World After (Penryn & the End of Days, #2)

World After (Penryn & the End of Days #2)

4.3 of 5 stars 4.30  ·  rating details  ·  13,110 ratings  ·  2,473 reviews
In this sequel to the bestselling fantasy thriller, Angelfall, the survivors of the angel apocalypse begin to scrape back together what's left of the modern world.

When a group of people capture Penryn's sister Paige, thinking she's a monster, the situation ends in a massacre. Paige disappears. Humans are terrified. Mom is heartbroken.

Penryn drives through the streets of Sa...more
Published November 19th 2013 by Skyscape

Allegiant by Veronica RothClockwork Princess by Cassandra ClareLover at Last by J.R. WardRequiem by Lauren OliverThe Indigo Spell by Richelle Mead
Can't Wait Books of 2013
36th out of 2,274 books — 12,450 voters
Allegiant by Veronica RothClockwork Princess by Cassandra ClareRequiem by Lauren OliverThe Indigo Spell by Richelle MeadUnravel Me by Tahereh Mafi
YA Novels of 2013
79th out of 1,416 books — 9,843 voters

More lists with this book...

Cait
Dec 03, 2012 Cait marked it as to-read
This is me right now waiting for this sure-to-be-amazing book with a lot of my Goodreads friends:

I mean, come on! The first book was freaking amazing, and that last chapter.........that last freaking chapter. Damn. Can you all imagine what the second book is going to be like if the whole book is like that last chapter? Just think about it. I'd like to present you guys with..........

The Opening of the Second Book of Angelfall: A Tragic gif Play!

Caitlin is walking down the road one day when...more
Steph Sinclair

Not as good as Angelfall, but still fun. The second half is loads better. Review to come.

----------
So I read on Susan's blog that there will be 5 books total!!

OMG! I CAN'T WAIT!

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

But I don't know how I'll be able to wait so long. *sigh*

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
fяσzєη, kupo~
I want this so bad. I need this so bad. So bad so bad I want need it I want it so bad need.

Wantneed.

NEED IT WANT. NEED. SO BAD SO.

BAAAAAD.

HAHAHAH. WANT IT. NEED IT. WAAAANT. SO BAD NEEEEEEED SO BAD I. NEEDWANT.

wantitneeditwantitneeditwantitneeditwantitneeditwantitasoidndoaskjfoa;ig

Update: WHY HAVE THERE NOT BEEN ANY UPDATES? I NEED A BLURB OR COVER OR RELEASE DATE OR SOMETHING. D:

AAAAH YOU'RE MAKING ME GO CRAZY HERE SUSAN EE ASDLFKSO[AGJPOAKJOHAPR[EH;SDFLKASPGF;

Update #2: 2013??

20 FUCKING 13????...more
Kat Kennedy
Dec 27, 2011 Kat Kennedy marked it as to-read
Finish writing this book, damnit!

...then give it me! Give it me!
Wendy Darling

I AM EXCITE.
Litchick (is stuck in the 19th century)
*SPOILER-FREE*

Picture this; the world’s ended and you’re left with a schizophrenic mother who’s fallen off the deep end and a kid sister that looks like an autopsy victim with razor-blade teeth.

The humans around you are half-convinced that you’re hell spawn due to an unfortunate rising-from-the-dead incident, your one non-familial ally now looks like a creature from your nightmares and since he also thinks that you’re actually dead, he’s abandoned you.

Now you’re being carted off to God knows w...more
Jude
Aug 30, 2013 Jude marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2012
HALLE-MOTHERCUKING-LUJAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A COVER (sorta) AND RELEASE DATE! FINALLY!

photo tumblr_mffx1kiedV1rd3v0ho2_400_zps4cd7ee75.gif
************************************
past updates
************************************

I've been a patient reader, I know writing sequels takes time but

When is this book coming out?????
 photo tumblr_m6pwuoNSop1roqztm_zpse662ede3.gif

No official publication date

No Summary

Not even book title!

>.< !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please Susane Ee! end my suffering! I want to read the sequel :((

*sigh*

well... back to being patient.

Sam

This is a book that justifies two years of that horrendous thing called waiting.

It’s the sort of book that makes me want to singlehandedly convert the non-readers of the world, so that I can then push this series on them and spend the rest of this year fangirling with every person that I meet.

In short, World After is fantastic.

These are large boots to fill, especially given the heart-warming success of Angelfall, and yet, as a sequel, World After does an almost effortlessly magnificent...more
Khanh (Destroyer of Dreams)
*no spoilers*
Was that you, Pooky Bear?
There are a lot of themes of good vs. bad, the nature of evil, the length of which man will go to survive. As far as I'm concerned, the only message in this book that mattered is: you do NOT fuck with my sister, because I will hunt you down and I will make you pay. I understand it, and I admire Penryn for it.

I have a baby sister, I love her. We are the same age apart as Penryn and Paige.

...aaaand some years after.

It hasn't always been smooth sailing, but...more
Emily May

World After ticks a lot of boxes but it simply isn't as strong a story as we were given in Angelfall. I don't know how many books are planned for this series but it seems to fall prey to what would be called "middle book syndrome" in a trilogy. The story plods along, giving the novel a weighted feel which made it easy to put aside at times (something that could never be said for the previous book). My rating leans towards the positive because I did enjoy this sequel - Ee has a talent f...more
Brigid *Flying Kick-a-pow!*
After reading:

Acccck. I'm like ... really torn. Because I did enjoy this a lot, but ... I don't know, I guess I was expecting a lot from it because I waited like two whole years. And it is really good, but I felt like just when it was getting to the good stuff it just kind of stopped out of nowhere and that frustrated me. But yeah, don't get me wrong; I did really like it. Review coming soon-ish.

--------
--------

Before reading:

Update (11/11/13):

*Deep breath* A week from tomorrow. A WEEK FROM TOM...more
Jen (The Starry-Eyed Revue)
Scroll down for my full review.

My initial thoughts on 9/18/13:

On Friday, when I got my ARC of World After:
 photo Entangled_zps9ee97b56.gif

Also, because Amazon actually sent me an ARC!!!:
 photo holy-sht_zps5d58f8ff.gif

Friday night when I got home and sat down to crack this baby open:
 photo mybodyisready_zpsec4f6e8b.gif

When my family wanted to go out to dinner, then shopping, then a million other things that weren't reading:
 photo crazyeye_zps18662eca.gif

All weekend, when my family had other plans for my precious reading time:
 photo nerdrage_zpsdcc6139d.gif

Then on Sunday when I finally got to start reading:
 photo excited_zpsbe25007c.gif

As I was reading:
 photo carltondancing_zpsd6401aea.gif

When Raffe (view spoiler)...more
Judith (Judith'sChoiceReads)
This book had better come out ASAP 2013. I need it now, like candy or Ian Somerhalder, and on second thought, perhaps even more. This one is going to be fantastic, no doubt about it! Hurry up, Ee, you officially rocked my socks, period.

Update: January 3, 2014

My Review

There are no words for this book. The funny thing is that I went in expecting nothing but perfection. Ee floored me with Angelfall and I just couldn't conceive of a world where the book following such excellence was lacking in any...more
Kristin (KC)
*4.5 Stars!*

Absence really does make the heart grow fonder...

I LOVED this! I went into this sequel with some reserve, fairly unsure of what to expect, and I can honestly say that I fully enjoyed every moment of this suspenseful, action-packed, never predictable, twisted but just plain fun addition!

World After picks up directly where Angelfall leaves off, at the peak of chaos and calamity. The story follows Penryn as she unknowingly becomes a warrior for her kind ... fighting for the survival of...more
Stacia (keyboard abuser)
A teenager, a mutated girl, a tattered angel, and a sword named Pooky Bear walk into a bar...

[insert punchline here]

[end result = win]

4.5 stars. Spoilers for book 1 only. I promise that there are no major spoilers here for World After, but I am placing a couple of quotes in this review with the assumption that most readers would figure Penryn and Raffe were going to cross paths again at some point. I just won't say when or how.

Not that I wasn't already in love with this series, but when the swor...more
Kat

We have a date on here.....October 10th??

I JUST NEED THIS BOOK!!!

..........
UPDATED NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so having heard a rumour going around on goodreads that Susan Ee had heard many of the fans prayers about book 2, I immediately checked her blog, as you do, and prepare yourself there is some EPIC NEWS!!!

ANGELFALL BOOK 2 WILL BE RELEASED IN FALL 2013!!!!!!!!!!!!

so yeah Fall 2013, while I can't say I'm too excited about waiting another year (I was still hoping for a Jan...more
Ana Rita
Once again, WOW

Here's my reading experience...

75%

Bow down to me Pooky Bear, who has only two other equals in all the worlds.

THAT ENDING!!!!

YESS!!!! I LOVED IT!

One of my favorite reads this year

This series is MADE OF AWESOME and I WANT MORE MORE MORE!

(Raffe's POV would be great too)

...

No release date for book 3?!!

be strong!

P.S. I'll probably write something more "eloquent" when I re-read this fantastic series, until then...

I LOVE Penryn and Raffe*

BR with Johanna and Jo

*awesome fan art found on T...more
Nataliya
Let me be honest with you, friends - my experience with Young Adult novels, those featuring either postapocalyptic or dystopian themes, and those with any hints of paranormal romances, has been mostly, well, uninspiring, to say the least. But yet I keep digging through the piles of dreck, forgetting the famous misattributed Einstein's definition of insanity, because among the piles of manure there may occasionally be a gem or two.

Susan Ee's debut novel, Angelfall, pleasantly surprised me, fallin...more
Zemira Warner
The only bad thing about Angelfall is that it had an ending. I swear there hasn't been a book that made me so sad because there were three,two,one and none pages left.

Can't freakin' wait! It better come out in early spring,or summer. I don't want to hear nothing about autumn and winter.

Hmmm... Certainly not as compelling as Angelfall but it had some different redeeming qualities.

That ending was crazy. Paige vs. Beliel scene was sick and sad at the same time.
Isabella
Recensione finale
CLICCAMI!

21/12/13

Great job, Susan. Great job.
Outstanding, actually.

Penryn, Raffe, Paige, EVERYONE... And Pooky Bear above all.

I really needed a book this good, and yes: World After was

10/06/13

THE. BLURB.

When faced with recapturing his wings or helping Penryn survive, which will he choose?

Does this mean we'll nave more PenrynxRaffe? YES? Thank God, my ship is happily sailing and I'm FREAKING HAPPY.

As for the date... Well, first it was 2012, then it was 2013.
October 10th.
Now Novem...more
Mery St. Clair
Aug 26, 2013 Mery St. Clair marked it as to-read
TENEMOS PORTADAAAA!
Ash Wednesday
Nov 19, 2013 Ash Wednesday rated it 5 of 5 stars Recommends it for: Not Everyone. Just the people I like.
4.5 STARS
"I'm all about personal business. Every battle I have is personal."

What's that sound? Ah yes, the sound of a heart's sigh as its wishes gets fulfilled, of glorious expectations getting met… that, my friends is the sigh of relief.

I have been waiting for this book for almost a year to the date and my hungry anticipation for what happens to Penryn after the last pages in Angelfall can only spell disappointment for me. I tend to overhype in my mind the books I love tremendously (wassup Da...more
AH
Finally! A title and a release date! Bring it on, Ms Ee. Can't wait for more Raffe and Penryn.

Initial Thoughts:Epic, awesome, frightening, fantastic - these are the words that come to mind as I read this book. Well done, Ms. Ee. I'm eagerly anticipating Book 3. Please don't make us wait a really long time. Full review to come...

11/12/13 - Check out our group discussion and giveaway for World After on Badass Book Reviews.

The Review:

A few of us discovered the awesomeness of Angelfall about 2 yea...more
Zaira
Susan Ee is rapidly becoming one of my favorite authors!! I've only read two books by her ( she should definitely write more) and I'm enchanted. I like so much her writing style; simple yet descriptive and I like even more how she portrays her characters: with flaws and relatable!

The highlight of this book however remains Pooky Bear!!
I didn't know I could come to like so much an object!! Even love him a little!!Shhhhh,it's a secret!!

description

But there wasn't enough Raffe and Penryn!! After waiting li...more
Mary Windmüller
Please! I want this book in my life. I want it all and I wanted it right now!!!!!!!!

description
Photobucket
Regan
UHHHHHH SO GOOOOOD.

This series is just so fast paced and so entertaining that it is impossible to put down! I believe this may be a new fan girl series for me as I am already REALLY attached to the characters! Plus it makes my heart happy to know there are going to be quite a few books in this series :D

Also, Raffe is super hot, and that sword is super sassy.
Ariana
4.5 stars. And I am so in love with this cover ♥

Back to the point..
Angelfall has been one of my very favorite books in 2012 – the beautiful writing, the awesome characters and the engaging action made me ‘breathe in’ every word in the story and I couldn‘t put it down (not even for one second) until I reached the last page.

The ending was dark and –now that I think about it- it fits perfectly the feeling from “World After”. There were many questions raised in those few last pages and most of the...more
Lucia
4.5 STARS
This was definitely a worthy sequel to Angelfall! Penryn was trapped between protecting her sister Paige, fighting for the humanity and her loyal feelings towards Raffe. Susan Ee took me on another exciting journey and I loved it.

I'm not sure if I have ever read about heroine with more out of ordinary life. Crazy schizofrenic mother, demonic and damaged sister, exiled angel as her saving grace - Penryn is very interesting character. And even though the picture I painted may seem odd to...more
World After 22 158 10 hours, 53 min ago
Fans of Angelfall: LET'S TALK ABOUT "WORLD AFTER" *Warning: Spoilers* 535 333 Apr 14, 2014 11:02PM
Addicted to YA: World After 21 214 Apr 14, 2014 12:18AM
YA Buddy Readers'...: World After by Susan Ee - Starting May 3rd, 2014 3 7 Apr 13, 2014 01:13AM
YA Book Gang!!: World After by Susan Ee ---> Starting May 1st 1 11 Apr 01, 2014 07:58PM
The Wide Web of F...: World After 13 30 Mar 16, 2014 08:01PM
Read-along: World After 71 39 Feb 28, 2014 01:07PM
  • Haze (The Rephaim, #2)
  • Fractured (Guards of the Shadowlands, #2)
  • Never Fade (The Darkest Minds, #2)
  • Crown of Midnight (Throne of Glass, #2)
  • Outcast
  • Siege and Storm (The Grisha, #2)
  • The Eternity Cure (Blood of Eden, #2)
  • Night of Cake & Puppets (Daughter of Smoke & Bone, #2.5)
  • Through the Ever Night (Under the Never Sky, #2)
  • Demons at Deadnight (Divinicus Nex Chronicles, #1)
  • Origin (Lux, #4)
  • Cracked (Soul Eater, #1)
  • Horde (Razorland, #3)
  • Kinslayer (The Lotus War, #2)
  • Wrong Ways Down (Downside Ghosts, #1.5)
  • Ignite Me (Shatter Me, #3)
  • Sweet Peril (The Sweet Trilogy, #2)
  • The Dream Thieves (The Raven Cycle, #2)
Susan Ee is the bestselling author of the Penryn & the End of Days series which takes place in the San Francisco bay area. The first book, ANGELFALL, is being translated into 20 languages around the world. The second book, WORLD AFTER, was recently released in Nov. 2013 to international acclaim. The film rights to the series have been optioned by Sam Raimi, Rob Tapert, and Good Universe. Susan...more
More about Susan Ee...
Angelfall (Penryn & the End of Days, #1) Untitled (Penryn & the End of Days, #3) Untitled (Penryn & the End of Days, #5) Untitled (Penryn & the End of Days, #4) One Hundred Steps

“I look up to say something but he puts his finger to my lips and whispers, “Don’t talk. You’ll just spoil my fantasy of rescuing an innocent damsel in distress as soon as you open your mouth.” 269 likes
“He glares at me as if he already hates it. “What is it?” I consider lying but what’s the point? I clear my throat. “Pooky Bear"
He’s silent for so long I’m beginning to think he didn’t hear me when he finally says, “Pooky. Bear.” “It was just a little joke. I didn’t know.”
“I’ve mentioned that names have power, right? Do you realize that when she fights battles, she’s going to have to announce herself to the opposing sword? She’ll be forced to say something ridiculous like, ‘I am Pooky Bear, from an ancient line of archangel swords.’ Or, ‘Bow down to me, Pooky Bear, who has only two other equals in all the worlds.’ ” He shakes his head. “How is she going to get any respect?”
245 likes