Start by marking “Robert's VP” as Want to Read:
Robert's VP

Robert's VP

Six months ago, Robert's parents died in a devastating car accident, leaving him to care for his young brother and sister. Barely scraping by, Robert does what he has to in order to provide for Jack and Emma, even skipping a few meals here and there. A new VP joins the plant where he works, and always-been-straight Robert’s life is complicated when he is drawn to the man.

E
Published January 14th 2012

To ask other readers questions about Robert's VP, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Robert's VP

Serena Yates
Jan 14, 2012 Serena Yates rated it really liked it
Shelves: gay
This is an extremely cute story, more of a fairy tale really. Some of what happens may not be realistic - like a gorgeous new VP who involves himself in plant business - and falling instantly in love with one of the young factory workers, but it is a story anyone who wants a happy ending would LIKE to see happen.

Robert is such a good guy, trying to raise his younger sister and brother after their parents died in a car accident, and he is totally selfless. His fatigue and struggle to make ends me
Emma Sea
"Let me show you how a man can love you"

Super-sweet, formulaic, and hot. Ethan is everything I dreamed of when I was 12: financially independant, toppy, tall, and gorgeous, riding in to sweep Robert off his feet and make his every problem vanish. The writing isn't great, and there's a sense of it being a serial (maybe it was, idk), but it's a romantic, escapist comfort read.
Veronica /  V
Feb 27, 2014 Veronica / V rated it really liked it
This book is just so cute and adorable. It was just the perfect story to read and get all warm inside.
Some parts were a little bit sad, nothing to spoil how lovely this story was.
If you want to read about 2 hot MC falling in love, looking after 2 children and at the end, getting the happy ending they deserved, this is definitely for you.

As always my humble advice, if you want something witty,angst, lots of action etc. you won't find it here.
Shannon
Feb 23, 2016 Shannon rated it liked it
So ridiculous that I feel bad giving it a whole three stars but since I actually finished it in one reading, I figure it wasn't too horrible. The story line has been done before and much better but I still got sucked in to the whole Cinderfella thing. I just can't help it. Robert's "am I gay"..."I'm not gay" thing got old really fast especially after he made out with Ethan and admitted to himself it was the best ever. And if I had to hear how fucking tall Ethan was one more time someone was gonn ...more
Dallison
Jan 18, 2012 Dallison rated it it was amazing
Loved it. Ethan had such a good soul. I wanted to kick Juan's ass. People like him make me sick. Go Lily for leaving his sorry ass. Richard was a hard working responsible young man. Any parent would be proud to call him son.....
Kinny
Jan 15, 2012 Kinny rated it really liked it
The Awwww factor is super! I am so in love with Ethan ans actually very happy for Robert. Very little angst in this book because no great harm befell Robert than Ethan did not step in to fix. Cinder-fella category.
Jan 21, 2012 Laura rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. The best story written by Lynn Hagen so far!
Phaney
Mar 30, 2015 Phaney rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m
2015 Re-read:

It’s a funny thing, really. According to the author this was the first book she ever wrote and it’s apparently different from her usual style. And yet it’s so much nicer than what I have seen lately.

Sure, Ethan remains some mysterious entity of perfection – enhanced by the fact that we never get his point of view. Very reminiscent in that regard of the old romances I used to read. Plus ever so slightly creepy when he begins to pursue Robert.
And things in general are fairly simple he
Lisa
Jul 12, 2014 Lisa rated it it was amazing
Read by MM Good Book Reviews:

This was an amazing story that will break your heart when you read it. To know so much pain that Robert and his little brother and sister went through. To loose their parents and then to basically give up your future to take care of your siblings is wonderful and horrible at the same time. Six months ago Robert lost his parents to a car accident. He decided to stay where he was at and take care of his little sister and brother. He is barely scraping by, not even get
Beck
Jul 11, 2012 Beck rated it did not like it
Shelves: utter-rubbish
To start off, I have to admit that I haven't been able to force myself to finish this (bilge) I mean book. What a waste of money. I downloaded the sample & read the 2 reviews but I was intrigued enough to part with my money. Big, big, mistake. The premise of the story had me rolling my eyes by the 20% mark. I spent most of my time groaning & swearing & murmuring "seriously?" at my kindle. The VP was too stalker-ish, creepy & unrealistic to make me relax into the story...the whole ...more
Tj
Sep 06, 2015 Tj rated it it was ok
Shelves: have, read-2014
This was a cute short. There wasn't much that anyone who reads romance wouldn't have seen coming. I enjoyed it as a light, "fluffy" read but it was seriously lacking in depth. Robert is so easily in love when he identifies as straight, even at the end. I wouldn't have cared except the author put in there the idea as being unwanted by the character and so he is fighting himself but throws it all out quickly enough. It was a little too easily done. There are some that would say it was almost insta ...more
Raevyn
Jan 29, 2012 Raevyn rated it really liked it
Shelves: contemporary, 2013
3.5 stars - This was a cute story about a young man who had way too much to deal with in life and needs someone to help him... enter the new VP at the factory where he works. Robert was left with both of his siblings after his parents were killed in a car accident. He is barely making ends meet and he is desperate for some help, even if he doesn't realize it. Ethan is the new VP and for some reason Robert can't stop thinking about him. Robert has never had a gay thought or feeling until Ethan.

Th
Adrienne -kocham czytać-
DNF and returned at 59%. Reminds me of why I don't read Harlequin-style books anymore. And why I like a sense of realism in my books. Not a pushy rich man bowling over the younger, "regular" guy's protests and boundaries (ehm, there's this thing called sexual harassment now), and the younger one being a doormat. Was I supposed to like either guy? 'Cause I sure didn't.

Two stars 'cause I've read worse, and it's my opinion on the plot and style, not the writing itself (quite), which was better than
Rana Rad
Sep 01, 2016 Rana Rad rated it did not like it
what the hell was that!!! i mean this started out good... very good, till ..... it was not. I mean first i don't think Robert should be in charge of children period, seriously what if Ethen had been a psycho, had three wives somewhere, kidnapped babies or something. He just goes with the flow the first time Ethen helps him out. WTF i mean it would have been much realistic if Ethen had offered to pay for sexual favors, (not saying that its right) then maybe fall for each other slowly, but nooooo. ...more
Candice
Mar 12, 2014 Candice rated it liked it
I liked this. Yes, Robert might be 20 years old, but he put his life on hold to take care of his brother and sister. He may not make a lot of money, but he's trying to do the best he can with what he has. Then in walks Ethan. Robert realizes he doesn't have to be strong by himself anymore. He can lean on someone else. I did think Ethan was too perfect, but hey, it was like a nice little fairy tale :)

Janie
Apr 22, 2014 Janie rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m-romance, family
Super sweet and cute story. Robert is such a wonderful brother doing everything he can to raise his little brother and sister after the tragic death of his parents. He is struggling so much to do right by them but wouldn't change it for the world. When his job gets a new VP he is instantly smitten with Ethan. Ethan pursues him so deliciously, and its sexy and steamy. For a first time gfy book this was incredibly hot. And I truly loved the kids, but Emma was an awesome little girl.
Vicky
Apr 23, 2016 Vicky rated it it was amazing
Let me start by saying that my start and finish date of reading this book is today...this time. I've read it a gagillion times! It is sweet, sometimes funny, sometimes tragic and always engaging. The best part is Ethan isn't an I'm-rich-so-entitled-to-be-a-butthead kinda guy and Robert isn't an I'm-not-gay-so-I-must-sleep-with-a-woman-to-prove-it kinda guy.

Plus for some reason, I love MM books with kids!
Daia
Jul 30, 2013 Daia rated it it was amazing
It souldn't surprise me, really, I already expected a good book from Lynn Hagen, but it still managed to surprise me. A lot. It was one of the most fabulous books i've ever read.
The thing I loved the most: The book shows that we fall in love with a person, not with a gender.
Lynn, thanks a lot for this great book and your hard work. I wish you the best of luck, good health and for the muse to be with you day and night so you can keep writing such wonderful books.
Paisley
Apr 18, 2012 Paisley rated it liked it
This book is a guilty pleasure of mine. It's not Pulitzer winning that's for sure - but it is so fairytale-ish that I can't help but love it. I love rescue tales and I adore stories where guys get "saved" and Robert is very worth saving. So cute and even with some of the stupid high drama that plays like a bad soap opera ensues it's still fun and hits my favorite buttons.
Secretly Reading
Feb 17, 2012 Secretly Reading rated it really liked it
Lovely, simple MM story with a focus on the relationship and nothing else. I know some readers will likely have difficulty with the gay-for-you romance but it worked for me. I loved the family building in this story too.
Kristen Stillwell
Oct 20, 2014 Kristen Stillwell rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Common love story

I gave it 4 stars because it was a good book but I swear I read it at least a dozen times by a dozen different writers it's a nice story it's just boring and common I don't know why I thought it was gonna be different.
Omega696
What a drama it was. But enjoyable. Ethan and Robert were sweet together. They started rather fast, but it was a short story and it didn't bother me much.
Jess
Sep 02, 2013 Jess rated it liked it
Cute as a button this story.

Just what I was wanting - light hearted and sweet with a smattering of shmexiness. There was some needless drama at the end but in general it was pretty awesome.

Auraya
Sep 16, 2016 Auraya rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m
... a lot of cliches. It also felt like it was set a bit in the past maybe? (just saw it was published in 2012, so maybe 4 years really made a difference?) Made me wince quite a bit.
Diemmy
Diemmy rated it really liked it
May 02, 2013
Erika
Erika rated it really liked it
Jun 25, 2012
Midia
Midia rated it liked it
Jan 18, 2012
Tracy
Tracy rated it really liked it
Nov 27, 2016
Cattibrie25
Cattibrie25 rated it liked it
Apr 04, 2014
ilz
ilz rated it it was amazing
Mar 28, 2012
  • Cowboy Keeper (Blaecleah Brothers #2)
  • Angel Kin (His Guardian Angels, #3)
  • Hell's Tempest  (Fatefully Yours #4)
  • Healing a Hurt Mate (Rough River Coyotes #6)
  • Falling in Love Again (Of Dragons and Wolves #6)
  • Taken (Taken #1)
  • The Vampire's Special Lover (Wolves of Stone Ridge #16)
  • Damian (Marius Brothers #5)
  • Smashed into Pieces (Clear Water Creek Chronicles #2)
  • In For A Penny (All In #1)
Lynn Hagen loves writing about the somewhat flawed, but lovable. She also loves a hero who can see past all the rough edges to find the shining diamond of a beautiful heart.

You can find her on any given day curled up with her laptop and a cup of hot java, letting the next set of characters tell their story.
More about Lynn Hagen...