Start by marking “Haunted Files from the Edge: A Paranormal Investigator's Explorations Into Infamous Legends & Extraordinary Manifestations” as Want to Read:

3.08  ·  Rating Details  ·  26 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
The Strange, the Bizarre, and the Unexplained

Just when you think Philip Imbrogno’s infamous files have been exhausted, he presents us with another collection of spooky cases of unexplained strangeness. Pulled from more than thirty years’ worth of investigations, these never-before-published cases involve run-ins with angry spirits, phantasms, monsters, and poltergeists.

Thr
Published August 8th 2012 by Llewellyn Publications (first published August 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Haunted Files from the Edge, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Haunted Files from the Edge

Majanka
Aug 25, 2012 Majanka rated it did not like it
I’ve never been as nervous about posting a review before as I’ve been about posting this one. Why? Because in the first time for as long as I’ve had this blog, which is little over two years, I didn’t finish this book. I couldn’t. Believe me, I wanted to. I gave up in three fourth because I simply couldn’t take it anymore.

This isn’t the first true haunting book I’ve read. Up till now, I pretty much enjoyed all the ones I’ve read, some more than others. I’m skeptical about the paranormal, but I b
Carol Zanetti
Jul 10, 2015 Carol Zanetti rated it did not like it
I chose not to finish reading this book after reading other readers' reviews. I researched the author online myself, and I discovered it has been proven that he misrepresented his credentials and background. The book still might be fun and entertaining to other readers if taken with a large grain of salt. But I had hoped for an honest account by an honest author. If he can lie about himself, I can't trust what he has written. He seems to have left the field entirely after being discovered.
Diana
Mar 28, 2016 Diana rated it really liked it
I loved this book, it was nice to read a "true" ghost story book that wasn't a rehash of the same old stories. This book was the first I read by this author and definitely plan to read more. The stories in the book mostly take place in New England, in places most "Ghost Hunters" haven't written about, I enjoyed reading about different haunted places. If you enjoy this type of book, I really recommend it.
Michelle
Aug 17, 2012 Michelle rated it liked it
Shelves: paranormal
Entertaining look at the paranormal, but future reader's need to be aware that recent questions have been raised about Philip J. Imbrogno's credentials regarding his supposed military experiances. Read it for some great ghost stories, but don't accept all the claims at face value.
Chris
Feb 07, 2013 Chris rated it liked it
I'm a junkie for true ghost story books. This one was entertaining and some of the stories were truly spooky, but somehow I get the feeling that this author sits around the house with an aluminum foil helmet on.
Wendi
Dec 22, 2015 Wendi rated it liked it
An interesting read from his collection so spooky cases and unexplained investigations.
E
Apr 24, 2013 E rated it liked it
A fun book full of fun, if somewhat unbelievable, tales.
Amanda
Amanda rated it liked it
Jul 12, 2016
Adella Cortes
Adella Cortes is currently reading it
Jul 09, 2016
Katie
Katie marked it as to-read
May 25, 2016
Audrey
Audrey added it
May 31, 2016
Jay
Jay marked it as to-read
May 02, 2016
Kirsten
Kirsten marked it as to-read
Jan 08, 2016
Adelia
Adelia rated it it was amazing
Jan 02, 2016
Cara
Cara marked it as to-read
Oct 20, 2015
Toni
Toni rated it it was amazing
Mar 03, 2015
Patricia
Patricia marked it as to-read
Mar 31, 2015
Crystal Dewey
Crystal Dewey rated it really liked it
Feb 11, 2015
Elekra Price
Elekra Price rated it liked it
Feb 06, 2015
Dawn
Dawn marked it as to-read
Jan 26, 2015
Michelle
Michelle rated it liked it
Dec 17, 2014
Rachel Kayla
Rachel Kayla marked it as to-read
Nov 15, 2014
Sandy
Sandy rated it really liked it
Oct 29, 2014
Shannon
Shannon marked it as to-read
Sep 20, 2014
Andrew Palmer
Andrew Palmer marked it as to-read
Aug 29, 2014
Maren
Maren marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2014
Denise Stana
Denise Stana marked it as to-read
Apr 21, 2014
Kryssy Kirsch
Kryssy Kirsch marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2014
Chris K.
Chris K. rated it did not like it
Jan 03, 2014