to-read
Feb 04, 2016
Pudgy
Pudgy marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2016
Lori R. Lopez wears many hats, literally and otherwise. An author of Speculative Fiction, Horror, Fantasy and more, she writes dark and humorous verse, short stories, novels, Young Adult and children's books, songs . . . as well as a column called "Poetic Reflections" at Fairy Fly Entertainment, the website that she shares with two talented sons. She is an artist who designs her book covers and il ...more
More about Lori R. Lopez...