Start by marking “Prodigal” as Want to Read:
Prodigal

Prodigal (Prodigal #1)

This edition is currently Out of Print and unavailable for purchase.

When the bizarre murder of an old classmate reunites ex-lovers Ethan and Jesse, a shared childhood secret draws them back together as an otherworldly killer tries to tear them apart for good.

After escaping its mysterious grasp twelve years ago, Ethan Wilde never thought he'd return to Kingston, North Carol
Published October 2011 by Musa Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Prodigal, please sign up.

Gigi The author has plans to re-release this one, but it's been several years. I suggest emailing the author to show interest in the self publication.…moreThe author has plans to re-release this one, but it's been several years. I suggest emailing the author to show interest in the self publication. Maybe she thinks no one is interested?(less)

Ami
I think the story "suffers" a bit from the length. Truthfully, the idea of how six children came back from the woods holding a secret between them, and how their life is surrounding by dark unexplainable things, is appealing. It has some sort of Stephen King-like. But the novella type makes the tension build-up in reaching that climax as a bit weak as well as choppy. I do like both main characters, I have a soft-spot for stories about ex-lovers because of the emotional attachment and idea of sec ...more
WildAboutBones
Nov 19, 2011 WildAboutBones rated it liked it
Shelves: read4bbpr-review
-->3.5 Stars!<-- But this could have easily been a 4 or 4.5 stars but I'm getting ahead of myself. It is definitely worth reading. This story starts out strong with "Nothing brings family together like a murder." What a way to get my attention.

Then it kept my attention by using the death of a woman, who happens to share the name of a new (to me) favorite author Jacquelyn Frank, as the reason for Ethan to return to his hated and feared home town twelve years after leaving it.

Early on, this
Portia
Dec 22, 2011 Portia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Let me start by saying, if I’d known what this book was about, I would not have touched it with a ten-foot pole. See, I am basically a wimp. I say that nightlight in the bathroom is for my kids, but truth be told…I’m scared of the dark.

Prodigal scared the bejezus out of me…and I like it. From word one there is a dark tone to this book. You don’t know what drove Ethan from his hometown, but you do know that death is bringing him back.

The romance is secondary to the mystery, for sure. And there is
Debbie
Feb 21, 2014 Debbie rated it really liked it

I have to say that finishing this book right before bed was not the best idea, an hour or 2 later I woke up to a noise, paralyzed thinking someone(thing) had crawled through my window. Although not a terribly long story, it sure packed a punch. I feel it should have been just a bit longer, I was left with some questions at he end. I was curious why Papa Wilde felt the way he did, did he know something he couldn't speak of? (Who knows maybe I totally missed some of the explanations.) But
J.L. Merrow
Feb 19, 2012 J.L. Merrow rated it it was amazing
Excellent, chilling paranormal metaphor for growing up gay, or otherwise "different" in a small town. Ever felt isolated, trapped by your environment? Or that even years after you'd escaped, some part of you was left behind?
Skilled use of flashbacks to add tension (and I am normally a flashback-averse reader. AM Arthur does it how it should be done.)
Probably best not to do what I did, and read it last thing at night... ;)
Tiferet
Jul 26, 2014 Tiferet rated it really liked it
Short, but definitely worth a try (best read without even taking a look at synopses before).
Gabbi
This is the first book I’ve read written by A.M. Arthur, and it definitely won’t be my last! I knew from reading the blurb, that Prodigal was going to have both romance and mystery, but I had no idea what a nail-biting horror story this book would turn out to be! From the very first sentence to the last word, Prodigal kept me enthralled within its grasp. I immediately was gripped by the fast-paced storyline and the intensity of feelings the two main heroes felt for one another. I loved every twi ...more
ManOhMan
May 10, 2012 ManOhMan rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
Joyfully Jay
Jan 17, 2014 Joyfully Jay rated it it was amazing
Shelves: crissy
This review was originally written for Joyfully Jay Reviews.

Can I, just for a minute, gush to you about how much I have come to adore A.M. Arthur’s writing? I am now convinced after reading this story that this author can do anything. Yes, I am head over heels in love with her contemporary works. But this utterly unique, imaginative piece of paranormal has almost left me speechless. It is masterfully planned and composed. This story not only drew me in and kept me enthralled, but it sc
Barb Gilmour
Jan 15, 2012 Barb Gilmour rated it it was amazing
I really liked this story. I had no clue what the synopsis was.... I avoid reading any and all snippets, so the whole plot just took me along, not having a clue what was coming next. And it was good! The end twist of Ethan and Jesse's greatest fears was clever; i thought the 2 of them together were both sweet and scorching! Poor Jesse all that time totally alone.
melek
Mar 11, 2013 melek rated it it was amazing
12 years later Ethan returns home for a funeral and learn more then what happened back 12 years and why he left and now he return.. some twist and turns to the story...
Aniko
Jan 22, 2012 Aniko rated it it was amazing
Marlobo
Jul 08, 2012 Marlobo marked it as mm-skipped
This seems like a horror story, not my cup of tea
Theresa
Theresa rated it it was amazing
Mar 06, 2015
Pixie
Pixie rated it liked it
Mar 29, 2015
Jennifer rated it really liked it
Jun 17, 2013
Rute
Rute rated it really liked it
Oct 31, 2012
jules0623
jules0623 rated it liked it
Oct 23, 2012
Selina
Selina rated it really liked it
Dec 22, 2013
Lada
Lada rated it it was ok
Oct 30, 2011
Krista
Krista rated it really liked it
Mar 22, 2013
Paul
Paul rated it really liked it
Dec 01, 2012
Robin
Robin rated it liked it
Sep 21, 2012
Kim
Kim rated it really liked it
Jan 16, 2014
Whit
Whit rated it it was amazing
Jan 24, 2012
Sharon
Sharon rated it really liked it
Jun 27, 2012
J.
J. rated it really liked it
Jul 23, 2012
Alexa Logan
Alexa Logan rated it it was amazing
Apr 02, 2013
Eyre
Eyre rated it liked it
Sep 17, 2014
Kim W
Kim W rated it liked it
Apr 24, 2014
No stranger to the writing world, A.M. Arthur has been creating stories in her head since she was a child and scribbling them down nearly as long. She credits an early fascination with male friendships (bromance wasn't a thing yet) with her later discovery of and subsequent affair with m/m romance stories. When not writing, she can be found in her kitchen, pretending she's an amateur chef and tryi ...more
More about A.M. Arthur...

Prodigal (2 books)