Start by marking “Compelled (The Adam Chronicles, #2)” as Want to Read:
Compelled (The Adam Chronicles, #2)

Compelled (The Sanctuary War #1)

3.24 of 5 stars 3.24  ·  rating details  ·  152 ratings  ·  19 reviews
Short story.

This morning, Adamo was a blind acolyte living in a monastery for the past twenty-five years. Tonight, he's the newest vampire in a clan of ruthless killers and his maker, Juliet, is determined to turn him into another remorseless demon - even if she has to strip his free will.

#2 of The Adam Chronicles. Part of The Sanctuary War series.
Kindle Edition, 1st edition
Published September 11th 2011

To ask other readers questions about Compelled, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Compelled

Red Lace
Aug 01, 2014 Red Lace rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of short vampire stories
Adamo is merely a new pet to his maker, Juliet. Seeing to her every need and playing her games is certainly not what Adamo wants. When he finally sees a chance to escape, he takes it.

What is it about these short stories that I love so much? It's the superb writing- the way a scene plays out, the way the characters feel real and the excitment of not knowing what will come next. I love it!

Usually short stories aren't that great, but it's the opposite with Carla Krae.

I really feel for Adamo- he's
Netanella
This short story is like those proverbial bag of airplane peanuts - not quite satisfying, but you sure want more. Good job, Ms. Carla Krae! My curiousity is piqued!
Sónia Tigol
I liked. It was a captivating paranormal story. I liked the short story and the characters a lot. It was time well spent.
Pamela Craft Jenewein
Kindle freebie

An enjoyable, engrossing read. Captivating paranormal, with genuine, likeable characters.
Yami
It was entertaining for a minute there. Like standing in line at the bank kinda minute.
Lisa Miller Chandler
Mar 10, 2012 Lisa Miller Chandler rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Adult vampire lovers
I read this very short story in a few hours and it was fairly well written. I appreciated that the religious man that was turned to a vampire would not totally submit to being compelled by his maker. Perhaps he could hold out because he had once been a religious man. His female vampire maker tortured and played with him throughout the short story, trying to drive him to madness. It was not particularly gruesome, but more a short tale of this man's survival. I don't usually read short stories, bu ...more
Kenecia
Way too short. Longer than the prequel, but short just the same. And yes, I understand the concept of a short story, but I don't understand an abrupt ending where the reader is left speechless. I was shocked because there was nothing left and there's so much more to be told. More to be contemplated.

So Adamo is compelled by Juliet, his maker, because he feels as though he is evil and wants to be free. She makes him do horrible things (in his mind) until finally he decides, after a year, that he's
Emily Liz
Finished!!! I don't know what to say about this book. Before it started to get good It finished. I was like WHAT!!!!! WHAT, DID THE BOOK JUST FINISH. I COULD NOT BELIEVE IT? I was looking through my Kindle and just felt speech less that is was done so fast. I think it was about 1 hour long. I just don't know what to say it finish fast to the point that I can't type a review.

3 stars!!!
MsBDiamondDiva1
This story picks up right "A Reluctant Vampire" and Adamo is still not giving completely into Juliet's unnatural ways. In this short story, you will start to see that Adamo is not as weak as they all think he is and you why Vittore is so jealous of Adamo. I really love this short stories, the only thing I don't love is that they are so short :-( I want more please!!! And thank you! :-)
Daniel
Delaney  Burton
I liked this story but found it lacking a little so I am giving it 3 stars. It might be because I read it before the 1st but I think they way my ebook is I had the 1st too. Could quite figure it out on here on this site. But I am going to get the 1st and the 3rd and give them a try and see were it goes.
Stephanie
Talk about not being able to choose your destiny!!I felt so bad for the monk...talk about being stripped of your belifs and faith to be thrown into a violent, dark and sexual world of being a vampire!!I really liked this book and am looking forward to see where it goes...highly recommend!!!
Erica
Found out after reading this that there is a previous ebook that explains a little more. Wish I would have realized it, so I could have read that first.
Ruby
had potential but was hurried and seemed to leave off with much more to tell. the author should have made it longer and given it its due.
Lavana Sanchez
cant believe he was part in the religion now he is disobeying it and became an enemy of GOD
Deniece
Love Adamo! Hate Juliet with all the fires of Hell! That is all!
Kim
I am not sure what I think about this book yet......
Misti
This was an amazon freebie short. It was ok.
Beth
Extremely graphic vampire tale.
brandy warmack
brandy warmack marked it as to-read
Dec 12, 2014
Michelle Chunn
Michelle Chunn marked it as to-read
Dec 12, 2014
Katherine Faust
Katherine Faust marked it as to-read
Dec 11, 2014
Emma T
Emma T marked it as to-read
Dec 08, 2014
Sara
Sara marked it as to-read
Nov 27, 2014
Charity Roelker
Charity Roelker marked it as to-read
Nov 20, 2014
ATHENA
ATHENA marked it as to-read
Nov 16, 2014
  • Soul Mate
  • Another Sip [Part 1 Intro: The Hunt] (The V V Inn)
  • Vampire Assassin (A Jane Novella)
  • One Last Bite
  • All Hallows Heartbreaker (My Immortal Knight, #1)
  • Birthrights (The Awakening Trilogy #1)
  • Hunter's Choice (The Hunters)
  • Bad to the Bone (Bad To The Bone, #1)
  • Crimson Rogue (Crimson City, #6)
  • Micah's Magick (Elemental Witches, #4.5)
  • Powerful Magic
  • Werewolf Love Story (Entwined, #1)
  • Night of Wolves (The Paladins, #1)
  • Shadows of the Soul
  • Destiny of the Female Warrior (Nephilim Warrior, #2)
  • Black Woods (BlackWoods Series, #1)
  • My Twisted Drink
  • Into The Woods
Fiction writer. Sci-fi lover. Trained vocalist. Cat mom. Carla Krae lives in California with two crazy cats and a tech guy. Carla has been a bestselling author on Amazon.

More about Carla Krae...
An Unlikely Pair: The High School Years (My Once and Future Love, #0.5) My Once and Future Love (My Once and Future Love, #2) An Unlikely Pair (My Once and Future Love, #1) Turn the Page (My Once and Future Love, #2.5) Personal Attention (My Once and Future Love, #2)