Start by marking “A Christmas I Remember” as Want to Read:

A Christmas I Remember

This is the true story of a little girl who is worried that Santa won't make it to her house, not only because of a terrible snowstorm, but because her Daddy is still awake and shoveling! What will happen? A child's innocence and the birth of our Savior will capture your heart making this a true Christmas classic! You can keep up with Deirdre at www.DeirdreTolhurst.com.
Published November 1st 2011 by Tate Publishing & Enterprises

To ask other readers questions about A Christmas I Remember, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Christmas I Remember

Cherrye Vasquez
Feb 02, 2013 Cherrye Vasquez rated it it was amazing
What a beautiful childhood Christmas story. I love how Deirdre Tolhurst shared her Christmas memories as displayed in "A Christmas I Remember." I adore the poetic style used as Deirdre enlightened her readers through this sweet little book.

As I read this story, I reminisced back to my past Christmases with my siblings as we waited for Santa Claus. What a beautiful, magical way to share a personal childhood Christmas story. I can also tell that Deirdre holds a very special place in her heart for
Sandra McLeod
Jul 02, 2012 Sandra McLeod rated it it was amazing
This reminds me of the books I used to read a a child--so comforting and traditional. Both the illustrations and the verse evoke nostalgic memories of Christmases past complete with snow falling, burning fires, and family. A wonderful book for families to read together!
Rosemary
Jul 02, 2012 Rosemary rated it it was amazing
By: Deirdre Tolhurst

Great gifts come in small packages, as it has been said and this is no exception!

Mrs. Tolhurst's Christmas book will make even the parents' hearts smile as they look into the eyes of their children listening to this story.

The story begins Christmas Eve with a snow storm that fills the lawn and pathways which her father has spent hours shoveling so Santa can find his way.

There is a tenderness in this family story that delights the core of the way Christma
Stacie
Jun 10, 2012 Stacie rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviews
A Christmas I Remember by Deirdre Tolhurst is a wonderful rhyming story that reminds readers of the magic of Christmas.

Excitement fills the air as the anticipation of Santa's arrival is on the minds of all girls and boys. "Mary wanted a jewelry box, a pretty one in blue. Terry wanted bicycle, a three-speed racer you know. I just wanted a folk guitar, wrapped in a fancy bow." But, this Christmas Eve the snow is mounting and the little girl is fearful that Santa won't be able to find her house. He
Micki Peluso
Jul 04, 2012 Micki Peluso rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: children and adults of all ages
Recommended to Micki by: a friend

By

Deirdre Tolhurst

It's Christmas Eve and a blizzard brings heavy, blinding deep snow to Deirdre's town. It is beautiful to gaze upon, yet the little girl wonders if Santa can make it through the storm. She watches out her window as her dad shovels snow that keeps piling right back, but falls asleep, despite her worries, and awakens on Christmas morning.

Deirdre Tolhurst shares her own remembrance of such a Christmas storm and the miracle that transpires that Holiest of night
Monica Brinkman
Monica Brinkman rated it it was amazing
Jan 06, 2014
Deirdre
Deirdre rated it it was amazing
Feb 29, 2016
Delinda McCann
Delinda McCann rated it really liked it
Jan 04, 2014
Cynthia Ainsworthe
Cynthia Ainsworthe rated it it was amazing
Jan 05, 2014
Deirdre Tolhurst
Jun 27, 2012 Deirdre Tolhurst rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: wrote
Martha Love
Martha Love rated it it was amazing
Jan 31, 2013
Tom Blubaugh
Tom Blubaugh marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2012
Janice
Janice marked it as to-read
Sep 24, 2012
Agata
Agata marked it as to-read
Nov 20, 2012
Sandra Nachlinger
Sandra Nachlinger marked it as to-read
Feb 02, 2013
Maureen Brennan
Maureen Brennan marked it as to-read
Apr 20, 2013
Linda
Linda marked it as to-read
Sep 03, 2013
Anisha
Anisha marked it as to-read
Sep 24, 2013
Andrea
Andrea marked it as to-read
Nov 30, 2013
Antonia Valentine
Antonia Valentine marked it as to-read
Dec 01, 2013
Amie Buonafina
Amie Buonafina marked it as to-read
May 19, 2014
Ilias joy
Ilias joy marked it as to-read
Feb 10, 2015
Emanuela Bistika
Emanuela Bistika marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2015
Samantha
Samantha marked it as to-read
Oct 28, 2015
Kristi
Kristi marked it as to-read
Nov 12, 2015
Jeri N'
Jeri N' marked it as to-read
Sep 23, 2016
Igrowastreesgrow
Igrowastreesgrow marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2017