Start by marking “A Truck Goes Rattley-Bumpa” as Want to Read:
A Truck Goes Rattley-Bumpa

A Truck Goes Rattley-Bumpa

3.65 of 5 stars 3.65  ·  rating details  ·  102 ratings  ·  25 reviews
Here come the mighty trucks to get the job done!

Trucks can be big or small, red or blue. Trucks can make exciting noises. Trucks can haul and dig and stop and go. There are just so many things that trucks can do. But can they help to build a house? With teamwork anything is possible! Here is the perfect picture book for preschoolers who are fascinated with trucks of all k...more
Published September 1st 2005 by Henry Holt and Co. (BYR)

To ask other readers questions about A Truck Goes Rattley-Bumpa, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Truck Goes Rattley-Bumpa

Fishing Into Potato Salad by Othen Donald Dale CummingsFetch by Adam Glendon SidwellChicka Chicka Boom Boom by Bill Martin Jr.Turtle Wish by Murielle CyrBrown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See? by Bill Martin Jr.
Toddlers Ages 1-3
79th out of 144 books — 61 voters
Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See? by Bill Martin Jr.Pete the Cat by Eric LitwinBark, George by Jules FeifferThe Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric CarleFrom Head to Toe by Eric Carle
How to rock toddler storytime
237th out of 286 books — 125 voters

More lists with this book...

Courtney
Great book for identifying the different sounds that may come from a car. Instruments could be a great activity to go along with this particular book.
Jennifer Warrick Davis
My 5 year old son recently checked this book out from his school library. As soon as he got home he wanted to read it. We have read the book several times since then. I have a feeling I will be purchasing this book in the future. The pages are amazingly illustrated and full of color. The story has a rhythmic flow that any kid will love. A must read for children that love trucks of all types. I will be checking out more books by this author.

Originally posted on The Mystical World of Book Reviews.
Jacqui Robbins
Actually, this is my eighteen month-old's review:

(every morning while we had the book from the library): "Bumpa! Bumpa!" (repeat. repeat. repeat...)

(the first morning after we returned the book): "Bumpa? Where go Bumpa?!" (searches book box frantically)

Me: "Honey, we returned it to the library so other babies could read it."

Him (lamenting): "Baby? Bumpa. Sigh."

(every morning since then): "Bumpa? Baby all done? Bumpa? BUMPA!"

For my part, I loved it too.

Sophie
Nov 10, 2007 Sophie rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: children who love trucks
Shelves: picturebooks
Nell is fascinated by construction projects, since there's a huge one going on at her school right now. She liked the rhymes and the brightly colored illustrations in this book (which is a nice departure from the ubiquitous Froggy books by the same author). I don't think she quite got the narrative of the family building the house and the dad coming to join them via large moving truck, but that's okay for now. I'm sure we'll be re-reading this one in future.
Asho
A cute construction book, good for little boys that are into construction sites.
Meghan Hunt
Dolly
Jul 04, 2010 Dolly rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: beginning readers and parents reading with them
Shelves: 2010, childrens, rhyming
This is a fun book to read aloud, especially for beginning readers. The rhyme and repetition is good to build word recognition and the onomatopoeia is fun. The moving truck at the end was particularly fun for us as we imagined that it was our household goods that were being delivered to our new house.
Kim
Oh, so close! When I pick up a book called "A truck goes rattley-bumpa," I expect to say such a whimsical phrase at least 10 times. No repetition of the title. What could have been a fun sounding book turns into a: "This truck does this, this truck does that"
Tam
This book was too "young" for my 5-year-old but would be perfect for a toddler who loves trucks.

"A truck could be big.
A truck could be strong.
A truck could be short . . .
or very, very long."

Each page has an illustration to fit the descriptive word.
Edna
Nice read aloud book showing different types of trucks and what they can haul and what jobs they do in the city and country. The text is short and rhymes and the illustrations are simple, bold nd brightly colored.
Jess Brown
Good rhyme and rhythm in this book. Fans of trucks will want to hear it again and again, as the book goes through different trucks and all that they do. Illustrations are bold and clear, too.
Amy
Kudos to Santi for an excellent recommendation. Sam loves this book so much I'm dreading having to return it to the library (it also successfully distracted Sam from two major meltdowns today).
Elizabeth
Jun 24, 2009 Elizabeth rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Sam Circosta
Santi frantically begs me to reread this one before we even finish it. He especially loves the ice cream truck. I'm not sure I really get it, but the boy knows what he loves.
Amy
Mar 28, 2008 Amy rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: parents with truck-obsessed children!
Thank goodness! A truck book with a story line, charming illustrations, creative sound effects, and more to discover on each re-reading.
Leah
Brightly coloured and simple rhyming story about trucks. Well suited for toddler time.
Flora
All kinds of trucks, colorfully illustrated, doing truck things makes for a fun read!
Chris
Stig loves trucks. This is a picture book of a boy's imaginary trip in a big truck.
Leonard
Fun ryhming text and colorful illustrations make for a fun ride.
Wendy Kuzma
This book would be good for discussing opposites and rhyming words.
I really like some of London's books, and this is one I really like.
Kristie
Shorter text that emphasizes the different sounds a truck makes.
Kimberly
My toddler loves finding the squirrel on each page.
Maggie KutsBorg
Modestly successful with the toddler group.
Vivian
Kids love any story involving a truck.
A great book for boys who love trucks.
Inma
Inma added it
Sep 16, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Jonathan London is the author of several celebrated children's books. His commitment to honoring the wonders of the natural world has been lauded by readers and critics alike. He is the author of more than 70 children's books, many of which are about nature. He's also the author of the popular Froggy series. He lives in Graton, California with his wife and two sons.
More about Jonathan London...
Froggy Gets Dressed Froggy Goes to School Froggy Learns to Swim Froggy's First Kiss Froggy Goes to Bed