Start by marking “Sage's Mystery (Shifters of Mystery #1)” as Want to Read:
Sage's Mystery (Shifters of Mystery #1)

Sage's Mystery (Shifters of Mystery #1)

3.84  ·  Rating Details  ·  518 Ratings  ·  22 Reviews
[Siren Everlasting Classic ManLove: Erotic Alternative Paranormal Romance, M/M, werewolves]

When Sage is made an outcast in his pack for being gay, he travels to a town he purchased online, a town called Mystery that was sold to him dirt cheap. The place looked as though it was ready to fall down around him, but Sage was determined to call it home.

William roamed aimlessly f
Published January 21st 2012 by Siren-Bookstrand, Inc.

To ask other readers questions about Sage's Mystery, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sage's Mystery

Change of Heart by Mary CalmesWith Caution by J.L. LangleyWithout Reservations by J.L. LangleyDuck! by Kim DareTrusted Bond by Mary Calmes
Best Gay Shifters
374th out of 826 books — 1,139 voters
Change of Heart by Mary CalmesWithout Reservations by J.L. LangleyStealing the Wind by Shira AnthonyMonster by Dani R.R. HermitWake Me Up Inside by Cardeno C.
Gay Paranormal Romance with Sex in Shifted Form
68th out of 110 books — 76 voters

More lists with this book...

Susan
Oct 22, 2015 Susan rated it really liked it
Shelves: shifters, mm

Utter ridiculousness.
It was awesome, but also very weird. But I like the weird.

description

Sage buys a town. Online.

Sure, why not.

When he moves into the abandonded town he meets William. Who is homeless and living in the town all by himself.

These men are not wolves when they change into a wolf, but some sort of half wolf/half man beast, who can talk.

There is the standard insta-love, but in shifter books it never bothers me.

What made this book so enjoyable despite its hideous writing, was William. H
Trisha Harrington
This was a series I wasn't sure about because I don't really read books from this publisher. It wasn't a bad shifter story, though. I enjoyed reading it.

William and Sage were nice together. They had a bit of a rocky time, but they ended up happy and together. I really liked the whole abandoned town thing, too. That was something I wasn't used to in my books and it added something for me. The other characters were all fairly strong, too. And I hope they will all get their happy ending.

I do have
Veronica /  V
Mar 20, 2015 Veronica / V rated it really liked it
Great beginning from this series, very interesting plot.
adrienne
typical lynn hagen serial romance. nothing fantastic, nothing so bad it can't be finished. what is typical lynn hagen? imagine a shorter harlequin romance but with no t&a (see, i was going to write no surprise pregnancies, but... yeah.).

out of sheer laziness, i will be using this as my template for all books by :
lynn hagen
stormy glenn
scarlett hyacinth
carol lynne
gabrielle evans

unless otherwise noted. i'd apologize, but i'm not sorry. i figure it's about as much time as they put into their bo
Phaney
Apr 17, 2013 Phaney rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m
2012 Review:

Another shifter series, although it feels almost wrong to call it that. What we have here are werewolves in the horror movie sense. Mostly, anyway. Also, no fated mates, money is an issue, and the weres have hardly any superpowers as far as I can tell. Of course the overall theme still matches the author’s other works, even if it takes place in a different world.

This was the first in the series and I enjoyed the first half more than the second. That sense of isolation with only Sage
♥Laddie♥ (Lee Lee)
Ok, I'm going to tell you now that this isn't a review as much as it's a collection of a random life wish that this book inspired.

Wish:
I need to buy my own town. Sage, the big bad wolf and outcast, gets kicked out of his pack for being gay. Right before he gets kicked out he buys a ghost town on the internet.

Schweet!

I need to buy a ghost town. Just like Sage, I've got big plans baby!

This book was ok, cute even...despite that fact that William, the Twinky McTwinkerson, is 91 pounds. I think I was
Candice
Interesting. Why did I wait so long to read this series?
Ter
Jan 21, 2012 Ter rated it it was amazing
Can't wait till #2 comes out. Like this new series.
Kerry  sullivan
This book was reviewed for Musings of a bookworm

I love a good mystery and if there are shifters involved and am such a happy bunny and this book hit all the right buttons. As the opener to a series about the little town call Mystery and the group of shifter who move there this book is first rate. We are introduced to a cast of diverse characters and an interesting proposition... that maybe the werewolf mutation can be cured and that cure is lost somewhere in the town. There is a group of bad we
Delphius Reads
Apr 02, 2013 Delphius Reads rated it it was ok
Shelves: shifters
This story was rather boring IMO. It didn't draw me in and I never got attached to any of the MCs. I'm going to give the next in the series a chance because I love this writer, but I'm not holding out much hope.

Pros-
-interesting lore
-some fun, snappy dialogue

Cons-
-buying an entire town? Really? Sorry it was too far fetched. I know there's werewolves, but still I found this silly.
-the whole mystery was boring. I definitely wasn't on the edge of my seat wondering what would happen next.
-both main
Isha
Enjoyable start to the series.
Lilladii
Feb 18, 2014 Lilladii rated it really liked it
3.78
Sui Lynn
Jan 22, 2012 Sui Lynn rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m-romance
I was pleasantly surprised. This book had more substance and story to it than most of Ms. Hagen's work. I really enjoyed it. There was humor and an interesting twist to the traditional werewolf that makes the world all hers. I look forward to more in this storyline and I hope that all future stories will be as well thought out and deep. This was a pleasure to read.
Kristy Maitz
Apr 01, 2012 Kristy Maitz rated it really liked it
We meet Sage a werewolf who is thrown out of his home town because his dad does not accept his son being gay. So Sage decides to find home somewhere else. His decision is made when he buys actually a town called "Mystery". There he meets a young guy William and mate him. Both characters are well done and Lynn Hagen done really good work with first book.
Clover
Feb 16, 2012 Clover rated it really liked it
a really good start for the new shifter serie by Lynn Hagen.
unlike her other shifters books those are more like the werewolves we are used to see in movies.
it also doesn't seems to be related to the other series like the demon hunters, the brac pack, the pride pack and the vampires.
David
Jan 22, 2012 David rated it it was amazing
This series is very different from the rest of normal wolf shifter books. I love that it's not the everyday norm. I even like the fact that the werewolves have to pick a mate instead of fate picking one for them. Werewolves on two legs instead of four? Love it.
Tj
Sep 06, 2015 Tj rated it liked it
Shelves: read-2012
Very typical Hagen book. Still loved the idea behind the series. I've seen ghost towns and always thought about who left them and why and if anyone would ever fix it or it would erode away. Terror and William were funny together. Sage, well he was ok:)
Kelly
Mystery seems like it's going to be a fun place for this series to be based...
I'm looking forward to where this is going to lead.
I liked the charactors in this book. The growing relationship between the 2 MC's was a great one to read about.
Meggie
Jan 24, 2012 Meggie rated it liked it
This was enjoyable developed first part into new series. The start was easy and pulling enough. The romance wasn't felt or I couldn't get the emotions, but the story was good. I'm more interested in next part.
Kris
Jan 24, 2012 Kris rated it really liked it
Great story, very exciting with quite a few story twists. I thought the story was great in setting a scene for the series. The usual great standard of Lynn Hagen's books!
Kinny
Mar 14, 2012 Kinny rated it liked it
Shelves: mm, shifter
This was an entertaining enough read but I can wait for books to go on sale before buying rest of series.
Alli
Jan 24, 2012 Alli rated it really liked it
N
Maya
Jan 22, 2012 Maya rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars
Ege
Ege rated it it was amazing
Feb 08, 2016
Mai
Mai rated it really liked it
Feb 03, 2016
ShaMar
ShaMar marked it as to-read
Jan 28, 2016
Shannon Flynn
Shannon Flynn marked it as to-read
Jan 18, 2016
Mother
Mother added it
Jan 30, 2016
Nadia
Nadia rated it really liked it
Jan 10, 2016
  • Imlay's Cure (Lady Blue Crew #3)
  • Gage's Awakening  (Lost Shifters #16)
  • Caution: Contents Under Pressure (Haven #1)
  • On the Wings of a Butterfly (The SEX Factor #1)
  • Werewolf at the Zoo (Wolves of Stone Ridge #1)
  • Edric (Resistant Omegas #3)
Lynn Hagen loves writing about the somewhat flawed, but lovable. She also loves a hero who can see past all the rough edges to find the shining diamond of a beautiful heart.

You can find her on any given day curled up with her laptop and a cup of hot java, letting the next set of characters tell their story.
More about Lynn Hagen...

Shifters of Mystery (5 books)
  • Santana's Discovery (Shifters of Mystery #2)
  • Jeremiah's Heart (Shifters of Mystery #3)
  • Devin's Mercy (Shifters of Mystery #4)
  • His Road to Sam (Shifters of Mystery #5)