Start by marking “Doctor Who: The Witch from the Well (Big Finish Audio Drama, #154)” as Want to Read:
Doctor Who: The Witch from the Well (Big Finish Audio Drama, #154)

Doctor Who: The Witch from the Well (Big Finish Doctor Who Audio Dramas #154)

3.41  ·  Rating Details  ·  101 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
A shrieking, killing nightmare erupts from an overgrown well, hidden in the grounds of an old house, Tranchard’s Folly – and Mary Shelley, the Doctor’s latest travelling companion, rescues teenage twins Finicia and Lucern from the clutches of the monster.

But a TARDIS trip in search of the origin of the horror goes terribly wrong when the Doctor, Mary and their two new frie
Audio CD
Published November 2011 by Big Finish Productions

To ask other readers questions about Doctor Who, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Doctor Who

Wendy
Nov 03, 2013 Wendy rated it liked it
I had decidedly mixed feelings about this one. Some of the pluses: Mary Shelley continues to be just about the perfect Doctor Who companion, demonstrating an ideal blend of curiosity, resourcefulness, and fearlessness in the face of the unknown. I wish she could be a companion on the TV series. I enjoyed the two time-zone nature of the story. I know that lots of listeners have complained that it deprives us of Doctor/Mary interaction, but on the flip side, it gives Mary a chance to shine. I also ...more
Nicholas Whyte
Jan 17, 2012 Nicholas Whyte rated it it was ok
Sorry to say that I thought this was a rare misfire from the Big Finish main sequence of stories. I love the chemistry between Paul McGann's Doctor and Julie Cox's Mary Shelley, but this story keeps them apart in return for a tale of moral, psychological and time-paradoxical complexity which the script didn't really do justice to. Some elements of the plot were similar to the Who book I was reading at the same time, Justin Richards' novel The Death Riders, which confused me a bit, though this is ...more
Kevin
Oct 04, 2012 Kevin rated it it was ok
I'm going to state up front that I strongly dislike Doctor Who witch stories (Yes even The Daemons). That being said I do have practical reasons for disliking this one. Witch stories are often about blind prejudice, a topic that can be interesting, but when most of the cast is ignorant your heroes just end up talking to unrepentant brick walls. In this story there are at minimum four of these type of characters. None of them have terribly interesting back stories and all of their reasons for the ...more
Tim Weakley
Second episode with Mary Shelley as the companion and still really liking her. Great balance and story writing. The ending actually caught me off guard!
Auden Granger
Feb 03, 2014 Auden Granger rated it liked it
Someone is having so much fun writing little bits of Mary Shelley's life and works in all these.
Anne Barwell
May 31, 2013 Anne Barwell rated it it was amazing
Shelves: audio-play
Mary Shelley works very well as a companion to the 8th Dr as she's not afraid to speak her mind or ask the questions that need to be asked. I love the way she's portrayed and she comes across as very much of her time period in her speech etc.

This story was an interesting one with a few twists, which foreshadow nicely Mary's eventual writing of Frankenstein. I'm enjoying this series of her and 8 very much.
Meredith
Mar 15, 2016 Meredith rated it liked it
This is an adventure where it works well to have the companion and Doctor separated. Particularly since the companion needs to be resourceful - and Mary parses things out and shines.
Christopher Buchanan
I'm not a big fan of Mary or Doctor Who witch stories in general, but I liked this quite a bit. A very clever story, well written and well acted. You can't ask for much else.
Debra Cook
Mar 05, 2016 Debra Cook rated it really liked it
Shelves: own, audiobooks
The Doctor and Mary Shelley try to help twins to escape their past but The Doctor gets involved in fighting a supposed witch hunting a community.
David Monroe
The second in the Eighth Doctor and Mary Shelley audio releases by Big Finish Productions.
Lauren
I ADORE MARY.

Can she stay forever, please?
Joseph S
Joseph S rated it liked it
Jun 19, 2016
Sziszi
Sziszi marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2016
Mikael Kuoppala
Mikael Kuoppala rated it liked it
Jun 12, 2016
Barry Attwater
Barry Attwater marked it as to-read
May 26, 2016
Brett
Brett added it
May 20, 2016
Oliver Böttcher
Oliver Böttcher rated it liked it
May 19, 2016
Tatiana
Tatiana rated it liked it
Jun 17, 2016
Gert-Jan Kramer
Gert-Jan Kramer marked it as to-read
May 14, 2016
Susielo71
Susielo71 marked it as to-read
May 10, 2016
David
David marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2016
07jonesj
07jonesj marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2016
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2016
Jadetyger Sevea
Jadetyger Sevea marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2016
Levi Amichai
Levi Amichai marked it as to-read
Mar 25, 2016
Noetic_Hatter
Noetic_Hatter marked it as to-read
Mar 19, 2016
Scott Haworth
Scott Haworth marked it as to-read
Mar 01, 2016
Anderson
Anderson marked it as to-read
Feb 29, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

Big Finish Doctor Who Audio Dramas (1 - 10 of 213 books)
  • Doctor Who: The Sirens of Time