Start by marking “World After (Penryn & the End of Days, #2)” as Want to Read:
World After (Penryn & the End of Days, #2)

World After (Penryn & the End of Days #2)

4.25 of 5 stars 4.25  ·  rating details  ·  48,398 ratings  ·  5,614 reviews
In this sequel to the bestselling fantasy thriller, Angelfall, the survivors of the angel apocalypse begin to scrape back together what's left of the modern world.

When a group of people capture Penryn's sister Paige, thinking she's a monster, the situation ends in a massacre. Paige disappears. Humans are terrified. Mom is heartbroken.

Penryn drives through the streets of Sa
Published November 21st 2013 by Hodder & Stoughton (first published November 19th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about World After, please sign up.

Abigail This would make a good movie. plenty of action sequences which seems to be the only thing in movies these days
Day La
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Allegiant by Veronica RothClockwork Princess by Cassandra ClareRequiem by Lauren OliverLover at Last by J.R. WardThe Indigo Spell by Richelle Mead
Can't Wait Books of 2013
36th out of 2,464 books — 12,470 voters
Allegiant by Veronica RothClockwork Princess by Cassandra ClareRequiem by Lauren OliverThe Indigo Spell by Richelle MeadUnravel Me by Tahereh Mafi
YA Novels of 2013
73rd out of 1,518 books — 10,763 voters

More lists with this book...

Dec 03, 2012 Cait marked it as to-read
This is me right now waiting for this sure-to-be-amazing book with a lot of my Goodreads friends:

I mean, come on! The first book was freaking amazing, and that last chapter.........that last freaking chapter. Damn. Can you all imagine what the second book is going to be like if the whole book is like that last chapter? Just think about it. I'd like to present you guys with..........

The Opening of the Second Book of Angelfall: A Tragic gif Play!

Caitlin is walking down the road one day when
Steph Sinclair
I was rather disappointed with this sequel because I didn’t find it as exciting an action packed as Angelfall. This may have something to do with Raffe and Penryn not being very exciting apart from each other, because for the first half of the book, I struggled to stay interested. On the positive side, the second half does pick up after Penryn and Raffe reunites and the horror aspect that we saw at the end of Angelfall really starts to shine through. I’m curious to see where this series is going ...more

Picture this: the world ends, and you’re left with a schizophrenic mother who’s fallen off the deep end and a kid sister that looks like an autopsy victim with razor-blade teeth.

The humans around you are half-convinced that you’re hellspawn due to an unfortunate rising-from-the-dead incident, your one non-familial ally now looks like a creature from your nightmares, and since he also thinks that you’re actually dead, he’s abandoned you.

Now you’re being carted off to God-knows-whe

Mountain View

It was quite a good read.But I didn't enjoy this one as much as I did the first book.The beginning was boring and there were some moments that I wanted to put the book down and start another one.The story moved so slowly and it just didn't work out for me.But the other half of the book was quite interesting,not as good as the first book but there were some moments that I quite enjoyed.Also there was a funny moment that I couldn't stop laughing for an hour.That was my favorite

Kat Kennedy
Dec 27, 2011 Kat Kennedy marked it as to-read
Finish writing this book, damnit!

...then give it me! Give it me!
Khanh (Clowns, Nightmares, and Bunnies)
*no spoilers*
Was that you, Pooky Bear?
There are a lot of themes of good vs. bad, the nature of evil, the length of which man will go to survive. As far as I'm concerned, the only message in this book that mattered is: you do NOT fuck with my sister, because I will hunt you down and I will make you pay. I understand it, and I admire Penryn for it.

I have a baby sister, I love her. We are the same age apart as Penryn and Paige.

...aaaand some years after.

It hasn't always been smooth sailing, but
Wendy Darling

Kat Stark

First Book: Angelfall

Third Book: End of Days

If the last 25% was the whole book this probably would have gotten a higher rating. Unfortunately the first 75% was complete filler that I didn’t care for one bit. I had to force myself to read and not skim. And if this were a tv show I would have probably skipped the whole episode.

Action scenes: Normally these wouldn’t be a big deal for me since I’ve read plenty of good action scenes, but this book really kicked it into gear (especially in the end)
Jen (The Starry-Eyed Revue)
Scroll down for my full review.

My initial thoughts on 9/18/13:

On Friday, when I got my ARC of World After:
 photo Entangled_zps9ee97b56.gif

Also, because Amazon actually sent me an ARC!!!:
 photo holy-sht_zps5d58f8ff.gif

Friday night when I got home and sat down to crack this baby open:
 photo mybodyisready_zpsec4f6e8b.gif

When my family wanted to go out to dinner, then shopping, then a million other things that weren't reading:
 photo crazyeye_zps18662eca.gif

All weekend, when my family had other plans for my precious reading time:
 photo nerdrage_zpsdcc6139d.gif

Then on Sunday when I finally got to start reading:
 photo excited_zpsbe25007c.gif

As I was reading:
 photo carltondancing_zpsd6401aea.gif

When Raffe (view spoiler)
Aug 30, 2013 Jude marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2012

photo tumblr_mffx1kiedV1rd3v0ho2_400_zps4cd7ee75.gif
past updates

I've been a patient reader, I know writing sequels takes time but

When is this book coming out?????
 photo tumblr_m6pwuoNSop1roqztm_zpse662ede3.gif

No official publication date

No Summary

Not even book title!

>.< !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please Susane Ee! end my suffering! I want to read the sequel :((

well... back to being patient.

Emily May

World After ticks a lot of boxes but it simply isn't as strong a story as we were given in Angelfall. I don't know how many books are planned for this series but it seems to fall prey to what would be called "middle book syndrome" in a trilogy. The story plods along, giving the novel a weighted feel which made it easy to put aside at times (something that could never be said for the previous book). My rating leans towards the positive because I did enjoy this sequel - Ee has a talent f
Brigid *Flying Kick-a-pow!*
“It’s amazing how many times we need to go against our survival instincts to survive.”

WARNING: There will probably be spoilers for the first book (Angelfall) in this review.

I read the first book of this series about three years ago. I had my doubts about it, since it looked like some typical dystopian/paranormal romance, but a lot of reviewers were saying it had far exceeded their expectations, so I gave it a try.

And I was pleasantly surprised! Angelfall turned out to be a dark and atmospheri
Robin (Bridge Four)
So excited to read this AGAIN in April 27 2015.

Buddy Reading with Cathryn, Danae, Ashley, Angela, Tanya, Catherine, Sarah, Navessa, Brigid, Shandra, Ya, Andrea, Mindy, Maria, Annette, Kristen, Lea, Sara, Athena (Shardbearer), Brandi, Nicholas, Michelle, Tandie, Jenny, Amanda, Gavin, Armina and Shelly at Buddies Books and Baubles

Reread April 27:

Darker than I remember and I loved it. Susan Ee really builds in some horrific elements about how bad it can really get. I'm all refreshed now and ready f
Kristin (KC)
*4.5 Stars!*

Absence really does make the heart grow fonder...

I LOVED this! I went into this sequel with some reserve, fairly unsure of what to expect, and I can honestly say that I fully enjoyed every moment of this suspenseful, action-packed, never predictable, twisted but just plain fun addition!

World After picks up directly where Angelfall leaves off, at the peak of chaos and calamity. The story follows Penryn as she unknowingly becomes a warrior for her kind ... fighting for the survival of
Judith (Judith'sChoiceReads)

This book had better come out ASAP 2013. I need it now, like candy or Ian Somerhalder, and on second thought, perhaps even more. This one is going to be fantastic, no doubt about it! Hurry up, Ee, you officially rocked my socks, period.

Update: January 3, 2014

My Review

There are no words for this book. The funny thing is that I went in expecting nothing but perfection. Ee floored me with Angelfall and I just couldn't conceive of a world where the book following such excellence was lacking in an
Stacia (the 2010 club)
A teenager, a mutated girl, a tattered angel, and a sword named Pooky Bear walk into a bar...

[insert punchline here]

[end result = win]

4.5 stars. Spoilers for book 1 only. I promise that there are no major spoilers here for World After, but I am placing a couple of quotes in this review with the assumption that most readers would figure Penryn and Raffe were going to cross paths again at some point. I just won't say when or how.

Not that I wasn't already in love with this series, but when the swor

We have a date on here.....October 10th??

UPDATED NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so having heard a rumour going around on goodreads that Susan Ee had heard many of the fans prayers about book 2, I immediately checked her blog, as you do, and prepare yourself there is some EPIC NEWS!!!

so yeah Fall 2013, while I can't say I'm too excited about waiting another year (I was still hoping for a Jan
I loved this, I really did...just not as much as the first book.
I think the reason has to do with the lack of Raffe for the majority of the time. He's off doing stuff, and Penryn is on her own trying to save the day.
Which is cool. Really!
I think the story was more entertaining when they were all bickery with each other.

For those of you who don't like to know anything before you read a book, there are mild spoilers in this review. Be warned!

Ok, so what happens in this book?
Crazy-Mom get
Kelly (and the Book Boar)
Find all of my reviews at:

Dallas Commercial Photography

I decided to break my own rule of reading Book #2 in a series after finishing Angelfall last year and giving it 3.5 Stars (that’s like the equivalent of 7 Stars for most people). I’m giving World After a very generous 3 Stars in hopes that the soon-to-be-released Book #3 gets back on track.

The problem I have with YA books in a series is there always seems to be so much filler that should have been left on the cutting room floor. While

This series is just so fast paced and so entertaining that it is impossible to put down! I believe this may be a new fan girl series for me as I am already REALLY attached to the characters! Plus it makes my heart happy to know there are going to be quite a few books in this series :D

Also, Raffe is super hot, and that sword is super sassy.
Rachel ♥Reads Ravenously♥
4 creepy stars

photo world after collage.png

This book. Oh my god this book. I spent a part of it freaked out, another part grossed out and a third part of it I was heartwarmed. How does Susan Ee do this? Is she a brilliant author mastermind?

I remember when this book was released I got it in the mail from amazon and I ripped open the package and started reading right away, because I had to know Raffe's reaction when he saw Penryn ag
Let me be honest with you, friends - my experience with Young Adult novels, those featuring either postapocalyptic or dystopian themes, and those with any hints of paranormal romances, has been mostly, well, uninspiring, to say the least. But yet I keep digging through the piles of dreck, forgetting the famous misattributed Einstein's definition of insanity, because among the piles of manure there may occasionally be a gem or two.

Susan Ee's debut novel, Angelfall, pleasantly surprised me, fallin
This was definitely a worthy sequel to Angelfall! Penryn was trapped between protecting her sister Paige, fighting for the humanity and her loyal feelings towards Raffe. Susan Ee took me on another exciting journey and I loved it.

I'm not sure if I have ever read about heroine with more out of ordinary life. Crazy schizofrenic mother, demonic and damaged sister, exiled angel as her saving grace - Penryn is very interesting character. And even though the picture I painted may seem odd to some peop
Recensione finale

Great job, Susan. Great job.
Outstanding, actually.

Penryn, Raffe, Paige, EVERYONE... And Pooky Bear above all.

I really needed a book this good, and yes: World After was

When faced with recapturing his wings or helping Penryn survive, which will he choose?

Does this mean we'll nave more PenrynxRaffe? YES? Thank God, my ship is happily sailing and I'm FREAKING HAPPY.

As for the date... Well, first it was 2012, then it was 2013.
October 10th.
Now Novem
Zemira Warner
The only bad thing about Angelfall is that it had an ending. I swear there hasn't been a book that made me so sad because there were three,two,one and none pages left.

Can't freakin' wait! It better come out in early spring,or summer. I don't want to hear nothing about autumn and winter.

Hmmm... Certainly not as compelling as Angelfall but it had some different redeeming qualities.

That ending was crazy. Paige vs. Beliel scene was sick and sad at the same time.
Reseña completa:
El mundo del mañana es una novela que me ha cautivado por completo. Si bien el comienzo parece lento, llega un momento en el que el ritmo es tan trepidante, que acaba dejándote sin aliento. Con unos personajes que sorprenden cada vez más, una historia coherente y bien elaborada, y una crudeza y narración únicas, Susan Ee consigue hacernos partícipes de una novela que no dejará indiferente a nadie.
(Me reservo el 5 a la tercera parte,
Alienor ✘ French frowner ✘

Book 1 : Angelfall 3.5 stars

I know what you might think : How in the world can I give more stars to this book than the first, while so many readers were disappointed? I'm breaking it for you : it's, actually, a matter of expectations.

Starting Angelfall, I was ready to be blown away by a fabulous world-building and a masterfully wrapped plot - I wasn't. Of course I loved kick-ass Penryn and her crazy mother. Of course I was delighted by the sort-of-but-not-quite-really asshole that was Raff
I'm not sure if it was my mood, the fact that Raffe was missing for the majority of the book, or if it was because the entire book felt like "filler" material, but I didn't enjoy this as much as the first in the series.

After really enjoying the action, the kickass MC, and the witty banter in the previous book, I was left wanting when practically all of that was missing from World After.

It wasn't bad, but it wasn't great either. Here's hoping the final book will make up for it.
Mery St. Clair
May 22, 2014 Mery St. Clair is currently reading it
  • Haze (The Rephaim, #2)
  • Fractured (Guards of the Shadowlands, #2)
  • Crushed (Soul Eater, #2)
  • The Eternity Cure (Blood of Eden, #2)
  • Quintana of Charyn (Lumatere Chronicles, #3)
  • Into the Hollow (Experiment in Terror, #6)
  • Outcast
  • Night of Cake & Puppets (Daughter of Smoke & Bone, #2.5)
  • Drop Dead Demons (Divinicus Nex Chronicles #2)
  • Untold (The Lynburn Legacy, #2)
  • The Pirate's Wish (The Assassin's Curse, #2)
  • Endless Knight (The Arcana Chronicles, #2)
  • The Unbound (The Archived, #2)
  • Sentinel (Covenant, #5)
  • Never Fade (The Darkest Minds, #2)
  • Boundless (Unearthly, #3)
Susan Ee is a USA Today bestselling author of the Penryn & the End of Days trilogy, ANGELFALL, WORLD AFTER, and END OF DAYS. Her books have been translated into over twenty languages, and her short films have played at major festivals. She used to be a lawyer but loves being a writer because it allows her imagination to bust out and go feral.

Sign up to hear about her next book at www.susanee.c
More about Susan Ee...

Penryn & the End of Days (3 books)
  • Angelfall (Penryn & the End of Days, #1)
  • End of Days (Penryn and the End of Days, #3)

“I look up to say something but he puts his finger to my lips and whispers, “Don’t talk. You’ll just spoil my fantasy of rescuing an innocent damsel in distress as soon as you open your mouth.” 581 likes
“He glares at me as if he already hates it. “What is it?” I consider lying but what’s the point? I clear my throat. “Pooky Bear."
He’s silent for so long I’m beginning to think he didn’t hear me when he finally says, “Pooky. Bear.” “It was just a little joke. I didn’t know.”
“I’ve mentioned that names have power, right? Do you realize that when she fights battles, she’s going to have to announce herself to the opposing sword? She’ll be forced to say something ridiculous like, ‘I am Pooky Bear, from an ancient line of archangel swords.’ Or, ‘Bow down to me, Pooky Bear, who has only two other equals in all the worlds.’ ” He shakes his head. “How is she going to get any respect?”