Start by marking “Temptation of the Incubus” as Want to Read:
Temptation of the Incubus

Temptation of the Incubus

Hybrid incubus, Amando is a true man-eater. Consuming life force to exist makes committing to long-term romance a difficult task.

The ancient Amando fears he's destined to be lonely, until he meets the humble electrician Mads Massimo, a human who innocently bites back.

Amando knows he should flee from this consuming human, but something in Mad's unique, pure soul binds them
Published (first published October 22nd 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Temptation of the Incubus, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Temptation of the Incubus

Mandapanda
A centuries old incubus, Amando, falls for Mads, a blue collar worker with a pure soul. But are Amando and Mads pawns in some greater scheme?

The story is told in first person POV by Amando. The book is divided into whimsically named chapters that alternate between Amando telling the story of his and Mad's affair, and Amando discussing with us, the readers, how he is feeling as his story progresses. It's a really unusual approach. Even more unusual is Amando's distinctive narrative voice. He reco
Vivian ♪(┌・。・)┌
Good God. The writing.

Not to be harsh, but definitely not my style. The actual story was interrupted by these stupid little narrations of nothing. "Ooops spilt my wine!" "Oh no!". I get how those whole little narrations built up to the very end when Mads got home (in the present) and it depicted the whole happy-chappy HEA thingy.

But seriously.

Can you make the content of those chapters more. . . content-y?

And good God. What the fuck was up with that introduction. I hated the book at the beginnin
Deja Dei
Nov 01, 2011 Deja Dei rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love the narrator's attitude! If you're tired of m/m books that are all very similar to each other and want something really different, read this. The narrator might seem like a douche at first, but he really is awesome if you stick with him. Best of all, he's unique, which sold me right away.
S.A.
Oct 23, 2011 S.A. rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-wrote
Amando thinks his story is fabulous. It is all about him, well, about his epic romance with his human lover Mads. About their trials and tribulations, trauma and drama, but most importantly about how pure love conquers cowards and naysayers.

Hmm, Amando is acting up. Have fun, doll.

Absynthe
Sep 29, 2012 Absynthe rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Too much talking. The main character talks too much, but it can get confusing as the punctuation is somewhat questionable. I just got too annoyed with him and DNF.

Update: finally finished this because I'm OCD. The writing style was irritating, the narrator just freaking talked too much about himself! Skimmed it to get to the end.
Augusta Li
Nov 05, 2011 Augusta Li rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh, Sa-- this is lovely and wonderful! I'm filled with professional jealousy. What an intriguing and enigmatic character you've created in Armando. I have to say, I wish he was mine.
Isabelle
Sep 09, 2012 Isabelle rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m
All right, a review was asked for:

I love m/m books, I've spent a fortune buying them and even the bad ones have been read from cover to cover (or first page to last if ebook) but I just couldn't finish this one, and I really tried.

To be honest I was turned off from the start, the language was not to my liking and the way the character is talking to the reader is just, I don't know, nothing that works for me, I desperately want him to stop stalling and get on with the story and please just skip s
H.B. Pattskyn
Nov 27, 2011 H.B. Pattskyn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I always have mixed feelings about first person narrative. It has to be *really* good for me to stick with it for any lenght of time--and this was *really* *REALLY* good! Amando is utterly charming. His voice is clear, consistant, and absorbing (and oh wouldn't he just love to hear the praises being sung!) I love his flighty, witty, flirty personality, and the flipping back and forth between actual story and Amadno's feelings about where we are in the story. Add to that what I feel is a delightf ...more
Sue
Jan 14, 2013 Sue rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really liked Amando, the incubus who speaks to us throughout the book.
It's written 1st person POV, and what a 'person' he is. The style is as lively and quirky as you'd expect an incubus to be, and it's funny too.
Here are the opening lines from Chapter 1: Hello Kittens! -

Watching my words
appear across the computer screen thrills me almost as much as a good fuck. I can delete them, make them reappear and disappear at will. Tap click fuckity whee-ye-hah!

And it goes along like that. It's bril
Susan
Oct 23, 2011 Susan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mm-read, z-2012
The narrator of this story is Amando, who has passed through his interesting life so far in a pretty egocentric manner. He was certainly unique and very individual and it wasn't hard to be pulled into his story. We begin to see subtle changes in Amando as he relates to us his tale and shares with us his relationship with Mads. For the first (possibly second!) time in his long life he falls in love but strange things are happening to him. Amando really hates not being in control and he doesn't un ...more
M'rella
I finished "Temptation" and absolutely loved it! I even began to enjoy Amando's never-ending babbling :D The last chapter was a touch disappointing and I can't figure out why. (view spoiler) Nevertheless the book was amazing! 4.5 stars :)
Moniqee
Oct 26, 2011 Moniqee rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
That cocky A... narrates his love story that can be annoying at times since he likes to remind us how enslave we are with his teases...I wasnt sold as his kitten in the beginning but as he flowered the story with his charm, I cant help but cheer his sassiness on. Meow!
Shaz
Sep 01, 2012 Shaz rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mm, sci-fi-fantasy
Gwendolyn
The story was a soild four but the first person POV breaking the fourth wall chapters did not work for me.
Dee Wy
Oct 02, 2011 Dee Wy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m, m-m-paranormal
Not a fan of the first person narrator, or this would have been 4 stars for me. Nice paranormal.
Ayanna
Oct 31, 2012 Ayanna rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The wandering style fit the character, but was rather annoying at times. I think I ended up skipping the entire middle section because I really didn't care. (Is this what other people feel like when they talk to me? lol)

I also share the sentiments of (whoever wrote that review, idk) that Mads was, in many ways, too perfect. I guess since I skipped the middle, it wasn't that big a deal to me and the (view spoiler) thing was okay, I guess...

Meh, since I skipped a lot of
C
Oct 28, 2012 C marked it as dnf  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: gay, romance, paranormal
Couldn't get past the style, it just annoyed me too much. Seemed the like story might have been good with about 50% fewer words.
Cat
Cat rated it it was ok
Sep 27, 2012
Gabbi
Gabbi rated it it was amazing
Aug 31, 2012
tiia
tiia rated it liked it
Jan 21, 2012
Eugenia Lynn
Eugenia Lynn rated it it was amazing
May 30, 2012
Dcf260
Dcf260 rated it it was amazing
Jun 07, 2012
Bri
Bri rated it liked it
Mar 30, 2012
JiGzz Fahrenheit
JiGzz Fahrenheit rated it liked it
Mar 03, 2015
B
B rated it it was ok
Jul 08, 2013
Audrianna
Audrianna rated it liked it
Feb 07, 2016
Abell
Abell rated it it was ok
Feb 16, 2015
Sugar
Sugar rated it it was amazing
Feb 12, 2012
Shannon
Shannon rated it it was ok
Feb 09, 2015
SarkyB*
SarkyB* rated it really liked it
Jun 06, 2014
Do demons exist? 1 3 Oct 28, 2011 11:17PM
  • No Greater Love (Sons of Aphrodite, #1)
  • His Soul to Take
  • Healer (The Institute #1)
  • Between Heaven & Hell (Heavenly Sins #1)
  • Warrior Angel, Heart's Desire (Immortal Pleasures, #1)
  • Lust & Fae (Anything Goes #1)
  • Angels of the Deep
  • Country Soul
  • The City of Lovely Brothers
  • A Broken Light (Beyond the Night, #1)
  • Tainted Blood (Tainted, #1)
  • Finn (Endangered Fae #1)
  • Other Side of Night: Bastian & Riley (Other Side of Night, #1)
  • Deadly Secrets (Dark Kings of Eternity, #1)
  • Servitude
  • Physical Chemistry
  • Dark Geist
  • Liquid Glass
Thirty years ago, I started writing m/m romance. My writing remained a secret lest my friends thought me a freak. Writing about men inserting tab A into slot B didn’t seem the norm for a female teenager. Reading Gordon Merrick, John Rechy and Larry Kramer helped me fill in informational gaps. Yes, I read these books in my bedroom.

As the years progressed and I discovered my sexual path, I still wro
More about S.A. Garcia...